The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight

Old 03-18-2012, 05:17 AM   #76
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Biggest Disappointment - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
My biggest disappointment was that Joker never kidnapped Prince and forced him to perform songs during his big performances...Jack did it, so why not Heath? I bought that flaming soundtrack for nothing
hahaha

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:58 PM   #77
Two-Face
The White Knight

LOL hahaha

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman
Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #78
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

I didn't know Prince lived in Chicago--I mean Gotham City.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:42 PM   #79
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

I would have killed to have heard Scandalous during the Joker and Gambol scene.

They could have easily wrote a scene where Joker danced around the Penthouse whilst Partyman was playing.

And Trust during the bank heist.

"Trust, Who Do Ya, Trust?"
Then the bus comes crashing through the wall flattening the clown!!!

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:55 AM   #80
ALP
In The Mountains

I only had 2 disappointments in TDK: No feargas shots in the Scarecrow scene and I'd have liked to have a bit more Two Face. That was all.

"We want to see the newest things. That is because we want to see the future, even if only momentarily. It is the moment in which, even if we don't completely understand what we have glimpsed, we are nonetheless touched by it. This is what we have come to call art." -Takashi Murakami

God has a name...and it is CHRISTOPHER NOLAN
ALP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #81
Mister H.
I Saw A Broken Labyrinth

Harvey Dent's transformation into Two-Face was an abomination. Nothing to do with Eckhart, everything to do with horrible decision making on the part of the Nolan brothers.

Old 03-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #82
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H. View Post
Harvey Dent's transformation into Two-Face was an abomination. Nothing to do with Eckhart, everything to do with horrible decision making on the part of the Nolan brothers.
What exactly, sir?

El Payaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:33 AM   #83
Mister H.
I Saw A Broken Labyrinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
What exactly, sir?
He just happens to accidentally have exactly half of his face burned off after being dubbed "Harvey Two-Face" by his subordinates? That's ridiculous. Much more believable and dramatic if this is done to him on purpose. They could have still blown up his love interest (that being Dawes was another Nolan goof) but made his transformation much more personal and intended, the way it was in the comics when he has acid thrown in his face. Not to mention he ended up looking like a character from The Mummy.

I love Nolan and what he has done with his Bat-films, but sometimes it seems like he changes things just for the sake of changing them. The Harvey Dent transformation was silly and didn't need to be.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #84
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
He just happens to accidentally have exactly half of his face burned off after being dubbed "Harvey Two-Face" by his subordinates? That's ridiculous. Much more believable and dramatic if this is done to him on purpose.
Believable and dramatic? Like someone called Otto Octavius ending up with 8 limbs is unbelievable? Like someone called Pamela Isely ends up as Poison Ivy?

It's a comic book movie. A play on words with names doesn't detract from the movie at all.

Quote:
They could have still blown up his love interest (that being Dawes was another Nolan goof)
If Dawes being a love interest to Dent is a goof in your eyes, then her being a love interest to Batman is an even bigger goof.

Quote:
Not to mention he ended up looking like a character from The Mummy.
How? He looked exactly like comic character ripped from the pages and put onto the screen. He's the most visually faithful comic booky looking villain Nolan has done so far.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #85
Mister H.
I Saw A Broken Labyrinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Believable and dramatic? Like someone called Otto Octavius ending up with 8 limbs is unbelievable? Like someone called Pamela Isely ends up as Poison Ivy?

It's a comic book movie. A play on words with names doesn't detract from the movie at all.

If Dawes being a love interest to Dent is a goof in your eyes, then her being a love interest to Batman is an even bigger goof.

How? He looked exactly like comic character ripped from the pages and put onto the screen. He's the most visually faithful comic booky looking villain Nolan has done so far.
Newsflash: We aren't discussing Spiderman. We are discussing TDK. There was nothing wrong with Dent's original disfigurement, its much more believable and would have fit in seamlessly with the concept of corrupt police officers hating Harvey Dent. They called him "Two-Face" behind his back. One of them burning off half of his face intentionally, not accidentally, would have been a better approach.

And Dent may have looked like he was torn from the page of a comic book...that's the problem. Nolan spent the first film and a half of his trilogy grounding the characters in realism, stripping them down to their bare essentials, and making their appearances plausable. Then he does a 180 and has a guy walking around unimpeded after half of his body has been melted. Ridiculous.

I won't bother commenting on your other points, as it seems like you're just trying to be the loyal Nolan fanboy who'll argue with anyone that doesn't hail TDK as a masterpiece.

Having said all that, its a good movie, but Batman Begins is better.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #86
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Newsflash: We aren't discussing Spiderman. We are discussing TDK.
Irrelevant. They are both comic book movies. One based on a guy with spider powers, the other of a man who dresses like a giant bat.

Quote:
There was nothing wrong with Dent's original disfigurement, its much more believable and would have fit in seamlessly with the concept of corrupt police officers hating Harvey Dent. They called him "Two-Face" behind his back. One of them burning off half of his face intentionally, not accidentally, would have been a better approach.
You keep looking for believability in an unbelievable world. Would it have been more poetic to deliberately disfigure half his face? Yes. Did it hurt the movie that it happened accidentally? Hell no.

Quote:
And Dent may have looked like he was torn from the page of a comic book...that's the problem. Nolan spent the first film and a half of his trilogy grounding the characters in realism, stripping them down to their bare essentials, and making their appearances plausable.
The moment we learned there was a secret lair of ninjas in the Himalayas plotting to destroy cities with a microwave emitter and fear toxin, realism went out the window.

Two Face looking like Two Face was no more a problem than Batman looking like Batman from the Burton and Schumacher Batman movies.

Quote:
I won't bother commenting on your other points, as it seems like you're just trying to be the loyal Nolan fanboy who'll argue with anyone that doesn't hail TDK as a masterpiece.
Awww sticks and stones. More like you haven't got a good argument to make if your past form is anything to go by, and now you're sinking to personal insults.

The writing is on the wall with you.

Quote:
Having said all that, its a good movie, but Batman Begins is better.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. I don't share it though.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-27-2012 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #87
Mister H.
I Saw A Broken Labyrinth

Quote:
Irrelevant. They are both comic book movies. One based on a guy with spider powers, the other of a man who dresses like a giant bat.

It's very relevant. Batman rogues don't rely on superpowers. Neither does Batman. That's why its more "believable". Comparing a guy dressing like a bat to a guy's "spider powers"? Really?

You keep looking for believability in an unbelievable world. Would it have been more poetic to deliberately disfigure half his face? Yes. Did it hurt the movie that it happened accidentally? Hell no.

Now you're making my argument for me. Like I said, it would have been more poetic. The title of this thread is "Biggest Disappointment". That was my biggest disappointment. It could have been handled much better. And because I'm talking about MY biggest disappointment, then yes, it did hurt the movie...in my eyes.

The moment we learned there was a secret lair of ninjas in the Himalayas plotting to destroy cities with a microwave emitter and fear toxin, realism went out the window.

Two Face looking like Two Face was no more a problem than Batman looking like Batman from the Burton and Schumacher Batman movies.

Don't know where you are coming from here.

Awww sticks and stones. More like you haven't got a good argument to make if your past form is anything to go by, and now you're sinking to personal insults.

The writing is on the wall with you.

Again, there is no reason for me to make a "good argument". The thread is here for people to discuss their biggest disappointment. Two-Face's transformation was mine. I think it was terrible and I expect much better from the Nolans. Disagree all you want, there is really nothing to argue about. You admitted earlier my idea would have been more poetic. That's what I wanted. If you just want to argue, find somebody else.

Thanks for sharing your opinion. I don't share it though.
Thank god. I'd be a little worried if we were on the same page.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #88
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
It's very relevant. Batman rogues don't rely on superpowers. Neither does Batman. That's why its more "believable". Comparing a guy dressing like a bat to a guy's "spider powers"? Really?
Super powers is just as unbelievable as the antics that Ra's, Joker etc did in Nolan's movies. Nothing that the likes of Ra's, Joker, Batman etc did could conceivably happen in the real world any more than what Spider-Man and Doc Ock did.

Quote:
Now you're making my argument for me. Like I said, it would have been more poetic. The title of this thread is "Biggest Disappointment". That was my biggest disappointment. It could have been handled much better. And because I'm talking about MY biggest disappointment, then yes, it did hurt the movie...in my eyes.
I don't care about what you're disappointed in. That's your opinion. I was questioning the logic behind your reasons for your disappointment.

Quote:
Don't know where you are coming from here.
I'm telling you that Nolan has not gone to great pains to ground anything in realism. What you see in these movies is not realistic in any way, shape, or form.

Your hang up on Two Face's appearance makes no sense.

Quote:
Again, there is no reason for me to make a "good argument". The thread is here for people to discuss their biggest disappointment.
Discuss being the operative word. Discussion requires detail and a good argument. You haven't given that.

Quote:
Two-Face's transformation was mine. I think it was terrible and I expect much better from the Nolans. Disagree all you want, there is really nothing to argue about.
I'm not arguing that you find it disappointing. There's nothing to argue about regarding that. It's your opinion. Like I said it was the logic behind your disappointment that I called into question.

Quote:
Thank god. I'd be a little worried if we were on the same page.
There was me thinking I'd never agree with you on something

- The Joker
Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #89
Mister H.
I Saw A Broken Labyrinth

Quote:
Super powers is just as unbelievable as the antics that Ra's, Joker etc did in Nolan's movies. Nothing that the likes of Ra's, Joker, Batman etc did could conceivably happen in the real world any more than what Spider-Man and Doc Ock did.

I don't care about what you're disappointed in. That's your opinion. I was questioning the logic behind your reasons for your disappointment.

I'm telling you that Nolan has not gone to great pains to ground anything in realism. What you see in these movies is not realistic in any way, shape, or form.

Your hang up on Two Face's appearance makes no sense.

Discuss being the operative word. Discussion requires detail and a good argument. You haven't given that.

I'm not arguing that you find it disappointing. There's nothing to argue about regarding that. It's your opinion. Like I said it was the logic behind your disappointment that I called into question.

There was me thinking I'd never agree with you on something
And I explained why I was disappointed in it. Because exactly half of his face was burned off by accident, when it would have been more tragic and believable for me if it had been done on purpose by one of his enemies, especially since he'd already been dubbed "Harvey Two-Face" behind his back. Why I had to do that again, I have no idea. You're asking me to explain things I've already explained.

As far as your assertion that I don't respect other people's opinions...rubbish. My initial post detailed my biggest disappointment, with no mention at all of others' opinions. You started harassing me about mine, and then said my problem was that I don't respect other people's point of view. How the hell does that work?

I can't decide if this is more like talking to a brick wall or a child.

Old 04-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #90
Fudgie
Side-Kick

That's a right nit picking complaint about the Harvey Two Face name. It's hardly even mentioned in it.

Fudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:30 AM   #91
Mister H.
I Saw A Broken Labyrinth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
That's a right nit picking complaint about the Harvey Two Face name. It's hardly even mentioned in it.
I'm not complaining about the name. Damn, you guys are slow. I'm seeing why "The Hype" has such a bad reputation on the other message boards.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #92
The Morningstar
Banned User

It's not The Hype, it's just the Hype's Bat boards.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:55 AM   #93
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

It's the popular knee jerk defense of all things Nolan. It's as if people will jump to justify anything the man does for better or worse.

and I also didn't like Two Face just being angry. Why not just call him Mad Face.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:10 PM   #94
Cain
"West West Y'all"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
It's not The Hype, it's just the Hype's Bat boards.
Yeah. Even other hype posters hate stepping around these parts (the SHH bat forums).

Pull list: Saga, Thief of Thieves, The Manhattan Projects, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Harbinger, X-O Manowar, Bloodshot, Archer & Armstrong, Shadowman, Green Lantern, Red Lanterns, Justice League 3000, Superman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Batman & ____, Batman, Red Hood & The Outlaws, The Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Swamp Thing, All-Star Western, Earth 2, Worlds' Finest, Superman/Wonder Woman, Daredevil, Superior Spider-Man, All-New X-Men
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #95
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Lol.. Mad-Face.. that made me chuckle..

I thought that putting two-face in the film was pointless, looking back on it. No problem with having Harvey Dent in there, loved Eckhart's performance but I thought the character could have been used better..

All moot now, hopefully Bane lives up to the expectations

Old 04-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #96
Travesty
Feelin it in my bones!

RAWWWWR! Me Mad Face!!!!

"Eh ohs, I put on a smiley face mask and stuff. That ways, I can see faces"

-Robin John Blake
Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #97
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
And I explained why I was disappointed in it. Because exactly half of his face was burned off by accident, when it would have been more tragic and believable for me if it had been done on purpose by one of his enemies, especially since he'd already been dubbed "Harvey Two-Face" behind his back. Why I had to do that again, I have no idea. You're asking me to explain things I've already explained.
You have a reading comprehension problem. Where in my post did I ask you to explain yourself again?

Quote:
As far as your assertion that I don't respect other people's opinions...rubbish. My initial post detailed my biggest disappointment, with no mention at all of others' opinions. You started harassing me about mine, and then said my problem was that I don't respect other people's point of view. How the hell does that work?
What in the hell are you talking about? I never mentioned anything about you respecting other people's opinions. The only poor form you've shown is sinking to pathetic name calling. That's the only bad attitude problem I called you out on.

Quote:
I can't decide if this is more like talking to a brick wall or a child.
See what I mean? You always know you're in the right when the other half of a discussion resorts to this kind of stuff.

- The Joker
Old 04-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #98
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Let's all just take a deep breath.

Think of everything that the Green Goblin has done in the world of Spider-Man, and think of everything that Doc Ock has done Doc Ock is the guy who killed Peter Parker! You don't get better ranking points on villainy than that. So you have two of Spider-Man's greatest foes the two greatest foes heading toward a collision....I've got a pit over here filled with people I've killed in Spider-Man. So I mean this in all seriousness: When you hit "Goblin Nation," all bets are off. No one is safe. No one is safe.

-Dan Slott
Hobgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #99
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

My biggest disappointment was also with Two-face, the fact that Nolan felt it necessary to kill him off. That was as disappointing to me as Burton killing off the Joker. That was uncalled for, (in both cases) killing off a major villian that is supposed to plague Batman for most, if not all of his career.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:23 AM   #100
Greens
Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
My biggest disappointment was also with Two-face, the fact that Nolan felt it necessary to kill him off. That was as disappointing to me as Burton killing off the Joker. That was uncalled for, (in both cases) killing off a major villian that is supposed to plague Batman for most, if not all of his career.
This is not the comics. You can't lock them up and have them escape again every few issues. Especially in this trilogy, things have to END. Two-Face wasn't meant to be a major villain in this film anyway.

Greens is offline   Reply With Quote