The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 02-20-2012, 03:30 AM   #51
irapogi
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jeremy Renner is Hawkeye! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
If RDJ had never created that persona and acted more like his comic book self, do you think people would like the character as much? I never really found Stark likable as a person until the wisecracking aspect was added. It'll be interesting to see how Stark and Clint play off of each other with their comedic personalities. The thing is having them seem distinctively different while they both play similar roles (comedic relief). Maybe Clint's sense of humor is going to be dry and sarcastic as opposed to Tony's witty and upbeat style, idk but something needs to set them apart.

On a side note, it'll also be interesting to see how Spidey's sense of humor in his movie differs from Iron Man's and Hawkeye's.
Watch Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. Renner's character had comedy cos he wasn't used to the field work as much as the other agents. his humor was like what you said, dry, sarcastic, and situational.

irapogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:33 AM   #52
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I guess they could go about it where Hawkeye is presented as the cynical, dry witted, sarcastic person versus Tony being a eccentric and narcissistic character lost in his own world at times.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:09 AM   #53
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I know being a "wise ass" is a big part of Hawkeye's personality but I think it should be more dry witted because I think RDJ's Tony fills in the "wise ass" position.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #54
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irapogi View Post
Watch Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol. Renner's character had comedy cos he wasn't used to the field work as much as the other agents. his humor was like what you said, dry, sarcastic, and situational.
Yeah, I loved him in Ghost Protocol. I wouldn't have a problem if he acted similar to how he did in that movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #55
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

He was great in that movie. I got alot of laughs from some of his lines

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #56
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Havent seen a single photo of hawkeye looking anything but mister serious.
Eh, we haven't seen him in any shots where he's not doing something serious. It looks like he's about to get onto a ship with Cap & Widow in that last shot.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #57
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I know, we havent seen enough of him to determine what his attitude will be like. I was just noticing

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #58
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
He was great in that movie. I got alot of laughs from some of his lines
Yeah, like when Simon Pegg's character got the code name, Pluto, and he was going on why he was named after Pluto, that's not even a planet anymore, and then Renner's Brandt just had to say it, "There's always Uranus!"

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:20 PM   #59
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I know being a "wise ass" is a big part of Hawkeye's personality but I think it should be more dry witted because I think RDJ's Tony fills in the "wise ass" position.
I would love to see them go back and forth in a scene or two. Talking a little bit of **** to each other.

Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:14 AM   #60
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Its little moments like those that I'm most excited for. I loved seeing thor speak to coulson who had already spoken to tony stark. Cant imagine the main heroes having back and forths with eachother

Old 02-24-2012, 08:25 AM   #61
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
If RDJ had never created that persona and acted more like his comic book self, do you think people would like the character as much? I never really found Stark likable as a person until the wisecracking aspect was added. It'll be interesting to see how Stark and Clint play off of each other with their comedic personalities. The thing is having them seem distinctively different while they both play similar roles (comedic relief). Maybe Clint's sense of humor is going to be dry and sarcastic as opposed to Tony's witty and upbeat style, idk but something needs to set them apart.

On a side note, it'll also be interesting to see how Spidey's sense of humor in his movie differs from Iron Man's and Hawkeye's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

If anyone has ever watched the TV series "Suits", that's how they could distinguish the personalities and humour. Tony would be more like Harvey Spector's humour (which is more wise ass) while Hawkeye's would be more douchey like Louis Litt's. Hawkeye should generally be not that likeable, but because he says such obnoxious and funny things, you can't help but like him.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #62
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Anybody see Renner in The Town? I thought he had some witty, but sarcastic sense of humor in that movie. The littlest things in that movie had me in stitches. The "Here, take this one, he's a real Gem", and of course, "there goes college soccah!" I have faith Hawkeye is going to be well portrayed.

Old 02-27-2012, 09:48 PM   #63
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Man, it's going to be epic to finally see Clint on the big screen. Well, in a full role that is. Though, I did geek out when I found out that Hawkeye had a bigger cameo in Thor than what was already shown.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #64
Chewy
REDACTED

With no lines in trailer 2 I am now officially hoping we get no Hawkeye lines at all until the movie premieres. Let the average film-goer be surprised with his intense awesomeness

Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:03 PM   #65
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I hope they did something special with his character.

Old 02-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #66
SuperSAINT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
With no lines in trailer 2 I am now officially hoping we get no Hawkeye lines at all until the movie premieres. Let the average film-goer be surprised with his intense awesomeness
A-men to that, mate. Here's hoping he doesn't spend the whole movie possessed by Loki. Feige said in Empire that he may even steal the movie so I've got high-hopes they're saving his best moments.

That shot of him firing the arrow whilst falling is still one of my favourite shots.

SuperSAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:16 PM   #67
PowerPacked
Banned User

Quoting from other thread:

Quote:
just realized something incredibly awesome about how Whedon's handling the character development:

You know the scene in the trailer when Natasha tells Hawkeye "This is nothing that we ever trained for?"

That's probably her comforting him over the whole mind-control thing.

So this film is definitely going to have some great character moments.

PowerPacked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #68
RocknJock
Banned User

Renner was AWESOME as "Dahmer" too.

But in the Avengers, that costume is too un-intentionally hilarious. So cheesy.

RocknJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #69
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

So im guessing hawkeye kills selvig, has this already been suggested?

Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #70
Ecstasy
Por Que Serio?

A lot of people on YouTube/IMDB/everywhere are doubting Hawkeye's abilities and especially his choice of weapon against enormous aliens.

The only way to send a giant FU to said people is to have Hawkeye take down Jörmungandr.

[my opinion]

Ecstasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #71
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Lot of talk about Thor or Hulk being the one to stop the Leviathan but I wonder if maybe it has a small weak point that only a world class marksman can it.....

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #72
irapogi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstasy View Post
A lot of people on YouTube/IMDB/everywhere are doubting Hawkeye's abilities and especially his choice of weapon against enormous aliens.

The only way to send a giant FU to said people is to have Hawkeye take down Jörmungandr.

[my opinion]
I kind've agree.
I remember reading somewhere from early reports and screenings that hawkeye was the breakout character. I dunno why, but i got excited. Hope he's awesome

irapogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #73
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Lot of talk about Thor or Hulk being the one to stop the Leviathan but I wonder if maybe it has a small weak point that only a world class marksman can it.....
True. In LOTR, we not only had one, but several instances where the smaller/weaker had the edge of taking down the enemies. One was of course Frodo, but then there was also Eowyn who took down the Witch King, somebody not even the great Gandalf, who did have magical powers, couldn't do.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #74
Nightwing 52
Things change

I actually like the idea the idea of having Hawkeye not say anything until the film premieres. It would go well with reports of him being a scene stealer and the fact that this will be his legit debut on screen. We've seen what everyone else can do but him...so as a big Clint fan I love the idea of him being a dark horse and shine in whatever scene he's in.

Renner, make me proud.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:56 PM   #75
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Renner looks like he is going to rock in the bourne legacy. I think he will have a good guy/bad guy role in the avengers.

Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote