The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 12:49 PM   #826
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

The better team won, Arsenal were great all over the park, the midfield trio really dominated the game and I think Arteta getting MOTM was for the goal as Song I felt had been the stand out of the 3, he's developed into a fully rounded CM.

Balotelli is a cancer at City and Mancini deserves credit for his honesty in the post-match interview, however he should have took him off for either Tevez or Dzeko at half time. I also think not putting Johnson on to go against Santos was a mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Petrol View Post
Add a few more quality players, don't lose anyone, and we could be a real force again next season with a bit of consistency.
Definitely, your defense is starting to look good, the team seems much stronger mentally and I think you've added some killer directness in the final third this season instead of trying to walk into the net.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Ok. You guys gotta explain this stuff to me.
I also want to know when Dame Judi became an adjective!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 04-08-2012, 12:56 PM   #827
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Ongoing Serie A, La Liga, All English Football, Champions League Thread

Balotelli is a liability. Inter knew this which is why they were happy to get rid of him.

His a good player but not a team player and lack the right temperment.

Old 04-08-2012, 12:59 PM   #828
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

apparently mancini has said at his after game press conference he will sell balotelli in the summer but the problem is getting someone to actually buy him

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 04-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #829
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
apparently mancini has said at his after game press conference he will sell balotelli in the summer but the problem is getting someone to actually buy him
Seriously? is that another 'Tevez will never play again' ****?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:20 PM   #830
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Yes! 8 points ahead! titlee race over then 6 games to go.

What a strike from 18 PAUL SCHOLES the club shoud retire the No18. too bad Carrick's stike hit the post.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #831
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...otelli?cc=5901

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 04-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #832
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I don't understand Mancini didn't he say the other week he doesn't trust Balotelli?

Why play him in such a high pressure game for the club in that case?

Old 04-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #833
B
[insert witty comment]

Excellent day today in both games the better teams won, United's win will be somewhat underestimated by the red card/penalty decision. For me it was debatable on whether it was even a foul, if it was a foul then it has to be a red card because he is the last man & stopped a clear goalscoring chance. There was slight contact on Young's left leg & considering the speed at which he was running it's no surprise he went down.. however for me the contact wasn't made from a loose foot or tackle from Derry, it was more made from Young cutting across him.. abit like Young tripped over Derry rather than Derry tripped Young. He was also in an offside position as well which makes the moment even more irritating.

No doubt the red card/penalty will be used as an excuse by Manchester City fans as to why we won today, however in truth even before the red card you could see what way the game was going. United were in complete control of possession & had QPR pegged back into their own box.. it would have been a matter of time before we'd scored again. The red card just made it worse/harder for QPR & in truth we should have beat them by 4 or 5.

Much like our game in which we benifited from a questionable decision, so did Manchester City. They were lucky to still be in the game by half time seeing as Idiotelli could have been sent off twice for 3 tackles in the first half. The one on Song was a disgrace, infact I'm sick of reading & talking about Idiotelli, the guy is an overrated, overpriced, overpaid striker & hes a clown as well as an embarassment to Manchester City's good season. Made so many reckless challenges today he could & should have been booked for it was fortunate he was still on the pitch by the 89th minute.

However as for the football, Arsenal controlled the game from start to finish I felt. Their midfield trio completely dominated Manchester City's midfield & vurtually won the game for their team. Was good to see Arteta score & highlight their midfield's performance as if van Persie had scored it would have went down to a solo performance from him in the papers. It was a good all round team display from Arsenal today & a rightly deserved win. I'm actually shocked Arsenal have turned things around this year, at the start of the season I was genuinely concerned that the lose of the likes of Fabregas, Nasri, Clicky etc would finally take their toll.. however it just goes to show you should never doubt the ability of Arsene Wenger to get the best out of what's available to him.

Old 04-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #834
B
[insert witty comment]

Quote:
Also says on SSN that Idiotelli also won't play another game for Manchester City.

I could swear I'm having some deja vu as I've heard this somewhere before..

Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 PM   #835
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Mancini has to go as I think he deserves most of the blame for the way this season is ending for them. This team is the embodiment of Mancini. The dysfunction, the complaining, the acting up. How can he ask for his players to act one way and then act the way he does on the touchline and in interviews. Look at the state of the players on this club. Tevez gets pissy about being a sub and goes off to play golf for 5 months. Balotelli is a loose cannon and you publicly say you can't trust him. And these are your best two offensive options.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 04-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #836
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

The Tevez thing made Mancini look weak. All those Man City star players know they can do whatever they want and Berto isn't going to do anything.

When most other managers say you will never play for their team again they damn well mean it.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:10 PM   #837
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
The Tevez thing made Mancini look weak. All those Man City star players know they can do whatever they want and Berto isn't going to do anything.

When most other managers say you will never play for their team again they damn well mean it.
i agree.... he shot himself in the foot letting him come back and play.....

Old 04-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #838
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Ownership is going to ask where all the money went. You think of all the players they brought in and none have made a lasting impact.

Old 04-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #839
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

beer bottle thrown at arsenal's wojciech szczesny from crowd who then drank it

Old 04-08-2012, 03:59 PM   #840
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

He can't out crazy Jens Lehmann who would of peed in the bottle then drank it before screaming obscenities in German at anyone in a 5 metre radius.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:07 PM   #841
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Keepers are....special.

Old 04-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #842
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
He can't out crazy Jens Lehmann who would of peed in the bottle then drank it before screaming obscenities in German at anyone in a 5 metre radius.

Old 04-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #843
ttotheusher
In the Palais

Just watching MOTD, I know it's not his first language, but does anyone else think Arteta sounds like a Spanish Forrest Gump?

Old 04-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #844
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Ivanovic could be in serious trouble here..... it went un-noticed by the ref, but he punched a wigan player yesterday

Youtube Link

Old 04-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #845
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Wow.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:49 PM   #846
kit1982
Side-Kick

Can't believe some of the stuff being said about Balotelli, detrimental to the team? Take away his 17 goals, his 2 against Sunderland last week and his last minute winner against Spurs and see where City would be. In recent weeks he's been the only City player in any sort of form, what have Aguero, Dzeko, Silva and Nasri offered recently? Next to nothing, Balotelli on the other hand has been scoring. Did he do an awful challenge yesterday? Yeh, but you'd think he's been the first player to have ever made a bad challenge. Listening to Robbie Savage rip into him? Get a grip! Lets not forget he was sent off for trying to challenge the fullback in the corner in the 90th minute, defending from the front and all that which is something City's other stars haven't been doing.

Then there's his off the field stuff, which in comparison to the Crazy Gang is tame, yet the Crazy Gang are fondly remembered as this great time in football "when there were still characters in the game" whilst Balotelli's an idiot! Yeh the media target him but they did Cantona, Eric was forever boozing and shagging Lee Chapmans wife whilst at Leeds causing a rift in the dressing room. Howard Wilkinson didn't want to massage his ego, Fergie gladly did. Wilkinson might have looked the big man taking a stance on a player no matter his reputation, but with Fergie Eric won a ****load of titles at United and in football thats what matters. By the same token Mancini should be supporting his player, but after the Tevez debacle he's too bothered about getting into the media's goodbooks (and before every United fan kicks off, yes potentially Balotelli has as much talent as Cantona, but just like Eric it has to be managed well).

Then there's the reason City's title challenge has derailed, simply because United have been relentless, there's a reason they're closing in on a points tally record. Last season City would be 3 wins from the title and the season before they'd be 5 wins away. Fergie has put much more faith in his squad as a whole than Mancini, hence why City look knackered whilst United have a guy like Young who seems as fresh as he did at the start of the season. Bottom line give or take a couple of results United have played pretty much a perfect season started strongly and finishing even stronger, that will always afford you a dodgy middle. Mancini has a hell of alot more to answer to than a striker who has 13 goals in 21 starts.

Rant over!

Last edited by kit1982; 04-09-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #847
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Good rant!

There has been quite an overreaction to Balotelli I believe although I won't compare his talent to Cantona just yet. He needs to be straightened out like many other great but volatile players of the past and has contributed a lot to City this season despite recent events.

Also until you pointed it out I really didn't notice how many points Utd have amassed (despite seeming off the pace) this season. Crazy! 6 wins would see them get 97 points. They only need 11/18 to get 90 points. Utd always seem to do just enough depending on how the other title challengers play. I imagine if the the other traditional big guns had been firing Utd would have been on top of their game and still managed to finish on top.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #848
kit1982
Side-Kick

Oh yeah he's not as good as Catnona right now, but he has the raw tools (strong finisher, great technique, good at free kicks, good at Penalties) if he works on his passing range and heading he could be up there. People forget how young a fellow he is.

Yeh United have been crazy this year, I was ranting all season how average the team is, then I just looked at all their results and realised how well they've done. They've played with Jonny Evans most of the season.... that demands respect!

But my friend enough of this title rubbish, expecting another toon win today? I'm looking at your fixtures and I'm struggling to see many defeats, I know like my boys you are the kings of self destruction but surely 5th is yours I mean with Chelsea having 2 cup distractions and all?

Old 04-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #849
Jack O Lantern
Mad Jack

He is being called an idiot because he is an idiot. He dived in and got a needless second yellow that has ruled him out of the title run in. It's stupid and selfish.

Cantona was the finished article when he came to United, who changed United in how they trained and prepared as much as he helped them on the pitch.

Do you think Ferguson would have put up with Balotelli? Not a chance in hell.

And he's not that good to be honest.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:32 AM   #850
kit1982
Side-Kick

Stupid? Fair enough. Selfish? What trying to close down the fullback in the 90th minute? I'd say thats not selfish, it'd be easier to not put a foot in and just let him clear it (something he's been criticised for in the past) it was the classic Rooney challenge.

Cantona wasn't completely the finished article, he was a sub at Leeds for half the season in 92, it was only after his hattricks against Liverpool (in a chairty shield game renowned for the dodgy betting patterns by a certain Zimbabwean keeper) and Spurs that he came to peoples attention. Cantona like Balotelli needed to treated differently, he had to have allowances, dunno if you listened to any of Lee Sharpes stories he told on his little tour but he'd recall many of occassions where Fergie would go round the dressing room giving 10 of the starting 11 bollockings telling them how **** they've been. Everytime he got to Cantona he'd just say "unlucky Eric". Gary Neville told a story of United players having to go to a function, they had strict instructions to wear a suit with United blazer and be there at 7 on the dot. Cantona turned up at 9 in jeans and a denim coat.

Cantona was a potential disaster, cracking player but there's a reason United went in for Lee Chapman and got offered Cantona, there's also a reason talented he was noone else was willing to put in a decent bid for him. Shagging Leslie Ash (and a few other wives/gf's), he could drink the likes of Batty and Vinnie Jones under the table, he loved a fight and he had a thing for "gentlemans clubs" shall we say.

Would Ferguson put up with Balotelli? Well I don't think Fergie would call him an idiot and continually publicly criticise him above anyone else, I think he'd play it much like he did the Giggs affair, rather than Mancini wo loves to add fuel to the fire. If Fergie was his manager him pranging his car wouldn't be breaking news on all the news networks, like when Ronaldo wrote off his motor it'd get pushed back a few pages. If Fergie likes you he'll put up with your ****, and like Giggs in his interviews it'd be a non affair, it's only if you upset Fergie that you're gone. As you say he put up with Eric's nonsense because he thought he offered something noone else could.

Edit: Just because he is a legend

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by kit1982; 04-09-2012 at 07:44 AM.
Closed Thread