Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2012, 11:39 AM   #101
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Matthew Vaughn Helming X-Men: First Class Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Lionsgate wants to get filming going on Catching Fire by this Spring, in the event The Hunger Games take off like many expect. Fitting in Lawrence for both that and X-Men: Second Class will be next to impossible since both are gearing up around the same time and both gunning for 2013 releases.
Where are you getting these filming and release schedules for the X-Men: First Class sequel? We've not yet heard any commitment to a 2013 release, especially with The Wolverine and Deadpool also on the table to go this year. If they proceed with either or both of those first, then First Class 2 won't get under way for a while, giving Lawrence plenty of availability.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:00 PM   #102
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The sequel to First Class won't be out for 2013.We are looking at 2013 start and 2014 release.

The wolverine will be next X film In theatres.

Yes there have been cases where actors have been bought out of contracts.But,In X-Men franchises actors have only gotten out of films when they choose not to bring characters back.

James Mcavory and Michael Fassbneder won't be only actors to return.Count on that.Jennifer Lawrence made comment about Intrested In returning apart from having a contraral commitment.

A lot of big franchise pictures lock up actors for multifilms.About the only reason Natalie Portman IS returning for Thor 2 Is because of her contract.Kirsten Dunst was only In all 3 Spider-Man films because of the contract.Hell Halle Berry might not have returned for X2 If It hadn't been for the contract.It was only after the Catwoman fiasco that she became more open to doing X-Men films.She basiclly did no promation for X2.

Vaughn has just signed.Once Kinberg Is done with script he and Jane Goldman will likely rewrite It.we have had no Indiction Fox Is trying to have It In production this year.

Old 02-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #103
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Fitting in Lawrence for both that and X-Men: Second Class will be next to impossible since both are gearing up around the same time and both gunning for 2013 releases.
We haven't heard anything so far which suggests we'll be getting the First Class sequel next year.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:34 AM   #104
josh8
Side-Kick

I can see a situation where Jennifer Lawrence would try to get out of her contract since her career is on the upswing and the role of Mystique is fairly taxing and... kind of naked. If XM:FC, she didn't have to show much since she wasn't "mutant and proud" yet, but the next would be different.

However, I also think Lawrence has so far been a pretty classy actress/person and may keep her word on continuing. Scheduling wouldn't be impossible since she could be a supporting role. I recall Rebecca Romijn only being on set for something like 25 days for X2 (and even less for Last Stand).

Old 02-07-2012, 05:36 AM   #105
merbass
Side-Kick

Since Mystique will mostly be in blue form for the next movie, perhaps Jennifer won't need to be in the movie if she doesn't want to. I wish Amber Heard step in the role in case Jennifer pass on the movie.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:37 AM   #106
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Jennifer is going to come back, she liked filming FC.

Old 02-07-2012, 01:15 PM   #107
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
However, I also think Lawrence has so far been a pretty classy actress/person and may keep her word on continuing. Scheduling wouldn't be impossible since she could be a supporting role. I recall Rebecca Romijn only being on set for something like 25 days for X2 (and even less for Last Stand).
I doubt that. Mystique was set up as an important character in XFC and I suspect that'll continue in the sequel. I'm crossing my fingers she returns.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #108
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The Wolverine has just been given a july 26 2013 release Date.The First Class sequel Isn't coming out In 2013.

There Is quite possable a Magneto-Mystique-Emma Triangle coming In sequel.If they want to have Mystique and Azarel get together to produce Nightcrawler we could have a jealous Mystique spend night with Azarel.A devolpment like this would allow Mystique to be important character.She Is one member of Brotherhood we know that will stick with Magneto.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:17 PM   #109
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
I doubt that. Mystique was set up as an important character in XFC and I suspect that'll continue in the sequel. I'm crossing my fingers she returns.
You are right about that. But I wanted to also point out that Rebecca made quite an impression in X2 without being on set all the time.

Old 02-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #110
Project862006
Banned User

i would'nt be surprised if she did'nt come back

lead in a popular franchise

or a supporting character in a film where she has to be painted naked everyday

Old 02-07-2012, 10:28 PM   #111
Neo_3
Side-Kick

FC2 can start filming late August/early September. Even if HG2 gets going by Spring it would be done July at the latest, so that August start is possible. I would say Fassbender's situation is key, possibly doing Noah in July would cause a 2014 release. If he is not doing Noah then a July start is possible.

Old 02-07-2012, 10:51 PM   #112
Project862006
Banned User

fassbender is'nt doing noah they are going after russell crowe

Old 02-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #113
Majik1387

I know Rebecca Romijn was nude in the X-Films, but not sure where that means Jennifer's take would be the same.

Old 02-08-2012, 01:51 AM   #114
Project862006
Banned User

she better ................for artistic purposes you know

Old 02-08-2012, 01:55 AM   #115
Majik1387

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just had her start rocking black or white leather/latex sleeveless catsuits.

Old 02-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #116
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
fassbender is'nt doing noah they are going after russell crowe
It all depends on 12 Years a Slave. He could have a smaller role. You're right on that.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:21 AM   #117
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

I feel a tad bit embarrassed to say this but I liked Jennifer Lawrence's performance as Mystique better than Rebecca Romijn. I think maybe the writing for the character had something to do with it in that Raven was treated as just a BOOBIES!! type character. I mean in most of the X-Men films Mystique really wasn't given very many lines nor much character development.

- I take growing my hair extremely long for charity VERY seriously. Think of the children!

STOP THE INSANITY!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Understanding me:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...usaolp00000592
Old 02-09-2012, 04:09 AM   #118
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Since The Wolverine is coming out in 2013. This one should come out in 2015. 2014 would be too early and a 1-year gap for X-movies wouldn't be good because the casual viewers would get tired of it.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #119
Majik1387

Casual viewers never get tired of good movies. Hell half the time they don't get tired of bad movies.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:27 AM   #120
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Don't you think casual viewers wouldn't get a movie fatigue with two X-Men movies coming out in just 2 years?

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-09-2012, 04:52 AM   #121
BMM
Side-Kick

No, especially since the two are completely different.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:04 AM   #122
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^Agreed, I think an FC2 coming out a year after The Wolverine wouldnt effect anyones thinking in terms of getting tired of the characters. As far we know, TW is all about the titular character and no other X-Men characters will be involved except possibly Sabretooth.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 02-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #123
Thebumwhowalks
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they just had her start rocking black or white leather/latex sleeveless catsuits.
Aye, they play pretty fast and loose with the rules regarding her shapeshifting, at the end she was in her X-Men uniform, yet had her shape-shift over them, as if she wasn't wearing any.
I always thought they had RRS's character walk around in the nude, because she'd have to take her clothes off every time she shape-shifted, and, like Magneto said, if she has to shape shift all the time, to wear clothes even, then half her concentration is gone.
Maybe BS had that rule, but they disregarded it in XMFC.

Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 AM   #124
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post
Aye, they play pretty fast and loose with the rules regarding her shapeshifting, at the end she was in her X-Men uniform, yet had her shape-shift over them, as if she wasn't wearing any.
I always thought they had RRS's character walk around in the nude, because she'd have to take her clothes off every time she shape-shifted, and, like Magneto said, if she has to shape shift all the time, to wear clothes even, then half her concentration is gone.
I never even thought of that! Good catch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Don't you think casual viewers wouldn't get a movie fatigue with two X-Men movies coming out in just 2 years?
Just look at the The Avengers for a comparison. Both Thor and Captain America came out last year and The Avengers is one of the most anticipated movies of the year.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:59 AM   #125
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebumwhowalks View Post
Actually, its shown in FC at the end that she morphed the X-uniform over herself. Other times in the movie when she changed her clothes stayed the same unless naked. But notice at the end when Magneto sends the X-Members flying back when fighting Charles Mystique is the only one that doesnt fly back. This implies her jump-suit and the metal in them was morphed rather than a real one. So no, it didnt break the rules in XMFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I never even thought of that! Good catch!

Just look at the The Avengers for a comparison. Both Thor and Captain America came out last year and The Avengers is one of the most anticipated movies of the year.
Exactly, if anything TW will stoke the fires for FC2.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
Closed Thread