The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Marvel's The Avengers

Old 04-11-2012, 08:17 AM   #51
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Default Re: The Loki/Tom Hiddleston Thread. We need Loki-Love. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
20 bucks and a shot of rum says that a lot of Tom's female fans will enjoy the facial expressions and performance he showed in the recently released clip of Loki confronting Tony in Stark Tower.lol
Yes, I admit... I loved the facial expressions and performance he showed. What made me even more excited though was that we actually got to see something decent with him. I don't know, I just really kind of feel like he's been shafted in terms of marketing somewhat (which seems odd since he's only the main villain)... that could just be my inner fangirl though *lol*

Quote:
Originally Posted by catgirl18 View Post

aniorro: tumblr
Loki’s reaction when Tony mentioned Thor.
We all know Loki still cares, I mean that expression confirms it.
That was probably one of my favorite little parts of that... another one was just kind of Tony's demeanor the moment Loki looks away from him, he's almost got a look of "I know I'm in deep **** if I push him too much" type of thing (which obviously he does since he gets thrown out the window... wondering exactly what the bracelet does, does it call his armor to him or does it do something else?)

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #52
Godzilla2000
The Black Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlettess View Post
Anyways....I prefer Tom with the dark brown/black hair. brings out his eyes more. Also it should be a crime to look so gorgeous as a villain. His costume is also a beaut.
Well, I've always had a thing for blonds ever since the hormones started kicking in and I much rather like Tom's natural blond hair. I think the black does bring out the ice blue of his eyes as a contrast, but I'll still always prefer him as a blond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyloki View Post
I agree .. Jinouga your posts are awesome as always !!!
Why thank you ever so kindly! I suppose I can consider you my fangirls/boys as well as Loki's?

I do have to say though it has been hard irl to find mirth since I've been suffering from a rather nasty chest cold. My voice left me over the weekend and it's still rather raw. I've had to deal with both a sinus infection and an upper respiratory, all while dragging myself in to work my Nightshifts because I just cannot afford to take time off. Yes, I have had to be a little tough and I've been rather aggressive and miserable for the past two weeks. You can usually tell the severity of my oncoming illness by how cranky I am the week before. I've been trying to cheer myself up, hence why I have been watching an awful lot of Godzilla movies. Nothing makes me happier than watching Kaiju films.

Quote:

aniorro: tumblr
Loki’s reaction when Tony mentioned Thor.
We all know Loki still cares, I mean that expression confirms it.
Oh Tumblr you are a Godsend for Loki fixes.

- Natural or not at all. I believe in effortless beauty that requires no work at all.

- The chill of Winter is easier to deal with than the chill of some people.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #53
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

came across this by Total Film. Don't know if its new or not. There's more, but I just posted Avengers related stuff.
http://www.totalfilm.com/features/to...usson-facebook

Tom Hiddlston

Who'd win in a fight - Loki or Ernest Hemingway?
Hemmingway is constantly going ‘do you box?’ and ‘ever shot a charging lion?’ Loki would put Hemmingway’s machismo back in its box!

Did you ever get wig envy on the set of Avengers working with Scarlett and Chris?

No! The top half of my hair was my own and then they kind put a half wig at the back. Like an evil mullet. I am like an evil Pat Sharp.

Did you ever get wig envy on the set of Avengers working with Scarlett and Chris?

No! The top half of my hair was my own and then they kind put a half wig at the back. Like an evil mullet. I am like an evil Pat Sharp.

In the comics Loki briefly turned into a woman. If this were to be introduced in The Avengers or Thor 2, would you be comfortable relinquishing Loki to another person, or would you insist on playing the part in drag?

I don’t know that in drag I would look nearly as good as Loki would like to look. What really happens in the comics is Loki comes back in the body of Sif – she was the warrior valkyrie played by Jaimie Alexander. So Jaime would have to play it. Jaime is gorgeous and I’d be right behind her.

If you weren't playing Loki and you could play one of the superheroes instead which superhero would you most want to play and why?

I’ve always loved the bad guys. I love Batman. Batman’s cool. Michael Keaton as Batman – I love Christian Bale but no one will surpass Michael Keaton for me. He was the best Bruce Wayne too because he was a bit off the wall and a bit weird.

I've recently named my cat after your character in Thor/The Avengers. Besides this, what is the proudest moment of your career?

Incredible! I’ve had so many amazing moments. I think it was the end of the day that we shot the scene in the middle of Thor between Odin and Loki in the vault when he finds out the truth of his origins. At the end of that day Ken [Branagh] came up to me and said, ‘You were brilliant today and I’m very proud of you’ and then on the way past, Tony Hopkins tapped Ken on the shoulder and said, ‘He’s alright, isn’t he, this kid, he’s alright’.

and for good measure

If you could be the God of anything what would it be?

I would like to be the god of dancing… The god of the party!

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Scarlettess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #54
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:

If you could be the God of anything what would it be?

I would like to be the god of dancing… The god of the party!

Sorry... couldn't resist, reading that just made me think of his little dance from when he was in Cymbeline

short vid of the dance here:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

*lol*

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #55
catgirl18
Side-Kick

[The Mighty Thor, #12.1] spoliers

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...g1yo3_1280.jpg
odins punishments are harsh

Last edited by catgirl18; 04-11-2012 at 04:39 PM.
catgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:09 PM   #56
Prime
Banned User

Quote:

If you weren't playing Loki and you could play one of the superheroes instead which superhero would you most want to play and why?

I’ve always loved the bad guys. I love Batman. Batman’s cool. Michael Keaton as Batman – I love Christian Bale but no one will surpass Michael Keaton for me. He was the best Bruce Wayne too because he was a bit off the wall and a bit weird.

My respect for Tom just wen't up by about 1000% !

Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #57
ladyloki
Side-Kick

omg .. That tv spot with tony and Loki was insane ... I cannot contain my excitment , and those pictures are fantasitc ..

THIS MOVIE IS GONNA BE EPIC

Jinouga my friend .. I Hope you feel better soon, I had a really bad stomach flu myself a couple of weeks ago . I too had to go into work and school sick, it sucked big time .... take care !!

Loki: How desprate are you ? ... and you call on such lost creatures to defend you .

Nick Fury : You have made me very desperate

BAD ASS !!!

Last edited by ladyloki; 04-11-2012 at 05:56 PM.
ladyloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #58
Darkness Falls
Do Try To Keep Up.....

he thinks keaton is the best batman *Respect skyrockets*

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #59
ladyloki
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness Falls View Post

agreed !

Loki: How desprate are you ? ... and you call on such lost creatures to defend you .

Nick Fury : You have made me very desperate

BAD ASS !!!
ladyloki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #60
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
[The Mighty Thor, #12.1] spoliers

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...g1yo3_1280.jpg
odins punishments are harsh
Man I love how protective Thor is of Loki in that panel, it seems that we're going to see the big brother side of Thor even more in The Avengers.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:21 PM   #61
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Man I love how protective Thor is of Loki in that panel, it seems that we're going to see the big brother side of Thor even more in The Avengers.
I think it will definitely add an extra dimension and make it a much better overall film instead of straight action craziness (though there will be plenty of that too)

Old 04-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #62
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Hiddles obviously has good taste. And what he said about Keaton's Batman being off-the-wall and weird was spot on. A man can't be normal if he dresses up like a ginormous bat every night.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:43 PM   #63
Darkness Falls
Do Try To Keep Up.....

i can't wait to see loki fight the avengers
i really enjoyed his fight with thor, how he started playing some mind games with thor to make him angry and get the upperhand using his staff, his tricks and the mocking bad guy laugh he did after he kicked thor haha

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #64
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
i can't wait to see loki fight the avengers
i really enjoyed his fight with thor, how he started playing some mind games with thor to make him angry and get the upperhand using his staff, his tricks and the mocking bad guy laugh he did after he kicked thor haha
....then the "oh sh**" look on his face after he was downed by that lightning blast.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-11-2012, 11:10 PM   #65
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Tom was interviewed by Marvel Live and E!Stream. nothing much new but he did go "oh that's a spoiler" after revealing that he saw the rough cut but the space scenes weren't finished.

http://marvel.com/news/story/18484/w...s_the_avengers

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Old 04-11-2012, 11:12 PM   #66
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Jason and Candice seemed REALLY impressed by his performance.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #67
catgirl18
Side-Kick

“He’s desperate for identity, he’s desperate for possession of something, something to hold onto so that he can actually call himself… himself. And the idea is that Thor has Asgard, and Odin has Asgard, and [Loki] was born to be a king, but he won’t have Asgard or Jotunheim, so he’s come down to Earth, to rule this “inferior planet”… as their king.” — Tom Hiddleston on Loki

Old 04-12-2012, 02:24 AM   #68
catgirl18
Side-Kick

Quote:
the comic was good, butI hate sif ON The Mighty Thor, #12.1 she a jealous snake .she is crazy jealous and ODIN IS ASS poor Sigyn-He has her tongue cut out- comic Odin is intense Hopkins Odin is an upstanding swell guy compared to him.
Sif, she’s very suspicious of Kid Loki and she has a theory about him, which BTW is so wrong especially when you consider JiM.
All Loki and Thor fans should pick it up (because most of the stories are centered on those two).

Thor is a great big brother

Last edited by catgirl18; 04-12-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #69
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
Agreed, it also shows that Loki isn't the all evil doer, he still cares for his brother, he knew he couldn't tell him that Odin had done that to him and Sigyn.

I wanna start reading Thor comics again, any suggestions where to start? (preferably featuring Loki lol) also what is the idea of kid Loki? is it like if Thor an get him to grow up and feel more belonged, he won't turn evil or something?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #70
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Agreed, it also shows that Loki isn't the all evil doer, he still cares for his brother, he knew he couldn't tell him that Odin had done that to him and Sigyn.

I wanna start reading Thor comics again, any suggestions where to start? (preferably featuring Loki lol) also what is the idea of kid Loki? is it like if Thor an get him to grow up and feel more belonged, he won't turn evil or something?
I would say start with JMS's run, but I don't think they focus on Loki much and I usually read Thor comics for Thor himself so I really don't know.

You can always ask Vartha, I'm almost certain he'll know just what to tell you.

Quote:
Thor is a great big brother
He really is, I don't any real person that would put up with as nearly as much from their brother as Thor does with Loki.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #71
catgirl18
Side-Kick

From The Mighty Thor #12.1
A brief retelling of Thrymskvitha. Loki actually makes a passable woman, though how Thrymr confused Thor for Freyja, I can’t imagine. I guess Frost Giants are very nearsighted.
thor has muscles like the hulk.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #72
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:

From The Mighty Thor #12.1
A brief retelling of Thrymskvitha. Loki actually makes a passable woman, though how Thrymr confused Thor for Freyja, I can’t imagine. I guess Frost Giants are very nearsighted.
thor has muscles like the hulk.
Man I forget how jacked Thor is in the comics, he's freakin HUGE in that panel.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-12-2012, 09:35 AM   #73
catgirl18
Side-Kick

In short: prior/during Asgard's assault old Loki struck a deal with Mephisto and Hela. Mephisto would give Hela a land for her Hel for which Loki paid (in a mischievous way, of course) and her in reward allowed his soul to not be bound to go to Hel once he died as other Asgardian's do. After his death on Siege Thor missed his brother and since he learned Loki wasn't Hel bound he called him back like he did to the Asgardian's back in the JMS run beginning of Thor v3. But unlike everyone else, Loki returned as a child.

It seems old Loki got tired of being so predicable and arranged for his own rebirth as a child so that he would not be bound to all his baggage and old ways, and so as a proper god of mischief and chaos become unpredictable again.

kid Loki's first appearance thor 617
Journey Into Mystery and The Mighty Thor

kid Loki appears in these comics Both are really good.

Old 04-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #74
catgirl18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Man I forget how jacked Thor is in the comics, he's freakin HUGE in that panel.
He looks like a bear

Last edited by catgirl18; 04-12-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:13 AM   #75
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Quote:
In short: prior/during Asgard's assault old Loki struck a deal with Mephisto and Hela. Mephisto would give Hela a land for her Hel for which Loki paid (in a mischievous way, of course) and her in reward allowed his soul to not be bound to go to Hel once he died as other Asgardian's do. After his death on Siege Thor missed his brother and since he learned Loki wasn't Hel bound he called him back like he did to the Asgardian's back in the JMS run beginning of Thor v3. But unlike everyone else, Loki returned as a child.

It seems old Loki got tired of being so predicable and arranged for his own rebirth as a child so that he would not be bound to all his baggage and old ways, and so as a proper god of mischief and chaos become unpredictable again.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

kid Loki's first appearance thor 617
Journey Into Mystery and The Mighty Thor

kid Loki appears in these comics Both are really good.
Thanks for the scans and the info catgirl!! very interesting indeed, seems he had his memories erased when he came back as a child, was that (old) Loki's intention then? Loving the art in the panels too, definately makes me want to buy them.