The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

View Poll Results: Should the Avengers sequel have a smaller feel?
Yes, it should be smaller 13 59.09%
No, keep it epic 3 13.64%
I'm not sure what "smaller" means 6 27.27%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 AM   #76
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: "Smaller" Avengers sequel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't know if he needs that much to be honest. He has that encephalo-ray thing that puts people into a death-like coma, and he also has a molecular rearranger as well as all the other concussive blasts, super strength and speed, invulnerability and flight. He's already sounding like Superman. He just needs a cape now and a "U" on his chest for Ultra (Ultron?) Man.

Giving him too much of an arsenal just seems like overkill.

Sometimes I wish the heroic Ultron Mark 12 survived, as it would be cool to have him as a hero as well.
Yeah but he's taking on a team consisting of extremely powerful heroes like Thor, possibly Hulk, and Iron Man, so having a huge arsenal would make perfect sense.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #77
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well the encephalo-ray can take out Thor and most of the other heroes immediately (provided it hits them) and Ultron is usually able to reprogram Iron Man's armour to use it against him or the others. I'm sure he'd have a pretty big arsenal anyway, but I don't think he needs tons of external paraphernalia just to give the appearance of being armed to the teeth. I prefer his design to be simple and classic and that everything is in the inside.

I like his look like this. It's clean, not too busy and iconic looking.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 03-15-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #78
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Well I guess no one's interested in Ultron's weaponry (lol).
Lasers that shoot from his mouth,eyes or hands.. maybe a cannon that comes out of his arm or something, but I think I'm with Dark Raven. Less is more and nothing that is overly protruding. We don't need War Machine 2 in terms of external Weaponry.

I would love to see a little hand-to-hand combat too..

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:12 PM   #79
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I agree with that immensely. He doesn't need to try and out-Iron Man Iron Man, that's a bit silly. Give him a really epic offensive attack, one that can vaporize humans and knock out Asgardians. Perhaps a focused, destructive, application of Pym Particles or something like that. That'd be cool.

And he definitely needs to lay hands on these guys, as many of them are very phsyical characters. I'd love to see a Robot fighting style, kinda like what they did for Sonny in I, Robot, but with a more T-1000 like brutality and taking advantage of things that only robots can do, like spin their torso and balance in precarious positions.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #80
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I agree with that immensely. He doesn't need to try and out-Iron Man Iron Man, that's a bit silly. Give him a really epic offensive attack, one that can vaporize humans and knock out Asgardians. Perhaps a focused, destructive, application of Pym Particles or something like that. That'd be cool.

And he definitely needs to lay hands on these guys, as many of them are very phsyical characters. I'd love to see a Robot fighting style, kinda like what they did for Sonny in I, Robot, but with a more T-1000 like brutality and taking advantage of things that only robots can do, like spin their torso and balance in precarious positions.
That's the encephalo-ray. He already has that.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #81
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I thought the encephalo ray put people in plastic wrap and erased their memories or something? (Sorry, a bit on the ignorant side here)

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:44 PM   #82
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I thought the encephalo ray put people in plastic wrap and erased their memories or something? (Sorry, a bit on the ignorant side here)
I thought it's practically a death ray. It puts people into a death-like coma and has been used against the likes of Thor and others. As soon as it blasts them they're down for the count (and often thought to be dead). I don't know about any plastic wrap and erasing memories capability.

Old 03-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #83
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Well the encephalo-ray can take out Thor and most of the other heroes immediately (provided it hits them) and Ultron is usually able to reprogram Iron Man's armour to use it against him or the others. I'm sure he'd have a pretty big arsenal anyway, but I don't think he needs tons of external paraphernalia just to give the appearance of being armed to the teeth. I prefer his design to be simple and classic and that everything is in the inside.

I like his look like this. It's clean, not too busy and iconic looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Lasers that shoot from his mouth,eyes or hands.. maybe a cannon that comes out of his arm or something, but I think I'm with Dark Raven. Less is more and nothing that is overly protruding. We don't need War Machine 2 in terms of external Weaponry.

I would love to see a little hand-to-hand combat too..
Yeah but his design in A:EMH was the classic Ultron design and he still had a large arsenal because it was hidden under his armor, nothing was portruding from his body unless he wanted it to.

Quote:
I thought it's practically a death ray. It puts people into a death-like coma and has been used against the likes of Thor and others. As soon as it blasts them they're down for the count (and often thought to be dead). I don't know about any plastic wrap and erasing memories capability.
I'm not a big fan of the encephalo ray though, I'm hoping from more destructive energy attacks and not a fan of attacks that automatically one-shots any character.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 03-15-2012 at 06:15 PM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote