The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 10:02 PM   #551
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
What spoiler? The one about Batman dying?

We know that already, right?
Batman dies in Cabin in the Woods? Thanks, jerk.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:24 PM   #552
jabroni2kz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Batman dies in Cabin in the Woods? Thanks, jerk.
he does, but its all meta--you see, in a move that will get all Whedon-fans to shout from the rooptops even more than they already do that Whedon is Kubrick and Shakespeare combined, Hemmsworth, who would play Thor after Cabin was done, plays Batman in Cabin

Old 03-31-2012, 10:52 PM   #553
BREAD WARRIOR
Side-Kick

Glad I missed the Cabin in the Woods spoiler. That's one of the few movies I want to watch knowing as little about the story as possible.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:57 PM   #554
KalMart
239-Bean Irish Chili

They all die...and the little brother did it.

Plus, is the infatuation that teenage girls have with pseudo-vampires any less sad than your infatuation with men in spandex and Heath Ledger? Its probably more justifiable for them. :)
Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 PM   #555
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

^Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

You can go straight to hades sir.

:o
Old 04-01-2012, 02:04 AM   #556
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Agreed. I know this is the spoilers thread but jesus christ, put spoiler tags on stuff.

Not everyone has seen the film and not everyone wants to know what happened if they didn't.

ALSO, I'm gonna put this out there now: If you go to a midnight screening of TDKR, do NOT come here and spoil the movie.

My wrath will come upon thee if you tempt fate!

How should I put this? Let me see. Okay, so I feel like this site is one of the only places(specifically this forum) where we CAN and SHOULD talk about spoilers. I feel, that once the midnight shows premiere, spoilers are fair game on here. We shouldn't have to limit discussion because people don't want to be spoiled.

I mean really, if you haven't seen the movie then you shouldn't be on here after The Midnight Showings. Why exactly would you be on this forum after the movie comes out, if not to talk about the movie in detail? Do you think people on here are going to want to talk about non-spoiler stuff? Are we going to be having a discussion on set videos? No, no, no. I'm sorry, but that makes no sense. If you get spoiled you were asking for it. Once this movie comes out, this forum should be filled with spoiler discussion. That's what I want. Sorry, if you don't like that, but there's really no reason for you to be on thIS forum(spoiler discussion) after the movie comes out, if you haven't seen it yet. Certainly no reason good enough to warrant a taboo on spoilers. Right now we have a taboo on spoilers, where we still put them in spoiler tags, but that's only because the movie hasn't come out yet, and there's still a lot of non-spoiler TDKR discussion going on here. Once the movie comes out the amount of non-spoiler discussion is going to drop, and the spoiler discussion is going to rise immensely. People shouldn't have to tag their posts with spoiler tags once the movie comes out. It should be obvious that spoilers are going to be on here. The spoiler tag courtesy really holds no value once the movie is out, and if you don't want to be spoiled, don't come on the forum. Simple as that. There's a non-spoiler forum that will finally be put to good use once the movie comes out.

As soon as I see the midnight showing, I'm going to come on here and talk about my favorite scenes and everything. I'm not holding anything back. That's what this forum is for. So really ONCE THE MOVIE COMES OUT, YOU SHOULDN'T BE ON THE FORUM IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT. IF YOU GET SPOILED IT'S ON YOU.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by Goku Goes Crazy; 04-01-2012 at 02:12 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:07 AM   #557
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Umm, guys, there's always a thread opened up specifically for people who've already seen the movie to give their thoughts. No one with half a brain is gonna post spoilers in the other threads without spoiler tags whilst the movie is still fresh, especially this one.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:16 AM   #558
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

I lost half my brain in a tangerine forest fire.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:48 AM   #559
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Yeah well, no one cares about the man in the box

Old 04-01-2012, 02:48 AM   #560
obin_gam
Side-Kick

THE DARK KNIGHT RISES WILL GET THE 3D TREATMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WB Press release
BURBANK, CA - Christopher Nolan has decided that "The Dark Knight Rises™" will benefit from the visual experience generated from the 3D technology. The director will finish editing the film and then move into James Camerons offices and convert it to digital so it then can be converted into 3D.
This will not impact the release date of July 18, 2012, since the director will work in fast pace to get the conversion done in time.

- Gene Wilder
Old 04-01-2012, 02:49 AM   #561
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Nice try, but I saw right through that blatantl april fools joke the minute I saw the title.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:53 AM   #562
obin_gam
Side-Kick

Gaah!

- Gene Wilder
Old 04-01-2012, 02:53 AM   #563
Bat-Gasm
Side-Kick

Familiar! Don't you have anything new!

Batman creates fear.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:58 AM   #564
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Pffft it's not even midnight PST yet!

And Goku, you forget that there's this thing called time zones. So people really would be attending their midnight showing...except it just so happens to be after yours.

I think waiting until the weekend is over is enough time for spoilers galore. Until then, the spoiler tag isn't THAT painful to use.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:01 AM   #565
RKO
QT's Personal Consultant.

Releasing official news on a Sunday at that. Yeah right.

Someone get this hothead out of here!
Old 04-01-2012, 03:03 AM   #566
obin_gam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
Pffft it's not even midnight PST yet!

And Goku, you forget that there's this thing called time zones. So people really would be attending their midnight showing...except it just so happens to be after yours.

I think waiting until the weekend is over is enough time for spoilers galore. Until then, the spoiler tag isn't THAT painful to use.
AH damn, that was my fall! Its 9 am here, forgott I'd have to wait several stupid hours to have the lulz

- Gene Wilder
Old 04-01-2012, 03:06 AM   #567
Nevincer
Side-Kick

The idea of a Christopher Nolan film in 3D is hilarious, somehow.

Old 04-01-2012, 03:30 AM   #568
Just_Human
Side-Kick

" I wanted to create a more realistic Batman world in 3D.
We've asked ourselves the following question: what would Batman and his foes look like in our real everyday 3D lives ? "

Old 04-01-2012, 04:18 AM   #569
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunt View Post
Nice try, but I saw right through that blatantl april fools joke the minute I saw the title.
Hahaha. Here's another one: TDKR marketing drought to end tomorrow at noon.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:26 AM   #570
Cory
Reek

Heath Ledger will reprise his role as the joker.

is that too soon?

Old 04-01-2012, 04:29 AM   #571
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Hahaha. Here's another one: TDKR marketing drought to end tomorrow at noon.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:42 AM   #572
TIM BLAKE
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
I always thought JGL would play more of a role that what's been said so far. Nolan wouldn't bring someone of his caliber and not put him in a major role.
Christopher Judge describes a scene where John Blake beats up his character..hmmm what kind of cop takes out a guy as big as judge in a fist fight? I know a cop named Dick Grayson certainly can,not to mention he lists Bale and JGL as the two main leads on the movie,hell yeah.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #573
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Has Christopher Judge been seen in any set pics? Is he one of Bane's henchman, a cop, or what?

Old 04-01-2012, 05:55 AM   #574
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunt View Post
Has Christopher Judge been seen in any set pics? Is he one of Bane's henchman, a cop, or what?
No, he's John Jones, aka Martian Manhunter.

Old 04-01-2012, 06:03 AM   #575
jb007
Side-Kick

Try this on for size for those of us who do go to the midnight showing. Why can't we start a "for those who have seen TDKR thread?" I would think if someone saw that as a thread title they would figure out not to check it out if they haven't seen it yet.

Just saying......

John 16:33

"They can be a great people, Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you... my only son."
Closed Thread