The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #501
MercuryFrost
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Yeah, I just thought it was a little interesting but also odd. All this time I saw her character as being 18-19, perhaps due to her "young" personality. And also in interviews, Jennifer Lawrence has described her as being an "insecure teenager".

Old 10-06-2011, 04:36 PM   #502
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

I had a theory on that...

she was probably on her own for quite some time before Charles found her (uneducated, emotional underdeveloped) so, one might say (in a way) she only started developing at that point under Charles's care (an obviously, Charles only being a kid him self, he could only help her along so, much, until he further educated himself)

so, tho, she may have been physically older, she was mentally an emotional much younger (and given the nature of her power, her body reflected that)

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 10-06-2011 at 04:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:46 PM   #503
MercuryFrost
Side-Kick

That makes sense, also maybe while living with Charles it was just the 2 of them. I was definitely sensing a lack of social interaction with others, at least before she met the other mutants.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:25 PM   #504
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryFrost View Post
Yeah, I just thought it was a little interesting but also odd. All this time I saw her character as being 18-19, perhaps due to her "young" personality. And also in interviews, Jennifer Lawrence has described her as being an "insecure teenager".
We already know from Hank that Raven has a teenager's body, maybe she's got a teenager's hormones and mental state as well.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:35 AM   #505
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
We already know from Hank that Raven has a teenager's body, maybe she's got a teenager's hormones and mental state as well.
Yeah, her age actually threw me a little bit. In the beginning of the film, it looks like little Raven is five or six, and Charles is about 10. So in 1962 (18 years later), she'd have to be at least 23.

I think her attitude was that of an insecure young woman regardless, but she's not that much younger than Charles. She just hasn't found herself yet.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:18 PM   #506
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerial View Post
Yeah, her age actually threw me a little bit. In the beginning of the film, it looks like little Raven is five or six, and Charles is about 10. So in 1962 (18 years later), she'd have to be at least 23.

I think her attitude was that of an insecure young woman regardless, but she's not that much younger than Charles. She just hasn't found herself yet.
According to the following post, she's Charles's age:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryFrost
Something I just realized: The end credits list Mystique as being 10 years old in 1944. If this is so, she would be 28 in 1962.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:43 PM   #507
Nerial
Hopeless Sci-Fi Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelDawes View Post
According to the following post, she's Charles's age:
Hum...interesting. I really thought the little girl was younger; I didn't realize she was around ten.

I'll just make the excuse that she'd wearing a heck of a lot of make-up, so it's hard to tell her age.

Regardless, she has to be AT LEAST 21, being in a bar with Charles at the beginning of the movie. So she's not a teenager; she just looks young.

Old 10-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #508
insane polaris
Side-Kick

Theyre in England at the beginning, so she can be 18 in a bar.

But Im guessing she ages slow as a child as well. so she can be Charles's age but look younger.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #509
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

random question
idk if this has been asked/discussed already, just something I've been thinking about...

but, what do you think would've happened to Mystique if she took the serum with Beast?

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 02-23-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:50 AM   #510
MercuryFrost
Side-Kick

It would've enhanced her mutant cells. Maybe giving her the ability to mimic the powers of others as well as their appearance?

I've also wondered if Beast had never taken the serum, would he have ever gotten his leonine appearance? Would he have gone his whole life with just his prehensile feet while his other genes remained dormant?

Old 03-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #511
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryFrost View Post
It would've enhanced her mutant cells. Maybe giving her the ability to mimic the powers of others as well as their appearance?
even if it did enhance her power to their full potential, I am not sure mimicking powers, is something she would have... I'd think her reaching her full potential would allow her to maybe take on other forums, then just humans, such as taking into animals for example, and perhaps in an enhanced forum or her powers she could take on solid forums (like how in the first x-men movie, when she turns into wolverine, he is still able to cut right through her claws) she instead might be able to mimic the same density of his adamantium

Quote:
I've also wondered if Beast had never taken the serum, would he have ever gotten his leonine appearance? Would he have gone his whole life with just his prehensile feet while his other genes remained dormant?
original in an early draft of x-2, there was suppose to be a scene at the end (while Xavier, was attacking the mind of all the mutants) we were going to see a shot of Hank in his lab/office transforming... do to the strain or what was happening....

so, I think it is someing he does always have dormant inside him, that would of eventually came out in a high stress situation or if pushed beyond his current ability...

Last edited by Spider-Fan83; 03-05-2012 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #512
Project862006
Banned User

all speculation but you knew this was bound to happen
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jenn...ue-and-katniss

Old 03-15-2012, 06:40 PM   #513
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
The thing about Mystique is that she can shapeshift into anyone. That means that Fox should be able to accommodate Jennifer's shooting schedule with the Hunger Games sequel and fit her in at a later stage, because she could spend much of her time as another character.

And on another note, why are all the sexy pics of Jennifer in other threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Any Carolina View Post

Old 03-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #514
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
NOOO! X-Men needs you back, Jennifer!

Old 03-15-2012, 08:41 PM   #515
Project862006
Banned User

lets see play a lead in a gigantic twilgiht level franchise

play a side character in a franchise where you need to be painted naked for like 8 hours

Old 03-15-2012, 11:11 PM   #516
SpitCurl
Side-Kick

Quote:
lets see play a lead in a gigantic twilgiht level franchise

play a side character in a franchise where you need to be painted naked for like 8 hours
I have to agree. I'm probably in the minority here -- and perhaps you can chalk this up to poor character design -- but I just couldn't stand looking at her as Mystique. It could be that her particular features/bone structure don't lend well to the make-up, but, all I could think was "why is this young woman going bald?" That odd receding hairline and... just everything. But, more so than that, her character was just not written as all that interesting.

And, seeing as how she's now switched teams, I think another actress could easily slip into the body paint and portray a colder, more cynical version of Raven with menace and maturity.

Old 03-16-2012, 04:36 AM   #517
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Amber Heard would rock Mystique.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:09 AM   #518
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

I think it would be a shame if she didn't return. But at least the character of Mystique is comparably easy to recast, since the actress is covered up with tons of makeup and it would make sense that Mystique would leave her blond human form behind since that part of her life is over now.

Old 03-16-2012, 05:17 AM   #519
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^True, I would love Jennifer to come back as she is both a good actress and very good to look at, but she could easily be replaced, once that blue make-up is on you can barely tell the difference between her and another actress.

And who's to say Mystique wouldnt take on a more mature natural look either, like, as someone else mentioned, an Amber Heard type.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 03-16-2012, 06:38 AM   #520
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitCurl View Post
I have to agree. I'm probably in the minority here -- and perhaps you can chalk this up to poor character design -- but I just couldn't stand looking at her as Mystique. It could be that her particular features/bone structure don't lend well to the make-up, but, all I could think was "why is this young woman going bald?" That odd receding hairline and... just everything. But, more so than that, her character was just not written as all that interesting.

And, seeing as how she's now switched teams, I think another actress could easily slip into the body paint and portray a colder, more cynical version of Raven with menace and maturity.

Actually, I would have to agree. As much as I like Jennifer Lawrence and think she played a better Raven Darkholme, I think that Rebecca Romijn looks better in the blue make up than Jennifer does. Jennifer looks great when she's in human form, but somehow the blue makeup isn't as flattering on her. Rebecca still managed to look sexy (and I'm talking purely about her face not her body, although that was sexy too) despite looking more "alien". I didn't think that Jennifer's Raven was uninteresting though. Rebecca's version seemed rather wooden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
I think it would be a shame if she didn't return. But at least the character of Mystique is comparably easy to recast, since the actress is covered up with tons of makeup and it would make sense that Mystique would leave her blond human form behind since that part of her life is over now.
Well when Rebecca Romijn played her, she didn't have blonde hair when she reverted back to human form. She usually had black hair. I don't know what that's about. Was Raven supposed to have dyed it? Or was it just a different form she was assuming?

Amber Heard wouldn't be bad, but she ought to have really played Emma Frost.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 03-16-2012 at 06:43 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #521
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Alice Eve should've been Emma Frost.

Amber would be an excellent Mystique.

Jennifer would've been a great Polaris.

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 03-16-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:51 AM   #522
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Shooting this fall Is first I have heard of this.It may be rumor.This would mean coming out In next year and I doudt Fox will release an X-Men film anytime but summer.Inless
they are doing Sentinles and need a longer post production time for summer 2014 release.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:08 AM   #523
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Ok after checking this report started on The Hollywood reporter.So It Is likely true.It also says Fox would likely win since their opotion for her trumpts her hungar games
option.

But the big story here that few are talking about Is the First Class sequel may beguin filming this fall.This suggests they are further along with story and script than we have been led to believe.Is there trouble brewing with The Wolverine.Is there going to major CGI stuff that will require a long post production schedule.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #524
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Some time ago, I heard some talk of filming starting this fall and was very surprised, so much so that I kept it to myself.

But it sounds like it could be the case after all.

I'm beginning to piece together what may be happening but I dare not say what I think is going on, except that a First Class sequel looks like the priority.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #525
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Some time ago, I heard some talk of filming starting this fall and was very surprised, so much so that I kept it to myself.

But it sounds like it could be the case after all.

I'm beginning to piece together what may be happening but I dare not say what I think is going on, except that a First Class sequel looks like the priority.
Funny you say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Lionsgate wants to get filming going on Catching Fire by this Spring, in the event The Hunger Games take off like many expect. Fitting in Lawrence for both that and X-Men: Second Class will be next to impossible since both are gearing up around the same time and both gunning for 2013 releases.

She's signed up for more X-Men, yes, but contracts can (and regularly are) bought out. The only actors I'd say are definite to return are McAvoy and Fassbender personally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Where are you getting these filming and release schedules for the X-Men: First Class sequel? We've not yet heard any commitment to a 2013 release, especially with The Wolverine and Deadpool also on the table to go this year. If they proceed with either or both of those first, then First Class 2 won't get under way for a while, giving Lawrence plenty of availability.
I take it you heard this after I already said that.