The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #76
mayo23
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
So... some dude balances a beer bottle on Peter's head, he freaks out and jumps, some thugs take notice, they fight (that picture above), they get off the subway and continue the fight? Remember the shot in the 2nd trailer where Peter is beating people up? That might be the a continuation of the subway fight.
Nah pretty sure those are two different scenes. Peter's wearing different clothes.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #77
Curmudgeon
Killjoy

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsractPo3tic View Post
I got the magazine on my iPad and I'm trying to figure out how to upload a better image of that shot and the only other new shot in it, but the type of file it is can't be loaded on the site so I'll keep working on it. It's not much new info though which is why there are only two new pics I'd assume. Just that Marc Webb is still finishing up the VFX on it and once he's done, he's planning on living in a newly purchased apt in nyc to decompress from being locked in an editing room for so long

Edit: Figured it out:

Yeah I did the screenshot thing first and foremost but the problem was converting it. EW uses .png for their articles and converting it using preview didn't work and I don't have photoshop so I had to find a workaround using Word
What's he holding in that subway shot?

Old 04-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #78
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

His skateboard)

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 04-12-2012, 04:50 PM   #79
Curmudgeon
Killjoy

Looks like cloth of some kind...

Old 04-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #80
PSYLENTGuardian
El Pollos Hermano

Yeah I don't know where people are getting skateboard from. It's wrapping around the pole.

Old 04-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #81
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSYLENTGuardian View Post
Yeah I don't know where people are getting skateboard from. It's wrapping around the pole.
Well, he does have it during the scene & actually uses it.

"Thereís a punk rock quality to Peter Parker thatís really irreverent and fun and thatís something that Andrew embodies in a way that we havenít seen before. Certainly the materials that have come out have a darker sentiment or thereís a darker projection, but weíre very keen on staying loyal to the humor of Spider-Man."
Old 04-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #82
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
What's he holding in that subway shot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealIrOnMaN View Post
His skateboard)
Saketboard
Panic time

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
Proud member of the Hype Elite.
I still respect members of T.H.E.M, no bad feelings toward any of them.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #83
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

Cool new pics! Gonna pic up total Film tomorrow so I'll see if I can get a better (larger) scan in if one hasnt been posted already.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 04-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #84
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I love the new pics

Old 04-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #85
AbsractPo3tic
Marky McFly

Now of course he's bias since he is a producer on the film, but Kevin Feige saw an unfinished cut of the flick and he says it's excellent and should really quiet the whole "why reboot it" talk

Kevin Feige Interview

Old 04-12-2012, 11:16 PM   #86
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

At least he said excellent instead of good.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #87
AbsractPo3tic
Marky McFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GENERAL RAAM582 View Post
At least he said excellent instead of good.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:05 AM   #88
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

All these new pics are sweet, hopefully they'll be in HD soon.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- fun superhero comics drawn by me
Old 04-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #89
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Quote:
Now of course he's bias since he is a producer on the film, but Kevin Feige saw an unfinished cut of the flick and he says it's excellent and should really quiet the whole "why reboot it" talk

Kevin Feige Interview
Nice!

5-.-2-.-14

Old 04-13-2012, 12:14 AM   #90
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:

Kevin Feige Interview

Old 04-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #91
AbsractPo3tic
Marky McFly

Just read the new total film issue: no new pics but a cool article nonetheless. The most interesting part is they've already picked the villain for part 2 and they're going to try to keep the same aesthetic for this group of movies of not having too much going on story wise. Andrew says he liked spidey 3 but feels like it lost it's way by trying to be too big.

Oh and Andrew gets it as far as the character and the separation of spider-man and peter Parker, saying that Peter always feels like Peter not spider-man. Marc Webb says he was happy with the precedent Batman Begins set but he and Andrew were really inspired by Rebel Without A Cause.

If anything else pops out at me I'll post it

Old 04-13-2012, 10:08 AM   #92
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
The most interesting part is they've already picked the villain for part 2

But I also wouldn't mind to see a live-action version of Electro & Mysterio one day! Perhaps, one of them can be used as a secondary villain in the franchise.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #93
AbsractPo3tic
Marky McFly

Quote:

But I also wouldn't mind to see a live-action version of Electro & Mysterio one day! Perhaps, one of them can be used as a secondary villain in the franchise.
Well based on what Andrew said about not being too big and not wanting to repeat spider man 3 idk if they'd ever do the minor villain attached to a bugger villain. I could be wrong but it just felt that way

Old 04-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #94
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Well based on what Andrew said about not being too big and not wanting to repeat spider man 3 idk if they'd ever do the minor villain attached to a bugger villain. I could be wrong but it just felt that way
It could just be a cameo, though (secondary villains). You could do it by word/pictures or rather short scenes. For example, remember the early Ultimate Spidey comics, when Shocker just popped up for 1 page & then got his butt handed?) Something like that would be nice, lol)

Old 04-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #95
Troy_Parker
Banned User

If they can pull off using more than one villain, I see no harm in it.

It worked in TDK.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #96
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy_Parker View Post
If they can pull off using more than one villain, I see no harm in it.
Yeah. Thinking more about it, Mysterio can be used in a very interesting way. If Osborn discovers Pete's identity, not only he can torture him both mentally & physically, but he can also use Beck's magic tricks & other stuff to play some serious mind games with Parker: making him believe, that his dad's somehow alive, y'know, like they used to do in both 616 (Ultimate Spider-Slayer & Vulture arc) & Ultimate universe (Clone Saga).

That would be fascinating to observe. Such confrontation would be quite unique, as it would go deeper into Peter's psyche.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:57 AM   #97
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

I've always wanted to see a Spider-Man movie begin in the middle of a fight between Spidey and a lesser villain. Great way to start a flick. And it could still be part of the plot, so it wouldn't be some throw-away scene - have the film start with a battle between Shocker and Spidey. When Spidey wins, he takes the gauntlets to study them/figure out where they came from, which leads him to investigating Osborn/Green Goblin. That way, we get a kick-ass opening as well as seeing some more villains without the risk of the "too many villains curse".

Old 04-13-2012, 10:59 AM   #98
RealIrOnMaN
Shellhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
I've always wanted to see a Spider-Man movie begin in the middle of a fight between Spidey and a lesser villain. Great way to start a flick. And it could still be part of the plot, so it wouldn't be some through-away scene - have the film start with a battle between Shocker and Spidey. When Spidey wins, he takes the gauntlets to study them/figure out where they came from, which leads him to investigating Osborn/Green Goblin.
Good idea!

Old 04-13-2012, 11:08 AM   #99
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

Yeah. They had Scarecrow in the first 10 minutes of the movie after the prologue, they could do that with Shocker, Electro, etc.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #100
AbsractPo3tic
Marky McFly

Quote:
Good idea!
Oh yeah of course stuff like that could work I would just hope they'd see it as "ok this guy probably can't carry a whole movie so let's not force him into the story" and just use him for a cameo for spidey to get a tune up on and then move on. The reason why two face worked in dark knight is because he tied in thematically with what was going on and was a key part of the plan. In order for it to work in Spidey they'd have to go the same route and really have a smart writer who can make a connection. Like to me, Osborn and any villain works but that's also based on Norman's motivation as a character in this trilogy. In the previous trilogy, they ignored the part of him wanting to take over crime in nyc and be the boss of all bosses but if they put that back in, then you have something with him engineering villains or hiring them, just like in spectacular spider-man

Closed Thread