The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 02-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #26
Disney Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
If Bourne Legacy becomes a hit and Renner joins the rank of A-list actors in Hollywood, Marvel Studios might want to cash in on his box office prowess by greenlighting a Hawkeye movie in the future. You never know.
WB is cashing in on the Hawkeye future hit with their own Arrow TV pilot.

Disney Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #27
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
Chewy, this raises quite an interesting question that Iíve wondered about for a while - Do Disney leave Marvel Studio's to run their business as they see fit? Or will they intervene when it comes to talent negotiations?

Marvel are well known to low-ball talent. Rennerís hot property and Marvel are lucky to have him Ė But Universal & Paramount wonít hold back on getting him back for Mission & Bourne respectively. Disney certainly donít hold back on their other big franchises like Depp etc.

Think weíll find out soon enough. It'll be interesting to see what happens post-Iron Man 3 with Downey's contract.
I think that's the wrong question. In my mind the question would be, what happens to an independent studio when a budget gets out of control and then a movie underperforms slightly, vs when the same happens under a huge blanket company like Disney.

I think the fear of a total studio collapse is basically gone under the Disney banner, especially if Avengers gets close to/surpasses a billion $.

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #28
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
I think that's the wrong question. In my mind the question would be, what happens to an independent studio when a budget gets out of control and then a movie underperforms slightly, vs when the same happens under a huge blanket company like Disney.

I think the fear of a total studio collapse is basically gone under the Disney banner, especially if Avengers gets close to/surpasses a billion $.
That's the glass is half full way of looking at it -- I'm a glass half empty kind of a guy

Ultimately, it never hurts to have a billion dollar corporation behind you.

SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:55 PM   #29
Disney Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSAINT View Post
That's the glass is half full way of looking at it -- I'm a glass half empty kind of a guy

Ultimately, it never hurts to have a billion dollar corporation behind you.
Mars Needs Mom cost $150 million to make but only made in $39 million, but that didnt faze Disney.

Having a company like Disney is a huge blanket speaketh the Disney Man . If that happened to a smaller newer studio like Marvel it wouldve been disaster!

Disney Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #30
Pink Ranger
I got magic to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Man View Post
Mars Needs Mom cost $150 million to make but only made in $39 million, but that didnt faze Disney.
That ... movie ... cost $150 million to make?

Notice to all Hype members: Put down your phone and/or game controller right now and pick up a copy of The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon. A must-read for anybody who visits this website.
Pink Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #31
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Has anybody mentioned how amazing he looked in the Super Bowl trailer?

Old 02-10-2012, 03:46 PM   #32
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
That ... movie ... cost $150 million to make?
Yeah, MNM was the biggest bomb of the year. I'm sure some heads were rolled in the aftermath of that fiasco.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:37 PM   #33
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

Should be good to see him in more movies. When he tells Tom Cruise 'we all have our secrets' in MI: GP, I was all like 'YOU'RE WORKING FOR SHIELD!!'

IronGirl299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #34
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Renner's stock has skyrocketed as of late. If they decide to do a Hawkeye origin flick, he'll be the one they want.
I noticed people think Marvel is snubbing their noses at the stars of their movies. I don't believe that is the case (Robert Downy Jr is without a doubt, their biggest star, and I don't see them letting him go anytime soon) now, there seems to be a beef with Norton and Howard, but I also read that they are difficult to work with. Jeremy Renner has been known, up and down all aspects of the acting world, to be a really great guy to work with, so I highly doubt Marvel is going to let him go for some petty reasons. If you're a team player, you stay, you start turning into an insufferable, greedy know it all, you get the boot, no matter who you are.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #35
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretNerdGirl View Post
Has anybody mentioned how amazing he looked in the Super Bowl trailer?
Depends on by what you consider amazing. I thought he looked incredibly badass. But if you mean Renner's looks, then no (I don't live that lifestyle ).

Old 02-16-2012, 07:59 AM   #36
Chewy
REDACTED

It's funny reading through Youtube comments from people who obviously have only watched the movies, mentioning how Hawkeye looks like the strong, silent type. Bet they're in for a surprise

Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #37
lixdexia
Blood Angels

Quote:
It's funny reading through Youtube comments from people who obviously have only watched the movies, mentioning how Hawkeye looks like the strong, silent type. Bet they're in for a surprise
hahaha, oh misinformed people...

here's hoping smartass hawkeye is the breakout character of the movie and they don't let ironman get all the good lines.

dictated, not read.
lixdexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #38
marcvader
Lurker #1

They need to give him a line in the next trailer.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 AM   #39
Chewy
REDACTED

I just hope he's really douchey to the Big Three, at least early on

That can't be too much to ask

Old 02-16-2012, 08:39 AM   #40
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Quote:

Yea snarky hawkeye is a must

DOOZlovesBOOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:02 AM   #41
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:

I read Whedon said that the Avengers had to learn to work together despite their initial doubts about each other, and I hope both Hawkeye and BW will do it as well. It's only natural since they've been in SHIELD for a long time, and now they have to accept a few rag-tag members to the team who aren't really committed. I don't want them to just be obedience soldiers following orders; I want them to have have a personality and push back aggressively.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #42
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
*shudders at the thought of Hawkeye being silent*

I have a thing for wisecracking characters & I'll be heavily disappointed with this movie if Hawkeye doesn't joke around.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #43
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Hawkeyes personality is what I like about the character so much. I'm certain Whedon won't mess it up

Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #44
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I read Whedon said that the Avengers had to learn to work together despite their initial doubts about each other, and I hope both Hawkeye and BW will do it as well. It's only natural since they've been in SHIELD for a long time, and now they have to accept a few rag-tag members to the team who aren't really committed. I don't want them to just be obedience soldiers following orders; I want them to have have a personality and push back aggressively.
Well that and I think someone mentioned in one of those articles that since Hawkeye is one of the two human perspectives of the group, that he gets to show on how he, along with BW, are initially hesitant towards Fury bringing in all of these powerhouses and egos into SHIELD.

I wonder, given on how both Tony and Hawkeye have such rebellious natures from what I heard in the comics and other adaptations, can someone tell me on what distinctly separates the two in terms of their personalities alone? What makes them unique in that sense I mean.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #45
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well that and I think someone mentioned in one of those articles that since Hawkeye is one of the two human perspectives of the group, that he gets to show on how he, along with BW, are initially hesitant towards Fury bringing in all of these powerhouses and egos into SHIELD.

I wonder, given on how both Tony and Hawkeye have such rebellious natures from what I heard in the comics and other adaptations, can someone tell me on what distinctly separates the two in terms of their personalities alone? What makes them unique in that sense I mean.
I'm wondering the same thing. Tony wasn't always a wisecracking comical character, so the differences between him and Hawkeye were more distinctive. I'm curious to see how different their personalities will be in the movie since Stark's now seen as more of a wisecracker which is just like Hawkeye.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:05 PM   #46
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'm wondering the same thing. Tony wasn't always a wisecracking comical character, so the differences between him and Hawkeye were more distinctive. I'm curious to see how different their personalities will be in the movie since Stark's now seen as more of a wisecracker which is just like Hawkeye.
Yeah, just another reason to believe they'll marginalize Hawkeye right on out the door. Hawkeye was *the* smart-ass of the Avengers team; Tony was nothing like that in the comics. Yet RDJ created that persona for Stark in the movies, and now Clint's trademark quips and sarcasm will play second fiddle to that.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:54 PM   #47
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, just another reason to believe they'll marginalize Hawkeye right on out the door. Hawkeye was *the* smart-ass of the Avengers team; Tony was nothing like that in the comics. Yet RDJ created that persona for Stark in the movies, and now Clint's trademark quips and sarcasm will play second fiddle to that.
If RDJ had never created that persona and acted more like his comic book self, do you think people would like the character as much? I never really found Stark likable as a person until the wisecracking aspect was added. It'll be interesting to see how Stark and Clint play off of each other with their comedic personalities. The thing is having them seem distinctively different while they both play similar roles (comedic relief). Maybe Clint's sense of humor is going to be dry and sarcastic as opposed to Tony's witty and upbeat style, idk but something needs to set them apart.

On a side note, it'll also be interesting to see how Spidey's sense of humor in his movie differs from Iron Man's and Hawkeye's.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #48
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Havent seen a single photo of hawkeye looking anything but mister serious.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #49
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Yeah, but then again we really haven't seen much of Hawkeye at all.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #50
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
No, but in his brief cameo in Thor, he was making smart ass remarks. And, we've seen very little of Hawkeye so far in The Avengers. Can't tell what is going on by a handful of photos, and what, 2 or 3 seconds of screen time in the trailers?

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote