The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 03-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Th Confused Why is GR's history so intimidating for writers?

Simple Timeline of GR History

Advice for any future GR movie makers: Don't be intimidated by the source material. It's really not that complicated Here it is, summarized in 6 parts:

--

1. The Spirit of Vengeance was created by God, it was hinted that it may even originate before Earth was even created.

2. They were initially run by arch-angels, but then given to immortals known as the Blood. They were caretakers of the Spirits of Vengeance around the world. Ghost Riders and their hosts were seen and known throughout ancient history, in all the major continents. The Caretakers retained this knowledge.

3. Zarathos was an ancient demon who got the power of the Spirit of Vengeance and began corrupting it, consuming souls. Before the sinking of Atlantis, he also attained the Medallion of Power, an ancient relic that gave him God-like abilities, including the ability to trigger the transformation into a Spirit of Vengeance. A band of Riders (Midnight Sons) allied with the Blood, defeated Zarathos and were able to destroy the Medallion. The power of the medallion was hidden in the blood lines of the descendants of the original hosts, ultimately leading to Blaze's mother, Naomi Kale.

4. Mephisto learned the SOV power was in Naomi Kale, and in order to protect her children, she split them up with the help of her Caretaker. John went to Craig 'Crash' Simpson, and Barbara and Danny were given to the care of Francis Ketch, a widow.

5. The rest is history. John Blaze sold his soul, became a slave of Mephisto who bonded his soul to the demon Zarathos. He eventually exorcized Zarathos, but the SOV power within him was still there. He eventually became a SOV again.

6. Barbara was destined to be the next host for the SOV, but Danny Ketch triggered his own transformation with the Medallion. He went on to be one of the famous, if not the most famous Ghost Rider in Marvel history.

--

Is the source material that difficult to comprehend???

Last edited by Midnyte_Sun; 03-29-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #2
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Why is GR's history so intimidating for writers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnyte_Sun View Post
Simple Timeline of GR History

Advice for any future GR movie makers: Don't be intimidated by the source material. It's really not that complicated Here it is, summarized in 6 parts:

--

1. The Spirit of Vengeance was created by God, it was hinted that it may even originate before Earth was even created.

2. They were initially run by arch-angels, but then given to immortals known as the Blood. They were caretakers of the Spirits of Vengeance around the world. Ghost Riders and their hosts were seen and known throughout ancient history, in all the major continents. The Caretakers retained this knowledge.

3. Zarathos was an ancient demon who got the power of the Spirit of Vengeance and began corrupting it, consuming souls. Before the sinking of Atlantis, he also attained the Medallion of Power, an ancient relic that gave him God-like abilities, including the ability to trigger the transformation into a Spirit of Vengeance. A band of Riders (Midnight Sons) allied with the Blood, defeated Zarathos and were able to destroy the Medallion. The power of the medallion was hidden in the blood lines of the descendants of the original hosts, ultimately leading to Blaze's mother, Naomi Kale.

4. Mephisto learned the SOV power was in Naomi Kale, and in order to protect her children, she split them up with the help of her Caretaker. John went to Craig 'Crash' Simpson, and Barbara and Danny were given to the care of Francis Ketch, a widow.

5. The rest is history. John Blaze sold his soul, became a slave of Mephisto who bonded his soul to the demon Zarathos. He eventually exorcized Zarathos, but the SOV power within him was still there. He eventually became a SOV again.

6. Barbara was destined to be the next host for the SOV, but Danny Ketch triggered his own transformation with the Medallion. He went on to be one of the famous, if not the most famous Ghost Rider in Marvel history.

--

Is the source material that difficult to comprehend???
Nope, damn you writers for not understanding the mythos of my second favorite comic book character.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

It all seems simple enough to me, why this couldnt be adapted into a movie is beyond me, it really is.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:35 AM   #4
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
It all seems simple enough to me, why this couldnt be adapted into a movie is beyond me, it really is.
I knowww, well atleast my other favorite character's going to have an awesome portrayal this year.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Cool Ghost Rider history video by WatchMojo:

http://watchmojo.com/index.php?id=10611

Old 04-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Cool Ghost Rider history video by WatchMojo:

http://watchmojo.com/index.php?id=10611
It just hurts my heart that ol' Ghost Rider still hasn't gotten a well received movie even after TWO attempts by two different directors.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 04-27-2012 at 05:59 AM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

They're just going half-assed about it. They want to make Ghost Rider to appeal to as many people as possible , which effectively neuters the character.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:59 AM   #8
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
They're just going half-assed about it. They want to make Ghost Rider to appeal to as many people as possible , which effectively neuters the character.
True

Spider-Man - Hear what?