The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 05:02 AM   #51
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
The Superbowl spot was awesome for what it was, but it hardly compares to a full length trailer that shows more than random money shots.
I enjoyed it more than the entire 2:00 minutes and something seconds of an unnamed superhero movie coming out this year. Like a good deal more.

Fluidly edited & far more effective in getting its message across.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-11-2012, 05:02 AM   #52
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor
The Superbowl spot was awesome for what it was, but it hardly compares to a full length trailer that shows more than random money shots.
We've already had a full length trailer. After that came out, the exact same thing happened. And when the Avengers comes out, a week after that everyone will be more excited about the next Marvel movies than the one they just saw.

Seriously, fans waste so much energy getting excited over things to come rather than the brilliant things that are already in front of them.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #53
Jordanstine
Side-Kick

Thanks for those who support me and those who PM-ed with questions, I appreciate it. Feel free to keep sending me questions via PM and I’ll try and get them answered.

For those that still do not believe me after everything I’ve said, oh well, you’ll see it come May anyway. Heck I’ll make it easier for you so you can dig this little timeline up or go through my posting history here in SHH. I'll even attach the link to my sig for accessible viewing.

Dates in RED are what the studios said.

December 6, 2011

My 1st spoiler:

(Film's intro, order of Avengers recruit, battles, aliens, snake creature, run time, etc).

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post22005935

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
- Movie begins with prologue narrated by a female S.H.I.E.L.D. agent (Maria Hill or Sharon Carter perhaps) weaving together all the Marvel Universe films

- Film shows how S.H.I.E.L.D. discovers Captain America’s frozen body, along with the Cosmic Cube

- Captain America is literally the 1st Avenger recruited (which follows the Ultimates animated film’s storyline)

- Hulk is the last Avenger on S.H.I.E.L.D.’s radar

- Iron Man gets into fights with everyone including a fight with Captain America (a little homage to Civil War)

- There is a big and lengthy 3-man super battle.

- Yes comic book fans, we will see Thor vs Hulk – Merry Christmas!

- The “aliens” are described like beast warriors although the CG’s weren’t finished, but they growl and are wearing masks including “metallic and robotic-like armor”

- There are also “giant snake-like creatures” - yes with an “s” as in more than 1 creature

- Pre-screened ending did not reveal any cameo i.e. secret villain; if there is indeed some sort of secret cameo, unless a new ending has been shot, it will be in the after credits / post-credits scene (which was not shown)

- Rough cut of the movie ran close to about 2 and ˝ hours (and that was without any post-credit scenes)

Follow up regarding the aliens:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post22006163

The words Skrull doesn't sound familiar. Don't think they were called it at all. Aliens were more like metallic beast-like warriors.

December 11, 2011

Follow up to a question someone asked me:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post22060325

Questions:
1. Iron Man fighting everyone means he fights Black Widow and Hawkeye as well as Hulk, Thor, and Cap?

2. Who are the three characters involved in the lengthy super battle

3. Was the Thor vs Hulk fight one-sided or was it fairly even?

4. Last but not least was the Thor vs Hulk fight a one on one fight or was it more like the Avengers vs Hulk?

Answers:

1) Only spoke to the person (guess I can only it my source, ha) just once, but he/she didn't elaborate, just says Iron Man gets into fight with Captain America.

2) I honestly don't want to spoil you verbatim, but it's the "BIG 3" wink-wink.

3) Didn't elaborate.

4) Hulk vs Thor mano-a-mano

December 29, 2011

Source kills rumors that Red Skull, Thanos are in the main film, and the aliens being called The Redacted:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post22206365

#1 - Thanos is NOT in the main movie. If he does appear it will be a light cameo and it will have to be after the credits because he wasn't in the main film at all.

#2 - No "Redacted" aliens.

#3 - Red Skull is NOT in the movie. Same as Thanos story above.

#4 - Loki never joins the Avengers.

#5 - The "Leviathan" are serpent(s) yes, there are more than 1.

December 30, 2011

Still trying to convince unbelievers in SHH that Thanos and Red Skull are not in the main movie:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post22211941

Again, Red Skull is NOT in the main movie.

If he or Thanos are somehow in the film (as I mentioned all the way back on 12/6) it will be a cameo and likely be a post credit scene.

January 23, 2012

Kevin Feige killing Red Skull is not in the movie, also denies Skrulls being in the film:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00047184.html

January 30, 2012

Source kills rumors that Spider-Man is in the main movie:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post22404915

NO SPIDER-MAN in the Avengers; at least NOT int he MAIN film.

I'm sure most of you guys didn't believe this rumor in the 1st place like the old Captain America TFA rumor about Namor appearing.

Spoke to the same person today and said person said there were no signs of Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield, or even Tobey Maguire in the film, none whatsoever.

February 2, 2012

Joss Whedon kills Spider-Man rumors in Avengers

http://www.movieweb.com/news/joss-wh...ider-man-rumor

February 8, 2012

My source implying that Kevin Feige may not be telling full picture regarding Skrull/Kree

(As you can see the pattern before was that my source would deny these rumors, and then days or weeks later, the studio would kill it later. But this was the first time my source was actually going against what the producer was saying):

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post22468107

We all know Kevin Feige denied that the aliens were Skrulls or Kree.

However, I was able to chat with my source again and showed said person a screenshot of the aliens from the Superbowl commercial. But aside from the aliens, something random came up between our conversation that took me by surprise and literally made my jaw drop.

Here is that transcript (edited to protect the names):

(11:20:01 PM) ME: quick question http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content...gers-movie.jpg were these the same aliens? Are they even Aliens?
(11:20:25 PM) SOURCE: that looks like em.... like i said they were mostly men in green wearing metal masks
(11:20:31 PM) SOURCE: mostly in greeen b/c they were still editing it....
(11:20:36 PM) ME: [IMG]file:///C:/Users/August/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
(11:20:40 PM) SOURCE: :-X
(11:20:43 PM) ME: fine u win
(11:20:51 PM) SOURCE: ;-)
(11:20:56 PM) ME: ur mean
(11:21:00 PM) ME: j/k i luv u for the info
(11:22:05 PM) SOURCE: i know i'm terrible
(11:22:11 PM) ME: last question?
(11:22:12 PM) ME: pls
(11:22:14 PM) ME: prty pls?
(11:22:22 PM) ME: last question are they Aliens? or just something else?
(11:22:27 PM) ME: thats it promise
(11:22:33 PM) SOURCE: :-X
(11:22:40 PM) ME: cmon!
(11:22:41 PM) ME: pls
(11:22:49 PM) SOURCE: I cant remember what my friend said they were
(11:22:56 PM) ME: skrulls
(11:22:01 PM) ME: did ur friend say skrull
(11:23:07 PM) SOURCE: sounds familiar
(11:23:12 PM) ME: Skrull?
(11:23:20 PM) ME: sure u just didnt hear it from me?
(11:23:28 PM) ME: did ur friend really say skrull
(11:23:29 PM) ME: ?
(11:23:40 PM) ME: But these aliens are blue, could it be Kree?
(11:23:51 PM) ME: btw the producer already denied them being skrull/kree so just deny it too
(11:23:58 PM) SOURCE: :-X
(11:24:22 PM) ME: so they could possibly be the Redacted or shiar?
(11:24:33 PM) SOURCE: I already told you their not either of those
(11:24:40 PM) ME: Aha!
(11:24:46 PM) ME: you denied these….
(11:25:00 PM) ME: but you wouldn’t deny if they were skrulls or kree, meaning they ARE skrulls/kree!
(11:25:01 PM) ME:
(11:25:12 PM) SOURCE: who says they have to be called that?
(11:25:23 PM) SOURCE: honestly i myself dont remember hearing what they were specificly called
(11:25:34 PM) ME: wait, so your still NOT denying it? could the producer be lying?
(11:25:39 PM) SOURCE: no more chatting about the avengers until you see it
(11:25:51 PM) ME: ur info’s driving me crazy
(11:26:09 PM) ME: have you heard of a badoon?
(11:26:17 PM) SOURCE: a what
(11:26:26 PM) ME: nevermind
(11:26:57 PM) ME: u win i give up
(11:27:20 PM) ME: btw this is the same friend u said who knows comics and got u the entry right
(11:27:21 PM) ME: ?
(11:27:31 PM) SOURCE: who else do u think
(11:27:36 PM) ME: :/
(11:27:38 PM) ME: asdfjkl;
(11:27:58 PM) ME: can u give me a small hint about anything else, it doesn’t have to be bout aliens
(11:28:07 PM) ME: just could be about the movie in general
(11:28:12 PM) ME: prty pls/?
(11:28:24 PM) ME: fine
(11:31:36 PM) ME: yawn
(11:31:48 PM) ME: tired, stretchy time
(11:32:10 PM) SOURCE: do you know capt marvel
(11:32:21 PM) ME: holy what
(11:32:25 PM) ME: u didnt
(11:32:32 PM) ME: holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(11:32:40 PM) ME: yes i do know Captain Marvel
(11:32:51 PM) ME: what about him ?
(11:32:59 PM) ME: what!/
(11:33:02 PM) ME: what?
(11:33:28 PM) ME: this guy right? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__VDRjVUsO2...rvel_super.jpg
(11:33:38 PM) ME: you can t leave me hanging
(11:34:01 PM) ME: cmon ---
(11:34:13 PM) ME: is he in the movie?
(11:34:38 PM) ME: is he? pls? pls? PLS?
(11:34:57 PM) SOURCE: no he’s not
(11:35:11 PM) SOURCE: just nevermind its nothing really
(11:35:21 PM) ME: nothing!!!/?/
(11:35:34 PM) ME: why would u bring ugp Capt Marvel if ti was nothing?
(11:35:46 PM) ME: thats so random
(11:35:55 PM) ME: a cameo?
(11:36:06 PM) ME: reference?

(11:36:41 PM) ME: i guess that was more than i could ask for
(11:36:52 PM) ME: grateful for all ur info
(11:36:59 PM) SOURCE: [IMG]file:///C:/Users/August/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
(11:41:02 PM) ME: someone’s back
(11:41:11 PM) SOURCE: [IMG]file:///C:/Users/August/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
(11:41:26 PM) ME: that was some random bombshell
(11:41:46 PM) ME: now i really wish Marvel is truly capitalizing on Captain Marvel like DC has theirs
(11:41:58 PM) ME: whos doing the marketing @Marvel?
(11:42:02 PM) ME: idiots
(11:42:13 PM) ME: his name brand alone is a gold mine
(11:42:33 PM) ME: Marvel has its own legit Superman w/ their own brand name but dont use it
(11:42:50 PM) ME: *** MARVEL STUDIOS presents CAPTAIN MARVEL ***
(11:42:56 PM) ME: bEAUTIFUL
(11:43:02 PM) ME: Do it Disney!!!
(11:43:17 PM) ME: they should have him appear in Avengers first, then make him his own movie
(11:43:48 PM) ME: still there?
(11:44:00 PM) ME:
(11:44:10 PM) SOURCE: he is not in the mvoie, but thats just what hw said
(11:44:18 PM) ME: what said?
(11:44:26 PM) ME: oh ur skrull friend said?
(11:44:35 PM) ME: no cap marv cameo
(11:44:42 PM) ME: more just like a reference then?
(11:44:55 PM) ME: or is ur friend saying the aliens are same race as Cap marvel?
(11:44:56 PM) SOURCE: idk about ref
(11:45:07 PM) ME: confused…
(11:45:15 PM) SOURCE: the film is much bigger than it looks
(11:45:27 PM) ME: so your friend is saying Cap Marvel may possibly b in future movies?
(11:45:38 PM) SOURCE: i have NO CLUE
(11:46:05 PM) ME: can u explain the “bigger than it looks”
(11:46:19 PM) ME: does that have to do with how it ends?
(11:46:56 PM) ME: have you seen Back to the future?
(11:47:12 PM) SOURCE: [IMG]file:///C:/Users/August/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.gif[/IMG]
(11:47:45 PM) ME: ok metaphor, does the film end more like Back/Future 1 more so than Back/Future part 2?
(11:48:09 PM) SOURCE: good one
(11:48:17 PM) SOURCE: thats enough. IM done. no more for real

RE: The Back to the Future reference - in our previous conversions, my source told me they were not shown any post-credit scene during the prescreening and that the prescreened film actually had a definitive ending - meaning it’s more like Back to the Future 1 where the main story closes, but there are still a lot of possibilities to explore… rather than an ending like Back to the Future 2 where the main story never finishes and basically continues on to kick start part 3. If you’ve seen the BTF movies you would understand.

Said source was not a big comic book person, didn’t even really heard of Thor until his movie came out. But for some reason threw out a name that only someone who reads comic books should know.

My source just mentioned and then denied Captain Marvel on the same day, but I’m still not sure why he was even mentioned. My source said that his/her friend in our conversation knows more about the comics than they do, and this friend seemed to be the one that mentioned Captain Marvel to my source.

My guess is that the alien race may be tied to Captain Marvel in some way, either be it the same race or an alien race that has a big role in the Captain Marvel universe?

I know Kevin Feige already denied the Skrull/Kree but the fact that my source did not deny it, yet denied other alien races like the Redacted or Shiar makes me think otherwise.

Speaking of which, I also think I may have killed any notion of the Badoons either.

And regarding the Leviathan, as seen in my Dec. 6th post, there's actually more than 1 giant snake creatures that the Avengers have to face.

Again, I stand by everything I posted since I trust my source 100%.

Continuation of my source’s conversation implying mixed Alien races:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post22480777

I got a more deeper meaning as what those creatures are though. I will try and see if I can post a line of our conversation after I take off our names
(10:32:04 PM) SOURCE: I mentioned him [Captain Marvel] wondering if u knew who he was (10:32:10 PM) SOURCE: wait
(10:32:18 PM) ME: ok

(10:33:09 PM) SOURCE: im going to try n explain as best ican since i only started knowing about the comics after watching avengers and thor but this is how u have to look at it
(10:33:18 PM) SOURCE: they arenot 1 dimension
(10:33:24 PM) SOURCE: wait
(10:33:33 PM) ME: np
(10:34:31 PM) SOURCE: what maybe ‘creatur’ A is not just ‘creature A cause there are diff parts to him just like here you have different kinds of ppl, they are white, black, asian, but then some whites could have a qtr asian in them, do u still call him ‘white’?
(10:35:06 PM) SOURCE: im not exactly sure if im explaining it right, but thats all im going to say abou tthis topic

February 10, 2012

Skrulls figures spotted:

http://idlehands1.blogspot.com/2012/...ers-movie.html

February 11, 2012

Some more info including debunking Atlanteans, and how many "giant snake like creatures" the Avengers will be facing:

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...=#post22485777

Questions from both SHH and CBR (I'm a regular poster there too same username):

===

Q: Someone said they could be Atlanteans, is this true? There are a lot of Namor rumors and the map in Nick Fury's office shows Atlantis or something.

A: New info - No, they aren't Atlanteans, nor are they any kind of people from the sea. There are some battles taking place over and under the water. But still, they are not sea people.

===

Q: Are they even aliens?

A: Here's a tell - my source does not deny it, but will deny anything else NOT true, hence it is true. Oh and me source did say the "Portal opens up from Space."

===

Q: What do you get out of these fake rumors?

A: The satisfaction of knowing I'm right and you'll have to wait 3 long months only to find out I've been right come May.

===

Q: Jormugandr what?

A: New info - I first brought the news that there maybe more than one of these creatures in the film. I now have confirmation the Avengers are battling exactly 2 of them.

The snake like creature, aka Leviathan, aka Promethius in the film. The picture I posted of Jormugandr aka the Midgard Serpent, the snake form (apparently he has a dragon form too) is just an assumption on my part since it's the only thing I could find to what connects this kind of being with Loki (again that's just me speculating), although my source says they are more "worm-like" with metallic armored skin. Apparently no snake's snout either.

===

Q: What else does your source know besides aliens?

A: Read my posts starting on December 6th, no really, don't wanna keep repeating myself, but just go through my post history and read it. Just check my sig.

===

Last edited by Jordanstine; 02-15-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:15 AM   #54
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanstine View Post
Thanks for those who support me and those who PM-ed with questions, I appreciate it. Feel free to keep sending me questions via PM and I’ll try and get them answered.

For those that still do not believe me after everything I’ve said, oh well, you’ll see it come May anyway. Heck I’ll make it easier for you so you can dig this little timeline up or go through my posting history here in SHH. I'll even attach the link to my sig for accessible viewing.

December 26, 2011

My 1st spoiler:

(Film's intro, order of Avengers recruit, battles, aliens, snake creature, run time, etc).

- Movie begins with prologue narrated by a female S.H.I.E.L.D. agent (Maria Hill or Sharon Carter perhaps) weaving together all the Marvel Universe films

- Film shows how S.H.I.E.L.D. discovers Captain America’s frozen body, along with the Cosmic Cube

- Captain America is literally the 1st Avenger recruited (which follows the Ultimates animated film’s storyline)

- Iron Man gets into fights with everyone including a fight with Captain America (a little homage to Civil War)

- The “aliens” are described like beast warriors although the CG’s weren’t finished, but they growl and are wearing masks including “metallic and robotic-like armor”

- There are also “giant snake-like creatures” - yes with an “s” as in more than 1 giant snake-like creature

- Pre-screened ending did not reveal any cameo i.e. secret villain; if there is indeed some sort of secret cameo, unless a new ending has been shot, it will be in the after credits / post-credits scene (which was not shown)

- Rough cut of the movie ran close to about 2 and ˝ hours (and that was without any post-credit scenes)

The words Skrull doesn't sound familiar. Don't think they were called it at all. Aliens were more like metallic beast-like warriors.

December 11, 2011

Questions:
1. Iron Man fighting everyone means he fights Black Widow and Hawkeye as well as Hulk, Thor, and Cap?

4. Last but not least was the Thor vs Hulk fight a one on one fight or was it more like the Avengers vs Hulk?

Answers:
1) Only spoke to the person (guess I can only it my source, ha) just once, but he/she didn't elaborate, just says Iron Man gets into fight with Captain America.

3) Didn't elaborate.

December 29, 2011

Source kills rumors that Red Skull, Thanos are in the main film, and the aliens being called The Redacted:

#1 - Thanos is NOT in the main movie. If he does appear it will be a light cameo and it will have to be after the credits because he wasn't in the main film at all.

December 30, 2011

Still trying to convince unbelievers in SHH that Thanos and Red Skull are not in the main movie:

If he or Thanos are somehow in the film (as I mentioned all the way back on 12/6) it will be a cameo and likely be a post credit scene.

January 23, 2012

Kevin Feige killing Red Skull is not in the movie, also denies Skrulls being in the film:

January 30, 2012

I'm sure most of you guys didn't believe this rumor in the 1st place like the old Captain America TFA rumor about Namor appearing.

Spoke to the same person today and said person said there were no signs of Spider-Man, Andrew Garfield, or even Tobey Maguire in the film, none whatsoever.

February 2, 2012

February 8, 2012

My source implying that Kevin Feige may not be telling full picture regarding Skrull/Kree

(As you can see the pattern before was that my source would deny these rumors, and then days or weeks later, the studio would kill it later. But this was the first time my source was actually going against what the producer was saying):

However, I was able to chat with my source again and showed said person a screenshot of the aliens from the Superbowl commercial. But aside from the aliens, something random came up between our conversation that took me by surprise and literally made my jaw drop.

(11:20:01 PM) ME: quick question http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content...gers-movie.jpg were these the same aliens? Are they even Aliens?
(11:20:25 PM) SOURCE: that looks like em.... like i said they were mostly men in green wearing metal masks
(11:20:36 PM) ME: [IMG]file:///C:/Users/August/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
(11:23:51 PM) ME: btw the producer already denied them being skrull/kree so just deny it too
(11:25:00 PM) ME: but you wouldn’t deny if they were skrulls or kree, meaning they ARE skrulls/kree!
(11:25:23 PM) SOURCE: honestly i myself dont remember hearing what they were specificly called
(11:25:34 PM) ME: wait, so your still NOT denying it? could the producer be lying?
(11:27:20 PM) ME: btw this is the same friend u said who knows comics and got u the entry right
(11:27:58 PM) ME: can u give me a small hint about anything else, it doesn’t have to be bout aliens
(11:33:28 PM) ME: this guy right? http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__VDRjVUsO2...rvel_super.jpg

(11:36:59 PM) SOURCE: [IMG]file:///C:/Users/August/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]
(11:41:11 PM) SOURCE: [IMG]file:///C:/Users/August/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image002.gif[/IMG]
(11:41:46 PM) ME: now i really wish Marvel is truly capitalizing on Captain Marvel like DC has theirs
(11:42:33 PM) ME: Marvel has its own legit Superman w/ their own brand name but dont use it
(11:43:17 PM) ME: they should have him appear in Avengers first, then make him his own movie
(11:44:55 PM) ME: or is ur friend saying the aliens are same race as Cap marvel?
(11:45:27 PM) ME: so your friend is saying Cap Marvel may possibly b in future movies?
(11:47:12 PM) SOURCE: [IMG]file:///C:/Users/August/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image003.gif[/IMG]
(11:47:45 PM) ME: ok metaphor, does the film end more like Back/Future 1 more so than Back/Future part 2?

RE: The Back to the Future reference - in our previous conversions, my source told me they were not shown any post-credit scene during the prescreening and that the prescreened film actually had a definitive ending - meaning it’s more like Back to the Future 1 where the main story closes, but there are still a lot of possibilities to explore… rather than an ending like Back to the Future 2 where the main story never finishes and basically continues on to kick start part 3. If you’ve seen the BTF movies you would understand.

Said source was not a big comic book person, didn’t even really heard of Thor until his movie came out. But for some reason threw out a name that only someone who reads comic books should know.

My source just mentioned and then denied Captain Marvel on the same day, but I’m still not sure why he was even mentioned. My source said that his/her friend in our conversation knows more about the comics than they do, and this friend seemed to be the one that mentioned Captain Marvel to my source.

My guess is that the alien race may be tied to Captain Marvel in some way, either be it the same race or an alien race that has a big role in the Captain Marvel universe?

I know Kevin Feige already denied the Skrull/Kree but the fact that my source did not deny it, yet denied other alien races like the Redacted or Shiar makes me think otherwise.

Speaking of which, I also think I may have killed any notion of the Badoons either.

And regarding the Leviathan, as seen in my Dec. 6th post, there's actually more than 1 giant snake creatures that the Avengers have to face.

I got a more deeper meaning as what those creatures are though. I will try and see if I can post a line of our conversation after I take off our names
(10:32:04 PM) SOURCE: I mentioned him [Captain Marvel] wondering if u knew who he was (10:32:10 PM) SOURCE: wait

(10:33:09 PM) SOURCE: im going to try n explain as best ican since i only started knowing about the comics after watching avengers and thor but this is how u have to look at it
(10:34:31 PM) SOURCE: what maybe ‘creatur’ A is not just ‘creature A cause there are diff parts to him just like here you have different kinds of ppl, they are white, black, asian, but then some whites could have a qtr asian in them, do u still call him ‘white’?
(10:35:06 PM) SOURCE: im not exactly sure if im explaining it right, but thats all im going to say abou tthis topic

February 10, 2012

Skrulls figures spotted:

Sounds cool; thanks!!!

Things that I'm hoping to see; like Wolvie mentioned are:

1. I hope that Loki's army has some distinguished generals/lieutenants representing their respective species so that his army doesn't come off as a bunch of drones just serving Loki's call without hesitation.

2. I'm kind of hoping that we see Loki's army creating chaos and destruction elsewhere than NYC and before the climax in NYC. The impression that I've gotten from the footage shown is that Loki's army makes their presence known before the NYC battle, hence Fury's comment about them being outnumbered.

3. I really do hope that the Hulk is given a real personality of his own like in EMH's.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:17 AM   #55
Jordanstine
Side-Kick

Ok, hold your horses people!

Just 3 days ago I was saying that my source gave info saying the aliens could still be Skrulls (or Kree) despite what Kevin Feige said.

Well... Kevin Feige could technically still be telling the truth.

I hate sounding like a broken record, but if you read my post history, heck just go to what I posted back on February 8th til today.

#1 - My source has already said that the word "Skrulls" wasn't familiarly mentioned in the movie.

#2 - My source also has said these aliens are likely mixed, basically they are a speices of a particular alien, just like humans have different races: White, Black, Asian, same goes for these aliens.

#3 - Kevin Feige said they won't have a big impact "now" in the film... but perhaps later on.

So if they are Skrulls, they are NOT just Skrulls but a mixture of alien races that may be a different species of a Skrull, aka a different race of Skrulls.

I myself (this is coming from me not my source) I'm leaning more towards Kree after my source just threw out Captain Marvel for some random reason.

Someone here just mentioned there being different Kree like the Pink-Skin, and the Ruul. Those are really good assumptions.

Here's another speculation (this again is coming from me not my source), but if they are indeed a speices of Skrull... they could be Deviants.

Deviants are a form of genetically enhanced Skrulls. Oh and by the way, guess which character is a mixed alien race and actually part Deviant?

Thanos

Old 02-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #56
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Ok, hold your horses people!

Just 3 days ago I was saying that my source gave info saying the aliens could still be Skrulls (or Kree) despite what Kevin Feige said.

Well... Kevin Feige could technically still be telling the truth.

I hate sounding like a broken record, but if you read my post history, heck just go to what I posted back on February 8th til today.

#1 - My source has already said that the word "Skrulls" wasn't familiarly mentioned in the movie.

#2 - My source also has said these aliens are likely mixed, basically they are a speices of a particular alien, just like humans have different races: White, Black, Asian, same goes for these aliens.

#3 - Kevin Feige said they won't have a big impact "now" in the film... but perhaps later on.

So if they are Skrulls, they are NOT just Skrulls but a mixture of alien races that may be a different species of a Skrull, aka a different race of Skrulls.

I myself (this is coming from me not my source) I'm leaning more towards Kree after my source just threw out Captain Marvel for some random reason.

Someone here just mentioned there being different Kree like the Pink-Skin, and the Ruul. Those are really good assumptions.

Here's another speculation (this again is coming from me not my source), but if they are indeed a speices of Skrull... they could be Deviants.

Deviants are a form of genetically enhanced Skrulls. Oh and by the way, guess which character is a mixed alien race and actually part Deviant?

Thanos
Sounds cool. If the first Avengers film turns out to be a HUGE SUCCESS and lives up to how it's being portrayed (A film of EPIC PROPORTIONS), then Thanos would definitely be appropriate for the BIGGER threat after Loki for the group.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:22 AM   #57
bluemorbo
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsDC View Post
Fixed up the colour of those aliens in those boardgame pictuers, they look fairly similar to the ones in the trailer I suppose:

Looks good, but I think they're ears rather than horns, per se. May be worth trying it

Old 02-11-2012, 05:27 AM   #58
Jordanstine
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Sounds cool. If the first Avengers film turns out to be a HUGE SUCCESS and lives up to how it's being portrayed (A film of EPIC PROPORTIONS), then Thanos would definitely be appropriate for the BIGGER threat after Loki for the group.
No doubt.

My source has maintained that Thanos is NOT in the main movie of the Avengers. If he somehow shows up, it would have to be post-credits coz he just ain't in the main movie.

But my source also maintains that even though the film has an actual ending to the main story, it is also "bigger than it looks".

The aliens may not be as big in this movie, but think BIG. These aliens are opening the gates for something BIG in the Avengers sequel.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #59
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
We've already had a full length trailer. After that came out, the exact same thing happened. And when the Avengers comes out, a week after that everyone will be more excited about the next Marvel movies than the one they just saw.

Seriously, fans waste so much energy getting excited over things to come rather than the brilliant things that are already in front of them.
Well, yeah. Are you new to the internet?

And the next movie will always be the best, to the point where older ones are nigh unwatchable. No. Matter. What.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:36 AM   #60
Jordanstine
Side-Kick

Quote:
Thanks guys for some of your PM to me, the good and bad, I'll get to them in a bit...

If there's anymore feel free to keep asking.
Questions from both SHH and CBR (I'm a regular poster there too same username):

===

Q: Someone said they could be Atlanteans, is this true? There are a lot of Namor rumors and the map in Nick Fury's office shows Atlantis or something.

A: New info - No, they aren't Atlanteans, nor are they any kind of people from the sea. There are some battles taking place over and under the water. But still, they are not sea people.

===

Q: Are they even aliens?

A: Here's a tell - my source does not deny it, but will deny anything else NOT true, hence it is true. Oh and me source did say the "Portal opens up from Space."

===

Q: What do you get out of these fake rumors?

A: The satisfaction of knowing I'm right and you'll have to wait 3 long months only to find out I've been right come May.

===

Q: Jormugandr what?

A: New info - I first brought the news that there maybe more than one of these creatures in the film. I now have confirmation the Avengers are battling exactly 2 of them.

The snake like creature, aka Leviathan, aka Promethius in the film. The picture I posted of Jormugandr aka the Midgard Serpent, the snake form (apparently he has a dragon form too) is just an assumption on my part since it's the only thing I could find to what connects this kind of being with Loki (again that's just me speculating), although my source says they are more "worm-like" with metallic armored skin. Apparently no snake's snout either.

===

Q: What else does your source know besides aliens?

A: Read my posts starting on December 6th, no really, don't wanna keep repeating myself, but just go through my post history and read it. Just check my sig.

===

Last edited by Jordanstine; 02-15-2012 at 06:36 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #61
Jordanstine
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sounds cool; thanks!!!

Things that I'm hoping to see; like Wolvie mentioned are:

1. I hope that Loki's army has some distinguished generals/lieutenants representing their respective species so that his army doesn't come off as a bunch of drones just serving Loki's call without hesitation.

2. I'm kind of hoping that we see Loki's army creating chaos and destruction elsewhere than NYC and before the climax in NYC. The impression that I've gotten from the footage shown is that Loki's army makes their presence known before the NYC battle, hence Fury's comment about them being outnumbered.

3. I really do hope that the Hulk is given a real personality of his own like in EMH's.
1. They are NOT drones, they have their own BIG reasons for alligning.

2. You know it!

3. Tha's actually something I should ask! Not sure about personality but I was told he does say "Hulk Smash" and goes 1-on-1 with Thor. Will try and ask more.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:22 AM   #62
Pagan
Banned User

If they have a post credit tease and show Thanos or just the gauntlet hinting at an Infinity Gauntlet sequel the fanboys will go crazy.

Old 02-11-2012, 06:36 AM   #63
Rongxin
Banned User

Quote:

December 26, 2011

My 1st spoiler:

- There are also “giant snake-like creatures” - yes with an “s” as in more than 1 giant snake-like creature

December 11, 2011

Questions:

Answers:

3) Didn't elaborate.

December 29, 2011

December 30, 2011

January 23, 2012

January 30, 2012

February 2, 2012

February 8, 2012

February 10, 2012

Skrulls figures spotted:

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/August/AppData/Local/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif[/IMG]

Really now?

Old 02-11-2012, 06:46 AM   #64
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

Two serpents? One for hulk, one for Thor? The only part, if true, that disappoints me is Hulk is the last Avenger recruited, it should be that way but just makes me think there won't be much Hulk in the film.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:04 AM   #65
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

No, both serpents get killed by Hulk because he's the strongest one there is. Thor looks at the serpents and just bursts into tears. True story. BigThor told me that one.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #66
Kirmit
Big Green Machine.

I think his head would explode if that happened.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:17 AM   #67
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I enjoyed it more than the entire 2:00 minutes and something seconds of an unnamed superhero movie coming out this year. Like a good deal more.

Fluidly edited & far more effective in getting its message across.
I think it does effectively get the point across at how big scale the Avengers will be compared with what we've seen in the Marvel universe up to this point.

P.S. God how I love the quote you have in your sig. I've got the urge to watch Blade Runner now.

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:19 AM   #68
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
sure it doesent mean anything what toys show compareing to what is going on in the movie actualy...but why??? confusion, marketing tricks? i dont get it....
Or, you know, Kevin Feige could have been lying.

Keep in mind that Nolan denied to the last that Talia al-Ghul was in TDKR. And I'm sure plenty of you can find other examples of moviemakers denying a certain character(s) were in their film, and yet they turned up anyway. Not the first, or last, time that a filmmaker has just simply lied about the content of an upcoming movie.

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think that they'll be skrulls...or that Loki's army is made up of them. The reason why is because from what I'm aware of, they're big enough in name alone in the Marvel Universe that one would wonder why Marvel would want to cram in other monsters/aliens from other places as well alongside the Skrulls...not to mention of the huge backstory that comes with them as well.
I dunno that you'd have to go into *too* much backstory on the Skrulls. They're alien, they're shapeshifters....boom, you're good to go.

I just wonder how Loki forged an alliance with them....that's an odd pairing, even by Marvel comics standards. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #69
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
1. They are NOT drones, they have their own BIG reasons for alligning.
Well, I just hope that just because their presence/actions in this film is being supposedly scheduled to lead into BIGGER things for the future, that Marvel doesn't hold back on the action/scope of what they can do with them now like they somewhat did with the action sequences for films like "Thor" and "Captain America".

Also; I'm still wondering at times as to why Hawkeye and Black Widow are labeled as being part of "Earth's mightiest Heroes" considering that they're both affiliated with SHIELD, and are labeled as Assassins/Agents. I mean, I don't doubt their abilities in combat, it's just that we've heard nothing to give reasoning as to why they'd be labeled as "heroes" like the rest are...heck the Hulk has a better heroic track record than those two in the MCU.lol

Old 02-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #70
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I dunno that you'd have to go into *too* much backstory on the Skrulls. They're alien, they're shapeshifters....boom, you're good to go.

I just wonder how Loki forged an alliance with them....that's an odd pairing, even by Marvel comics standards. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Well, I've said this more or less in the Caption thread, but I don't think that Loki's Army is made up of strictly one alien race. It would be like Loki to collect several, expendable legions from all the nine realms with the promise of Universal domination. As I like to put it, I think that it's more like Loki's All Star Invasion Force, or ASIF, and yes please read that like a Valley Girl was saying it.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 AM   #71
The Morningstar
Banned User

I think he's borrowing the army off of someone else. Or has had help recruiting all these forces. Basically like a multi-species merc army.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:20 AM   #72
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
I think he's borrowing the army off of someone else. Or has had help recruiting all these forces. Basically like a multi-species merc army.
Gee, I wonder what Loki gave the guy (Thanos maybe.) in return for "borrowing" his army, a cup of sugar and some eggs? At least he can have himself some French toast if Loki threw in a loaf of bread as well.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:39 AM   #73
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyIAN View Post
As a gay man myself, I am disappointed that this wasn't an all male sausage fest team line up.

Why put a woman in the team just for the sake of having a woman in the team?

Black Widow? Seriously Are you kidding me?

It's so IRONIC because the only woman in the team also happens to be the weakest link.

Black Widow- she has no superpowers, only depending on her two guns

She is like the weakest member in Avengers.....

And knowing what a feminist Josh Whedon is, I pray and hope that Black Widow does not steal too much screentime away from the boys

The Avengers should be an all boys club.... I have absolutely no interest in seeing a woman in there.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:40 AM   #74
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Dude...they have to keep the Straight Male Demographic happy too.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #75
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Indeed....

Closed Thread