The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 02-16-2012, 01:36 AM   #26
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Default Re: 11.1 - Guardian - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

I believe i heard it on another board but i dont know for sure.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:32 AM   #27
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Dr. Hamilton needs to be included as well as Kara and Conner.
I'm sure they will be at least Kara and Conner will be, because the Daily Planet newspaper for 2017 that is featured in the complete series dvd boxset has an article that mention the presence of Supergirl and Superboy in Metropolis .

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #28
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I'm sure they will be at least Kara and Conner will be, because the Daily Planet newspaper for 2017 that is featured in the complete series dvd boxset has an article that mention the presence of Supergirl and Superboy in Metropolis .
Good. I'd imagine the 11th season and perhaps beyond will try to line up with 2017-18.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #29
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
can you post it because i have never gotten the chance to see the newspaper yet

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:33 PM   #30
SpitCurl
Side-Kick

This is...interesting. I'm torn between loving the idea and being kinda pissed off.

Pluses:

1.) Sounds like BQM will be doing the scripting himself verses passing each issue around like the village floozy, which caused wildly inconsistent seasons during the show's run. This at least means continuity.

2.) No distracting special-effects or limitations in scope. The stories can now be as broad in scale as BQM wants, and it won't cost DC one additional red cent (I refuse to use the word "e_ _c" after being traumatized by CW PR releases).

3.) As others have said, it may free up guest-appearances by heroes either restricted from or not feasible in live-action, plus being able to do large-scale villains and confrontations. Being essentially, "Superman: Year One", that means no Darkseid or Doomsday for a while, but it's nice to know SV Clark could interact with characters on that visual scale without the characterizations being half-a**ed.

4.) A chance to clear-up lingering plot-holes, assuming BQM even remembers what plot-holes there were (and there were a lot).

Minuses:

1.) Really thought the days of people whining about episodes or arcs needing more Chloe were over. For f**k's sake, not this s**t again...

2.) But honestly, what keeps me from being enthusiastic about this is that - if the show-runners were genuine in their assertion that "the show was never about Superman/Once he's Superman, it's over", and hence no real suit or flight 'til the last minute, then - this feels like a slap in the face by DC for allowing in 2D what I'm sure 99% of the fan-base wanted all along: SV Clark in live-action as Superman. It contradicts their entire rationale for stalling from S5 onward, not putting Tom in the suit, and holding off flight - and for using that godd***n SR suit instead of creating their own.

So... on one hand, "aight, sounds decent", and on the other, "DC can all eat a bag of d**ks".

Last edited by SpitCurl; 02-16-2012 at 11:47 PM.
SpitCurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #31
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitCurl View Post
This is...interesting. I'm torn between loving the idea and being kinda pissed off.

Pluses:

1.) Sounds like BQM will be doing the scripting himself verses passing each issue around like the village floozy, which caused wildly inconsistent seasons during the show's run. This at least means continuity.

2.) No distracting special-effects or limitations in scope. The stories can now be as broad in scale as BQM wants, and it won't cost DC one additional red cent (I refuse to use the word "e_ _c" after being traumatized by CW PR releases).

3.) As others have said, it may free up guest-appearances by heroes either restricted from or not feasible in live-action, plus being able to do large-scale villains and confrontations. Being essentially, "Superman: Year One", that means no Darkseid or Doomsday for a while, but it's nice to know SV Clark could interact with characters on that visual scale without the characterizations being half-a**ed.

4.) A chance to clear-up lingering plot-holes, assuming BQM even remembers what plot-holes there were (and there were a lot).

Minuses:

1.) Really thought the days of people whining about episodes or arcs needing more Chloe were over. For f**k's sake, not this s**t again...

2.) But honestly, what keeps me from being enthusiastic about this is that - if the show-runners were genuine in their assertion that "the show was never about Superman/Once he's Superman, it's over", and hence no real suit or flight 'til the last minute, then - this feels like a slap in the face by DC for allowing in 2D what I'm sure 99% of the fan-base wanted all along: SV Clark in live-action as Superman. It contradicts their entire rationale for stalling from S5 onward, not putting Tom in the suit, and holding off flight - and for using that godd***n SR suit instead of creating their own.

So... on one hand, "aight, sounds decent", and on the other, "DC can all eat a bag of d**ks".
This is why I said the Finale was a lightswitch with Clark flying at the last minute. We'll have to look at this 11th season as what would have been if the show continued.

Old 02-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #32
Milos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I look forward to S11 and Chloe is a character I'm interested to see what Miller will do with.

Milos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:53 AM   #33
Johnny
Side-Kick

Yeah, I love Chloe. Just not her fanbase.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #34
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I don't see flight as a light switch since its been a developing thing over the yrs. And I don't fully agree with spitcurl 2nd minus.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #35
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

I dont see any minuses in this really. The franchise continues yet the TV show, which was always said to be about the journey, ends. Nothing's changed. Different medium and they've given it to a quality writer of that medium who also happened to work on the actual show.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:15 PM   #36
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Geoff Johns has written 3-4 episodes of Smallville, I can see him co-write for the 11th season as well. I was hoping the title would be Superman.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:31 PM   #37
Prison Mike
Hype Award Winner

I'm kind of confused how this episode/issue thing will work. Is each digital issue an episode or does an episode make up multiple digital issues?

Old 02-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #38
Johnny
Side-Kick

I don't think Johns will do it, considering he writes Justice League, Green Lantern and Aquaman. I personally don't see it possible for a writer to work on 3 books simultaneously and still find time to do a guest spot on another. Though I've been wrong before...

Old 02-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #39
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Ya johns is far to busy with dc responsibilies and all the other titles he is writing right now. We know its just BQM and i guess each issue will be consider a chapter/episode.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 02-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #40
Binker
Side-Kick

Okay, this isn't Welling but Routh, and this is as close as I could get it, but I think this is the suit for Smallville Season 11:

Binker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #41
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Looks good, was there a neck collar ?

also I want to see this manip with Welling's head.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:29 AM   #42
Binker
Side-Kick

Welling, huh?

Binker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:41 AM   #43
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Just perfect.

Edit: I wish they had taken this Suit for the new movie (MOS).

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #44
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Mike View Post
I'm kind of confused how this episode/issue thing will work. Is each digital issue an episode or does an episode make up multiple digital issues?
Each weekly digital issue is a chapter. There will be 12 chapters in the premiere "episode."

Old 02-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #45
Prison Mike
Hype Award Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Incredible Hulk View Post
Each weekly digital issue is a chapter. There will be 12 chapters in the premiere "episode."
Thanks for the clear up.

Old 02-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #46
Rockstar
Banned User

He looks like he's wearing a woman's leotard.

The Man of Steel suit is a hundred times better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Just perfect.

Edit: I wish they had taken this Suit for the new movie (MOS).

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:59 AM   #47
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

It still irks me a bit with costume change for sv book, let alone the dcnu superman suit.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #48
Rockstar
Banned User

I'm sure it will look fine in artwork, most costumes do.

It would just look totally ridiculous in live action.

And Gary Frank is a great artist. His Reeve Superman is badass.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #49
Johnny
Side-Kick

And that's both his biggest strength and weakness in my opinion. When he uses Reeve as a model for his Superman, he can't go wrong. But as we see when he tries to do it with someone else he falls flat. This guy has my utmost respect and I can't wait for Batman: Earth One but so far he hasn't proven he can draw Superman unless it's Reeve-inspired.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #50
Rockstar
Banned User

What do you mean when he tries to do it with someone else?

His cover to Smallville looks nothing like Reeve. It's undoubtedely Welling in comic form. Look at the eyebrows and lips.