The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #526
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

There are 2 possibilties going on here I think.

1:The wolverine Is being axed or Is seriously trouble and the First Class sequel will get the July 26 2013 release.Perhapes Fox anounced that release for The wolverine as cover
for the first Class sequel till they were ready to announce It
2:Fox Is letting matthew Vaughn and Bryan Singer have a larger budget for a storyline that will Involve major CGI work for may 2014 release requiring them to start work earlier.
The sentinles,a major early danger room sequence,and a recreation of the JFK assassination all possibiltys In this sceniro.

Since Jennifer signed up for sequels when she signed up for first Class she will most likely be required to return.I have heard one sceniro mentioned of the hunger games second installment begins filming this summer.They hold off any scenes for mystique till late fall,and jennifer goes straight from finishing her scenes for the next hungur games to starting work as Mystique again.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:37 AM   #527
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique. Introducing this sexy and talented actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Funny you say that. I take it you heard this after I already said that.
I heard it was 'possibly' in the fall at almost exactly the same time as your post, but it was mentioned in a very casual way and that it really wasn't certain when production may take place.

I suspect firm decisions have since been made.

I'm not sure what will happen at this point regarding the potential clash with Hunger Games.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:54 AM   #528
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It would be very Intresting to see what Is going on at Fox with their plans.First Class sequel possibly begins filming In early fall yet little attention Is being payed to this
news.

There Is already some talk that quietly Fox and Liongate are already trying to work It out Jennifer's schedule.There was also a video Interview with Jennifer as part of hunger games Intreviews where before this news started to come out Jennifer said If Mystique Is written Into sequel she would return.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:09 PM   #529
def28
Side-Kick

Im worried about The Wolverine and Deadpool now. If FC2 does have a fall shoot that seems a little rushed no?

I could deal with Mystique being recast in First Class. Fox no doubt will want her back for the Hunger Games popularity but there is no way JL would leave that franchise for First Class.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:24 PM   #530
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Im worried about The Wolverine and Deadpool now. If FC2 does have a fall shoot that seems a little rushed no?

I could deal with Mystique being recast in First Class. Fox no doubt will want her back for the Hunger Games popularity but there is no way JL would leave that franchise for First Class.
God, I hope not. I like to think Fox has learned from previous fiascoes not to rush their movies.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #531
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I heard it was 'possibly' in the fall at almost exactly the same time as your post, but it was mentioned in a very casual way and that it really wasn't certain when production may take place.

I suspect firm decisions have since been made.

I'm not sure what will happen at this point regarding the potential clash with Hunger Games.
You heard it the same time I said it aloud and yet you questioned me... even though you knew it was true since you heard the same info yourself... according to you. Sure.

The Lawrence predicament was always going to rear its head and I'm surprised few saw it coming. Not unlike Ed Norton being dismissed from The Avengers... when Marvel was never going to let him back after the fallout from Incredible Hulk's release.

So far, Fox has nothing locked down for next summer outside of that Wolverine sequel (which could still happen, let's be honest) and, supposedly, the Rise of the Apes follow-up. Thing is they always do this, especially with X-Men. So there should come as no surprise to anyone. Still something is off here.

Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 03-16-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #532
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Convenient.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #533
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
You heard it the same time I said it aloud and yet you questioned me... even though you knew it was true since you heard the same info yourself... according to you. Sure.
It may sound surprising, but it's true. I questioned it because of the certainty of what you were saying, whereas it didn't seem that certain as far as I knew; at that time, Wolverine and Deadpool seemed the priorities.

Quote:
The Lawrence predicament was always going to rear its head and I'm surprised few saw it coming. Not unlike Ed Norton being dismissed from The Avengers... when Marvel was never going to let him back after the fallout from Incredible Hulk's release.
Indeed, it was always possible - but only if First Class 2 swiftly moved ahead.
That possible fall date we heard seemed, to me, highly unlikely to happen because of The Wolverine (which had a release date) and Deadpool (which appeared to be gearing up to get going at last). I couldn't envisage three projects all being juggled around the same time, at the same studio and with some of the same producers. So I thought First Class wouldn't shoot until 2013, despite what I had been told of a possible fall start.

As Lawrence's character is now mutant and proud - ie hidden beneath blue make-up and prosthetics - the actress isn't essential, except perhaps it's an advantage if she brings her Oscar-nominated critical acclaim to the roster.

Quote:
So far, Fox has nothing locked down for next summer outside of that Wolverine sequel (which could still happen, let's be honest) and, supposedly, the Rise of the Apes follow-up. Thing is they always do this, especially with X-Men. So there should come as no surprise to anyone. Still something is off here.
I think they are just getting organised. With three possibilities, they had to start picking and choosing.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #534
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Convenient.
Perhaps, but true. I don't play games. Believe what you will, I have a record of what was said and when, so I know I am right. See my other post for details of why I questioned the fall shoot info.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:54 PM   #535
def28
Side-Kick

Does the Hunger Games sequel have a confirmed release date yet?

Old 03-16-2012, 12:56 PM   #536
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Does the Hunger Games sequel have a confirmed release date yet?
Yes. Catching Fire is out November 22, 2013.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:04 PM   #537
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It may sound surprising, but it's true.
Sure it is.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #538
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes. Catching Fire is out November 22, 2013.
Gotcha thanks.

I would imagine Fox would only be interested in releasing FC2 in Summer, a fall start date wouldnt give them that much time.

Really hope Fox takes the time to get FC2 right, getting Simon Kinberg to script wasnt a good first sign imo. Id also be really surprised if FC2 takes priority over The Wolverine. The films would be released pretty close to eachother if the fall start date is true.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #539
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Perhaps, but true. I don't play games. Believe what you will, I have a record of what was said and when, so I know I am right. See my other post for details of why I questioned the fall shoot info.
The fall shoot info that you questioned that you now claim to have had since it is turning out to be true?

Old 03-16-2012, 01:09 PM   #540
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Sure it is.
I certainly am sure it is. One hundred per cent.

But anyway, I've just heard something else altogether

Old 03-16-2012, 01:11 PM   #541
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
The fall shoot info that you questioned that you now claim to have had since it is turning out to be true?
For God's sake. You keep niggling on. That fall date would appear to be the case if The Hollywood Reporter's article is accurate. That's making the assumption that the article is 100 per cent correct.

But it doesn't tally with what I understand to be happening.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:29 PM   #542
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
For God's sake. You keep niggling on. That fall date would appear to be the case if The Hollywood Reporter's article is accurate. That's making the assumption that the article is 100 per cent correct.

But it doesn't tally with what I understand to be happening.
Wait, so you say that you have known it to be true for a long time...but at the same time it's not what your sources are telling you? You are taking both points even though they are contradictory and saying you know both to be true. It seems to me like you are throwing **** at the wall and hoping something sticks.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:12 PM   #543
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Wait, so you say that you have known it to be true for a long time...but at the same time it's not what your sources are telling you? You are taking both points even though they are contradictory and saying you know both to be true. It seems to me like you are throwing **** at the wall and hoping something sticks.
Not at all. I had heard that they didn't know when FC2 would go into production but it was 'possibly' in the fall of this year. The way it was expressed to me, it was nowhere near as definite as FNJ's post said it was. Especially with Wolverine and Deadpool being much more definite. Personally, I doubted it could go into production this fall because of the Wolverine and Deadpool.

However, if the Hollywood Reporter is right, then it will shoot this fall. But that's assuming they are right.

But I have now - as in today, since we started this discussion - been led to understand something else which would seem to mean THR is not right.

It's difficult to explain all this fully. But I'm not throwing anything at any wall, that's not how I operate. I'm telling you as much as I can without feeling I have said something I shouldn't.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #544
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator

I also knew the entire time, but didn't want to say anything. However, only if the the Hollywood Reporter article is right. If the Hollywood Reporter is not accurate, I didn't know the whole time.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #545
Matt
We Are Hunter Rider!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Not at all. I had heard that they didn't know when FC2 would go into production but it was 'possibly' in the fall of this year. The way it was expressed to me, it was nowhere near as definite as FNJ's post said it was. Especially with Wolverine and Deadpool being much more definite. Personally, I doubted it could go into production this fall because of the Wolverine and Deadpool.

However, if the Hollywood Reporter is right, then it will shoot this fall. But that's assuming they are right.

But I have now - as in today, since we started this discussion - been led to understand something else which would seem to mean THR is not right.

It's difficult to explain all this fully. But I'm not throwing anything at any wall, that's not how I operate. I'm telling you as much as I can without feeling I have said something I shouldn't.

How very cryptic and easy to get out of.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:32 PM   #546
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Round and round we go...

Old 03-16-2012, 02:45 PM   #547
Angamb
Banned User

Michael Fassbender and Jennifer are really becoming the Stars of this new trilogy.

Would like to see a "x-men" to be one of the main stars too. Hopefully a new addition will become a big star after the sequel.

would be nice

Old 03-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #548
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Actually, I would have to agree. As much as I like Jennifer Lawrence and think she played a better Raven Darkholme, I think that Rebecca Romijn looks better in the blue make up than Jennifer does. Jennifer looks great when she's in human form, but somehow the blue makeup isn't as flattering on her. Rebecca still managed to look sexy (and I'm talking purely about her face not her body, although that was sexy too) despite looking more "alien". I didn't think that Jennifer's Raven was uninteresting though. Rebecca's version seemed rather wooden.
I agree with that. Rebecca's supermodel body and bone structure meant she looked good naked and blue. Jennifer doesn't look as good but considering she is playing the character as a young woman, I was okay with that.

Quote:
Well when Rebecca Romijn played her, she didn't have blonde hair when she reverted back to human form. She usually had black hair. I don't know what that's about. Was Raven supposed to have dyed it? Or was it just a different form she was assuming?
In X3, her human form had black hair. Presumably they were trying to show why she was named Raven.

Also, that can't be criticised as such because it came before First Class. What First Class did was decide to give Mystique a human form that was, essentially, how Jennifer Lawrence actually looks. We don't know if that is a form she chooses to take as a disguise or whether it would be how she looked if she were not a mutant.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #549
psyonic
X-Man

I'm just worried that Wolverine is going to appear in FC2 ..

Old 03-16-2012, 03:30 PM   #550
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
I'm just worried that Wolverine is going to appear in FC2 ..
I don't want that either.