The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Old 08-07-2011, 12:58 AM   #1
Microchip
Gettin my applesauce back

Default Tips on how to avoid spoilers?

I'm finding it harder and harder to avoid spoilers, and I think this is turning out to be one of the most followed and covered films in recent years.

To see what I mean, go to (or don't) **************. Their front page, spoilerific stories with titles that leave nothing to the imagination. If they've picked up word that Penguin'll be in it, title'll go PENGUIN IN DARK KNIGHT RISES! If they think Catwoman dies, it'll be SPY FOOTAGE REVEALS CATWOMAN DEATH SCENE?!

But that's what I'm coming to expect. What I wasn't expecting is seeing plot details on everything from IGN's main page to MSN news.

Is there anything you're doing to avoid spoiling the movie? I went into the last one pretty devoid of plot details outside of seeing trailers and promo posters, and it was great! I want that experience again!

Microchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:16 AM   #2
Wolf Boy
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tips on how to avoid spoilers?

Then don't visit those site lol.

Wolf Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:29 AM   #3
Microchip
Gettin my applesauce back

I wasn't expecting to see anything too spoilery on IGN. It's really not a problem unless they post it in the title, in which case it's unavoidable and once you've seen it, you cannot unsee it!

Microchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:56 AM   #4
Soapy
It's happening again...

I feel dirty saying this, but if you're concerned about spoilers maybe you should use Batman On Film.

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:53 PM   #5
Fudgie
Banned User

Just don't go into the spoiler forum. 'The will to act' is what you need.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
jehybm

The best course of action would probably be avoiding the internet all together..

jehybm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 03:47 PM   #7
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

I think the Internet should be banned until TDKR première night...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
RetrogradeOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #8
Cain
"...I prefer 'Doc'"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Boy View Post
Then don't visit those site lol.

LOL seriously. Last movie I managed to go into it completely fresh in terms of spoilers cause I avoided reading articles on it until it premiered. I'm doing the same this time around. I'm not even looking at set pictures.

Pull list: Saga, The Manhattan Projects, Thief of Thieves, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Future's End, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corps, Red Lanterns, Swamp Thing, Justice League, Justice League 3000, Justice League United, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, Worlds' Finest, Batman '66, Batgirl, Gotham Academy, Multiversity, X-O Manowar, Unity, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Daredevil, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:30 AM   #9
baTT
Shark Repellent Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by jehybm View Post
The best course of action would probably be avoiding the internet all together..

Ha ha. He has a point there. With the internet these days, mobile updating where it is, we pretty much have to be disconnected to avoid anything. Especially with how well the last film did. The expectations for this movie to perform beyond that are making it even harder to not watch something, or see anything. There are things that I really didn't want to see, but became unavoidable.

Why So Serious Pics LA 4.28.08
baTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:31 AM   #10
Eastfist
Banned User

Th Wink Re: Tips on how to avoid spoilers?

If you don't want to spoil it, don't read the source materials like the original comic books, the movies before Nolan's trilogy, the cartoons, or other movies that have definitely influenced Nolan's interpretation. And most of all, don't read my blog posts regarding my own speculations and spoilers.

Eastfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #11
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Stay away from spoilers section of the boards, and do NOT watch any more Trailers and prologues.

I am thinking of staying away from TDKR trailers till the movies is released, I will just visit Avengers and The Amazing Spider-man forums, besides going to spoiler free section of TDKR.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 02-01-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:53 AM   #12
Frontier
Arkham Asylum Inmate

RE: Tips on how to avoid spoilers?

Go live in a shack in the woods with no tv, internet, phone or radio until the movie is out.

Personally, I find spoilers to be loads of fun. Makes me anticipate seeing things more! And you can never tell what is legit anyway, so any 'spoiler' could be fake until you see the movie, so... *shrug*

Old 02-07-2012, 11:18 AM   #13
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

I started avoiding IGN, some other boards I go to that post freely about spoilers, and even the spoiler section of this site. Yet I got spoiled from Yahoo when I went to go check my mail, it was the front page #1 headline for christ sake. Should the number one story be the whether or not the debt ceiling in our country is gonna be raised or some spy photos of TDKR? Quick run the photos!! Seriously pissed when that happen last year.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #14
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

^^ Standards of journalism are steadily declining in favor of getting more users and need to grab money anyhow.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #15
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

I just don't understand why cant they just post an article with the movie poster as the main picture and in bold letters write (SPOILERS INSIDE!), rather than putting the spoiler image as the main thing or putting the spoiler in the title itself? I just know in the coming months I'll be avoiding the internet all together in fear of reading anything (real or not) about TDKR.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #16
Ant-LOX
Bathman

I was doing a good job of avoiding the spoilers - until Entertainment Tonight showed footage of various film events...

After that, I gave in, now I have a folder of every set photo and various video clips, I even have the chant on my PSP - I'm pathetic.

I am able to blank all of that before the movie though, because in the end - none of the things we see are put together in any order.

Last edited by Ant-LOX; 03-04-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: almost posted spoilers, :(
Ant-LOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #17
gugumugats
SKIDOOOOOSH!!

avoid the internet.

I'm somehow worried that TDKR will be spoiled to me in Comic Con 2012 even though its a week before the premiere (is it?? is it??!!)

Dr. Walter Bishop: Oh - That's too bad. You'll have to shock her heart then.

-FRINGE
gugumugats is offline   Reply With Quote