The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 11:12 AM   #76
floreairfoot
There's a storm coming.

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread (NOT A LOUNGE)

I have no problem with just Miranda, and no Talia. Though, I still think she's Talia.

They're all just people passing through the busy life of superheroes; new or old, it doesn't matter much to me. The comics bring in new supporting characters all the time. Especially lately, with the "New 52".

Old 04-11-2012, 11:16 AM   #77
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

HQ TDKR Promo Art (Catwoman/Bane/Batman)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 04-11-2012, 11:18 AM   #78
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
About freakin' time

Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #79
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Yes i see what you're getting at. BUT it means nothing because you can say that about Rachel too. That Miranda-helping Bruce see his fathers work-character trait could of been applied to Rachel. and its basically what Rachel believed in she just didnt take the time to say those things to Bruce unlike Miranda.
There's a obvious likeness to Rachel. It's meant to be there but the character isn't Rachel.

That's the gripping point. Rachel is dead, Bruce loved Rachel, then this woman similar to Rachel appears. Now she can have similar ideas to Rachel but their personalities can be different and you can play with all sorts of feelings within Bruce with that.

So she's not cancelled out by Rachel and if I remember correctly Rachel wasn't really talking about Thomas much. Tate, as described, would be talking about Thomas, this would be a big deal considering not one person mentioned his name in TDK.

Quote:
My point is you can say "take Rachel out of Begins or Dark Knight and throw her in 89.
I didn't say that.

Quote:
Take Tate out of Rises and throw her into 89. IT WORKS!" So what? Fact is, Miranda Tate without a Talia backstory is Rachel 2.0.
No she's not. There's a big difference in the characters but also a likeness. You're looking at it too superficially. If I took your line of thought there's nothing different between Harvey and Bruce either. Harvey is just Bruce 2.0.

You mustn't confuse likeness to being a carbon copy, these likenesses are there to play on familiar emotions and traits of other characters.

Quote:
Rachel as a whole is very easy to link up with 89 or another Batman story..but Miranda Tate is nothing without Talia.
That's absurd. It's so absurd I almost don't know what to say against it.

If you can't see how a Wayne Enterprises Employee, who seeks to get Bruce back to his father's work through philanthropy is something, WITHOUT her being Talia al Ghul, then you're suffering from a lack of imagination.

Quote:
literally would not have been thrown into this script or thrown into ANY script if she didnt have the Talia backstories/connections with her father and Bane.
What you're saying is really...

Are you suggesting that anyone named Miranda Tate in a Batman story need to be Talia? That doesn't make any sense at all.

She could be a board member and do nothing but be a board member and still have an impact on the story.

Quote:
The only thing i understand from ur argument is that Tate minus Talia could have worked in this movie as just a new love interest/friend to Bruce. But it wouldnt have happened because its too close to Rachel and too random and it would mean absolutely nothing by the end of the film.
Except she would have been the link to his parents that didn't exist in TDK and would have been a polarizing figure to someone like Selina who probably is more interested in the Batman persona than the Bruce persona and Bruce would have had to make a very important choice by the end of the film of who to be with which would have doubled with the idea of who he's going to be Batman or Bruce.

Quote:
Because people would walk away going. "Damn its like we got 3 friggin Rachels practically. A younger trying to be tough Rachel, a tough feisty Rachel and a FRENCH rachel".
Tough? Feisty? Here you are STILL attributing Talia traits after I've tried so hard to divorce Tate from Talia for this discussion.

Quote:
I know ur gonna say HOW COULD IT MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!? HER HELPING BRUCE REALIZE WHAT HIS PARENTS MEANT TO THE CITY AND HIMSELF IS A HUGE DEAL! Yes but an entire character like that wouldnt of been created just for that.
What?

Why wouldn't Nolan have an entire created to just do that? it keeps the existing characters in line and gives them a new person to work off of. Not to mention...he kind of has done that because at some point in this film Talia is probably going to be working as Tate doing that EXACT SAME THING, having her be Talia is simply reducing the need for two characters who could serve as one.

Quote:
Nolan probably would have written that into Selinas arc instead of creating yet another original female character. Meaning: Rachel 2.0
but that's totally counter to Selina Kyle's character as a whole?!

Old 04-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #80
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secret_Riddle View Post
So guys, with the MPAA giving TDKR a PG13, that means the film is essentially finished at this point. (Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-rating-309633)

That means Nolan's 'rough cut' screening was probably closer to a 'final cut' screening. With that said, we've got two conflicting reports on the running time. Gilberg said it ran closer to three hours, while Variety heard it was just over two. Both sources are obviously worthy of a degree of trust, but I wonder why there is such a discrepancy?

Unless of course Variety was just relaying second-hand info that wasn't exactly precise. For example, an executive might have just said something like "Yah, it was a bit over two hours", without really knowing the exact time. If that's true, and Gil was right about the running time, that means the pacing must be really excellent ! Something similar happened with Inception. Someone close to the film (might have been Leo), said something like "it runs somewhere around 2 hours". Final film was two and a half.

Of course, this isn't to say that the running time is a decisive factor in it's own right (especially for Nolan), but it has historically been a pretty good early indicator of a film's quality. Then again, anything over two hours is typically a good sign.

Can't believe the film's finished this early, though. I'm hoping they screen it to critics earlier than usual to really drive up the anticipation.
I didn't realize Variety reported that, I thought it was clarified that it originated from some film site which had it listed as just over 2 hours, they were emailed, and then a few days later the same site that revealed it said that it was "a guess"? That's how I remember it, so I'd have more stake in what Gill said.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #81
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Catwoman!!! So lovely!!

Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 AM   #82
Secret_Riddle
Agent of Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhunt View Post
I didn't realize Variety reported that, I thought it was clarified that it originated from some film site which had it listed as just over 2 hours, they were emailed, and then a few days later the same site that revealed it said that it was "a guess"? That's how I remember it, so I'd have more stake in what Gill said.
Two things happened concurrently with each other. The theater listing was promptly debunked, like you said.

At the same time though, Variety's news editor said this: https://twitter.com/#!/s_oldham/statuses/184793447230750720

He never elaborated, but his sources would absolutely be legitimate, regardless of whether the information is 100 percent accurate. Like I said, my current theory is that he was just relaying a vague impression rather than an exact bit of information.

Detective work is pretty cool, I guess.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #83
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Catwoman looks better every time I see her but, I'm still not there yet.

EDIT: also notice the mud on her heels.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:32 AM   #84
Jedm1991
Blurple Rain

Her heels look metal, or is that just me? used as a weapon?

Old 04-11-2012, 11:33 AM   #85
Jedm1991
Blurple Rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raganork8 View Post
Catwoman looks better every time I see her BUTT, I'm still not there yet.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #86
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedm1991 View Post
Her heels look metal, or is that just me? used as a weapon?
Razors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedm1991 View Post
Trust me, that was not what I was thinking

Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #87
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raganork8 View Post
Catwoman looks better every time I see her but, I'm still not there yet.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:34 AM   #88
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Quote:
HQ TDKR Promo Art (Catwoman/Bane/Batman)

Thank you, RIM ! This is what I'm talking about - high quality pics!

Old 04-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #89
obin_gam
Side-Kick

Gah, theres a little yellow square right underneath her right eye that bugs me to death haha, cant unsee it :cry:

- Gene Wilder
Old 04-11-2012, 11:46 AM   #90
ChrisB
Batman-News.com

Awesome RIM! Where did you find these? I'm going to share them on Batman-News.com, who should I credit?

Old 04-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #91
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by obin_gam View Post
Gah, theres a little yellow square right underneath her right eye that bugs me to death haha, cant unsee it :cry:
Photoshop to the rescue!

Voila! Now she perfect.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:49 AM   #92
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Quote:
Photoshop to the rescue!

Voila! Now she perfect.
You had the perfect chance to insert Halle Berry's Catwoman in there.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #93
obin_gam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Photoshop to the rescue!

Voila! Now she perfect.
lol thanks

- Gene Wilder
Old 04-11-2012, 11:52 AM   #94
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Awesome RIM! Where did you find these? I'm going to share them on Batman-News.com, who should I credit?
http://www.cardboard-cutouts.com/

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 04-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #95
kvz5
HBIC

So are these real pics or enhanced pics based on real ones? The Bane one looks CGI-d but the CW one looks more real to me.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #96
ChrisB
Batman-News.com

Quote:
Awesome, I'll credit you for finding them too!

Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #97
ChrisB
Batman-News.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
So are these real pics or enhanced pics based on real ones? The Bane one looks CGI-d but the CW one looks more real to me.
They're all CGI, but probably based off actual promo photos with the real actors.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #98
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
They're all CGI, but probably based off actual promo photos with the real actors.
Ah gotcha. Thanks.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #99
Nevincer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bummer. She might not look as good in the real film... we already know Hardy is less bulked compared to that promo pic of him.

Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM   #100
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I hope they don't do what there doing with The Avengers. Letting a select group see it three weeks before everyone else gets to see it.

Closed Thread