The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 11-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #51
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

I'd like to see Ant-Man/Giant-Man, the Wasp and Black Panther as the new additions to the team with solo movies beforehand. (Wasp of course would be in Ant-Man's movie.) Also, I think Pym should only be Ant-Man in his movie and save Giant-Man for a spectacular moment in Avengers 2. I'd love to see Ultron set up in the Ant-Man movie and make him the big bad in the Avengers sequel. I'd want to see him constructing Vision as well in 2, possibly fight the Avengers just as a midless drone of Ultrons. I'd like Wonder Man and Ms. Marvel as additions in #3, Pym can insert Simon's brainwave patterns into Vision, and presto, new Avengers member, just in time to take on Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet.

Terror Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 04:02 PM   #52
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

After seeing the Avengers cartoon,I want to see Ultron take on the Avengers.Ultron could get back up by hacking into Tony Stark's armory and control all of the suits.

We could have Tony Stark in his Mark 1,because there is no computers in it for Ultron to control it.

As for all the armor suits,you can have:

-Crimson Dynamo
-Titanium Man
-Ghost
-Hulk Buster
-Beetle
-Mark V
-Mark VI
-War Machine
-Blizard
-Firebrand

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #53
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
After seeing the Avengers cartoon,I want to see Ultron take on the Avengers.Ultron could get back up by hacking into Tony Stark's armory and control all of the suits.
Same here, I would love to see Ultron as the main villain in Avengers 2 with his need to "cleanse the earth of humanity" and his relationship with Pym being shown in full force. He's one of my favorite Avengers villains and his ability to take over the world through computers would be alot different than Loki's "massive army" approach.

I want Thanos to saved as the main villain for Avengers 3 because although I like Ultron more I still think Thanos poses the greatest threat therefore he should be saved for last.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #54
jediab
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I want Thanos to saved as the main villain for Avengers 3 because although I like Ultron more I still think Thanos poses the greatest threat therefore he should be saved for last.
I agree Thanos would be awesome. But could story with a baddy of his magnitude be told in only 1 movie? I would worry it wouldn't be done correctly because of lack of time.

jediab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:39 AM   #55
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediab View Post
I agree Thanos would be awesome. But could story with a baddy of his magnitude be told in only 1 movie? I would worry it wouldn't be done correctly because of lack of time.
I think it could, one Avengers film would be enough time for Thanos as the main villain because he will have already been built up by previous film.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #56
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

I'd like to see a sequel with Hank Pym creating Ultron with Wasp. Then I'd ditch Iron Man and Thor, introduce Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Giant Man, Wasp, Hawkeye and Captain America as the new main group. They'll fight Kang.

I think a great idea for the third film is Kang makes these new Avenger fight their past selves. Hemsworth would cameo as Thor, while cgi could be use for Hulk and IM. Evans would pull double duty obviously. Old Avengers versus New Avengers, a fight to the finish in the second act.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:46 AM   #57
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
I'd like to see a sequel with Hank Pym creating Ultron with Wasp. Then I'd ditch Iron Man and Thor, introduce Ms. Marvel, Black Panther, Giant Man, Wasp, Hawkeye and Captain America as the new main group. They'll fight Kang.

I think a great idea for the third film is Kang makes these new Avenger fight their past selves. Hemsworth would cameo as Thor, while cgi could be use for Hulk and IM. Evans would pull double duty obviously. Old Avengers versus New Avengers, a fight to the finish in the second act.
You'd ditch Iron Man and Thor? Two of the three most important Avengers?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-19-2012, 07:32 PM   #58
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
You'd ditch Iron Man and Thor? Two of the three most important Avengers?

I don't want them there forever. It doesn't stay true, in my opinion, stay true to the spirit of the comic. You have to rotate the roster. Maybe you bring one or both back, but I think at some point some new characters come in and others go out. Since this is an expansive universe we don't need Iron Man or Thor or even Cap for every film. They can return to their own respective films like they do in the comic. Avenger seems ideal place to showcase the characters that can't support their own films. Also look at the success of First Class. Not a popular X-Man in the bunch besides Eric and Charles.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:26 AM   #59
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I don't want them there forever. It doesn't stay true, in my opinion, stay true to the spirit of the comic. You have to rotate the roster. Maybe you bring one or both back, but I think at some point some new characters come in and others go out. Since this is an expansive universe we don't need Iron Man or Thor or even Cap for every film. They can return to their own respective films like they do in the comic. Avenger seems ideal place to showcase the characters that can't support their own films. Also look at the success of First Class. Not a popular X-Man in the bunch besides Eric and Charles.
Yeah but ALEAST keep them core team the same for the first two films, Iron Man and Thor are FAR too important to the Avengers to not be in the 2nd film.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-23-2012, 10:21 AM   #60
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
But it's not really an expansive universe, it's a handful of films with fans of those films. There's nothing wrong with benching the beloved originals over time and replacing them, but you can't do it wholesale or else you alienate people, as much as New Coke. Benching the characters with the most successful movies at once is a bad idea, commercially and thematically.

I personally think Avengers 2 would be great for the Kree-Skrull War, it's like, we've seen alien invasion movies, but only the Avengers can handle two alien Invasions at once. I really believe, in the movie universe, Ultron works better as a Giant Man villain, if he's going to have a solo movie, and the point of the team up movie is that you don't have to explain a new character to the audience - especially since you have to quickly and smoothly introduce all the characters to people who didn't see that particular movie. I don't think it's the ideal place to introduce characters who can't support their own films, but if it is, Iron Man and Thor, like Xavier and Magneto, are the two characters that you can't get rid of, because they are the most endeared to the general audience.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:27 PM   #61
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Avengers: Loki

2: Kang/Thanos/Kree/Skrull...maybe a little bit of Loki

3: Ultron
- The end of the movie splits the Avengers against each other

4: Civl War Avengers

Last edited by The_Shadow; 01-27-2012 at 01:38 PM.
The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:07 AM   #62
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Yeah but ALEAST keep them core team the same for the first two films, Iron Man and Thor are FAR too important to the Avengers to not be in the 2nd film.
I said the third film.

Old 01-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #63
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I said the third film.
Oh alright, that's alot more understandable.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 01-28-2012, 02:44 AM   #64
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
Avengers: Loki

2: Kang/Thanos/Kree/Skrull...maybe a little bit of Loki

3: Ultron
- The end of the movie splits the Avengers against each other

4: Civl War Avengers
You want Kang/Thanos/Kree/Srull to happen before Ultron?

Shouldn't Ultron come before them, because it would seem like a step down to go from them to Ultron.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-11-2012, 03:14 PM   #65
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I'd like for them to finally punch out the Pym film at some point and then have Ultron be the big bad for one of the avengers films. Taking a cue from EMH would be good as long as they keep it original and don't just make it a 2hr version of the cartoon episode.

I'd like to see them get their Cosmic Marvel movies started before we see Thanos in an Avengers film. I think finding a way to incorporate Thanos, GOTG and Thor would be a stellar way to start it off.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #66
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Here's my question... if Ultron is the villain for Avengers 2/3... who is the villain for the Giant Man film?????

Old 02-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #67
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I don't think you have to show Ultron being the big bad in an Ant-Man movie, Ant-Man used his own brain-patterns in ultron. Ant-Man is a bit of a head-case and I think showing the bot starting out on the up and up and slowly descending into the evil ultron we all know and want to see. Then maybe have a post credit scene showing the no-doubter as far as him being evil, something along those lines.

Any ant-man movie is most likely going to have wasp in there. It would be quite simple to kill 2 birds with one stone in regards to introducing both characters.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #68
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Thanos would be great for A3. By the time Marvel goes Cosmic you can set up an appearance by GOTG to assist with the mad titans defeat.

Old 02-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #69
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Here's my question... if Ultron is the villain for Avengers 2/3... who is the villain for the Giant Man film?????
Ultron is waaaayyyy too much for the Pyms to handle on their own.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #70
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Whirlwind or someone along those lines

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:29 PM   #71
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Whirlwind would be good as a main villian. Pym doesn't have to be a 2 and a half hour epic. I mean, it is Hank Pym, as much as I like the character. Although the general fan might not know Ultron, you could have him partially or already completed while letting him commit subtle actions during the film on his way to becoming the Ultron who wants to destroy humanity. Then, as marcvader said, since pym and vandyne can't defeat ultron alone, it gives them a reason to go to the avengers for help thus becoming members in the next film

Old 02-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #72
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I mean, I might be missing something, but Whirlwind would be horrible as a main villain. He doesn't bring anything to the table of note, other than being an Ant-Man villain in the comics. No thematic resonance, no good comics storylines to adapt, he needs a new origin that's completely separate from Pyms and thus less impactful. His powerset does not help show off the Pyms' power set, he's not an intellectual rival. Every adaptation of him I've seen he's kind of a thug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Ultron is waaaayyyy too much for the Pyms to handle on their own.
Hmmm... yes and no. Most of the AI we've seen defeated in films have been defeated by vastly underpowered people. Someone who shrinks is exactly the kind of person who could defeat Ultron on his first outing. Perhaps he can come back with a bigger power base like Loki did for an Avengers film, but the idea that 'Movie Ultron = current fully evolved Ultron who's battled the Avengers ten times' would, by necessity, be incorrect.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #73
Chewy
REDACTED

In the comics he was Jan's creepy psycho stalker who worked as her chauffeur for a while and after being exposed as a crook would freak out from time to time about her loving Hank instead of him.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:39 PM   #74
marcvader
Lurker #1

See I wouldn't want Ultron wasted on a small movie like Antman. I'd want his creation being a subplot and his turn leading into an Avengers movie. That's just my preference as I associate him as one of the Avengers main villains. This is all pending on Wright making an Antman movie which if it is the case this all goes out the window.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #75
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
In the comics he was Jan's creepy psycho stalker who worked as her chauffeur for a while and after being exposed as a crook would freak out from time to time about her loving Hank instead of him.
I know. That's why I don't get how someone can view him as a great main villain. Unless it's a romantic comedy, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
See I wouldn't want Ultron wasted on a small movie like Antman. I'd want his creation being a subplot and his turn leading into an Avengers movie. That's just my preference as I associate him as one of the Avengers main villains. This is all pending on Wright making an Antman movie which if it is the case this all goes out the window.
It sounds like you want him in an Ant-Man movie, but don't want him at the same time. Like, if he's evil in the Ant-Man movie, he can't be evil in an Avengers movie. I think Loki's proof positive that's just not so.

The problem I have with Ultron as a villain in the Avengers is that he's a step down from Loki. He doesn't build on the cosmic scale, he doesn't have an army he can field, and taking over the good guys' resources seems, again, like a step down, and having armies of robots out of nowhere enough to give the Avengers in all their might pause for a two hour movie just doesn't seem plausible in the MCU.

And if Edgar Wright's project, which is actively going through drafts now, doesn't go through, it's going to be a minute before MCU finds a new writer and director to pick him up, not in time for Avengers 2's planning phases (going on now).