The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 03-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #76
Johnny
Side-Kick

Default Re: 11.1 - Guardian - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Yeah, it's cool we'll finally have a Smallville season without the annoying restrictions. I totally get why DC will restrict them when it comes to Bruce and Diana, but when it came to Smallville, at least in my eyes DC's restrictions never made much sense. They let them bring in huge characters like Darkseid and Doomsday, yet they didn't let them bring someone like Vandal Savage, so they had to change him into Curtis Knox. They didn't let Bart be called Flash, he had to be called Impulse. Lois and Clark couldn't be close for so long because they were "too young". All sorts of little details that in the long run were annoying. Smallville was not connected to the main DC Universe anyway so why would DC want to make the producers do things that are supposed to fit in the comic canon? I'm so glad this issue is over.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:10 PM   #77
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I too hope to see conner and the others show up.

Webhead2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #78
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I kind of hope that we get a comic issue where we actually get to see the final days of Krypton truly explored since they wont' have to worry about budgets and such to display the events in the way that it should be.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #79
Johnny
Side-Kick

Bryan Miller talks S11 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=EVgz3a232JU

Last edited by Johnny; 03-23-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #80
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Nice find there johnny. Nothing to new there that we haven't heard already. But april can not get here any sooner. So we be upon the release(digital) and may for physical book.

Old 03-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #81
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

* Season 11 will likely be revisiting the concept of an all female hero story.

* Writing for the page rather than screen means there’s room for more classic Clark/Lois banter in the comic than Miller was able to include in most episodes of the show.

* Somewhat vague hint Bart might return.

* DC editorial hasn’t been providing BQM with very many restrictions or guidelines. The design of Clark’s Superman costume is one of the few examples of DC getting involved.

* Dan Turpin and Maggie Sawyer will show up in the second “episode” of the comic.

* Frank “the newsstand guy” will be making an appearance.

* There’s is no sign of Cat Grant appearing yet, but it could happen at some point in the future.

* There will be “loads” of Lois and Clark.

* There is a conscious effort to keep Clark in the comic as much as possible. Clark is “front and center.”

* There will be “tons” less angst with Clark now that he's Superman.

* As Superman, Clark can stay behind and shake hands. He can give advice and encouragement. He has a different set of responsibilities. He inspires people.

* The first scene in Week 2 features Clark and Lois catching up while Clark is brushing his teeth. The idea is to make sure the comic presents these characters as “real people.”

* Tess’s death is not something that’s brushed under the rug. It’s definitely something everyone is aware of.

* Clark’s inner circle will struggle with accepting Lex’s claims he’s a new man without any memories, especially since they suspect he killed Tess. However, they are hesitant to do anything about their suspicions out of fear they might expose their own secrets. It’s a very “tricky” situation for everyone.

* Lex possesses instincts that are tied to his past memories, but not specific information about his memories. It’s instinct not information. However, BQM didn’t dismiss the possibility Lex could gather some of this information from newspapers, photos, paintings, etc.

* When asked if Lex would be attempting to reclaim his memories, BQM admitted he would like to reveal more but could not do so without giving away too many spoilers.

* Miller is proud to have written some Chloe dialogue without extensive metaphor and is trying to avoid having Lex quote classic literature like Art of War.

* There’s a fun scene in the first 30 pages that addresses whether or not Clark (not Superman) is on Lex Luthor’s radar.

* There will be a decent amount of Superman/Lex scenes.

* By the time readers get to the end of the first 12 weeks (Episode #1), Chloe and Oliver will be the “in” to the “larger mythology of the season.”

* Green Arrow isn’t as needed as before. Chloe and Oliver are eager to start their married lives together in Star City, but things keep pulling them back to Metropolis. There’s a much larger problem they have to address.

* A “full on” Justice League thing likely won’t be happening until the very end. New characters will be added to the roster throughout the season, though.

* At some point, Martha will come up in part to explain where Shelby is.

* Clark and Lois are still going to be living at their apartment. They’re going to be trying to figure out what to do with all of their wedding presents, since they had to cancel the wedding yet still intend to get married someday.

* The comic has a definite in the city vibe of Metropolis.

* In the comic, BQM hasn’t yet answered the question: do the Kents own the farm? The interviewers remind Miller the farm is still in the family in 2017, according to “Homecoming.” Miller reminds them that because Clark saw his future in “Homecoming,” he may have caused a few ripple effects. So some of the future details of “Homecoming” may be in play.

* Neither Lana, Pete, or Conner will have a story of some kind in Season 11.

* Hank Henshaw will be a former astronaut who will serve partly as a commentary on the current state of the space program.

* Something happens in space that sets things in motion in “Guardian.”

* It’s nice to have Lois’s voice because she can come in and say “this is bunk.” Basically, she’s the voice of the audience.

* There will likely be “flashback” panels to explain past events referenced in the comic.

* It seems one story might recount an event that occurred on the show only it will be told from another point of view. This sort of storytelling advice will likely be used once or rarely.

http://acrosstheairwaves.com/brianQmillerinterview

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #82
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Cool stuff, but I don't like that DC made them change the costume.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #83
Johnny
Side-Kick

Yeah but if there's a storyline explanation it'd be cool. We all know Clark's opinion on tights, capes and trunks and I'm laughing at the very thought of him explaining to Lois why he got rid of the underwear lol.

Old 03-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #84
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Some great stuff there. I too hate in costume change when earth one book still boosts trunks and all. Other details sound great.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:57 PM   #85
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I hope that they decide to follow up on the storyline that was created right before Smallvilled ended, where Toyman had gathered a bunch of supervillians to target each member of the JLA. I want to see that battle come to fruition.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:26 PM   #86
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Well since bqm has mentioned other jlers, and its set a short time after the finale. I would hope he too doesnt forget that little plot.

Marvel and the House of Mouse?
www.ItsJustMovies.com
Old 03-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #87
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
[b]* Season 11 will likely be revisiting the concept of an all female hero story.
I don't like my Superman comics to not feature Superman so I hope there's not gonna be issues where he isn't present.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:03 PM   #88
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

I don't think that will be an issue with what else millar been talking about.

Old 03-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #89
vantheman77
Side-Kick

As far as this all female hero story, I can see Superman having a cameo appearance or two but I can't see him being absent.

The 11th season is shaping up to be better than the 10th season, even though it's in print.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:32 PM   #90
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Dude, after the mess that was season ten, you have nowhere to go but up.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:59 PM   #91
Johnny
Side-Kick

Give me a break. Watch S7 and then tell me what a mess really is.

Old 03-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #92
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Ya season ten wasn't that bad of a season. Its drawback was more budget stuff. Personally I like tenth over 7th.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #93
vantheman77
Side-Kick

I agree as I felt that the 7th season was the lowest point of the show more so than the 10th season, but the 10th season felt like an afterthought after a great 9th season.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #94
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I wouldn't call season 10 a bad season, but I also wouldn't say that it was as god season 9. I feel like they tried to bring so much past stuff back and recurring guest stars that it limited how much they could progress forwardly with something new. Like I wasn't a fan of how the VRA was being built up through the entire first half, and how it was just resolved quickly in one episode after the break. The Ultraman arc was something that was handled nicely even though they could've dragged it out another episode like they did with Bizarro having an episode where no one knew that it was him impersonating Clark.

Overall the season had several problems that were pretty much resolved quickly with an explanation that was told rather than explained, and I feel like that was one of the bad things about going into the season knowing it would be the final one. It's like they purposely introduced things that they knew they could've finish so they left it open ended, like Conner and the Legion of Doom.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:33 AM   #95
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I hope that they decide to follow up on the storyline that was created right before Smallvilled ended, where Toyman had gathered a bunch of supervillians to target each member of the JLA. I want to see that battle come to fruition.
well Brian did help write the script to Prophecy(the episode where the LOD/Marionette Ventures appears with Toyman,Metallo,Roulette, Captain Cold, Solomon Grundy and Black Manta as members) so it might be possible or realisitic for them to appear or be mentioned in this season or if successful season 12

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #96
Webhead2006
The Web-Swinger

Also the female comment I took it more in brian being able to write a full lois lane and do more with her and her relatiobnship with clark and reporting then they where able to in past.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:50 PM   #97
QWoods
Side-Kick

GO VOTE PLEASE
http://imaginecasting.com/titles/res...n-film-series/

QWoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:41 PM   #98
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Give me a break. Watch S7 and then tell me what a mess really is.
Umm...I have. What does that have to do with anything? How good or bad S7 was doesn't affect my opinion on S10 in any way.

The Boy Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #99
Johnny
Side-Kick

For you to say "Having nowhere to go but up" I assumed S10 is the worst for you => the S7 comparison.

Old 03-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #100
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I don't think season 10 or 7 were bad. My least favorite season would have to be season 6 because of all the angst and depressed Clark. At least in season 7 Clark had Lana for a bulk of the episodes and was kind of happy (even though he was content on just staying on the farm).