The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 04:01 AM   #776
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

didn't know it would do that but try this instead then http://senitype.com/search.php?q=avengers

Old 02-10-2012, 04:02 AM   #777
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
You're new here Dooz, but you just posted a link to the website that shall not be named. It's kinda taboo around here.
yea i kinda figured that out haha my bad but yea i posted a different site instead

Old 02-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #778
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Well I left out Thor since he's busy savin' Cap's ass down on street level.

Personally, I reckon Hulk will take out the Leviathan.
I think that's going to be a team effort, imagine Iron Man blasting it with several missiles, Hawkeye shooting trick arrows, BW and Cap using Quinjet, Thor striking it with multiple lightning bolts, and Hulk finishing it off with a large object.

That will probably go down as one of the most epic scenes in action film history, especially in my books.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #779
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I'm still going with Badoon for the aliens we see in the trailer. Also, as Marvel Freshman pointed out earlier, you can see some sort of tether attached to the aliens jumping off the ship/Leviathan tail. They almost seem like tentacles.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #780
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
When Mar-Vell first came to Earth he did hang out in disguise for quite a while, only revealing himself when danger threatened. Back in the day he was undercover as a NASA scientist. Making him a SHIELD agent would be reasonable, if that's the route they're going.
I really like Captain Marvel, but I doubt he is in the movie. For starters they have said there is no Kree or Skrulls in the movie. Secondly the aliens / creatures in the trailer and spots don't seem to look like either race, at least to me. However, when reading your post the part about Mar-Vell being a NASA scientist stood out to me, because I think there was a part in the Avengers movie where they actually filmed at NASA. So, you never know.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 02-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #781
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Powered_God View Post
So now Coulson is Mar-Vell?
I know I love speculating. I think first we had Coulson as a Skrull and now he is Mar-Vell. Lol!

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 02-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #782
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

I got an email from someone some time last year that said that Kevin Pennington could/would play Coulson's son, Wendell Vaughn. And that they both had different cosmic identities. But this person who emailed said Marvel scrapped this idea for now, however, it could go through in sequels....all leading up to the Kree-Skrull war (despite what Feige said). And Pennington had chosen a different movie, but could be available for the sequel and potentially a spin-off (The Inhumans? Guardians Of the Galaxy?)

That was the 2nd time I was told this from someone else BTW.

I wasn't sure how legit it was, and I didn't want the source to "supposedly" lose his job, so I didn't post it on CBM. However, more recently, in the midst of being sued by Marvel for other reasons, I shared the info from that email with a Marvel rep who saved my ass, and he made it obvious that it was true, thanking me for not running an article on it as a lot of spoilers had been unveiling lately...following the script leak. (they watch me on CBM). Oddly he asked me if I knew Kevin (of Latino Review) 's source of info. Of course, I don't, but if you needed more proof about the Thanos rumor, there ya go.

So, what I'm thinking is that the cosmic identity thing is there, it just won't be explored much in the first movie; being saved for another time.

Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #783
Surfer

Quote:
So here are my current thoughts on the Loki's army thing...

Originally, one of the pieces of info we had was that there would be several different main aliens, all with different personalities, and Tom Hiddlestons comment about Loki making some shady 'deals' (note the plural on deals) with various gangsters (note the plural on gangsters :P) of the 9 realms.

Yet this trailer has shown an army or squad of a race all looking very similar.

My current theory is that the army is actually comprised of several different races (and I DO believe those aliens to be Dark Elves as one of them), with these aliens with different 'personalities' being the various generals or leaders of the particular races. I also think the deals may be Loki promising them provinces or countries of earth, with his intent to be the King or overlord of earth.

That's just my theory so far. That and he may have promised Thanos the cosmic cube or something (although knowing Loki, he has no plan to honour that deal)
Agreed, with most of what you said. Still not sure about the Dark Elves, but I think that it is one of the more likely possibilities. As for Thanos, I love this character and would really enjoy seeing him, but at the same time I don't want so much going on in the movie with appearances that it just seems like they threw stuff in to please fans. Also, Thanos is one of the best villians available to Marvel (especially since many of their properties are with Fox and Sony), so I would really like him to get the attention he deserves in a movie instead of just playing second string to another character. Anyways, just my thoughts.

Surfer

Old 02-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #784
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
I got an email from someone some time last year that said that Kevin Pennington could/would play Coulson's son, Wendell Vaughn. And that they both had different cosmic identities. But this person who emailed said Marvel scrapped this idea for now, however, it could go through in sequels....all leading up to the Kree-Skrull war (despite what Feige said). And Pennington had chosen a different movie, but could be available for the sequel and potentially a spin-off (The Inhumans? Guardians Of the Galaxy?)

I wasn't sure how legit it was, and I didn't want the source to "supposedly" lose his job, so I didn't post it on CBM. However, more recently, in the midst of being sued by Marvel for other reasons, I shared the info from that email with a Marvel rep who saved my ass, and he made it obvious that it was true, thanking me for not running an article on it as a lot of spoilers had been unveiling lately...following the script leak. (they watch me on CBM). Oddly he asked me if I knew Kevin (of Latino Review) 's source of info. Of course, I don't, but if you needed more proof about the Thanos rumor, there ya go.

So, what I'm thinking is that the cosmic identity thing is there, it just won't be explored much in the first movie; being saved for another time.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Surfer

Old 02-10-2012, 10:05 AM   #785
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
Agreed, with most of what you said. Still not sure about the Dark Elves, but I think that it is one of the more likely possibilities. As for Thanos, I love this character and would really enjoy seeing him, but at the same time I don't want so much going on in the movie with appearances that it just seems like they threw stuff in to please fans. Also, Thanos is one of the best villians available to Marvel (especially since many of their properties are with Fox and Sony), so I would really like him to get the attention he deserves in a movie instead of just playing second string to another character. Anyways, just my thoughts.

Surfer
I still stay strong to my belief that Thanos is in it. I think it will be a cameo though, to lead into possibly another film, or a sequel

Old 02-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #786
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

@Surfer,

Yeah, I would expect Thanos to be a character ramped up for the sequel. He may well not appear, but there is no reason we can't have a General say to Loki "Lord Thanos will not be please that you have dishonoured our agreement" or something like that.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #787
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Also, I forgot to mention that the cosmic secret identity bit was not the reason the original emailer emailed me. He actually wanted me to promote a back-then upcoming event on CBM, to get feedback from fanboys on the idea an Avengers-less event. It was the S.H.I.E.L.D. event that took place at many conventions.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:26 AM   #788
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I think the main reason Marvel is so secretive about the army is that its really the only secret they have left.
The biggest enemy of this movie is not its competition.
It is our expectations .
If its just The Avengers Vs.Loki and some mishmash army,I dont care .
IT IS STILL AN AVENGERS MOVIE!
Lets keep our eyes on the TRUE prize .
The film itself.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:33 AM   #789
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I still stay strong to my belief that Thanos is in it. I think it will be a cameo though, to lead into possibly another film, or a sequel
I think if Thanos is in the movie I would rather he play a more major role then just a cameo appearance. If he is one of Loki's gangsters of the 9 realms. I would rather the deal with Thanos as a leader of his army be more special then lets say the Dark Elf leader. I want to see Thanos gain Loki's trust and become an advisor to Loki, and for Loki to be so completely consumed with power and the belief that he has manipulated all of these races into doing his bidding, that he is totally oblivious to the fact that his most trusted associate (Thanos) has plans of ruling all of his own. So, I want to see Thanos gain that trust and I want to see Loki get stabbed in the back when he is feeling his most powerful. Only then would I feel like audiences could begin to understand Thanos as a character. However, something like this is very unlikely, because we know they all have to go back to their individual films. So, unless Thanos grabs lets say the cosmic cube and then does like a dimensional warp (like see ya), I just don't see it happening. Although, that is the type of treatment I would like Thanos to get.

Surfer

Old 02-10-2012, 10:35 AM   #790
marcvader
Lurker #1

I feel Lokis army will be just that and go nameless.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 AM   #791
Surfer

Quote:
@Surfer,

Yeah, I would expect Thanos to be a character ramped up for the sequel. He may well not appear, but there is no reason we can't have a General say to Loki "Lord Thanos will not be please that you have dishonoured our agreement" or something like that.
I think that might be a better route (to have mention of him), because otherwise I don't know if a cameo would be enough. I suppose everything is subjective though and it really depends on how it is done.

Surfer

Old 02-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #792
The Morningstar
Banned User

If Thanos is in the movie then I picture him as more of a benefactor to Loki. Loki thinks he is manipulating Thanos and using his resources, but Thanos has plans of his own.

Could explain why Loki is with Thor at the end. Thanos betrays Loki, then Loki sides with his brother and the Avengers in the finale.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #793
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Fascinating stuff!
Even if it doesn't all pan out as rumored, it's beginning to sound a lot more like Coulson is a man with many secrets, some of which may be revealed in Avengers.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #794
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
If Thanos is in the movie then I picture him as more of a benefactor to Loki. Loki thinks he is manipulating Thanos and using his resources, but Thanos has plans of his own.

Could explain why Loki is with Thor at the end. Thanos betrays Loki, then Loki sides with his brother and the Avengers in the finale.
This is what I've always thought. I also believe Loki's failure will prompt Thanos reason for coming to Earth in a sequel.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 AM   #795
The Morningstar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
This is what I've always thought. I also believe Loki's failure will prompt Thanos reason for coming to Earth in a sequel.
Indeed.

Or a whole other theory i had was that Loki's use of the Cosmic Cube and the gathering of this massive invasion army could get Thanos' attention. He has got "cosmic awareness". Perhaps he actually senses the events of Avengers from across the cosmos, prompting him to come to Earth for Avengers 2. Or maybe even Thor 2.

Old 02-10-2012, 10:53 AM   #796
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
I can see that happening, because in a movie like this where there so many characters on the screen, there will be little time to really develop an identity for the invaders, especially if there are more than one factions of them. I think the audience can understand if we just have a scene where Loki negotiating with their leader on the terms of the attack, so they will at least gain some understanding about them and not merely see them as CGI creatures waiting to be blown up by the Avengers.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 02-10-2012, 10:58 AM   #797
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Thanks for posting this. It's extremely intriguing.

Wendell Vaughn/Quasar has always been a very interesting character in that he served as a bridge between SHIELD/Earth and Cosmic Marvel. Also, his powers are formidable and would translate very well to the big screen. He needs to be introduced at some point and it would be perfect to tie him to a character already on the canvas. Coulson as Captain Marvel would be an excellent bonus. I'm all for characters having hidden layers that are revealed over time. That would be a doozy.

Do you think that this is what Clark Gregg was referring to when he said "...more layers to Coulson's world/powers [will be] revealed"? He would know about plans for Coulson, one assumes. And revealing Coulson's "powers" could be something as simple as a seemingly throwaway scene that gives a tiny glimpse of something hidden in his nature. The GA might not pick up on it but comics fans would be all over it.

Old 02-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #798
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post

That is more or less what I said above, but do you think that this could be done with a cameo of Thanos or do you think it would rely more on him being a larger part of the movie. For me betrayal requires character developement otherwise you don't get the impact, which is why I want to see Thanos gain Loki's trust and become almost an advisor position and then when Loki is feeling most powerful and in control, Thanos (with an overwhelming lust for power) seizes the cube from him. Leading Loki to ally himself with the Avengers and perhaps driving Thanos off temporarilly for a sequel. As for the Infinity Gauntlet perhaps with the power of the Cube he becomes aware of powers beyond that of what he currently possesses, and in an Avengers sequel uses the cube to attack Asgard and gain possession of the Infinity Gauntlet. I don't know just some thoughts.

Surfer

Last edited by Surfer; 02-10-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #799
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Thanks for posting this. It's extremely intriguing.

Wendell Vaughn/Quasar has always been a very interesting character in that he served as a bridge between SHIELD/Earth and Cosmic Marvel. Also, his powers are formidable and would translate very well to the big screen. He needs to be introduced at some point and it would be perfect to tie him to a character already on the canvas. Coulson as Captain Marvel would be an excellent bonus. I'm all for characters having hidden layers that are revealed over time. That would be a doozy.

Do you think that this is what Clark Gregg was referring to when he said "...more layers to Coulson's world/powers [will be] revealed"? He would know about plans for Coulson, one assumes. And revealing Coulson's "powers" could be something as simple as a seemingly throwaway scene that gives a tiny glimpse of something hidden in his nature. The GA might not pick up on it but comics fans would be all over it.
The only thing about that is that if he is involved it could suggest a Kree / Skrull war as a sequel, and I am not sure how I would feel about this since it might seem to similar to this one being an alien invasion movie of sorts. I would rather the sequel have an entirely different direction (although connected) from the original movie.

Surfer

Old 02-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #800
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Marvel hasn't done that with a single villain though in any of their movies. They've all been from the comics.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Closed Thread