The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Old 06-07-2011, 04:21 PM   #401
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Default Re: Tim Boyle's The Phantom

I'm eager to see what Verbinsky will do with "The Lone Ranger", although, after having done The Lone Ranger, I'm not sure if he'll want to do yet another masked hero on a white horse.

One director that I'm that I'm keeping my eye on is Andrew Stanton. Let's see how he handles the pulp material that is "John Carter".

rogue trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 04:40 PM   #402
Airwings
Waves of air

A little off-topic, but decades ago, Clint Eastwood was a favorite to play The Phantom. The director's first choice, from what I have heard
The film never come to be, just like Mandrake with Marcello Mastroianni in the lead.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 02:10 AM   #403
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

As a kid I loved Billy Zane's "The Phantom". Bought it on Blu-Ray when it came out last year. I'd love for them to give this character another shot.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:35 PM   #404
Metallo
Evil Dead Re-Animator

Despite some problems I enjoyed the Zane Phantom movie. The SyFy Phantom miniseries could have been much better if they had made some changes here and there. The costume just didn't work for me but there were elements of it I liked very much.

Metallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:55 AM   #405
superhero
Side-Kick

i like bilyzan pahtomi brouth it on blu raycouple months ago. ididn't mind the coustom on syfyfchannel consutm was kindof slillylooking they got onthe phantom the moive was four hours. it was borig hardly no action in it atall. at least bily zan phantom was action packed. i hope theyremake iti readsome onesaid their rebotting it.

superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #406
I, Shadow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by superhero View Post
i like bilyzan pahtomi brouth it on blu raycouple months ago. ididn't mind the coustom on syfyfchannel consutm was kindof slillylooking they got onthe phantom the moive was four hours. it was borig hardly no action in it atall. at least bily zan phantom was action packed. i hope theyremake iti readsome onesaid their rebotting it.
Huh?

I, Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:29 PM   #407
I, Shadow
Side-Kick

I love Zane's Phantom costume, I hope they don't "re-imagine" it for a new movie, keep it simple and purple. It's the Phantom we're talking about, he's the first Superhero to wear spandex and feature white eyes

I, Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #408
Airwings
Waves of air

Should the son be a teenager, or in his 20s? How old will the father be? Not too old because he's the hero before the son takes over.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #409
Octoberist
point blank

Maybe WB should buy this one up to since they have Mandrake.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:00 PM   #410
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Maybe WB should buy this one up to since they have Mandrake.
Yeah, they should! After The Dark Knight Rises, their Batman film franchise will more than likely lay dormant for a while. With The Phantom, WB could do something very much like they did with Nolan's Batman films. They could use "The Last Phantom" comic series as a model. That comicbook really did a fine job in updating The Phantom for modern readers.

As for the suit, we need look no further than to what Captain America wears in The Avengers.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #411
Octoberist
point blank

The problem is that then WB is now focusing on other properties than DC.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #412
batman strikes
Side-Kick

I would love to see a new Phantom film. What would you guys want the movie to be about? A movie telling the origin story of the 21st Phantom or the 22nd. I assume Tim Boyle's plan was to tell the origin of the 22nd since he was going to have Kit Walker's son and daughter Kit and Heloise.

Last edited by batman strikes; 03-22-2012 at 04:35 PM.
batman strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #413
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Well, as I mentioned on my previous post, I would like something based or loosely based on the "Ghostwalk" storyline from Dynamite's The Last Phantom.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #414
batman strikes
Side-Kick

I'm gonna to have to check comic out. I wonder if Dynamite will ever continue with an ongoing comic like they have with Green Hornet, The Shadow, Zorro, and The Lone Ranger.

batman strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:31 PM   #415
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I read somewhere that Dynamite would stop printing The Last Phantom, and restart with a new Phantom series, but, again, I'm not totally certain.

Anyway, seeing as to how there will probably be no more John Carter films after this one tanked(so sadit deserved better), I think Taylor Kitsch could make pretty good Kit Walker.

Old 03-24-2012, 01:48 AM   #416
rayc1971
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue trooper View Post
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe I read somewhere that Dynamite would stop printing The Last Phantom, and restart with a new Phantom series, but, again, I'm not totally certain.

Anyway, seeing as to how there will probably be no more John Carter films after this one tanked(so sadit deserved better), I think Taylor Kitsch could make pretty good Kit Walker.
taylor kitsch wont get anymore leading man roles for awhile if battleship sinks too

rayc1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #417
rogue trooper
Side-Kick

Dredd producer, Adi Shankar, interested in making a Phantom-movie:

http://www.chroniclechamber.com/2013...phantom-movie/

"I would like to make a retro futuristic sequel to ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK called ‘Snake Plissken Returns.’ I love the look and feel of that world and would like to explore the character of Snake further. He’s the man with no name for my generation. Joel Silver just announced that he was rebooting ESCAPE FROM NY yesterday … so with that in mind I’d like to make the DREDD version of The Phantom. The Phantom was my father’s favorite comic when he was growing up. I also think GHOST RIDER was whack and would love to re-imagine it."