The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #276
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Looks like he won't Shane Black is already on record as saying he dislikes the Mandarin character. Called him a "racist caricature" and i somewhat i agree with him tbh
In their early years, Wasp and Invisible Girl were sexist caricatures. Helpless females who always need powerful men to rescue them.

And what are they today? It's not that difficult to "upgrade" a character a little bit by creating a new interpretation of him...

The Mandarin was good enough for the 2007 animated movie "The Invincible Iron Man" (Lionsgate). So I don't see any reason why he shouldn't work for IM3.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #277
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Default Re: The Avengers: News and Speculation - Part 27A sub-se - - - - - - - - - -

Psyched, wouldn't mind if it were a new character, just don't throw him in another iron suit with an identical HUD and we'll be right as rain.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #278
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ I can't believe people have been over looking this wonder piece of info, I REALLY hope it turns out to be in the actual film.
That would be so mindblowingly awesome.

Old 04-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #279
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Indeed it would.

I took a look at he pic from the Lego set. Could be him, but I'm not sure. Could be someone else...

Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #280
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Indeed it would.

I took a look at he pic from the Lego set. Could be him, but I'm not sure. Could be someone else...
No lie, if this really is in the movie I'm going to start saving up for tickets to either the World premiere or US premiere of Avengers 2.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #281
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekard66 View Post
creepy aint it??

Dekard
Looks like a guy at my gym, lol

Old 04-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #282
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
Shane Black himself said The Mandarin was a "racial caricature".
That would make Iron Man the first superhero in the world to have his own film trilogy and not fight his archfoe from the comics in it!

Old 04-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #283
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post

It's amazing how much of Ruffalo we can see.
wow

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 04-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #284
Mattallica
Side-Kick

Old 04-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #285
Shadowlord X
Side-Kick

I'll always wonder why the creators of THANOS gave him a furrowed chin, which was already so characteristic of another, thoroughly unrelated, entire species, THE SKRULLS.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #286
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekard66 View Post
creepy aint it??

Dekard
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Welcome back.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #287
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
I'll always wonder why the creators of THANOS gave him a furrowed chin, which was already so characteristic of another, thoroughly unrelated, entire species, THE SKRULLS.
I thought that chin was indicative of the Deviants, which the Skrull derived from.

Old 04-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #288
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

An ancient branch of the Deviants would become what we know as Skrulls; Thanos was born a mutant possessing that Deviant gene and thus resembles them more than his own people.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #289
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Oh my god that's so weird... I've been watching the Sopranos for the first time and I was just watching that episode that starred Ben Kingsley and them trying to get him to act in their film

Old 04-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #290
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
^ I can't believe people have been over looking this wonder piece of info, I REALLY hope it turns out to be in the actual film.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
Indeed it would.

If i'm thinking of the same set you guys are talking about on CBM it's def not Ultron.. it was just an X-Ray of Loki's staff that's in the background.. check again i'm almost positive.

edit: here's a zoomed in picture

Old 04-09-2012, 05:52 PM   #291
darthmagic
Side-Kick

Just saw the head count trailer for the Avengers on the NFL network and my girlfriend didn't even make fun of me when i screamed like a little girl

Old 04-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #292
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord X View Post
Why is that so odd? You may as well ask why those creating alien races gave those races a nose, which is something that's characteristic of the human race? Tons of races in sci-fi and fantasy share multiple features. So why should it be unusual for two separate alien races to share one feature, especially given that they share so many other features with humans?

Old 04-09-2012, 06:06 PM   #293
Naite22
Side-Kick

I'm from Denmark, and I was surprised to find out that we Danes are actually getting this movie on the 26'th of April! Where as YOU guys in America, aren't getting it until May 4'th - a whole 8 days LATER!... why??? Anyway, I've booked my tickets for the midnight premier, and I'll be back to give a (hopefully positive) spoiler-free review! :-)

Old 04-09-2012, 06:10 PM   #294
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
If i'm thinking of the same set you guys are talking about on CBM it's def not Ultron.. it was just an X-Ray of Loki's staff that's in the background.. check again i'm almost positive.

edit: here's a zoomed in picture

Damn, damn, damnnnnnnnnnn!!!

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #295
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Damn, damn, damnnnnnnnnnn!!!

sorry

Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #296
protocida
Side-Kick

Thanos was created as Marvel's answer to New God Metron, from Jack Kirby's "Fourth World Saga".

However, Marvel's editor-in-chief said that if they were going to "rip off a New God, it should be the cool one, Darkseid".

You can see the similarities.

Last edited by protocida; 04-09-2012 at 06:23 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 06:32 PM   #297
Mattallica
Side-Kick

too late

Old 04-09-2012, 06:34 PM   #298
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattallica View Post
too late
I know that now, go look at my previous post.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #299
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

question about the Extremis Armor and stuff, i just watched the little 6 part series on Netflix about it... so in like future comics after the Extremis story arch is the underneath armor and everything still infused into his body or w/e in future comic archs?

Old 04-09-2012, 06:44 PM   #300
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post

It's amazing how much of Ruffalo we can see.
Love that Hulk!

He looks so real I could almost touch him.

Closed Thread