Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 04-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #26
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

Default Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Loki, Father of Lies (and Sleipnir)

Loki has the most gorgeous costume in the entire movie, with the possible exception of Iron Man's armor. It's befitting a would-be world conqueror. FOX should take notes from Marvel -- this is how you make characters look powerful and imposing.
Loki's Avengers costume is so badass

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:49 AM   #27
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ Agreed, I can't wait to see it in action in the actual film.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:09 AM   #28
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Terrific article about Tom Hiddleston in the Daily Mail, of all papers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/mosl...isnt-true.html

Quote:
'You know how tennis players raise each other’s game, how Nadal plays his best tennis when he’s up against Federer?

Well, acting with Robert Downey Jr is like playing Agassi. You never know what he’s going to do next. Unless, of course, you happen to be throwing him out of a window and he’s shouting, “Throw me harder, baby. Let’s make it real.”’

Tom Hiddleston shakes his head and laughs. It’s been some journey from the darkness of a cinema in Malmo, Sweden, where four years ago, during a break from filming the first season of Wallander, he spent an evening watching Downey Jr signal his spectacular return to form in the first instalment of Iron Man.

Now, in The Avengers, the superhero film to end them all, this charming Old Etonian and Cambridge graduate reprises his role as Loki, the baddie from Thor, and gets to do battle with a line-up of Marvel Comics’ most iconic characters: Iron Man (Downey Jr), the Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Captain America (Chris Evans) and Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson).

There's a lot more; it's a very good read. And photos!

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:33 AM   #29
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ Great interview Xeno, I'm not gonna lie though I'm getting kind of tired of obligatory "RDJ amazing" type lines in almost every Avengers interview.

I like RDJ as much as the next person, but it's gotten to the point where I'm like "ok, we get it he's a great actor".

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #30
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Fantastic interview!! I didn't know Tom was originally asked to audition for Thor, I can't imagine him as Thor, Loki was the perfect character for him to be cast I think, they got it spot on. Kudos to Ken for that I guess!

On a side note, I watched War Horse the other day, brilliant film, fully recomend it! Only tbh I thought his role was bigger, he's only actually in it for probably less than 10 minutes screen time. Stll fantastic though!

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #31
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
Fantastic interview!! I didn't know Tom was originally asked to audition for Thor, I can't imagine him as Thor, Loki was the perfect character for him to be cast I think, they got it spot on. Kudos to Ken for that I guess!

On a side note, I watched War Horse the other day, brilliant film, fully recomend it! Only tbh I thought his role was bigger, he's only actually in it for probably less than 10 minutes screen time. Stll fantastic though!
Agreed

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:03 AM   #32
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Oh the article was pretty interesting for sure but all that was going through my head was that shot of him holding the hawk in one hand with those tight pants. Whoops, there goes my mid-life crisis again...

- I'd say he's the ragiest but Rajang takes that top spot.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

- I've never really known fragility and tenderness, just grit and steel.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-10-2012 at 10:11 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:17 AM   #33
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
Oh the article was pretty interesting for sure but all that was going through my head was that shot of him holding the hawk in one hand with those tight pants. Whoops, there goes my mid-life crisis again...
According to a tweet, it's technically an eagle (not a hawk)

Quote:
@twhiddleston: @Wilidrine @LulaMadison @thelifeof_rose He was a real eagle and his name is Solomon. He was pretty damn impressive actually. Quite the dude.
I really liked the article. One thing (I think I've said this before) that I love is just how well spoken he is... he also comes across as just a really normal guy (which I think sometimes that fact flies over the heads of the teenie-boppers). I'm glad he stuck to his guns with acting... it's hard to imagine the things he's been in (Wallander, Return to Cranford, Midnight in Paris, War Horse, Thor...etc...) without him.

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #34
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
I apologize, but I was kind of staring at something else a little Southernly of the bird's proximity. Again I blame the tight pants and my mid-life crisis for my inattentiveness to the species of bird and my focus on...uh...other things.

In all seriousness though I felt a bit sad when in the article Tom spoke of coming to blows with his dad about his choice to be an actor. I just hope his dad is proud of him now, because Tom really is very gifted at the craft he loves.

- In a relationship do you want a tough, independent individual who can pull their own weight walking beside you who can lift you up when you need it and vice versa or a heavy burden that you must drag behind you all the time who runs at the first sign of trouble or is incapable of helping in any way?

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-10-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #35
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:

I really liked the article. One thing (I think I've said this before) that I love is just how well spoken he is... he also comes across as just a really normal guy (which I think sometimes that fact flies over the heads of the teenie-boppers). I'm glad he stuck to his guns with acting... it's hard to imagine the things he's been in (Wallander, Return to Cranford, Midnight in Paris, War Horse, Thor...etc...) without him.

Also I like 'he was a pretty cool dude' about the eagle shows he cares about animals too.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Old 04-10-2012, 11:37 AM   #36
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:

Also I like 'he was a pretty cool dude' about the eagle shows he cares about animals too.
Sounds to me like he's an all around great guy.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:46 AM   #37
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinouga View Post
I apologize, but I was kind of staring at something else a little Southernly of the bird's proximity. Again I blame the tight pants and my mid-life crisis for my inattentiveness to the species of bird and my focus on...uh...other things.

In all seriousness though I felt a bit sad when in the article Tom spoke of coming to blows with his dad about his choice to be an actor. I just hope his dad is proud of him now, because Tom really is very gifted at the craft he loves.
Oh Jinouga i think i speak for all the girls when i say your forgiven! you do make me laugh! I agree about his Dad, hopefully they are good now though.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #38
Godzilla2000
Titanium Dragon

Quote:
Oh Jinouga i think i speak for all the girls when i say your forgiven! you do make me laugh! I agree about his Dad, hopefully they are good now though.
Oh, I do try my best to make people laugh and have a good time of course. If I can make one person smile then I feel like it's mission accomplished for me.

I think based on those images Tom has taken a liking to that chocolate brunette hair color though which is fine by me because I myself have that hair color. It's a fine shade of brunette to have and he looks good with it. Though he'll have to be growing his hair out and dyeing it black soon for Thor 2.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #39
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

I'm a fully believer in having a dose of laughter whenever you can, its a wonderful thing, makes you feel good and eliminates anxiousness/nerves and stress. they should make that laughing gass at hospitals available for public lol(or at least ill people...come on make them feel good!)

Anyways....I prefer Tom with the dark brown/black hair. brings out his eyes more. Also it should be a crime to look so gorgeous as a villain. His costume is also a beaut.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #40
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
I'm a fully believer in having a dose of laughter whenever you can, its a wonderful thing, makes you feel good and eliminates anxiousness/nerves and stress. they should make that laughing gass at hospitals available for public lol(or at least ill people...come on make them feel good!)

Anyways....I prefer Tom with the dark brown/black hair. brings out his eyes more. Also it should be a crime to look so gorgeous as a villain. His costume is also a beaut.
I prefer him with the jet black Loki hair...though when his hair was that kind of reddish stage and had the reddish goatee for the filming of Henry V, he definitely looks great with that too.

So I'm thinking, for Thor 2, Loki needs to sport a nice goatee to match his dark locks.

(wondering when we're going to get someone coming in again upset at us for fawning over his looks *lol* it's all in good fun!)

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 02:36 PM   #41
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Oh yeah thatr's what I meant the jet black or dark brown hair suits him best. I love him with the jet black in the films, but in interviews and stuff (natural light) it look a bit too dark compared to his skin....then again im not complaining lol

and yeah lol, but in all honesty if there more male guys posting in here to give more discussion then they'd be less fawning. It's all in good fun, you dont like it you ignore it.

So....Tom....:P So everyone wants Loki to show more magic then he did in Thor, so would you like to see? (also as I new-ish comic Loki reader, what are the full extent of his abilities?)

Old 04-10-2012, 04:51 PM   #42
ladyloki
Side-Kick

Quote:

I agree .. Jinouga your posts are awesome as always !!!

Loki: How desprate are you ? ... and you call on such lost creatures to defend you .

Nick Fury : You have made me very desperate

BAD ASS !!!
ladyloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #43
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

*Thanks to MarvelFreshman*

(P.S. I know this is going to make some smile.)

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #44
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I prefer him with the jet black Loki hair...though when his hair was that kind of reddish stage and had the reddish goatee for the filming of Henry V, he definitely looks great with that too.

So I'm thinking, for Thor 2, Loki needs to sport a nice goatee to match his dark locks.

(wondering when we're going to get someone coming in again upset at us for fawning over his looks *lol* it's all in good fun!)
While I think Tom can rock a mean goatee, I think Loki being "clean shaven" fits his character more since it makes him look more "manipulative" and "mischievious".

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:05 AM   #45
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

No! Hiddleston absolutely cannot wear a goatee as Loki. That would make him so irresistible that even I would start drooling over him. RDJ's sexy goatee is about all I can take, thank you very much.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #46
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

20 bucks and a shot of rum says that a lot of Tom's female fans will enjoy the facial expressions and performance he showed in the recently released clip of Loki confronting Tony in Stark Tower.lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:41 AM   #47
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
20 bucks and a shot of rum says that a lot of Tom's female fans will enjoy the facial expressions and performance he showed in the recently released clip of Loki confronting Tony in Stark Tower.lol
You shouldn't have mentioned it here.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:56 AM   #48
catgirl18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
*Thanks to MarvelFreshman*

(P.S. I know this is going to make some smile.)

Sexy smiling

catgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:03 AM   #49
catgirl18
Side-Kick

insouciant-: tumblr

Old 04-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #50
catgirl18
Side-Kick

aniorro: tumblr
Loki’s reaction when Tony mentioned Thor.
We all know Loki still cares, I mean that expression confirms it.