The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Should a Namor Movie have more scenes underwater, or on land?
Under Water 15 45.45%
On Land 2 6.06%
Equal Amount of Both 16 48.48%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
MucasMan
Side-Kick

Default In a Namor Movie, Would you want to more Underwater Scenes or On-Land scenes?

With the Thor movie, people were split on how much of a percentage the movie was of Thor on Earth, and how much he was in Asgard (some wanted more Earth - some, more Asgard, and others thought it was a good mix.
With a Namor movie, should they concentrate on the Submariner in his underwater world, or have more scenes on land?

MucasMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:33 PM   #2
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Default Re: In a Namor Movie, Would you want to more Underwater Scenes or On-Land scenes?

Hopefully both, but the ankle winglets have to go as well as flight of any kind.

Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #3
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Default Re: In a Namor Movie, Would you want to more Underwater Scenes or On-Land scenes?

I want a good movie, no matter where it takes place.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #4
OsGom
Mind-Taker

I would hope a larger portion of this movie is underwater.

Old 04-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #5
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

I would rather see more underwater scenes than on land. Atlantis should be something that's a sight to behold. If they spend a lot of time creating a beautiful underwater land they should spend more time showing it.

Old 04-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Hopefully both, but the ankle winglets have to go as well as flight of any kind.

Are you serious??

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:42 PM   #7
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I would like to see him 1st as a villain in an FF or Avengers movie, as the major threat the heroes have to stop, in that movie it would be mostly on land. But in his own movie I see it being more about Atlantis and him being King, Atuma or whatever his name is trying to usurp the throne and Namor having to fight for it. I see his 1st movie starring him and not just him as a villain to be mostly under water, or completely under water. Done using Green Screen and CG effects to make it look like they were under water the whole time.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:38 PM   #8
MucasMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
[/B]

Are you serious??
I agree wiyh the "No-Fly" group

Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 PM   #9
MucasMan
Side-Kick

Quote:
I agree with the "no-flight" request

Old 04-10-2012, 12:05 AM   #10
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I think have him fly, give him winglets on his ankles but never say he can fly because he has tiny wings on his ankles. Just something he has. But its really like the organic or mechanical web shooters argument all over again. It wont change him to not have them, but they would be fun to see in the film.
As for flight, make it like the old days Superman or the Hulk, he is so strong that he propels himself through the air with so much force that he can travel a great distance and look like he is flying.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I always figured the pressure of the deep sea made him adapt to a heavier gravity or something that up on land he's much lighter.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
Shazam
Side-Kick

Don't even do the stupid movie if the ankle wings are deleted!!!

He might as well be Aquaman!! Namor should fly! What is the problem with that??? If you believe a man can breathe water and swim 200 mph and lift 100 tons, then ankle wings should be NO PROBLEM!! Geeez!

Spiderman should not have web shooters of any kind either.....how 'bout that!??

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #13
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I think they should skip the ankle-wings, or at least make them just decorations on his footwear. . . but yes, Namor should fly. If you need a justification, imply that the Atlantean royal family have divine ancestry tying back to Poseidon and the Olympian pantheon.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 04:46 AM   #14
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Underwater . Namor is like the king of sea, so most of the scenes should be in underwater and he lives there.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #15
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Disagreed. The challege for the writers and directors is to portray this in a way that is visually convincing. If Disney/Marvel can't find anyone that can do that, then this movie shouldn't be made.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:52 PM   #16
roach
I am the night

not really....Namor has the ability to fly...the ankle wings are just stabilizers not the cause of his ability to fly...thats how i'd do it

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:07 AM   #17
Gamingboy
Side-Kick

I think Namor should be able to fly (or at least do some sort of gliding/"falling in style"), but I agree that the little ankle winglets need to either be massively redesigned or something. I just don't see them translating to film well.
Maybe they could be some sort of, I dunno, high Atlantean technology or something. Given the fact that in the MCU everything is either science or science that's so advanced it might as well be magic...

Another possibility might be something like having the wings be really small and be the equivalent of, like, the human appendix: it's there but useless. Say that Namor's real "flying" ability comes from the fact that he lives at the bottom of the ocean where the pressure is so high, so when he's at sea-level instead he is so strong he can jump in such a way that it looks like he's flying.

Last edited by Gamingboy; 04-26-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Gamingboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #18
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I would make the anklets more fin-like if anything, but I don't see any good reason to get rid of them.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:02 PM   #19
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

More under-water if I had to pick. But, I just hope they do Namor a solid in terms of representation.

Old 04-26-2012, 04:08 PM   #20
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I would make the anklets more fin-like if anything, but I don't see any good reason to get rid of them.
i agree...or i would just have him fly with the wings and not explain it...hell no movie so far has explained how Superman can fly except for 'he's an alien'

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-26-2012, 04:11 PM   #21
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Sweet avatar roach

Old 04-26-2012, 04:13 PM   #22
roach
I am the night

thanks...i was playing around with my lightsaber and my camera

Old 04-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #23
The Guard
Side-Kick

Why not just have a balance of the land and water scenes?

Just have more of the pivotal action take place underwater.

The ankle wings are fine...but maybe he should be able to retract them or something. And making them a little more fin/flipperlike makes sense.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:54 PM   #24
Green Day
Side-Kick

Underwater mostly so it something different
2/3 of the film underwater
1/3 of the film on land.

Green Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:05 AM   #25
MucasMan
Side-Kick

I see that the thread has split into two directions

Most Namor scenes on land, in water, or equal amounts of both?
Looks like eiher - mostly underwater and - equal amounts of both are trending in the poll

Should Namor fly, and if he does, with his winlets?

Let me just say that winglets flapping like a hummingbird as he flys would be too silly looking. I like the poster who said he uses them as stablizers.
Also, I would like to see him jump for long distances, like he hulk, rather than fly.
I think a cool scene would be to see the Submariner leap out of the water onto land

Also, I'm the OP here, but I can't remember from the original comics if Namor used his winglets to swim, used his feet like a regular swimmer, or just magically propelled himself in a planking position?

Please reply