Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Default HBO's True Detective

Deadline:
Quote:
Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson Attached To Star In Cable Cop Drama Series
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: A hot event drama project is hitting the cable marketplace. Written by Nic Pizzolatto, the eight-part series has Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson attached to star and Cary Fukunaga (Jane Eyre) to direct all 8 episodes. Titled True Detective, it is descried as an elevated serial narrative with multiple perspectives and time frames. It centers on two detectives, Rust Cohle (McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a seventeen-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case has been reopened. The concept is for the 8-episode first season to resolve the mystery at hand, with subsequent seasons using same structure but new characters and story. I hear that, in addition to the assembled team of a writer, director and stars, the pitch for True Detective includes two written episodes and a bible. Anonymous Content, which manages both Pizzolatto and Fukunaga, developed the project in-house and is producing. Anonymousí Richard Brown, Steve Golin and Bard Dorros are executive producing with Pizzolatto and Fukunaga.

This is the first TV collaboration for best friends McConaughey and Harrelson who have done two features together, Edtv and Surfer, Dude. For McConaughey, this marks the first regular TV series gig, for Harrelson, it marks a return to the medium where he became a household name as one of the stars of Cheers. Both McConaughey and Harrelson appeared on HBO programs recently ó McConaughey guest starred on comedy Eastbound & Down, Harrelson starred in the movie Game Change. RWSH Agency-repped Pizzolatto, an award-winning novelist and short-story writer, recently worked on AMCís The Killing. McConaughey and Harrelson are with CAA, Fukunaga with WME.
Intrigued...

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-10-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
Crockett
With Teeth

Default Re: True Detective- cable series to star Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson?

Pairing up these two actors should be good, not to mention Cary Fukunaga is directing this.

I hope FX or AMC snatch it.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #3
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Default Re: True Detective- cable series to star Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson?

Will Matthew be shirtless in every episode?

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 PM   #4
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Will Matthew be shirtless in every episode?
Only in his non-sex scenes. For those, however, he'll be fully clothed.

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
Nemi
Murder Tramp

Woody Harrelson? I'm in.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #6
Sgt.Pepper
Nowhere Man

Sounds very promising. And I'm curious to see if the potential second season could match up casting wise.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
Destructus86
Side-Kick

No....not interested. I'm so tired of all these new crime shows.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #8
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Sounds good, the narrative structure could be challenging though, so they the better get it on the right cable channel.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 04-11-2012, 02:54 PM   #9
Wolfwood
Shasta McNasty

Interesting. So if this show is a success, the second season will follow different people? That's definitely a unique concept. With an 8 episode season, it'll most likely go to cable. My money is on AMC, though it may be too similar to "The Killing" for them.

Henchman for Shadaloo
Old 04-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #10
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

Who knows, Netflix could swoop in and out bid the other cable networks like they did for Fincher's House of Lies and Arrested Development season four.

Rick and Morty
Old 04-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #11
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Deadline:
Quote:
HBO Picks Up Matthew McConaughey/ Woody Harrelson Series ‘True Detective’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

EXCLUSIVE: In a competitive situation, True Detective, an eight-part event drama series project starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson, has landed at HBO with a straight-to-series order. I hear the pay cable network is finalizing a deal for an eight-episode order to the high-concept cop drama written on spec by Nic Pizzolatto, with Cary Fukunaga (Jane Eyre) on board to direct all episodes.

True Detective, which sparked heated bidding after it was taken out to the top cable networks earlier this month, is descried as an elevated serial narrative with multiple perspectives and time frames. It centers on two detectives, Rust Cohle (McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a seventeen-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case has been reopened. The concept is for the 8-episode first season to resolve the mystery at hand, with subsequent seasons using same structure but new characters and story. True Detective is gearing to start production right away. It is ready to do so with director and stars on board as well as two written episodes and a bible, which were part of the project’s pitch. Anonymous Content, which manages Pizzolatto and Fukunaga, developed True Detective in-house and will be producing the series for HBO. Anonymous president Paul Green negotiated the deal with the pay cable network, with the company’s Richard Brown and Steve Golin set to executive produce alongside Pizzolatto and Fukunaga, and Bard Dorros also slated to serve in some producing capacity. As part of the pickup of True Detective, HBO also has signed a development deal with Pizzolatto for other projects.

This is the second pickup of a hot spec project by HBO. The network’s sister network Cinemax recently gave a pilot order to Hurt People, GK-tv’s drama project starring and executive produced by William Petersen. This is the first TV collaboration for best friends McConaughey and Harrelson who have done two features together, Edtv and Surfer, Dude. For McConaughey, this marks the first regular TV series gig, for Harrelson, it marks a return to the medium where he became a household name as one of the stars of Cheers. True Detective reunites HBO with McConaughey and Harrelson who both appeared on HBO programs recently — McConaughey guest starred on comedy Eastbound & Down, Harrelson starred in the movie Game Change. RWSG Agency-repped Pizzolatto, an award-winning novelist and short-story writer, recently worked on AMC’s The Killing. McConaughey and Harrelson are with CAA, Fukunaga with WME.
Not surprised it turned out to be HBO.

Old 01-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #12
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/mich...rue-detective/
Quote:
Michelle Monaghan Set As Female Lead In HBO’s Matthew McConaughey-Woody Harrelson Drama Series ‘True Detective’
By NELLIE ANDREEVA

Michelle Monaghan (Eagle Eye) is set to star opposite Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in True Detective, HBO‘s upcoming eight-episode drama, which has a straight-to-series order. The high-concept project is descried as an elevated serial narrative with multiple perspectives and time frames. It centers on two detectives, Rust Cohle (McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a 17-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case has been reopened. Monaghan will play the female lead, Maggie Hart, the wife of Martin Hart (Harrelson), a woman who makes a hard decision that has long-reaching and devastating consequences.

True Detective was written on spec by Nic Pizzolatto, with Cary Fukunaga (Jane Eyre) on board to direct. Anonymous Content, which manages Pizzolatto and Fukunaga, developed True Detective in-house and will be producing the series for HBO. Monaghan’s upcoming films include Gus with Radha Mitchell and Better Living Through Chemistry with Olivia Wilde and Sam Rockwell, which are about to hit the festival circuit. She is with ICM Partners, Circle of Confusion and attorney Robert Offer.

Old 06-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #13
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Teaser:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 06-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #14
nite-owl
Side-Kick

I bet you half of the show's budget went into the catering for McConaughey and Harrelson alone.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #15
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

I'm in because Alexandra Daddario is part of it.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #16
Project862006
Banned User

Official Trailer
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 09-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #17
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Damn! That looks great, McConaughey is on a roll.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 09-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #18
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Yeah, I'll be adding this to my list of shows to watch.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 09-09-2013, 09:00 AM   #19
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Wow. That was like a trailer for a movie.

I'm definitely in.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #20
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Dat Arkapaw.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:52 PM   #21
Frico
Live by the creed

Saw the full trailer for this last night after watching Newsroom and I'm really looking forward to it. Cast looks solid.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 09-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #22
Shifty
Alcoholic Genius

I'm there. Can't wait.

Rick and Morty
Old 09-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #23
zeroapoc
Eldritch Abomination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post
Saw the full trailer for this last night after watching Newsroom and I'm really looking forward to it. Cast looks solid.
Once again... It has Alexandra Daddario, so I'll be watching.

Old 10-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #24
StarLord
Tech Noir.

New Trailer

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Poster

Old 10-28-2013, 12:17 PM   #25
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

I can't wait!

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Closed Thread