The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 02-23-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Default 12 month prepaid card

So until about a month ago I was paying monthly with a debit card. I bought a 12 month prepaid card Christmas and didn't use it until January 22. Since then I've been getting messages on xbl telling there's a problem charging my card and that I should add a new payment option or update it. That's strange to me because I used a prepaid card, I shouldn't be getting those messages should I?

Well I just signed in and my account has been suspended. I have no problem adding another card on file since updating my current one doesn't seem to work, but I don't want to get charged anything if I do.

I really want to avoid calling customer support so I came here to see if anyone has had this problem as well. If I add a new payment option will I be charged anything or should I absolutely just call them?

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: 12 month prepaid card

Call them just to be safe. When I payed for my 12 months live subscription online through my debit card I made sure to call immediately afterward to tell them that I didn't want them to automatically draw money from my bank account after those 12 months were up. They manually did it and gave me a reference number just in case if they make the mistake of doing it once its up so I can call them back and they put my money back in.

Unfortunately you can't manually do it through the Xbox Live site (despite there being a seemingly available option, it doesn't work) and have to call customer service.

Your issue seems to be even more serious because they suspended your account so I definitely recommend calling the support line.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Turns out the automatic billing is set on a different time zone than where I live so when I entered the code about an hour before midnight it had already been billed.

I just had to pay for that first month that couldn't get billed properly and turned off automatic renewal while I was talking to them.

Thanks for the help.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

No worries. Glad you got it fixed.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote