The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 PM   #151
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: 100% Achievement Completions

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingfantasy15 View Post
I actually never even attempted Veteran on the other two CoD's I have. I'd be tempted, but I've got plenty of other games I'd be more interested in playing than going back through a Call of Duty game. I actually did CoD2 because I didn't think it'd be too horribly difficult and I could just get it done in a few days, I was totally wrong though, that game was tough, I'd spend 3 hours trying to get through one level. Felt it was more difficult than the Ninja Gaiden games. Maybe after getting my current list of games down a little more I'll go back to the two Modern Warfares, but not anytime soon.
You should find them a lot easier than CoD2 anyway if/when you do try them. MW has some hard parts. That timed level at the end 'No Fighting in the War Room' took me ages to finish. MW2 & Black Ops were very easy, only one part in Black Ops where I got stuck at all (SOG) but then that took me about 100 tries. MW3 I hardly died in the whole game on veteran until the very end of the game (another timed section). CoD2, 3 WaW & Classic I always hear are the really hard ones.

Infinite spawns (especially when I haven't figured out that they're infinite), infinite spammed grenades & timed sections are what make these games difficult for me. I must say I get some pleasure out of doing them though one checkpoint at a time. But yeah tonnes of better games out there waiting to be played.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #152
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
Veteran on MW2 is actually really easy because there aren't many areas with infinite respawning enemies like there were in games before. And speaking of Spec Ops:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

It literally took me two years to getting around to completing all the missions.

I'm currently working on finishing the Combat Challenges in Batman AA, something I've been avoiding for a year now. I absolutely suck at them. But I need to get them done, they're the last thing I need for 100%.
Spec Ops are a lot of fun with a buddy but having to get 3 stars on them is a bit like (but not as bad as) having to get 3 stars on Arkham Asylum challenges. I just like trying to beat the challenges however hard. Having to get a particulr combo score by beating the same one 200 times (in my case) drains the fun out of it for me (although I'll still probably do it gradually between other games). The thing is if it was within a campaign with a story element & contribution to the ongoing game I wouldn't mind repeating it 200 times.

Quote:
Yeah, decided to not even bother with the Combat and Predator Challenges in Arkham Asylum until about a year ago. My first playthrough I never really "got" the freeflow combat and since that's essential for the combat challenges I just gave up. Last year though, started looking on YouTube videos of people playing them and gave it a try, this time I really worked on perfecting the freeflow combat and I was able to finish the game. Made getting through City so much easier too.
That's the one reason that would make me finish them. If Arkham games became an ongoing franchise then all the hard work in the challenges will pay off. Otherwise I didn't need any of that to beat the game on hard twice. I found the toughest fight to be the very first fight of the game! Trying to get through that without knowing how the combat system worked I thought it was going to be one of the hardest games ever to complete lol.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #153
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

I can finally add Dead Rising to the list! Finished 7 Day Survivor last night! Started at around 6 or 7pm Sunday, between work, sleep and taking care of a puppy it took me until about 10:30 last night to finish it, luckily my X-Box didn't overheat in that time. Also picture in picture was a life/sanity saver, just turned that on and watched all 5 Marvel Universe movies while monitoring Frank's health.

My list of 100%'s now is;
Dead Rising
Batman Arkham City
Rayman Origins
Lego Batman
Duke Nukem Forever
Sonic 4 Episode 1
Bionic Commando
Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions
Batman Arkham Asylum
Call of Duty 2
Plants vs. Zombies
Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
Bioshock
Assassin's Creed 2
Shadow Complex
Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
King Kong

Old 03-27-2012, 06:55 PM   #154
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
I can finally add Dead Rising to the list! Finished 7 Day Survivor last night! Started at around 6 or 7pm Sunday, between work, sleep and taking care of a puppy it took me until about 10:30 last night to finish it, luckily my X-Box didn't overheat in that time. Also picture in picture was a life/sanity saver, just turned that on and watched all 5 Marvel Universe movies while monitoring Frank's health.
Congrats man. I can't even touch that game because the controls feel too wonky. I played Dead Rising 2 first which had a way better feel to the controls.

I finally finished those damned Combat Challenges on BAA to finish of the game. Practice did make perfect because the last two (supposedly the hardest) each took me no more than 3 tries.

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Bortherhood + DLC (1250/1250)
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Halo Reach (Original 1000G)
Kung Fu Panda
LEGO Batman
LEGO Indiana Jones
Modern Warfare 2
Modern Warfare 3 + DLC (1160/1160)

Googly Eyes
Harm's Way
Kinect Me
Mutation Station

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:53 AM   #155
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Congrats man. I can't even touch that game because the controls feel too wonky. I played Dead Rising 2 first which had a way better feel to the controls.

I finally finished those damned Combat Challenges on BAA to finish of the game. Practice did make perfect because the last two (supposedly the hardest) each took me no more than 3 tries.

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Kung Fu Panda
LEGO Batman
LEGO Indiana Jones
Modern Warfare 2

Googly Eyes
Harm's Way
Kinect Me
Mutation Station
Oh, I had an awful time with those final two Combat Challenges in Arkham Asylum. I'd come so close, but just miss it, either I'd have the points and get killed or survive and just miss the points, I remember one being about 100 points shy of the total required.

Well, I can now add Sonic CD to the list, very easy 200G

Old 03-29-2012, 01:22 PM   #156
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

If you want an even easier 200GS download ''Harm's Way''. It's free and you can get all the achievements in about 20-30 minutes.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #157
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I'm definitely playing Skyrim till I get 100%. Also Gears 3 that 100% (& 2000/2000 ) doesn't seem so far off now that we know what the last DLC's achievements will be.
Quote:
Congrats!

Old 03-31-2012, 03:20 PM   #158
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

80 out of 82 achievements on Gears 3 (1850/2000). That kill 10 in one round as leader in guardian took some doing. I did it 4 times before it unlocked (for some reason the Forces of Nature section was cycling all maps and I didn't realise it had to be on a FoN map). Now only Seriously 3.0 & 2nd re-up to go!

Old 03-31-2012, 03:40 PM   #159
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Hahah holy s**t how many onyx medals do you need now?

Old 03-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #160
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
Hahah holy s**t how many onyx medals do you need now?
I need lancer, explosives and the other 2 that come with getting the last rifle/starting weapon. Also need to get to Rank 100 again to get it & I'm on 70 at the moment (double XP helping out a lot with that!).

Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #161
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
80 out of 82 achievements on Gears 3 (1850/2000). That kill 10 in one round as leader in guardian took some doing. I did it 4 times before it unlocked (for some reason the Forces of Nature section was cycling all maps and I didn't realise it had to be on a FoN map). Now only Seriously 3.0 & 2nd re-up to go!
Wow, that's pretty impressive, I knew I'd never get the Gears Achievements as soon as I saw Seriously 3.0. Just don't have nearly enough time to do all that.

Old 04-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #162
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

WOW just got Seriously 3.0!! I thought I'd have to get Rank 100 again but they must have fixed that issue. Can't believe it. 1950/2000 81/82 achievements. 22 more MP ranks to get to 100%.

Quote:
Wow, that's pretty impressive, I knew I'd never get the Gears Achievements as soon as I saw Seriously 3.0. Just don't have nearly enough time to do all that.
Ah man I can't see how anyone who isn't a huge fan and quite crazy can even consider it! From September till Feb I hardly touched another game and didn't watch any TV at all.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:42 PM   #163
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed: Revelations + 1 DLC (1250G)
Kung Fu Panda
LEGO Batman
LEGO Indiana Jones
Modern Warfare 2

Googly Eyes
Harm's Way
Kinect Me
Mutation Station

I still need the other two MP DLCs for the game worth 240G but I figured i'd still add it since the original 1000G is the most important. I'm close to perfecting all the Assassin's Creed games.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:45 PM   #164
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
I still need the other two MP DLCs for the game worth 240G but I figured i'd still add it since the original 1000G is the most important. I'm close to perfecting all the Assassin's Creed games.
It's quite cool to get everything on a series. I've decided to do that for Elder Scrolls games for life plus Gears of War. How is the multiplayer on Assassin's Creed games?

Old 04-12-2012, 06:02 PM   #165
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's quite cool to get everything on a series. I've decided to do that for Elder Scrolls games for life plus Gears of War.
Yeah. I was looking at your achievements the other day and saw you have a lot for Gears 2 that I can't get. Plus that "Seriously 3.0", I'm guessing there was a lot of leaving the xbox on while away to farm those "play XXXX amount of times in this gametype" medals?

Quote:
How is the multiplayer on Assassin's Creed games?
It's not for everyone that for sure. If you like the story and are comfortable with the controls then you might like it. You have to be really patient with the game. If you just run around and kill your targets quickly you won't get many points. The mp achievements in Brotherhood were hard to get, but the ones in Revelations are piss easy. The hardest one is to get to level 20, that should take about 4-5 hours of game time.

Old 04-12-2012, 06:39 PM   #166
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Yeah. I was looking at your achievements the other day and saw you have a lot for Gears 2 that I can't get. Plus that "Seriously 3.0", I'm guessing there was a lot of leaving the xbox on while away to farm those "play XXXX amount of times in this gametype" medals?
Yeah I only just got it a few days ago! I have a spare XBox with a 5 year guarantee (that I paid for and didn't really want) and I was kind of testing what it would take to break it. So I left it on for about 2 months without turning off at all. Was fine after all that punishment but I just broke the drive yesterday by dropping it

What do you need on Gears 2? Can help if needed. I'm also doing Gears 2 Japanese version where there is an achievement to beat Horde Waves 1-50 on all 29 maps! I just love the series.

Quote:
It's not for everyone that for sure. If you like the story and are comfortable with the controls then you might like it. You have to be really patient with the game. If you just run around and kill your targets quickly you won't get many points. The mp achievements in Brotherhood were hard to get, but the ones in Revelations are piss easy. The hardest one is to get to level 20, that should take about 4-5 hours of game time.
Cool. I own all the games and have been saving them to do them all in one go, probably when AC III comes out. I'll go for everything but I've heard the 1st game has horrendous collectibles and the 3rd hard MP like you said. Guess it depends how much I like the games. It'll look good on your card when they're all lined up in order maxed out!

Old 04-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #167
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah I only just got it a few days ago! I have a spare XBox with a 5 year guarantee (that I paid for and didn't really want) and I was kind of testing what it would take to break it. So I left it on for about 2 months without turning off at all. Was fine after all that punishment but I just broke the drive yesterday by dropping it

What do you need on Gears 2? Can help if needed. I'm also doing Gears 2 Japanese version where there is an achievement to beat Horde Waves 1-50 on all 29 maps! I just love the series.
Thanks, but I don't think I'll go for them. I love the series but the multiplayer/horde achievements are ridonculous. i'm not going to get them just out of spite. Sticking it to the man like a boss.

Quote:
Cool. I own all the games and have been saving them to do them all in one go, probably when AC III comes out. I'll go for everything but I've heard the 1st game has horrendous collectibles and the 3rd hard MP like you said. Guess it depends how much I like the games. It'll look good on your card when they're all lined up in order maxed out!
Oh god, don't even get me started on the first game. Super repetitive and about 100 Templars scattered throughout the game on top of 400 flags to collect. Though there are some really good sites out there with interactive maps to help you along the way. As for Brotherhood's mp, you can find tons of people over xbox360achievements.org that'll boost with you since all the achievements can be earned through player matches.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #168
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Thanks, but I don't think I'll go for them. I love the series but the multiplayer/horde achievements are ridonculous. i'm not going to get them just out of spite. Sticking it to the man like a boss.
Don't blame you. To anyone not a big fan the amount of time needed is way too much. Although the horde ones I don't think are too bad. I would never bother with an equivalent achievement in a different game. I do that too...anything I classify as a 'stupid' achievement' I really don't care if I don't get. Only bothered about maxing games out on a small handful of titles.

Quote:
Oh god, don't even get me started on the first game. Super repetitive and about 100 Templars scattered throughout the game on top of 400 flags to collect. Though there are some really good sites out there with interactive maps to help you along the way. As for Brotherhood's mp, you can find tons of people over xbox360achievements.org that'll boost with you since all the achievements can be earned through player matches.
Thanks, I'm probably going to leave those then at least until I've finished the story on all 5. 100% completion to me is getting every achievement that adds to my enjoyment of the game

Old 04-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #169
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

970/1000 on Skyrim with the last achievement gltiched on me. Probably going to wait for an update rather than starting from scratch.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:04 PM   #170
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
970/1000 on Skyrim with the last achievement gltiched on me. Probably going to wait for an update rather than starting from scratch.
the daedric one?

Trainwreck2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:10 PM   #171
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
the daedric one?
No that's what pisses me off. I purposely got all those out of the way at the beginning so that I could get everything in one playthrough and all on one main character. I had hardly any glitches and then right near the end of the Companions quest I get a mission to a place I've already cleared and it's impossible to progress. Looked it up and it is unfixable currently except on pc.

I don't even really mind starting again but I just wanted my main character to be head of all the guilds rather than split the goodies amongst various characters.

Old 04-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #172
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Ahhh, nothing worse than glitched or unobtainable achievements. Except maybe the ones that are not divisible by 5. My gamerscore always ends in a '3' or '8' because of one of the achievements in the Noble map pack for Halo Reach. It looks dumb.

I'm also against any kind of multiplayer achievements in general. I understand that developers want you to give their mp a chance but having some that require you to get an obscene amount of kills or matches played is bonkers. [I'm talking to you EPIC].

Anywho, I've made more progress in ACR. Finished up the Ancestor's Pack. I'm now at 1340/1490. *sigh* Why not just make it an even 1500G, Ubisoft?

Old 04-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #173
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Ahhh, nothing worse than glitched or unobtainable achievements. Except maybe the ones that are not divisible by 5. My gamerscore always ends in a '3' or '8' because of one of the achievements in the Noble map pack for Halo Reach. It looks dumb.

I'm also against any kind of multiplayer achievements in general. I understand that developers want you to give their mp a chance but having some that require you to get an obscene amount of kills or matches played is bonkers. [I'm talking to you EPIC].
I've had it before so now before I start a game I look it up to check if any achievements are glitched/missable. That's how I knew about the Daedric thing..so annoying that I get this on the very last thing I need to do.

On the divisible by 5 thing I have a windows phone and quite a few games have achievements of like 2g etc so I've given up on that. At the moment my gamerscore ends in 2 & 7 which is better than 1 & 6 for eg lol.

With you on MP as well. I can understand having some for the most popular games....CoD (which doesn't have them!), Halo, Gears & Battlefield & maybe sports games but for everything else the community dies out after about 6 months. I just started Turok and it has only 375g for the campaign & 625 for its inactive MP! Whoever designed that should be thrown off a cliff. 30% should be the max for MP out of the original 1000.

Quote:
Anywho, I've made more progress in ACR. Finished up the Ancestor's Pack. I'm now at 1340/1490. *sigh* Why not just make it an even 1500G, Ubisoft?
I have no idea why that happens so often. I thought everyone liked round numbers. It makes everything look incomplete.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:01 AM   #174
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
With you on MP as well. I can understand having some for the most popular games....CoD (which doesn't have them!), Halo, Gears & Battlefield & maybe sports games but for everything else the community dies out after about 6 months. I just started Turok and it has only 375g for the campaign & 625 for its inactive MP! Whoever designed that should be thrown off a cliff. 30% should be the max for MP out of the original 1000.
I know I might be harsh on Gears achievements but they honestly aren't that bad either. If the ones in 1 and 2 were in 3, I would have gotten them in no time. It's just those 'Seriously' ones that bug me.

Oh and yeah, sucks about Turok.

Quote:
I have no idea why that happens so often. I thought everyone liked round numbers. It makes everything look incomplete.
Yeah, DLC should always be an extra 250G just to keep things neat looking. As I was looking through some older games I found that 'Condemned' has 970G. WTF? Microsoft told them 50 achievements max with at least 1000G and right of the bat SEGA said, "F*** it, we're going with 970".

Old 04-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #175
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:

I'm with you on multiplayer achievements, hate them. Even worse when it's like Bioshock 2 where there's achievements for a DLC that nobody bought. Play and win a match on all the new maps? Okay...wait been playing mulitplayer consistently for two-three weeks without a new map appearing even once! Gave up on 100%'ing that game, have 6 achievements left, but two are next to impossible to get.