The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 05:13 PM   #976
El Payaso
Banned User

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
With how good his performance is, I might consider not laughing at the "NO" scene in the hospital

Nah, screw that thought, that clip failed the test
I don't know what SM2 has that I liked things that i wouldn't in other movies.

I liked the NOOO at the hospital, and the Rain Drops clip and the Newyorkers unmasking and defending Spider-man on that train.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:20 PM   #977
Chris Wallace
LET'S DO A HEADCOUNT...

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part

Quote:
OMG!!!!
Be dead thread, BE DEAD!!!!!!!!
NEVER!!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2012, 05:57 PM   #978
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
With how good his performance is, I might consider not laughing at the "NO" scene in the hospital

Nah, screw that thought, that clip failed the test
That had nothing to do with Alfred Molina's performance as he was fine in that scene; it was the choice of the tentacles having their own mind that failed.

You failed by judging Molina in that scene incorrectly

Old 04-13-2012, 06:39 PM   #979
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Payaso View Post
I don't know what SM2 has that I liked things that i wouldn't in other movies.

I liked the NOOO at the hospital, and the Rain Drops clip and the Newyorkers unmasking and defending Spider-man on that train.
That one worked especially well because this time the villain slapped them down. In Spider-Man 1 Goblin just stood there and let those prats on the bridge throw crap at him and hurl verbal abuse his way. He should have flown up there and thrown a few pumpkin bombs on their heads.

When the do-gooder citizen bit came up again in SM-2, I rolled my eyes....until Ock just grinned at them all, said "Very well" and then smashed them all aside like a boss. Then he took Spidey out with a brutal blow to the face.

Glorious

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 04-13-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #980
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace View Post
NEVER!!!!!!!
If there are no more posts like that monstrosity

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 04-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #981
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

The Spider-Man 2.1 DVD cover textless. Great image, right?

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read it!
Old 04-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #982
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That one worked especially well because this time the villain slapped them down. In Spider-Man 1 Goblin just stood there and let those prats on the bridge throw crap at him and hurl verbal abuse his way. He should have flown up there and thrown a few pumpkin bombs on their heads.

When the do-gooder citizen bit came up again in SM-2, I rolled my eyes....until Ock just grinned at them all, said "Very well" and then smashed them all aside like a boss. Then he took Spidey out with a brutal blow to the face.

Glorious
In another thread you talked about how cool you thought the Joker's was for blowing up Jason Todd and crippling Barbara Gordon. And now you talk about how you wish GG threw pumpkin bombs at the New Yorkers for them trying to help Spidey save the kids. And you also love how Ock attacked the people on the train for standing up against him eventhough they didn't have a chance. Admit it you watch these type of movies for the villains.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #983
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post

Old 04-15-2012, 09:56 PM   #984
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:

Amazing picture.

And...I just saw his hand...never noticed how weird part of that webbing looks.

No need to complain though...look at the webbing on the reboot suit, lol.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:26 PM   #985
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Quote:

I think what makes it stick out is the green background. Not the color you'd think of for Spidey,but he looks good against it.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Old 04-15-2012, 11:02 PM   #986
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
In another thread you talked about how cool you thought the Joker's was for blowing up Jason Todd and crippling Barbara Gordon. And now you talk about how you wish GG threw pumpkin bombs at the New Yorkers for them trying to help Spidey save the kids. And you also love how Ock attacked the people on the train for standing up against him eventhough they didn't have a chance. Admit it you watch these type of movies for the villains.
Two things:

1. What difference would it make if I did watch these movies for the villains? Villains are often the star attraction for great movies. For example The Silence of the Lambs is popular primarily because of Hannibal Lecter

2. No, I don't just watch these movies for the villains, but they are just as big an attraction for me as the hero. Every good hero needs a great villain. I revel in the brilliance of their evil deeds as much as I do for the heroic deeds of the hero.

- The Joker
Old 04-15-2012, 11:09 PM   #987
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Two things:

1. What difference would it make if I did watch these movies for the villains? Villains are often the star attraction for great movies. For example The Silence of the Lambs is popular primarily because of Hannibal Lecter

2. No, I don't just watch these movies for the villains, but they are just as big an attraction for me as the hero. Every good hero needs a great villain. I revel in the brilliance of their evil deeds as much as I do for the heroic deeds of the hero.
I was only teasing, but I agree with you that "every good hero deserves a great villain". And Spidey definitely had 'em in the first 2 movies, imo.

Old 04-16-2012, 01:24 AM   #988
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Amazing picture.

And...I just saw his hand...never noticed how weird part of that webbing looks.
That was one of the small changes they made for the 2nd movie suit, the 1st movie you'll notice he didn't have any web pattern on his palm. Not sure which looks better, they were both great suits.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

INFINITE WONDERS- read it!
Old 04-16-2012, 06:19 PM   #989
SpaceWay2009
Wall-Crawler

I prefer the second suit. The eyes are smaller, the spider emblem looks better, and the color of the suit is more...tinted. The first suit appeared brighter.

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223
Old 04-16-2012, 06:26 PM   #990
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

That image is fantastic...

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 04-16-2012, 11:27 PM   #991
Webhead38
Side-Kick

I think Spiderman 2 remains the definitive Spiderman/superhero film to date. This new one just has too many problems, especially having to revisit the origin once again. That will be three films in four attempts that readdress why Parker became Spiderman. People know the story! PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE! Spiderman 2 is it's own story with a great cast and well paced story. Doc Ock is well designed and looks like his classic self. And it's hard to beat the drama in that script too. So well done. I doubt that will ever be topped.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:25 AM   #992
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webhead38 View Post
I think Spiderman 2 remains the definitive Spiderman/superhero film to date. This new one just has too many problems, especially having to revisit the origin once again. That will be three films in four attempts that readdress why Parker became Spiderman. People know the story! PLEASE LEAVE IT ALONE! Spiderman 2 is it's own story with a great cast and well paced story. Doc Ock is well designed and looks like his classic self. And it's hard to beat the drama in that script too. So well done. I doubt that will ever be topped.
What problems?

The retelling of the origin is important especially when you are trying to separate yourself from a different version of the story. The Amazing Spiderman comic already existed, so why retell the origin in the Ultimate universe? Because it's a new take on the character. Yeah, Pete gets bit by a spider...Amazing = radioactive spider and Ultimate = genetically altered. A small example but it resonates throughout.

Webb's set of films are a new version of the Spider-man story and it deserves an origin. It's important to do the telling of the origin because it draws the audience to the character imo. You can probably do without it but you'd be robbing the audience of an important connection.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 AM   #993
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
You can probably do without it but you'd be robbing the audience of an important connection.
I disagree. That's like saying a reader would be robbed of an important connection with Spidey/Parker if they didn't read Amazing Fantasy #15 first. I'm pretty sure most people that are fans have read Spidey comics from different eras first before reading AF#15. People can still connect with a character without knowing his origins. Especially if the character is well written.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:48 AM   #994
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Put the bold together and that's correct. But definitive superhero film? That was created decades ago with Superman: The Movie that started it all, and then of course The Dark Knight. A good third would be where Spider-Man 2 fits.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:39 AM   #995
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
I think Spiderman 2 remains the definitive Spider-Man film to date.
What is it with the hyphen being lost to people, even google search asks "Didst thou mean no hyphen?"

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 04-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #996
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:
What is it with the hyphen being lost to people, even google search asks "Didst thou mean no hyphen?"
What is it with YOU ignoring Google?

Old 04-17-2012, 11:23 AM   #997
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
What is it with YOU ignoring Google?

Who ignored google? Them painful search engines ask me every time "Did you mean Spiderman?", and I stated that

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 04-17-2012, 11:39 AM   #998
El Payaso
Banned User

Quote:

Who ignored google? Them painful search engines ask me every time "Did you mean Spiderman?", and I stated that
And yet you insist with the hyphen.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 PM   #999
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
I disagree. That's like saying a reader would be robbed of an important connection with Spidey/Parker if they didn't read Amazing Fantasy #15 first. I'm pretty sure most people that are fans have read Spidey comics from different eras first before reading AF#15. People can still connect with a character without knowing his origins. Especially if the character is well written.
Yes but I was referring to TASM in that last paragraph. SM1 is still pretty fresh in the minds of most moviegoers and it would be important to retell the origin to differentiate Webb's universe from Raimi's. From what I understand, there are quite a few differences. It deserves an origin story and I still think that an audience has a greater connection with the protagonist when they are introduced to him in this way. Especially with the origin of PP. We get to see his transformation...watch him struggle and deal with a great deal of conflict. And let's not forget, there are some people out there that have never seen Raimi's films too...like little kids for instance. This will be their first viewing of a Spiderman movie...don't they deserve a proper origin and introduction? I think so.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #1000
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
And yet you insist with the hyphen.
Google did not make the character

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Closed Thread