The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 03-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #51
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Josh Trank to Direct Venom

He just didnt really do anything and got offed really quick. The Church scene was well done.

I was really hoping for a cool web chase through the city between the two.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:19 PM   #52
The Morningstar
Banned User

I agree with SuperFerret. But yea i also agree with you def, I would have loved to have seen a better fight between them. A dragged out brawl swinging through the streets of Manhattan, would have been a great sight to see.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #53
def28
Side-Kick

Man that would have been cool. I remember being so stoked to see that flick. You could have done so many cool creative things with the Venom suit. I was also really disappointed to see him just get disintegrated by a pumpkin bomb with only about 10 min of screen time. So many missed opportunities.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #54
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
He just didnt really do anything and got offed really quick. The Church scene was well done.

I was really hoping for a cool web chase through the city between the two.
Yeah, I think it was done adequately enough up to that point, but I think after he acquires the symbiote and becomes venom it just falls beyond flat. If it wasn't bogged down with Goblin 2 and Sandman it could have been better. The psychological torment Brock could have inflicted on Parker as himself and Spider-Man since he knew his identity could have been golden and added another dimension to the film.

But alas, can't turn back time. One can only wish, whether its brock or flash(hell sony may not use either) that it is executed well.

Here's hopin'.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #55
The Morningstar
Banned User

Really, the scene at the church where Brock is consumed should have been the last we see of him until a pre/post credit sequence. Kinda like how they did it in the toon from the 90s. Setting it up for a whole movie with Venom as the villain.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #56
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Really, the scene at the church where Brock is consumed should have been the last we see of him until a pre/post credit sequence. Kinda like how they did it in the toon from the 90s. Setting it up for a whole movie with Venom as the villain.
Exactly, I thought the SM:TAS was awesome in its portrayal of the whole Symbiote storyline. That would have been most ideal.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:11 AM   #57
Gabe99
Side-Kick

VENOM LIVES
WARNING! THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS HEAVY PLOT SPOILERS SO IF YOU DONíT WANT TO BE SPOILED THEN READ NO FURTHER! IíM NOT KIDDING!
Is Marc Webb Teasing a Familiar Foe on the Amazing Spider-Man Sequel Set?

Gabe99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:20 AM   #58
Mr. Dent
Banned User

If it is the symbiote, I like how Webb is leaving all kinds of little elements around the film for later use. Rhino, Vulture (possibly), the symbiote, MJ. It reminds me of TSSM.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:06 AM   #59
K'Prime
Beast mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
If it is the symbiote, I like how Webb is leaving all kinds of little elements around the film for later use. Rhino, Vulture (possibly), the symbiote, MJ. It reminds me of TSSM.
Hopefully its more TSSM and less SM3

K'Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #60
SlamAdams
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Yeah, I think it was done adequately enough up to that point, but I think after he acquires the symbiote and becomes venom it just falls beyond flat. If it wasn't bogged down with Goblin 2 and Sandman it could have been better. The psychological torment Brock could have inflicted on Parker as himself and Spider-Man since he knew his identity could have been golden and added another dimension to the film.

But alas, can't turn back time. One can only wish, whether its brock or flash(hell sony may not use either) that it is executed well.

Here's hopin'.
I remember the rumors that that awesome shot of Venom in the Church was going to be a cliffhanger ending and we'd get a whole Spidey vs Venom flick afterward. That would have cut out a lot of the fat.

Kathrynn Winnick for Wonder Woman
SlamAdams is offline   Reply With Quote