Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 05:51 AM   #876
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I guess that's possible. It's just that there was nothing that i saw in "Thor" that indicated to me that Loki would already have a child in the MCU. Unless they have more issues than he would have with Laufey.lol
That's true, but in the comics there really wasn't anything to indicated that Loki had a daughter until Hela was actually introduced.

It's not like they have a healthy "father/daughter" relationship, to be honest they don't even act like they're related most of the time.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 02-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #877
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

I think the only answer to Loki conceiving Hela and having her be about his age in the timeline is Time Travel. Three years is an awfully long time for Loki to come up with things to keep him amused you know. Who's to say he didn't ride the time stream to the past after leaving the constraints of Asgard and get a Frost Giant female pregnant with Hela. It could be yet another offense Odin could list to hang over Loki's head, the abuse of Time Travel.

Speaking of Odin and Loki, I have a feeling all the death and destruction he'll be causing on Earth in the Avengers will hurt Odin more than Loki realizes. Earth seems to be a favorite place for Odin and for the man he adopted as a son to abuse it the way he most likely will is a very big betrayal of all that Odin hoped to teach Loki about the fragile balance of universal order.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #878
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
I think the only answer to Loki conceiving Hela and having her be about his age in the timeline is Time Travel. Three years is an awfully long time for Loki to come up with things to keep him amused you know. Who's to say he didn't ride the time stream to the past after leaving the constraints of Asgard and get a Frost Giant female pregnant with Hela. It could be yet another offense Odin could list to hang over Loki's head, the abuse of Time Travel.
In the words of Jesus from Family Guy "Ehhh, let's not muddy things up here", Loki is about a thousand years old so he could easily have a daughter who's several centuries old.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:06 AM   #879
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

There are some things that I'd definitely like to see explored before Thor's franchise is done:

1. How does Thor deal with the fact that he'll most likely outlive all of his newly acquainted comrades from Earth (the Avengers) or any mortal that he may have befriended?

2. Man, I really want to see Thor's Earthly Origins (Elder God) explored. I think the concept alone that half of his heritage is that of a Elder God could really be exciting to see if done right.

3. Thor finally becoming King

4. Siege of Asgard; I want it to be on the scale of how Peter Jackson showed the Minas Tirith being attacked by Sauron

5. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Thor have some kind of special destiny when it comes to that "Ragnarok" ordeal? I'd definitely like to see that as well.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:16 AM   #880
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Unfortunately, Thor dies in Ragnarok... However, his two sons, Magni and Modi, survive it.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:22 AM   #881
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Unfortunately, Thor dies in Ragnarok... However, his two sons, Magni and Modi, survive it.
Really? I could have sworn that i read a description saying that Thor is the only one that ends up surviving that and that in the past Ragnaroks, he would always be the one to survive it and end up being put into a deep sleep afterwards. Damn Wiki's.lol

Old 02-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #882
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Really? I could have sworn that i read a description saying that Thor is the only one that ends up surviving that and that in the past Ragnaroks, he would always be the one to survive it and end up being put into a deep sleep afterwards. Damn Wiki's.lol
I find it interesting how Balder's death initiates the events leading to Ragnarok but Thor's survival is basically the big ol' reset button. Loki thought he had it bad, imagine being Balder.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:20 PM   #883
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
That's myth Odinson, not continuity. Thor should never ever be bound by it. Its so limiting. If Stan had created an adaptation we'd have a violent, ginger hothead.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:29 PM   #884
Gamma Burst
Banned User

I know that, 04nbod. I just thought herolee was talking about the Myth.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:06 PM   #885
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
There are some things that I'd definitely like to see explored before Thor's franchise is done:

1. How does Thor deal with the fact that he'll most likely outlive all of his newly acquainted comrades from Earth (the Avengers) or any mortal that he may have befriended?

2. Man, I really want to see Thor's Earthly Origins (Elder God) explored. I think the concept alone that half of his heritage is that of a Elder God could really be exciting to see if done right.

4. Siege of Asgard; I want it to be on the scale of how Peter Jackson showed the Minas Tirith being attacked by Sauron

5. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Thor have some kind of special destiny when it comes to that "Ragnarok" ordeal? I'd definitely like to see that as well.
I definately would like to see all of those things before the end of this franchise, especially the Siede of Asgard and Thor becoming King.

Also whenever Thor finds out about his Elder God heritage I would like to see him utilize his ability to create chasms in the Earth.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #886
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

Quote:

This could a really exciting plot device in that THOR learning that Frigga is not his real mother leads to an estrangement between himself and Odin. This could then cause THOR to abandon Asgard and choose Midgard as his new home. I would love to see that movie end (final scene) with THOR floating high above Earth and loudly declaring:

"This realm is now under my protection!"

Old 02-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #887
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
This could a really exciting plot device in that THOR learning that Frigga is not his real mother leads to an estrangement between himself and Odin. This could then cause THOR to abandon Asgard and choose Midgard as his new home. I would love to see that movie end (final scene) with THOR floating high above Earth and loudly declaring:

"This realm is now under my protection!"
Thumbs up to this.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:06 PM   #888
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

After avengers, i really need to find one of those "CLICK" remotes so i can fast forward time. I CAN'T WAIT for an epic Thor journey. I really want them to delve deep into the realms. As much as i love the first movie, i want the the setting for THOR 2 to be the opposite of the first. LESS midgard, MORE realms. Thor just has so much to offer.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #889
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
After avengers, i really need to find one of those "CLICK" remotes so i can fast forward time. I CAN'T WAIT for an epic Thor journey. I really want them to delve deep into the realms. As much as i love the first movie, i want the the setting for THOR 2 to be the opposite of the first. LESS midgard, MORE realms. Thor just has so much to offer.
True! I hope we forget a bit about Midgard in the sequel. Let the focus be, for the most part, on Asgard and other realms.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:40 PM   #890
steintym
Stay Frosty

I don't know, I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the mix (Earth and Asgard) we got in Thor. I'd like some of the other realms explored, but I also like seeing Thor be a hero on Earth. In fact, since he was powerless most of his time on Earth, i'd like to see him with his full powers this go around. Maybe the Avengers will get me my fill.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:41 PM   #891
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
I don't know, I'm probably in the minority, but I liked the mix (Earth and Asgard) we got in Thor. I'd like some of the other realms explored, but I also like seeing Thor be a hero on Earth. In fact, since he was powerless most of his time on Earth, i'd like to see him with his full powers this go around. Maybe the Avengers will get me my fill.

I want more Midgard, too....but I don't want to see a depowered Thor wandering aimlessly around a podunk desert burg in New Mexico this time around. Take the action to Scandinavia, where it's appropriate; and/or a big city for some street-smashing action.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #892
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I want more Midgard, too....but I don't want to see a depowered Thor wandering aimlessly around a podunk desert burg in New Mexico this time around. Take the action to a big city for some street-smashing action.
This is exactly why I want Thor 3 to be a mix of Earth and Asgardian realms, because while Thor unleasing in Asgard is awesome I still want to see some proper street smashing action in the big city.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:54 AM   #893
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

I wonder if we'll ever get to see something like this in the Thor franchise; let alone in Thor 2:

Old 02-18-2012, 05:27 AM   #894
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I wonder if we'll ever get to see something like this in the Thor franchise; let alone in Thor 2:

I don't know about Thor 2 because we would just be coming off of two films with Loki as the main villain, I say save it for Thor 3.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:56 AM   #895
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I don't know about Thor 2 because we would just be coming off of two films with Loki as the main villain, I say save it for Thor 3.
For Thor 2 I would go with Thanos as the main villain, but Loki's activities from the Avengers needs to be properly addressed. Loki should not be totally excluded from the movies though since he is an Asgardian prince. I'd have Thanos be the direct cause of Loki's new, aggressive attitude. If Thanos is as ruthless as you comic fans state I'm sure Loki encountered him and has been on the receiving end of some beat downs and physical torture from him while he was in self exile. Maybe even have Thanos blackmail Loki into helping him get the Infinity Gauntlet from Odin's armory, maybe Loki committing one sin to prevent an even worse one?

Old 02-20-2012, 08:02 AM   #896
Crimson King
Throwing shade

I love Thanos, but he needs to be an Avengers villain. I wouldn't mind some hint of him in the after-credits scene, though.

Recent guest appearances on The Hodgepodge Podcast to discuss 75 years of Batman and CA:TWS
Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 AM   #897
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ True, I say have Malekith as the main villain in Thor II with Amora and Executioner as his cohorts with Loki playing a more "behind the scenes role".

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 02-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #898
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ True, I say have Malekith as the main villain in Thor II with Amora and Executioner as his cohorts with Loki playing a more "behind the scenes role".
Agreed. Thor has too good of a rogues gallery to not take advantage of.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #899
Gamma Burst
Banned User

I wonder if Malekith is significantly higher than Enchantress in sorcery department.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #900
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Agreed. Thor has too good of a rogues gallery to not take advantage of.
Yeah Thor's rogues gallery is up there with Superman and Spider-Man's, I hope they take advantage of that in these films.

Quote:
I wonder if Malekith is significantly higher than Enchantress in sorcery department.
It's hard to tell because they use their abilities differently, quite different actually.

Encantress uses her powers in a more flashy manner like energy attacks and force fields while Malekith uses his to augument his strength, shapeshift, or use magical relics.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Closed Thread