The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

View Poll Results: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel?
Ultron 77 33.92%
Kang the Conqueror 15 6.61%
The Masters of Evil 30 13.22%
Thanos 88 38.77%
Count Nefaria 1 0.44%
Korvac 2 0.88%
Graviton 4 1.76%
Grim Reaper 0 0%
Grandmaster 1 0.44%
Other 9 3.96%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #51
Lord
All Mighty

Default Re: Who should be the villain in an Avengers sequel? (Poll)

I liked Civil War, but for something like that to happen there should be more heroes, and heroes whose identities are not known to the public yet. By the way, i heard Anihilation being mentioned a lot of times, is it that good? What was the main story about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:34 PM   #52
The Morningstar
Banned User

It's probably the best comic book event Marvel has ever done.

Main gist of it is, Annihilus, who is Lord of the Negative Zone brings his army to the 616 universe to conquer it. Destroying the entire Nova Corps as his opening attack. He wants to capture Galactus and his Heralds so he can find a way to use the power cosmic. Thanos aligns himself with Annihilus and sets about aiding him in finding a way to use the power cosmic.

Rich Ryder, last Nova alive, takes on the entire power of the Nova Force, basically making him Thor level in terms of power, maybe above it.

To cut a long story short, it's just epic. You've got Silver Surfer fighting Annihilus' top soldiers in battles that destroy planets and open up black holes. You've got Galactus getting captured (yes that's right) and turned into what basically amounts to a universe destroying bomb. Annihilus basically eats Quasar. You've got the Kree and the Skrulls fighting against Annihilus invasion forces (the entire Skrull galaxy gets wiped out, which is why they began their "Secret Invasion"). You've got Drax the Destroyer going all Rambo on literally an entire army of space bugs.

Ah man you should just read it. Everyone who is a fan of superhero comics should read it.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #53
roach
I am the night

depends on where the Annihilus rights are

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #54
The Morningstar
Banned User

Yea, it's probably impossible to do without the F4 rights back.

Old 02-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #55
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerrilla View Post
I hear ya, but i'd still follow and go see an avengers movie #6 if it was carefully crafted with good reasons for heroes like ironman and thor to be absent and other heroes to fill their shoes. Black panther, the pyms, vision...it could work out and keep me more than a bit interested. Just saying...there is a lot of potential.
Yeah it is, but that would be like having a Justice League movie without Batman and Green Lantern meaning it could work but it just wouldn't feel right.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:44 AM   #56
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Well, I'd only want that many movies if they are going to continue making quality, the second they feel like they don't have to live up to what they've previously done they should stop.

That being said, I don't think that'd be the case, by the time a 6th movie rolls around their universe would be so firmly established I'd have no problem if they wanted to introduce Alternates to the original team. Whether they don't have them for that movie, or they "retire" -IM for example- from active avenging (still with his solo adventures still i'd hope) I think it could be done.

It's all about execution. I'm sure it could be done in a satisfactory way if they wanted to go that route.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:42 PM   #57
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Well, I'd only want that many movies if they are going to continue making quality, the second they feel like they don't have to live up to what they've previously done they should stop.

That being said, I don't think that'd be the case, by the time a 6th movie rolls around their universe would be so firmly established I'd have no problem if they wanted to introduce Alternates to the original team. Whether they don't have them for that movie, or they "retire" -IM for example- from active avenging (still with his solo adventures still i'd hope) I think it could be done.

It's all about execution. I'm sure it could be done in a satisfactory way if they wanted to go that route.
I wouldn't have a problem with it, I just wouldn't see those films because Iron Man and Thor are a HUGE part of the reason I'm so excited for The Avengers in the first place.

It's not that I would have anything against that decision, it just would be taking away a big part of the reason I'm drawn to these film. Now that I think about it I still might see them though, if the movies look interesting enough.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 02-27-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:46 PM   #58
The Morningstar
Banned User

Maybe in later movies or perhaps IM3 Stark becomes Director of SHIELD? Could be a good way to keep him involved in a less physical role.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #59
kedrell
Aacha,cha,cha&InkaDinkaDo

Well since the 3 top choices are Kang, Ultron and Thanos and TA1 is about an invasion from space and/or the 9 Realms/Asgardian dimension we probably don't want more alien invasion stuff for TA2. Thanos is obvious for a big universal threat in TA3 so that just leaves what to do with Kang and Ultron. I see both as significantly different from Loki and his plot in TA1. We've seen invasion stuff before but I don't think we've really ever seen much of the idea about an invasion not from other worlds but from our own future. That's what makes Kang different for starters. Then Ultron, well we've seen machines vs. man before but not with superheroes. So that's his way in, as it were. But I think there may possibly be a way to have them both in TA2 and have it work out. Maybe Kang travels back in time because of something Ultron does that alters history unnaturally or whatever. I think you'd pretty much still need an object of power like the Cosmic Cube to be able to unnaturally alter history so as to get Kang's attention. Perhaps they could have that set up somewhere within TA1(since the Cube is definitely in that movie). I dunno, I'm rambling.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #60
The Morningstar
Banned User

Interesting ideas. I like the idea of Kang featuring because of something that may have occurred in Avengers that distorts the time-line, so Kang comes back in time to amend it, or perhaps take advantage of it.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #61
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
I like the idea of Kang featuring because of something that may have occurred in Avengers that distorts the time-line, so Kang comes back in time to amend it, or perhaps take advantage of it.
Maybe the Cosmic Cube'll get damaged and throw something off. Who should play Kang if he is tabbed as the big bad for TA2?

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #62
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I think Ultron and Kang are too important to share a film with each other, I think it should be one or the other and I'm leaning towards Ultron for A2.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:48 AM   #63
sauronthegreat
Side-Kick

My personal scenario would be:

Avengers 2 - Kang the Conqueror

Avengers 3 - Ultron

Avengers 4 - Thanos

sauronthegreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 12:52 PM   #64
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauronthegreat View Post

Avengers 3 - Ultron

Avengers 4 - Thanos
One could only dream my friend! i would love to see all three of those villains also, but i have my doubts for how long this whole comic book movie era will last and if we will ever get an avengers 4. I hoe you're right, it would make my one happy fan.

DOOZlovesBOOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:17 PM   #65
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by sauronthegreat View Post

Avengers 3 - Ultron

Avengers 4 - Thanos
I like your choices. I would put Ultron in 2 and Kang on 3....just seems an indestructible death robot seems a step down from an inter dimensional world conqueror

You can't judge a film's screenplay until you read the screenplay.
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #66
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I like your choices. I would put Ultron in 2 and Kang on 3....just seems an indestructible death robot seems a step down from an inter dimensional world conqueror
I agree, I'd put Ultron as the villain in number two but other than that I thought his list was pretty great.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #67
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
The epilogue to the Avengers should feature Parker Robbins finding a red cloak, perhaps a discarded object from Odin's throne room, stolen by Loki.. and so..
Ugh, the Hood's a terrible villain in the comics. He'd be even worse as a movie villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackheart View Post
Nobody, but Thanos!
Yeah, but then who'd be the villain in Avengers 3? There's literally no topping him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Yeah Loki's going to make a deal with him in The Avengers and he's going to be the one to supply Loki with an army.
Wow, I seriously hope you're just theorizing and not basing that off any legitimate sources, because the idea of Thanos "lending" an army to Loki or anyone else is just silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
Not necessarily. The thing is I want the Pyms set up prior to Ultron. I also think Ultron taking over all of the worlds computer systems and elecronics giving him access to the worlds defenses and infrastructure is huge therefor on par with Thanos. So to answer your question, I don't feel he's a step down. I would also love to see Kang too but I'd leave him for a forth installment.
...you think Ultron taking over the worlds computer systems is on par with Thanos? Thanos became omnipotent more than once. He once murdered half the population of the entire universe. He recently murdered ALL life in another universe. In comparison to that, taking over the computer systems on Earth is so trivial it's not even worth considering.

They're not on par at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Ranger View Post
One of the difficulties of Kang is that his powers and his MO are somewhat more abstract, since they involve time travel. Whereas Thanos can be, if needed, simplified into an invading alien warlord.
Ugh, that'd be terrible. If you're just going to have an alien warlord, then there's no reason to waste Thanos on something so lame. Use Ronan, the Supreme Intelligence, Gladiator, Deathbird, Captain Atlas, the Super Skrull, the Power Skrull, Annihilus, Blastaar, or any number of idiots. Thanos is better than that.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #68
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Ugh, the Hood's a terrible villain in the comics. He'd be even worse as a movie villain.

Yeah, but then who'd be the villain in Avengers 3? There's literally no topping him.
That's what I've been saying, so why not have Ultron as the main villain in Avengers 2 with Thanos being the villain in Avengers 3.

Quote:
Wow, I seriously hope you're just theorizing and not basing that off any legitimate sources, because the idea of Thanos "lending" an army to Loki or anyone else is just silly.
Well I'm not it's been darn near confirmed and it's not that silly considering Loki know's the whereabouts to something Thanos is interested in (Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's chambers).

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:47 PM   #69
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
That's what I've been saying, so why not have Ultron as the main villain in Avengers 2 with Thanos being the villain in Avengers 3.
Agreed. Once you have Thanos there's nowhere you can go but down, and down is not a direction you want to go in when heading into the final chapter of a trilogy.

Quote:
Well I'm not it's been darn near confirmed and it's not that silly considering Loki know's the whereabouts to something Thanos is interested in (Infinity Gauntlet in Odin's chambers).
Confirmed how and from where? Because every report I've heard has said that there's no mention of Thanos anywhere in the movie, nor does he make an appearance. Sure, he could be in an after-credits scene, but where Loki got his army is a pretty major plot point which would more than likely be explained in the body of the film itself instead of being left to a 30 second after the credits scene.

Moreover, if Thanos wanted the Cosmic Cube, he'd go get it himself. He certainly wouldn't trust Loki of all people to get it for him (And yeah, while he might want the Infinity Gems more, that doesn't mean that the Cosmic Cube's useless. He could absolutely use it to make it easier to get his hands on the gems).

Old 03-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #70
Lord
All Mighty

I think it should be:

Avengers 2: Ultron (if Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is made before)
Avengers 3: Thanos

After that it's probable that many of the main characters will be recast but that the MCU will continue, but with just different actors, so during that time they can try different things like time travel with Kang, heroes vs heroes like Civil War, or even galactic conflicts like anihilation and secret invasion.

During that time it's also possible that Marvel Studios will have the rights to other heroes, in wich case Phase IV may be the perfect time to introduce them along with reintroducing the old characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #71
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:

...you think Ultron taking over the worlds computer systems is on par with Thanos? Thanos became omnipotent more than once. He once murdered half the population of the entire universe. He recently murdered ALL life in another universe. In comparison to that, taking over the computer systems on Earth is so trivial it's not even worth considering.

They're not on par at all.

On a galactic level Thanos is head and tails above Ultron but with respects to Earth they both destroy you. One does it from the inside in a methodical fashion which lends itself to a more interesting and tangible danger the other goes ok your planet is done with the flick of his finger. The end result in both cases is destruction but one has much more backstory and impact when you consider where the threat originated from.

Twitter- @mrpink13
VARTHA FOR MOD
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:50 AM   #72
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Confirmed how and from where? Because every report I've heard has said that there's no mention of Thanos anywhere in the movie, nor does he make an appearance. Sure, he could be in an after-credits scene, but where Loki got his army is a pretty major plot point which would more than likely be explained in the body of the film itself instead of being left to a 30 second after the credits scene.
I don't remember it's been awhile but I remember it being confirmed that Loki is going to get his army from Thanos as part of a deal, it hasn't been said whether they'll show that in scene in the film or simply have it revealed in the dialogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I think it should be:

Avengers 2: Ultron (if Edgar Wright's Ant-Man is made before)
Avengers 3: Thanos
Bingo

This is my ideal list even though I do still want to see Kang battle against the current Avengers actors, so I'm not sure which one I'd rather see in Avengers 3 out of Kang and Thanos.

I definately want to see Ultron as the main villain Avengers 2 though, there's no doubt in my mind about that whatsoever.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 03-03-2012 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #73
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Ultron is my choice for the sequel. He's the villain I associate most with the Avengers.

Then Kang or Thanos for Avengers 3.

And if anyone thinks that Thanos is the ultimate enemy, then think about Korvac. The Avengers haven't been that close to death against Thanos before. With Korvac, he managed to slaughter almost all of the combined might of the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Korvac's power was meant to make even the celestial beings in the universe quake with fear. Korvac is almost on par with the Beyonder.

But I wouldn't really want Korvac unless you also get the Guardians of the Galaxy and set everything up properly. It's almost far too big a story to handle in a movie.

Nominate your favourite Movie theme of all time for the upcoming tournament: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=469413
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #74
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Ultron is my choice for the sequel. He's the villain I associate most with the Avengers.

I agree 100% with this route, plus Ultron is the villain I associate the most with the Avengers as well because of his ties with Pym.

He's the most "must have" villain to appear in The Avengers franchise because he's almost exclusively an Avengers villains while the other are more universal threats.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-03-2012, 11:15 AM   #75
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post

Agreed. Ultron should definitely be the villain in Avengers 2 (and hopefully he'll be set up in an Ant-Man movie beforehand). It'd be great if Ultron were to try to pull a Skynet and try to create an army of AI's (which'll include The Vision) to take over the world. Kang would also be a great villain to use for Avengers 3 if Thanos is out of the question for whatever reason. He makes for a nice escalation from the threat which Ultron represents.

Quote:
And if anyone thinks that Thanos is the ultimate enemy, then think about Korvac. The Avengers haven't been that close to death against Thanos before. With Korvac, he managed to slaughter almost all of the combined might of the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy. Korvac's power was meant to make even the celestial beings in the universe quake with fear. Korvac is almost on par with the Beyonder.
Well, if we're measuring the size of Thanos's penis versus that of Korvac's penis, then I accept the challenge, because Thanos has a MUCH bigger penis! In The Infinity Gauntlet Thanos had already killed the majority of the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, and numerous other heroes before they even knew what was going on, along with half the universe. When they turned up to attack him, he froze them all and was about to instantly kill them when Mephisto talked him out of it and convinced him that watching him fight them would be a turn on for Death, so Thanos purposefully reduced his power to 1/6th its level to fight them, and he not only beat them, he killed pretty much all of them. With the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos's power wasn't almost on par with the Beyonder... he surpassed the Beyonder. He trounced Galactus, the Celestials, the Stranger, the Inbetweener, Lord Order and Master Chaos, Eon, Death, Mephisto, Mistress Love and Sire Hate, and whoever else I'm forgetting about simultaneously, and then he took on Eternity, the personification of the universe, and won, becoming the personification of the universe himself.

In comparison to Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, Korvac's a piker.