The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 03-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #26
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: I can only hope there are plans to include Spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I hope I NEVER see Spiderman or Wolverine on an Avengers roster outside of the comic (that also should have never happened).

Nor should we EVER see either one in the Fantastic Four.
Preach

Old 03-16-2012, 11:18 AM   #27
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

generally, i think having him included in this first avengers film would be a great way to start of the reboot, as a kid that gets inspired by it or something, but there's way too many holes you'd need to fill in order for it too make any sense.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #28
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
In other words stupidity. Still, a movie with Iron Man, and Spider-man in it would break the bank. Easily go over a billion. For that kind of money, the should work it out.
Stupidity how? So mixing the two would make more money than the two separately. How, though? What percentage of that money is solely due to Spider-Man and how much would be solely due to the Avengers? There's no way to accurately split the profits, which means that inevitably SOMEBODY is going to lose money, so why would anyone in their right mind think it'd be a good idea?

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #29
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Because they both would want a bigger slice of the pie, and couldn't come to an agreement.
Because Sony doesn't needs Avengers to make a boatload of money (the previous Spidey franchise outpaced the MCU)
Because Marvel wants to expose characters other than Spider-Man for the future of their brand
Because they stand to make more money by releasing to separate movies that gross 300-500M each, rather than one movie that grosses 400-600M.
Because they don't like each other
what information do you have to prove this???
Sony works with Marvel on Spider-man and get a percentage of the profits. They still have a say in the direction of the films but don't have to pay for anything and get a percentage of the profit.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote