The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: Should Genosha be in this film?
Yes 9 52.94%
No 4 23.53%
I don't know/I'm not certain 4 23.53%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Should Genosha be in this film?

If they really are going for a James Bond film look it might be interesting to have the climax set in a secret base in Genosha. Thoughts?

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
psyonic
X-Man

Default Re: Should Genosha be in this film?

I want to see Genosha but with Cassandra Nova as the villain. Anyone who has read New X-Men should know how dangerous and maniacal she is. She was a real threat.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #3
gap5ewl
inconspicuous since '03.

It could work. Like maybe if it was a top secret containment camp or jail for the most dengerous mutants. Doesn't necessarily have to be an island off the coast of Madagascar.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:39 AM   #4
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Haven't we already seen enough of mutants in prison?

Old 09-10-2010, 09:55 AM   #5
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

^ I agree...I thought X3 should have been the perfect time to intro. Genosha, the cured could have been based their and for mutants who were to dangerous kept locked away in a secret prison, just think of the cameos(!!!!)

but if this turn into a new trilogy I would like to see Genosha in a 3rd film, with the premise that the island is a safe haven for mutants, with a Sentinel storyline or something else that ties the plot w/the Genosha...and also this should be the film where Magneto makes his return w/his Brotherhood (I don't want him in a sequel, it should be a mystery as to what he's up to, and the 3rd film he should be the villain and after his defeat he dissappears up until X1)

Phoenix_Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:00 PM   #6
Squidboy
Side-Kick

If Genosha were to be used, I'd hope it was made to be a paradise for mutants, not a prison. But with the way that the movie series is playing out, I don't really see Genosha making sense as a location for a prequel. Think of it this way, if mutants in X-Men 1 weren't even really given the right to freely announce themselves without fear of retaliation, what good would it do to have them form a nation for themselves? It could be a good way to show how the human population would never accept them, and have a sort of Rise and Fall of Genosha storyline in a First Class sequel, but I'm sure fans are tired of seeing Genosha portrayed as a place that only exists to be broken down by the rest of the world. If an X4 were to happen, I'd like to see Magneto accept that his choices were wrong, and he goes off to Genosha (which would be a secret island that many mutant refugees are escaping to) to do some good, which would leave room for a new villain to keep the X-Men on their toes. That, and I thought it was a huge mistake to reuse the same villains throughout all of the movies. In four movies, we only had the characters face off against Magneto, Stryker, and their cronies. It's time to take the movies in a new direction, and I'm hoping the Hellfire Club will be well-liked enough to warrant new bad guys to show up.

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #7
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

It would be cool if they did Genosha, but I agree we got the mutant prisoner camps too often in these films already. It would be a good way to show why Magneto would break up with Xavier because they will prove to him that humans would try to do with mutants what the Nazis did with the Jewish people, but we've already had two out of four films with imprisoned mutants. Genosha the paradise would be a good idea though. Maybe when Magneto leaves Xavier it could be to go and build up a mutant army in Genosha. Or maybe Magneto doesn't decide war is the right way to go at first but that mutants should seek to live separately from mutants. And then the sequel could be about Sentinels laying waste to Genosha, convincing Magneto that a war is destined to happen and he needs to make sure mutants are the winners.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 09-11-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Deaths Head II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
Squidboy
Side-Kick

I don't think some scenes totaling maybe 10-15 minutes of actual screen time really would affect the prison aspect - if anything, it'd just show that history is doomed to repeat itself. I mean, we had Magneto holding Kelly captive in X-Men; Deathstrike, Mutant-143, Xavier, Cyclops, and six of Xavier's students held against their will to benefit Stryker in X2; the mobile prisons in The Last Stand and then Stryker's guinea pig tanks in Wolverine - so imprisonment is a recurring theme in the movies, even if they continued that idea, it wouldn't be anything new.

That's why I'd much prefer the persecution of mutants to gradually build, so that maybe if the idea of a mutant prison is brought up again, it'd be after a movie or two of these characters fighting their way up, only to be knocked back down by bigotry and legislative bodies proposing the Mutant Registration Act (which would lead perfectly into the first film). If this film is going to really break some new ground, I'd really like to see the mutants get a fair shake of things for a while, because as a newly emerging species to hit public awareness, I don't think they should immediately be rushed at with torches and pitchforks - build up a reason for the public hatred in these films, so that we as an audience can see both sides and their viewpoints represented fairly. Should an enemy in this movie or a possible sequel screw up royally, with the whole world watching (think if Proteus had a meltdown and destroyed an entire city block because he wasn't able to control his powers), then the baseline humans will have a reason for all their anti-mutant rallies and their "rabble, rabble, rabble" cheering for Kelly in the first film.

Squidboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #9
Project862006
Banned User

this is what i love about possible new franchise is so many possible villains and storylines original trilogy did'nt do

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
Ultra Lantern
In Darkest Night!

In either X-Men:First Class 2 or X-Men 4,they should show Genosha.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:18 AM   #11
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Depends.

Genosha sounds too ambitious for the X-Men films. I don't know if 20th Century Fox will go with it.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote