The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 01-17-2012, 08:27 AM   #26
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: If SM4 were to actually be done ................

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFlash View Post
Childish..... but that is funny.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #27
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

SM4 couldn't have been done and shouldn't have been done. SM3 wrapped every loose end started at the franchise.

Any further sequels would have been forced and/or one offs with crappy villains.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #28
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm still bummed that this movie isn't going to happen :/.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:05 AM   #29
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fixit View Post

- The MJ relationship would be put on the back-burner. I'd either send her away to another country for some reason or essentially bring in Dunst for a glorified cameo. Raimi already spent way to much time on those two.

- Lizard would be the main villain and the ONLY main villain. If another villain were in the movie it would only be a quick battle in the beginning just to establish Spidey's been at it now for a few years and several other freaks have entered the picture since the conclusion of part 3.
I agree with these the most. Let's face it,MJ and Peter were on thin ice after the events of part 3. I think they really needed to step back and take a long look at their relationship,and whether or not they should be together. They should've broken up(at least for now)and focused on fixing their own lives. MJ should've either went to L.A. or Europe to try and pursue acting,while Peter could meet a kindred spirit in Felicia Hardy(the Black Cat). No drama for Spidey/Peter,just having fun with Cat.
The Lizard should've been the no. 1 choice to be the villain in part 4. I have no idea why he wasn't. I kinda feel that Raimi's obsession with the goofy Vulture maybe cost him the series. Let's face it,after Venom was screwed over in 3,and Goblin and Ock were already used,who did Spidey have left as a top baddie? With the exception of the Lizard and possibly Carnage(if Raimi didn't want Venom,there's NO WAY Carnage would've been used)who else is there but 2nd grade villains? Certainly their were better ones than Vulture??
Plus,Peter needed to graduate from college and possibly start having a career outside the Bugle. I also think that Aunt May could've went through a change too. Maybe move on and find a man? I'd love to see Peter's reaction to that!
SO many possibilities for part 4. I still find it sad that we'll never get to see it.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #30
SpaceWay2009
Wall-Crawler

There was nothing more to be done in Raimi's franchise. The stories were left with no where to go. All of the villains had died, except Sandman. But he kind of redeemed himself in the end - at least in the eyes of Spider-Man. The relationship between MJ and Peter was becoming stale. The only thing that could have been done was to introduce new villains. But what other story could be implemented? Bring back Gwen? Introduce new characters for Peter to interact with? Might as well start a reboot to do all of that.

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223
SpaceWay2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:03 PM   #31
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm still bummed that this movie isn't going to happen :/.
Yah....Vulture and Vulturess in one Spidey film would've killed X-Men: First Class in 2011

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote