The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 12:08 PM   #576
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!
 
MST3K 4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 5,074
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
Okay, so can I get a headcount on who's in if we move forward with a JLA RPG?

Yea or nay?
I'm in.

__________________
Know yourself & your enemy & you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles-- General Sun-Tzu

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #577
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

7 is the quintessential League number

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:52 PM   #578
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,378
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin View Post
7 is the quintessential League number
I'm going to be Booster Gold just to **** that up!

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #579
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,496
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

You can be Booster. Long as we get seven, they can be a mixture of JLAers past and present.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:17 PM   #580
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Now I just have to look up the most obscure JL'er.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:50 PM   #581
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!
 
Andy C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Basement
Posts: 3,621
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Here's a question/suggestion that I'm not sure if it was mentioned before:

If we're doing this as a team-based game, will it be strictly JLA each time? Because I was thinkin', with each session/season/whatever, we could switch to a different team in the DCU. Say, at the end of each season, the players vote on which team they'd like to do next, given choices from the GM depending on what he's got in mind for the next session's challenge. So like, the first session is Justice League, the second session could be the JSA or JLI, the third could be the Teen Titans or the Outsiders, and so on. You could even do a session on the other end where we play as the Injustice League or the Flash's Rogues or whatnot. Could be fun, y'know, really open up the DCU rather than having the same characters again and again.


Last edited by Andy C.; 03-20-2012 at 05:08 PM.
Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:35 PM   #582
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,496
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Next time, we do Suicide Squad.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:02 AM   #583
Blacklight
Revamped and Renegade.
 
Blacklight's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: East City
Posts: 6,788
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

I want to apply now, but I want to wait until Keyser states whether or not he's holding on to Bruce first. Being the only Leaguer out of the Big Seven that I both am really interested in playing AND have yet to play before in any game to any capacity, Batman's my first choice and I'll gladly throw my hat in his ring if he's available. Otherwise, I'll be shooting an app for Hal, Barry or Clark.

Blacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:51 PM   #584
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 20,225
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Wow, some interesting ideas swinging back and forth here.

I do think we need to try something different. This RPG, in its current format, just isn't working. I'm to blame for this as well, but the activity just isn't there, not enough to drive a season in the classic World of Heroes style, driven by in-depth solo arcs and ambitious group collaborations. We might as well try something new.

I'm still onboard as Batman. I had ideas for stories to do with him in this RPG, which I likely won't get to do under this new format, but I wasn't going to get to do them anyway with the RPG as dead as it was. He's my fave hero, and I still want the chance to really get into playing him.

To throw in a couple of my own suggestions for how this JLA-centric RPG could work:

1. Byrd has said the focus will be on filling out the Justice League roster. That makes sense. Before anyone else can apply for anything, we need to have people playing all of the JLA Big 7. But once those roles are filled, I think it could be good to then open up to other players. Perhaps bring in "guest stars" for limited tenures, serving as villains? Someone could come onboard to play as Gorilla Grodd for an arc, then once they're defeated we could introduce someone else to join in and play as Darkseid for an arc. We could even make up a new "villain app" (which could be sent in private to the GM rather than posted publicly in OOC), where part of the app is suggesting what the villain's evil plan will be. It keeps the whole interactive "heroes VS villains" collab fanfic aspect of the games intact, rather than reverting too much into a "GM dictates what happens and the heroes respond" format. And people could also apply to play as other heroes to join the Justice League (again, perhaps arc-based, joining temporarily for single missions), but only if we have all 7 primary roles filled.

2. DON'T PUT IT IN CONTINUITY. If I have to read another pre-Flashpoint/post-New 52 argument, or see it plastered in another thread, I'm going to go postal. We're off in our own continuity. Batman is Bruce Wayne, his parents were killed in Crime Alley, his arch-nemesis is The Joker. Stick to the broad strokes. Trying to establish a fixed point of continuity always leads to more questions and confusion than answers.

But there's definitely potential here. I'm open to more discussion and brainstorming!

__________________
Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #585
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,496
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post

2. DON'T PUT IT IN CONTINUITY. If I have to read another pre-Flashpoint/post-New 52 argument, or see it plastered in another thread, I'm going to go postal. We're off in our own continuity. Batman is Bruce Wayne, his parents were killed in Crime Alley, his arch-nemesis is The Joker. Stick to the broad strokes. Trying to establish a fixed point of continuity always leads to more questions and confusion than answers.
I wish this had a hole for me to stick my dick in.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #586
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,378
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Just have the villain player run the ideas by Byrd to work out any kinks, and so Byrd can take up the reigns if they flake out.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #587
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,378
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I wish this had a hole for me to stick my dick in.
There's a hole in S'o'ze

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 PM   #588
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
To throw in a couple of my own suggestions for how this JLA-centric RPG could work:

1. Byrd has said the focus will be on filling out the Justice League roster. That makes sense. Before anyone else can apply for anything, we need to have people playing all of the JLA Big 7. But once those roles are filled, I think it could be good to then open up to other players.
I don't agree that it has to be with the Big 7. Although, to please byrd I could play Martian Manhunter instead of Aquaman. I've always wanted to and this would be the best game to take a wack at it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #589
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,496
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
You can be Booster. Long as we get seven, they can be a mixture of JLAers past and present.
^
Read! Or can you not read English?

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:34 PM   #590
trustyside-kick
The Marine Marvel
 
trustyside-kick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Aquacave
Posts: 16,475
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Was in reply to Keyser's post. And on MSN you verified after I posted that. But still Keyser is suggesting to do that and I'm expressing my feelings. So my post is still valid.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCorpulent1 View Post
Aquaman can only be whole when he loses that hand again and reclaims the super-awesome water hand. It's one of comics' great paradoxes.
trustyside-kick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #591
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,496
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Nothing you do, say, or create is valid.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #592
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Gotham City, NJ
Posts: 19,268
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Alright, starting to like the sound of all this. Count me in.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #593
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

**** the Big 7 and the only villain should be the GM.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #594
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!
 
Keyser Soze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 20,225
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin View Post
**** the Big 7 and the only villain should be the GM.
I think other players should be welcome to play villains as well, though the GM can depict NPC villains if no players are available. And I do like the idea of having a Big 7 first, THEN opening the floor to other team members, if only because I don't think we've ever been able to successfully assemble a whole Big 7 roster in the games.

__________________
Check out my comic, THE STANDARD!

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #595
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

The thing is you'll force people to pick one of the 7. Let's do like a D&D campaign and have everyone just come in with whatever League character they want to play. I'm gonna be Adam Strange.

And keeping the villains with the GM keeps things streamlined. Let the scenario be his entirely and let's just switch GM's after every game.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:22 AM   #596
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,378
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Don't lock out the idea of future PC villains, just don't use them for now. But down the line, once we get a sense for how the game plays, if someone wants to play a villain, let them. They just have to work with the GM to keep from interfering with each other, and so the GM can take over the storyline if necessary.

If the GM is out of ideas, then the new villain player can become the de facto GM.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #597
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!
 
MST3K 4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: In front of a computer
Posts: 5,074
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlekin View Post
The thing is you'll force people to pick one of the 7. Let's do like a D&D campaign and have everyone just come in with whatever League character they want to play. I'm gonna be Adam Strange.

And keeping the villains with the GM keeps things streamlined. Let the scenario be his entirely and let's just switch GM's after every game.
This is a good idea! I'd be for it.

__________________
Know yourself & your enemy & you need not fear the outcome of a thousand battles-- General Sun-Tzu

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:43 PM   #598
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,496
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

So, I may put up the OOC thread for the new game up tomorrow. We can hash things out there.

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:45 AM   #599
Harlekin
Business
 
Harlekin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 20,592
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Do it!

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #600
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro
 
Byrd Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: America
Posts: 21,496
Default Re: The "World's Finest" DC RPG Sign Up/OOC Thread

Alright, new OOC thread is up.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9#post22767149

__________________
"These are the times that try men's souls... Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph."
-- Thomas Paine


"People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election."
-- Otto von Bismarck


Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Š2014 All Rights Reserved.