The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Hype RPG Games > RPG Archives

Old 03-17-2012, 07:24 PM   #226
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Default Re: The Ultimate DC RPG - Season III: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Just a heads up that I'm posting this in all the OOC threads. I got mod approval and I'm passionate about it, so ****ing deal with the spamming!

Talking with some people last night and I think there's one thing we don't do anymore that really would be beneficial. Giving feedback and properly reading other people's posts. Everyone wants to know what people think of their work, especially if it's good. Used to be, people would comment in the OOC thread about an individual post.

That really never happens anymore and it's kind of turned things for games into disjointed fanfics. We're not posting in a vacuum, tell each other what you think. I'm as guilty of this as others, but I think if we all take the time to read and give feedback, it encourages folks to keep up the good work. Everyone wants to be appreciated.

Below The Bible Belt
Southern Hospitality - Delivered Monthly
Byrd Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #227
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Hate do this but...Grodd is being dropped.

Let this be a lesson to one and all..playing a mind control villain wihtout a story-arc is not a lot of fun. I'm just not feeling it with Grodd anymore.

John 3:16
MST3K 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:10 AM   #228
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Nicely done post, Byrd. Interesting to see glimpses of the future UDCU.

Also, John Fox better come back, *****.

Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:11 AM   #229
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Yes. "John Fox" may indeed come back.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 03-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #230
Carnage27
Death of the Multiverse

I swear I'm still planning on posting in this game. This week. I swear. Don't break my legs.

Carnage27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #231
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Fine, fine. We'll settle for breaking your thumbs.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 03-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #232
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Just the thumbs?

Old 03-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #233
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

You responded too late to be able to break anything else.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #234
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Decided to wait for a week to pass before jumping the gun, you sharks.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #235
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

With the situation in South Africa...would it be all-right if The Atom showed up to lend a hand?

Old 03-26-2012, 05:35 PM   #236
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

I don't have a problem with it. The fight should be over in a few posts and I believe the aftermath will more than give Atom something to deal with.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 03-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #237
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post
I don't have a problem with it. The fight should be over in a few posts and I believe the aftermath will more than give Atom something to deal with.
All-right let me review what is going on and there will be a post..probably before midnight.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #238
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

And The Atom has arrived in Cape Town

Old 03-29-2012, 05:36 PM   #239
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Because I don't really want Bane to be quite the UDC equivalent of Osama, I'm gonna defuse some of the horror of what he's doing by saying that the immediate area around Wonder Tower is largely depopulated from the riots. Limit casualties. He's only trying to make a statement to Gotham by destroying a big empty iconic building, not necessarily trying to kill as many people as possible (hence, why I specified an implosion instead of an explosion, and why it's nighttime and no tourists or employees are in the tower).

Old 03-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #240
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Good. Don't make me send the Suicide Squad after ya!

Below The Bible Belt
Old 04-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #241
Spike_x1
Get off my bandwagon!

Sorry for the sudden absence right in the middle of a fight, but it's the last week of classes and term papers suck worse than Byrd's mother. Will hopefully have something up this evening, right after my deadline has come and gone.

Old 04-05-2012, 04:36 AM   #242
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

And that's saying something. My momma's all teeth when she goes down on guys.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 04-08-2012, 02:51 PM   #243
MST3K 4ever
BRING IT BACK!

Concerning the Mayor in Gotham...I thought it was still Thorne and I established Krol as a State Senator...not a big issue...except I think Mayor Thorne is about to suffer a nervous breakdown on live TV as he announces his resignation.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #244
Joshm

Hey all. I'm JoshM...as you can tell. I'm also the new meat....as you can tell again. Is it too late to Join? I can't tell.

Joshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:20 PM   #245
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

Nope. Never too late to join.

Old 04-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #246
Joshm

I got to go, but i'll post it first thing in the morning.

Joshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:28 PM   #247
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

*cough*GigantapostAndyI'mlookingatyou!*cough*

Sorry. Think I may be coming down with something.

Below The Bible Belt
Old 04-14-2012, 11:51 PM   #248
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Now that MB and I are done with our team-up, I'm gonna drop Q. Mostly picked him up to help MB out of the current jam he was in, so there ya bastard!

Below The Bible Belt
Old 04-24-2012, 08:22 PM   #249
Batman
Dramatic Example
SHH! Global Moderator

So yeah, after many months of not being able to get into the story I was telling, I'm going to drop Aquaman. Maybe I'll pick him back up in a point in the future, but I doubt it. As a replacement, I present a character I've been thinking of playing for awhile...

THE NEW ULTIMATE DC RPG
Character Application

.Character you wish to portray: Spartan (John Colt)

.Hero, villain, or walking the line?: Walking The Line

.Powers and physical attributes: Advanced cybernetic systems and limited replication of superhuman abilities. As an android with superior technological advancements, Spartan also possesses the abilities of self-repair, superhuman strength, advanced cloaking, energy projection that can create limited hard constructs, flight, and enhanced senses.

.Origin and backstory (as you see it): In the late 1950's, the Vietnam War broke out in Cambodia and forced then-soldier Jacob Marlowe and his brother, Jack Marlowe, to enter into the fray and prevent communists from overtaking South Vietnam. The mission and Jacob's strike was a success, but at the cost of his brother's life, who was gunned down by enemy forces by distracting an oncoming fleet so that their troops could escape unharmed. Jacob buried his brother back in the United States and tried to move on, forever torn with guilt over Jack's demise after promising to look after him. This guilt continued well throughout the better part of thirty years, when Marlowe retired from active service and inherited the Halo Corporation - a multi-billion conglomerate that was, ironically, meant to fund peaceful modern alternatives to all-out warfare.

But as the times changed, so did Halo's initiative. In the 90's, Marlowe himself allowed the company to transform into yet another weapons' supplier, aiding in the Gulf War and eventually the struggles with Afghanistan, becoming the primary defense contract for the United States military above both Waynetech and Lexcorp. But in the back of his head, Marlowe had always known that Halo was meant for greater things than building guns and explosives. He employed some of the top scientists in the world to develop new ways of fighting in the trenches, but it wasn't enough to cleanse Halo's slate of bloodshed. So using the memory of his brother as a benchmark, Marlowe heavily pursued the breakthrough research of Professor Anthony Ivo - creator of the failed 'Amazo' experiment.

Convincing Ivo to work with Halo to invent a better Amazo, Marlowe initiated the creation of Project Spartan: using the likeness and renowned combat strategies of his late brother as the template for the new android. Around the time of it's final stages of development, Marlowe was contacted by General Wade Eiling for a privatized operation that only Halo could help bring together. The Justice League had just made their prescence known to the world at large, and the United States Government wanted to form their own response. Oblivious to the prescence of Amanda Waller's Suicide Squad, a black-ops team that had already become tainted by misuse and corruption, Marlowe agreed to finance and assemble the team, outfitted with Halo's weapons.

On March 30th, 2012, Project Spartan was officially brought online. And it was just in time for him to become apart of the assembling of the Halo Corporation's newest assigned project - Team WILDCAT.

.The burning question - Why this character?: After discovering The WildC.A.T.S. and the original run for Image Comics, I was intrigued at the prospect of remaking them for a modern setting. The original team dealt heavily with aliens and alot of other convulted stuff, so the opportunity to simplify it down and basically present the team as the Government's alternative to the Justice League seemed like something neat to play around with. Plus, as Spartan, I get to play around with alot of character aspects that have helped build some of my favorite characters to make him stand out from his original interpretation.

.How will this version of your character differ from others? How will it be Ultimate?: Well, in alot of ways, this version of the team is alot more streamlined compared to the comics. No alien backstory, no former team of warriors to make up the current alignment, and no established goal of simply fighting against an extraterrestrial threat. If I had to compare my version of the WildC.A.T.S. to any other existing comic book team, it would be The Ultimates: big personalities brought together for the good of the modern world, to do the jobs that America wants them to do. In terms of Spartan himself, I added in the idea that he's essentially Amazo 2.0, able to study and adapt himself to the physiology of other superhumans to become more advanced.

.What do you believe you can bring to the RPG?: Byrd has all-but mastered the art of multiple-NPC'ed teams, so I'm going to try and ride his coattails by establishing a rapour with the group and bringing a bigger sense of these characters inhabiting a larger DCU. Also, I make a mean flapjack.

.Provide a short sample post as your desired character, in three paragraphs or more:

ACCESSING:

Somewhere in the outskirts of Reno, Nevada
March 29th, 2012 - 11:58PM
The birth of Project Spartan

It's not like I could have known I'd begin my life through a stream of data.

While it's true that no human actually remembers their own birth, even at a young age, my genesis as a creation did not begin with conception within an embryo after two individuals came to mate. My birth - the beginning of my life, and my creation - began with the scribblings of a scientist on a piece of scrapping paper. My first words were always going to be a sequence of numbers, not fully-fledged letters combined into something of meaning. My first memory? It would always be as crisp and as clear of a recollection as the present. Like it were always happening infront of me, rather than a distant flash of something that either could or could not be accurate. Even the concept of parentage is a limited and radically different concept when applied to my existence, compared to that of humans and animals. In my relatively short lifespan of twenty-six days old, I've always had more in common with a plant than a living organism. I've been told that this is an accurate perception of self.

And that, as impossible as it may seem, terrifies me.

The metal coils around my wrist begin to slide back, and the darkness is replace with an intense light. I am being held within what they've called "The White Room" - a place of solitary confinement, for some. But given that I can hear through these walls, I have come to realize that this is not confinement for me. This is storage. I am merely considered a tool to them, at this stage of my existence. To be put away whenever they deem me worthy of use. It doesn't matter to them that my first three days on Earth were spent within a psychiatrict ward, processing the fact that I was not the man I woke up believing myself to be. I am not Jack Marlowe.

I don't even have a name.

"And how are we feeling today?"

My head tilts upward at the voice coming from the intercom. The intercom, they call it. Not simply the walls speaking to me, as I suggested on the first day. At first, I don't know how to react. I simply stare back, wondering if this is another one of their tests. It doesn't even occur to me to stand up from the metal slab that I was placed upon after the training seminar - the one where I decimated everything in sight and apparently destroyed thousands of dollars worth of equipment.

I'm still getting used to the idea that I even have the capability to destroy.

"I..."

The question intrigues me. Feel. How do I feel?

I could say I feel nervous.

Angry.

Saddened.

Relieved.

Any number of emotions.

But I look at my arm and notice that beneath the artificial skin, I can still see portions of a metal exoskeleton. It is no less real than the claim that I am a living man. Would admitting to these emotions be just as artificial as the face I'm wearing?

"I cannot."

From behind the wall, a door slides open and a well-dressed elderly man steps forth. I have to lie to myself to be able to not be overcome with emotion. This man, I once believed, was my brother. Instead, I have been taught that he is simply my handler. The maker of my destiny, of which I have no control.

"Congratulations,", Jacob Marlowe tells me, trying to hide the disdain in his voice. "You've passed the first test. You've realized what you truly are. Now we can begin."

I don't smile. I don't frown. Infact, I don't react at all.

The man is lost. I've become the machine.

I've become Project Spartan.

.Preferred roster pic? (No preference, and one will be chosen for you):

Last edited by Batman; 04-24-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 08:31 PM   #250
Byrd Man
El Hombre Pájaro

Spartan is APPROVED!

Below The Bible Belt