The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Batman World

Old 11-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #1
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Default What could the return of the Timmverse Batman:TAS have to offer?

Certainly not meant to make it sound unwelcome in any way,shape or form but what stories and characters would you like for Bruce Timm and company use if they picked up where they left off?

A few things I'd like to see would be...

-Barbara Gordon becoming Oracle. I know that the JLU animated series was going to do a version of it with Black Canary and the Huntress in the episode but it was scrapped and I know that following too closely to the Killing Joke would never get pass the censors but it's still something I'd like for them to some how interpret.

-Black Mask.I believe he was considered but for whatever reason never used. IMO,the version on The Batman was handled pretty good btw.

-Dick Grayson as Batman. Without going into the whole Batman RIP arc,this could easily be written as a single shot episode.Professor Pyg could even be the central villain for the episode.

Hush. Re-worked somehow.

Harold. Another character who could easily be used in a one off episode.Even just a cameo at some point.

The Spoiler.Don't know all that much about her but she could be used for a Tim Drake centered episode featuring her father the Cluemaster (I think)

The International League of Batmen

The Riddler as a rival "reformed" detective

Damien Wayne and his relationship with his father Bruce and his grandfather Ra's Al Ghul

Last edited by Spider-Kurt!; 11-30-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Spider-Kurt! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
Tatsumarushinob
Side-Kick

Default Re: What could the return of the Timmverse Batman:TAS have to offer?

Even though I'm sure it would never happen. I'd welcome anything related to the Timmverse/BAS as you call it.

Tatsumarushinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #3
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Actually though it would be controversial I'd love to see timverse do an animated series based on Dick Grayson as Batman where Bruce is missing presumed dead (so it wouldn't contradict Batman Beyond) And Dick Would Become Batman and have to take on a new rogue gallery as well as some classic batman villains (which would be automaticall better then what we got in comic book form as far as i know there is no classic Dick as batman versus the Joker Scarecrow Bane etc) introducing new villians to the series like Nocturna, Dead Shot black Spider Hush etc.. plus the story of Damion coming into town I think there is a lot of material to work with and if done well could give even the classic animated series a run for its money. If i have time I'll come up with episodes I think could work.

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:18 PM   #4
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

That sounds like a great idea! I'm sure a version of Dick Grayson as Batman will be animated in some form. I think it could be well recieved given a chance. Besides,Bruce Wayne could show up on occassion as Batman in flashbacks and his eventual return.

Romans 8:19
Old 12-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #5
tiger_a_K
Side-Kick

I'd love to see a continuation of the Timm-verse/BTAS series following the comics.

There have been so many great cartoon movies; Under the Red Hood, Year One etc..

Would love to see a Bruce Timm re-worked version of Knightfall.. complete with back breaking, rehab with Shondra and Shiva, Azrael and maybe a Tom Hardy-esque Bane

just ordered this:

tiger_a_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

A season based on Knightfall would be a fantastic starting point.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #7
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

What I Would Like To See Translated By Bruce Timm & Co.
-Hush
-Dr. Hurt
-The Owl Society from The Batman Relaunch
-Oracle
-Robin taking on the mantle of Batman for a while.
-Resolution with Andrea Beaumont. I've posted about this frequently, so I will not rehash it.
-More of the Gang Wars in Gotham, particularly with the Falcone's (sans Sofia Gigante,) Maroni's, and of course, Roland Daggett.
-Return of the Joker's original eyes: I liked them yellow. I understand they had to be altered for the reduced budget, but they worked well in the original iteration.
-More of Arkham, including the backstory, including the staff and administrators including Aaron Cash, Jeremiah Arkham, and so on.
-More new/obscure characters.
-Knightfall...sans Jean Paul Valley.
-

jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Good ones johnathancrane! From what I've heard,the Court of Owls would be a great addition.

I bet that if this show really did happen,out of all of these suggestions the Dick Grayson version of Batman is practacly the most guarenteed. I wonder if they would even make an entire series based on his time as Bats.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
Dk1201
Side-Kick

they could I'd break it out like this

1st Season End of RIP (with Conroy as Batman Bruce Wayne) Battle for the cowl and the Last Rites Two Face vs Nightwing Story with the season finale being Dick as Batman vs Jason As Batman

2nd Season Building the Bunker Dick's First few months as batman a few original stories (involving previously unused characters Nocturna The Spook etc) the Finale is Batman stopping two Face sending him to the rebuilt Asylum And realizing that Two Face was distraction while Penguin and Black Mask begin to build their respective armies

Season 3 life after death (again with a few original stories and adding in places) as well as some of the Batman And Robin story-line as well as special episode based on Batman 700 With Bruce Greenwood playing Adult Damian. the last episode Batman defeats Black Mask

Season 4 Original story-lines dealing with the fallout of Black mask's empire and some classic characters Joker Bane (in a nolanized outfit) Riddler Hugo Strange etc

After that who knows.

Cast
Batman Bruce Wayne Kevin Conroy
Batman/Nightwing/Dick Grayson it's a tough call either bring back Lorren Lester or if he doesn't want to do it Will Friede.
Alfred Timothy DaltonI just can imagine him saying the bad ass lines Alfred said in the comics

outside of that I'm not sure but 1 little thing i'd like since the comics are alluding to both Bruce and Dick getting a ton more action I'd like it if in the animated series Dick had some fun nothing to graphic obviously but a scene with babs in bed next to him or something of that sort would be nice.

just my 2 cents

I've decided for fun I'm going to try and create a fanmade animated intro based on what is already out there (i can edit clips together but draw not so much) it's gonna be tough but I'm gonna try.

Dk1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #10
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

it'd be nice to get an updated animated series from Bruce Timm & Paul Dini, but i highly doubt it will happen. the best we can hope for are animated films.

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Maybe we could at least get an animated film by that crew.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #12
nogap87
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind a series that bridged the gap between BTAS and The New Batman Adventures. New characters can still be introduced and it could be a proper showcase of the deterioration of Batman and Robin's partnership (the flashback was weak).

nogap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Don't you think gang wars stuff would more appropriately involve Rupert Thorne than Roland Dagget(who, as I recall was more a corrupt businessman type than a full on crimelord)?

DaveMoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
Mister Meddle
The Barber of Seville

Just a reboot. They could have two part episodes (or single episodes that would last an hour), each story would cover an event or story from the comics but taking place in the same continuity. The primary goal would be to cover Batman's entire career from the comics.

Example: The first two (or hour long episode) could focus on the mystery of the Redhood. The story would end with everybody under the impression that the ringleader died after falling into the vat of chemicals. The next story would focus on something else. The one after that could pick up where the first one left off by doing an adaptation of The Man Who Laughs. And so on.

Imagine having a weekly animated series that's similar to this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Mister Meddle; 01-11-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Mister Meddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #15
Video Business
New User - Level 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Meddle View Post
Just a reboot. They could have two part episodes (or single episodes that would last an hour), each story would cover an event or story from the comics but taking place in the same continuity. The primary goal would be to cover Batman's entire career from the comics.

Example: The first two (or hour long episode) could focus on the mystery of the Redhood. The story would end with everybody under the impression that the ringleader died after falling into the vat of chemicals. The next story would focus on something else. The one after that could pick up where the first one left off by doing an adaptation of The Man Who Laughs. And so on.

Imagine having a weekly animated series that's similar to this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
This would be amazing.

Video Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #16
Mistah K88
Side-Kick

If the DCAU must be revisited, I personally am more interested in figuring out what happened to a majority of the Bat rougues by the time of Batman Beyond. We all know what happened to Ra's, Talia, Joker, Harley, Mr. Freeze, and Bane... But what about the other Gotham based villains?

Last edited by Mistah K88; 01-26-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Mistah K88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #17
StarLord
Tech Noir.

I've been re-watching BTAS and I friggin' miss it so much!

I wish we had a new Batman animated series.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:48 AM   #18
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

I wonder if they'd touch on more of the recent things like Damien,the Court of Owls or Batman Incorpoated?

Old 03-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #19
brettculp
dark knight filmmaker

Would love to see Timm do Knightfall, No Man's Land, & Hush. Would love for each episode to be a self-contained stories with an overriding arc each season, similar to JL Unlimited or Avatar:The Last Airbender.

Last edited by brettculp; 03-05-2012 at 08:14 AM. Reason: adding a thought
brettculp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:20 PM   #20
BatmanMoviesFan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Whiplash* View Post
I've been re-watching BTAS and I friggin' miss it so much!

I wish we had a new Batman animated series.
well the new one coming out is beware the batman which does not look very good at all.

Batman TAS was the first superhero show i ever watched. kevin conroy is the only batman voice that i would ever accept.

batman year one did not do so well IMO since it didnt have kevin.

BatmanMoviesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #21
Invader Joker

I would liked to see Jason Todd being killed by the Joker and then becoming Red Hood, shame they replaced Jason with Tim Drake.

Invader Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 PM   #22
Fudgie
Banned User

Ya can see half of that in Under the Red Hood movie.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #23
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Timmverse is always welcome and I'll probably love every bit of it. One thing they could do is instead of making an animated series they do more DTVs (but good quality ones) from that era. I guess another theatrical release for an animated feature like Mask of the Phantasm is asking too much, but I'd love to see that happen again!

If it's a series, as many have already said, they ought to be season-spanning storyarcs instead of self-contained "mini-movies" -- tackle No Man's Land for a start, move onto Knightfall and ultimately give us something showing the young years of Bruce Wayne (the one we saw in Mask of the Phantasm) as he's just starting off. I think there's a series to be had there.

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #24
Spider-Kurt!
Side-Kick

Wasn't there a site a few years ago that doccumented some of characters that Bruce Timm and company didn't use and the reasons why? If I'm not mistaken they mentioned Black Mask,Gentleman Ghost,Nocturna,Deadshot and a few others. A link would be appreciated if one's found.

Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #25
Fudgie
Banned User

Probably couldn't think of good stories for 'em. I heard they had hassles writing good Riddler stories.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote