The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #501
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
You're joking, right? You mean you didn't see "the leviathan" in today's trailer, flying over NYC with all the Frost Giants dropping off like Halo ODST shock troops....?

The leviathan abides.
Eh, maybe. I just think it'd be hysterical, though, as the X-Men came up with this plan revolving around "Leviathan" saving them. The Breakworld aliens (not to mention me and probably every other reader of Astonishing X-Men at the time) were trying to figure out what Leviathan was, only to find out that the X-Men knew that they were being surveilled at the time and that "Leviathan" was just a load of horse **** to throw them off track. I just think it'd be funny if Whedon played the same prank again.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:24 AM   #502
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Whisky Tango, how did you get Ed Norton's reaction to watching the Super Bowl spot?

He must be ticked he's not in this movie .
I refuse to think about it any more.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-06-2012, 12:25 AM   #503
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cth View Post
Unless it was preceeded by Cap calling out for everyone to assemble/regroup before barking out orders.
No, still corny. Sorry, you aren't going to sell that shot to me as anything other than eye candy. It's a big pose.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #504
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hawkman is a not an Avenger.

Also Hawkeye and Black Widow have been Avengers before and they've been around in the comics since the 1960's.
That doesn't matter, they can't tear apart a mothership with their bare hands and therefore don't belong on the team.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 AM   #505
quara33
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're right! I thought it looked odd as a motorcycle....I was looking at the wrong angle.
I totally thought it was a motorcycle too!

Old 02-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #506
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

Craig, I am sorry but this avy is way too awesome. lmfao If it really bothers you I'll change it though.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #507
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

im guessing you must have 2,00 posts to have a bigger avatar?

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 02-06-2012, 12:30 AM   #508
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Here's some 100x100 avvys:

Here's more 100x100:

Also where is the gif/avvy thread?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:31 AM   #509
WindsofHorus
Test Pilot of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPiltoff View Post
No, still corny. Sorry, you aren't going to sell that shot to me as anything other than eye candy. It's a big pose.
It will probably be a little more meaningful in the context of the movie.. Maybe it's the Avengers finally coming together and working a 6 person unit, and not just individually..

Old 02-06-2012, 12:32 AM   #510
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
So what? I'm glad that this movie is embracing it's comic book roots instead of backing away from them.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #511
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

It's a back-against-the-wall shot. The team has been cornered, and they realize they're surrounded and outmanned/outgunned, etc., so they're rallying. Seems like a perfectly reasonable explanation, even if it is a great excuse to start posing.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-06-2012, 12:33 AM   #512
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That doesn't matter, they can't tear apart a mothership with their bare hands and therefore don't belong on the team.

That makes not since. They provide strategic value to the team. Its like saying that we don't need ground troops because we have Aircrafts, Tanks and Nukes.

Sure the the other three are more powerful but the Ground troops will be doing the ground work while the other do the heavy lifting.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #513
Oruku Saki
Side-Kick

Quote:

You do realize you are watching a movie right? everything in it is essentially a pose.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #514
WindsofHorus
Test Pilot of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsofHorus View Post
It will probably be a little more meaningful in the context of the movie.. Maybe it's the Avengers finally coming together and working a 6 person unit, and not just individually..
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
So what? I'm glad that this movie is embracing it's comic book roots instead of backing away from them.
Quote:
It's a back-against-the-wall shot. The team has been cornered, and they realize they're surrounded and outmanned/outgunned, etc., so they're rallying. Seems like a perfectly reasonable explanation, even if it is a great excuse to start posing.
We're all on the same team here

Old 02-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #515
cryptic name
No Limits

Quote:
So? It looks awesome.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #516
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
That makes not since. They provide strategic value to the team. Its like saying that we don't need ground troops because we have Aircrafts, Tanks and Nukes.

Sure the the other three are more powerful but the Ground troops will be doing the ground work while the other do the heavy lifting.
I'm aware. hence the

Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #517
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
Perfect.
That was my exact reaction.
Then I laughed, switched to my mobile, and finished reading to see if that post had any saving grace.
Nope.
But....
This.

-Hercules, Captain America #444
Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 AM   #518
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
It will only come off corny if they do it for no reason other than posing. If they're being attacked from all sides and then they regroup with there backs facing each other in order to cover each other backs then that won't come off as corny.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 AM   #519
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
I just want RIM and everyone else to know . . . I will see the movie before all of you do .
When will you see it?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:41 AM   #520
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Saying Widow and Hawkeye can't do anything is like saying Batman couldn't do anything. And I hate having to use his ass as a comparison whenever there are superheroes sans powers.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #521
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
I'm aware. hence the
oh

Old 02-06-2012, 12:42 AM   #522
captainrogers
Diluted SuperSoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Here's more 100x100:

Also where is the gif/avvy thread?
Awesomeness.
Would to be willing/able to make an All Cap Avy?
(multiple trailer shots of Cap in them?)

-Hercules, Captain America #444
Old 02-06-2012, 12:43 AM   #523
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

People have lost touch of the reasons for even posting on this site. Its not called IngmarBergmanHype, its a website about superheroes and comicbooks. Avengers looks to be the ultimate comicbook movie. "But--it looks like big explosions and lots of action. Also humor and uplifting moments..."

Yeah, no s**t. Its an Avengers movie. They tend to fight aliens and aliens tend to invade and blow s**t up. What do some people want this movie to be....Loki robbing banks and Iron Man pouting as Jarvis tells him everything will be ok?

Old 02-06-2012, 12:44 AM   #524
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
It will only come off corny if they do it for no reason other than posing. If they're being attacked from all sides and then they regroup with there backs facing each other in order to cover each other backs then that won't come off as corny.
I think they'll add the aliens in later, to show that the Avengers were surrounded and were backed into a corner. And like someone said, they were probably just a collection of individuals, but in that fight, they finally treated each other as comrades and teammates. That would give the scene alot more meanings and subtexts, and not just posing.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 02-06-2012, 12:45 AM   #525
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
People have lost touch of the reasons for even posting on this site. Its not called IngmarBergmanHype, its a website about superheroes and conicbooks. Avengers looks to be the ultimate comicbook movie. "But--it looks like big explosions and lots of action. Also humor and uplifting moments..."

Yeah, no s**t. Its an Avengers movie. They tend to fight aliens and aliens tend to invade and blow s**t up. What do some people want this movie to be....Loki robbing banks and Iron Man pouting as Jarvis tells him everything will be ok?
But... but... where is the socio-political commentary about the recession and terrorism!?!?! It can't be taken seriously if it doesn't have socio-political commentary!

Closed Thread