The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 09:41 PM   #376
Gamma_Powered_God
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Speaking of Kratos, has anyone seen the movie in the game where Kratos beats Hercules to death with the Nemean Cestus? It's beyond badass.

Old 04-07-2012, 10:53 PM   #377
Oruku Saki
Side-Kick

Default Re: "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be Hemsworthy, shall possess the power of Tho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Kratos is half Elder God?
oops

Last edited by Oruku Saki; 04-07-2012 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-07-2012, 11:35 PM   #378
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma_Powered_God View Post
Speaking of Kratos, has anyone seen the movie in the game where Kratos beats Hercules to death with the Nemean Cestus? It's beyond badass.
Yes, God of War III is one of my favorite games of all time and while the scene you're referring to is badass it's also quite since.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-08-2012, 12:24 AM   #379
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It would be awesome if Marvel could/world contract Sony Santa Monica to make a Thor game. I mean look at what Capcom did with the Marvel vs Capcom series. Would be nice if Marvel would just go out and find AAA gaming studios and get them to make Marvel games instead of just selling the rights to the highest bidder. Most of the companies that go around buying licensing rights to games only do so because they can't selling there own original games and make a decent profit.

What would be better would be if Marvel started there own in-house gaming studio and start hiring AAA quality game Designers, Programmers, Graphic Artists, and 3D Animators.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 04-08-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:25 AM   #380
Gamma_Powered_God
Side-Kick

It was brutal, that's for sure. I'm considering getting the collectable God Of War Hercules figure. It just looks too cool not to be sitting on my computer.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:39 AM   #381
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
It was brutal, that's for sure. I'm considering getting the collectable God Of War Hercules figure. It just looks too cool not to be sitting on my computer.
Hercules in GOW3 kind of looks like a pink Hulk
He even has a thunderclap at 6:00.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #382
Gamma_Powered_God
Side-Kick

He'll go well in my collection next to Juggernaut. The son of Zeus and the Avatar of Cyttorak can fight it out.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #383
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

It would be awesome if Marvel could/world contract Sony Santa Monica to make a Thor game. I mean look at what Capcom did with the Marvel vs Capcom series. Would be nice if Marvel would just go out and find AAA gaming studios and get them to make Marvel games instead of just selling the rights to the highest bidder. Most of the companies that go around buying licensing rights to games only do so because they can't selling there own original games and make a decent profit.

What would be better would be if Marvel started there own in-house gaming studio and start hiring AAA quality game Designers, Programmers, Graphic Artists, and 3D Animators.
Man if Santa Monica were to make and release a Thor game I'd be like for weeks!

Sadly, it seems like the only Marvel character that get's quality video games is Spider-Man just like Batman is the only DC character with quality games.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #384
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

Sadly, it seems like the only Marvel character that get's quality video games is Spider-Man just like Batman is the only DC character with quality games.
There was an idea that Kratos after destroying the Olympian gods he would make his way to Scandinavia and run into the Norse gods. I think that Idea ended up getting scraped.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-08-2012, 02:10 AM   #385
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Hercules in GOW3 kind of looks like a pink Hulk
He even has a thunderclap at 6:00.
I think Hercules looked awesome in God of War III, it's probably the most badass depiction of Hercules yet.

Quote:
There was an idea that Kratos after destroying the Olympian gods he would make his way to Scandinavia and run into the Norse gods. I think that Idea ended up getting scraped.
Yeah that would kind of be redundant, Kratos killing of the Olympians was enough I'm glad they scrapped that idea.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-08-2012, 02:23 AM   #386
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

I don't know if I'd call that a badass depiction of Hercules, seeing as how he spent most of the fight getting his ass kicked before his head was pulverized. The biggest moves he made in that fight were him punching the floor. Altogether, I didn't like that depiction of Hercules at all.

Old 04-08-2012, 02:41 AM   #387
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
I don't know if I'd call that a badass depiction of Hercules, seeing as how he spent most of the fight getting his ass kicked before his head was pulverized. The biggest moves he made in that fight were him punching the floor. Altogether, I didn't like that depiction of Hercules at all.
I agree they should have put them both into situations to where they both had to demonstrate there super strength. Well from the game play it looks like Hercules is Stronger but Kratos is slightly weaker but far more skilled in combat.

I loved the way Hercules looked although they could have done without the head gear. I wish the characters would actually look Greek.
God of war Hercules

Here are some old statues of Hercules.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 04-08-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:05 AM   #388
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Of course he's going to get his ass kicked, your playing as his enemy in that case all of the Gods got their asses kicked.

Oh and I was referring to his look and size for the most part, plus him lifting the entire arena at the end was an awesome feat.

Spider-Man - Hear what?

Last edited by BigThor; 04-08-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:11 AM   #389
Gamma_Powered_God
Side-Kick

Other than the headgear, I think he looks pretty cool. I love the Nemean Cestus.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:34 AM   #390
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:

Spidey was the only one lucky enough to not have his games made by sega.

Old 04-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #391
jacobed
Banned User

Capt's game was pretty good

Old 04-08-2012, 06:41 AM   #392
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
Spidey was the only one lucky enough to not have his games made by sega.
Well sega has platnum games now. Platnum games was founded by the former key members of Capcom's Clover Studio. They made byoneta, vanquished and now Metal Gear Soild Revengences<--- .

It would be awesome if they made a game with elements that were inspired by the Avengers. It would be even more awesome if Marvel would allowed them to make an Official Marvel game. Could you imagine what a Thor, Hulk, Ironman, or Captain America game would play like with those gamepaly mechanics.

Bayonetta
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Vanquish - inspired by Gears of War, Ironman, and Transformers
Watch the whole thing you will be amazed!!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Metal Gear Solid - I think there making this game under Konami instead of Sega.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-08-2012, 07:35 AM   #393
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ All of those look cool, but "Metal Gear Rising" looks BADASS I would love to see a Thor, Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, or Avengers game developed by those guys.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-08-2012, 07:49 AM   #394
irapogi
Side-Kick

Incredible hulk ultimate destruction was pretty amazing as well

Old 04-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #395
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irapogi View Post
Yes it was, too bad The Incredible Hulk movie game wasn't anywhere near as good.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #396
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
^ All of those look cool, but "Metal Gear Rising" looks BADASS I would love to see a Thor, Iron Man, Cap, Hulk, or Avengers game developed by those guys.
Yea as long as Marvel doesn't let them run wild and let them do anything that would be out of caracter in the game. Marvel did a good job making sure the Marvel characters in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 accurately resembled and behave like there comic book counter parts.

Thor
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Hulk
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Ironman
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Captian America
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #397
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yea as long as Marvel doesn't let them run wild and let them do anything that would be out of caracter in the game. Marvel did a good job making sure the Marvel characters in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 accurately resembled and behave like there comic book counter parts.

Thor
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Hulk
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Ironman
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Captian America
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Most definately, I agree on all counts my friend.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #398
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by irapogi View Post
Oh yeah; great game!

Old 04-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #399
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

This pic REALLY makes me want to see Thor wear his helmet for an extended amount of time in THOR II.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #400
Godzilla2000
Humble Huntress

Wow...that is an awesome image. It would make a good wallpaper. This just ramifies in me that Marvel should have a continuous series of comic books based upon the Movie Universe continuity. That art is spectacular!

Don't let your only regret in life be the guilt that you didn't spend enough time with the ones you love the most.

"There are no strings on me." - Ultron, Avengers 2: Age Of Ultron
Closed Thread