The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

View Poll Results: What Villain's doth thou desire?
Loki's return 43 30.94%
Enchantress & Executioner 108 77.70%
Maliketh 23 16.55%
Surtur 23 16.55%
Hela 10 7.19%
Karnilla 6 4.32%
Lorelei 4 2.88%
Kurse 7 5.04%
Mangog 3 2.16%
Pentagaar 0 0%
Desak 1 0.72%
Fafnir 3 2.16%
Fenris 4 2.88%
Set 0 0%
Ulik 7 5.04%
Ymir 9 6.47%
Other 3 2.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2012, 12:38 PM   #251
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Villains?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
This was mainly a set up episode. I believe heads will start rolling in the next episode.
Yeah, Alan Taylor nailed GoT. I think he'll nail the vibe of Asgard and the surrounding realms.

Even if it takes a few episodes to get going, the war of 5 kings is coming. I think Thor is going to be in good hands, Plus Kenneth Branagh is staying on as a producer.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #252
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
Yeah, Alan Taylor nailed GoT. I think he'll nail the vibe of Asgard and the surrounding realms.

Even if it takes a few episodes to get going, the war of 5 kings is coming. I think Thor is going to be in good hands, Plus Kenneth Branagh is staying on as a producer.
Agreed. We'll have an even better picture of his work on GoT later on. He'll be directing three more episodes of this season (the next, 8 and 10); also he's a co-producer of this show now.

Gamma Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #253
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Btw, i've found one interview with him, where there's a mention about Thor 2.

Game Of Thrones Season 2 director Alan Taylor interview exclusive

by James Hoare

Game Of Thrones and Thor 2 director Alan Taylor on Season 2, diverging storylines, fearing the fanbase and changing the source material

Director and, as of Season 2, co-executive producer Alan Taylor, may be no stranger to HBO’s exacting standards – having helmed episodes of everything from Sex And The City and The Sopranos, to Mad Men and Broadwalk Empire – but in Game Of Thrones, he’s come up against a set of challenges unique to the groundbreaking fantasy series.
“There’s the war, and there was some expanding the worlds that was set up in the first season – there was an appetite to see it get bigger,” explained Taylor at the launch party for Game Of Thrones The Complete First Season, “so there’s more and more countries and farther afield.
“I guess the biggest challenge narratively, which is a part of that, is the stories we set up in the first season are diverging for now, they’re getting further apart and each one is taking on more stature, so it’s getting harder and harder to keep track of them all – one unit’s in Iceland, one unit’s in Croatia, and we didn’t have a whole lot of money.
“The challenge with any of this fantasy work is achieving the epic and also making it connect emotionally,” Taylor continues, “and doing it for less money than your average blockbuster – it doubles the challenge. I’m amazed by what we were able to pull off.”
“Achieving the epic and making it connect emotionally” could well apply to Alan Taylor’s next big directorial gig as the HBO stalwart is only working on one episode of Season 3 in order to concentrate on Thor 2, following up not only Kenneth Branagh’s first film, but Joss Whedon’s Avengers Assemble in which Chris Hemsworth’s thunder god co-stars.
It’s not just the vast world he’s helped bring to the screen that’ll prep him for Thor 2, but the built-in fanbase the production team have had to wrestle with.

“We’re all right to be terrified of the fanbase,” Taylor admits, “because they can be your biggest supporter and they can be your worst enemy depending on whether they give you the stamp of approval.”

A major factor in that is the changes made from book to film, which have been relatively few so far – at least compared to The Walking Dead and True Blood – but Taylor reveals that the demands of episodic television are forcing executive producers David Benioff and DB Weiss to be less than faithful with the source material, George RR Martin’s five-book (to date!) A Song Of Ice And Fire, in making Game Of Thrones Season 2.
“David and Dan have been cutting out quite a lot of material in the book to narrow it down to its essence, and creating material too and actually making more of some characters, but yes,” he says, agreeing that it’s a necessity for television to be flexible with the material that inspired it.
“Cutting between the worlds is one of the trickiest things for us and we’re still learning how to do it,” Taylor continues, “whether to group the storylines together or separate them and cut between them.
“As a director, you get to focus on the overall view of it and you have to see how it fits into the overall context and this year I was more involved in the overall context – so yeah, you have to keep one eye on that, there’s a tendency to forget that and just concentrate on the movie you’re making.”
Game Of Thrones Season 2 begins April 2 on Sky Atlantic HD.

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/interviews...iew-exclusive/

Old 04-03-2012, 04:08 PM   #254
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yeah, both are amazing.
Great, I'm glad to hear that I can't wait to see what he brings to the table in THOR II.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:17 PM   #255
Gamma Burst
Banned User

The only thing that brings me comfort after the Avengers hype is that we'll get some real news about Thor 2. Can't wait!

Old 04-03-2012, 05:07 PM   #256
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
The only thing that brings me comfort after the Avengers hype is that we'll get some real news about Thor 2. Can't wait!
Yeah like new cast members and hopefully some solidification on who the villains are going to be.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #257
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

I don't necessarily know about Villains but I kinda hope Thor 2 becomes more of an adventure film than an overt character piece.

Maybe Loki enlists Maliketh to capture Jane Austin and Thor has to search the 9 realms for her or something...or better yet someone steals the infinity gauntlet (which could lead to Avengers 2) and Thor takes a crew on a journey through the 9 realms

really just flesh out the Marvel Universe and give it some depth I think would be very cool

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:52 AM   #258
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

I think you mean Jane Foster..Jane Austen was an author. lol.

The Infinity Gauntlet should be saved for Thanos, which, imho, will be for Avengers 3. I suppose I wouldn't mind that for Thor 2, but that is a lot of time for the Infinity Gauntlet to be on the lam and whatnot.

I think I heard mention that Thor 2 will have more to do with some of the other realms so you may get a little of your adventure type film though.

Last edited by MarvelKnight; 04-04-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #259
L0ngsh0t
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
I think you mean Jane Foster..Jane Austen was an author. lol.

The Infinity Gauntlet should be saved for Thanos, which, imho, will be for Avengers 3. I suppose I wouldn't mind that for Thor 2, but that is a lot of time for the Infinity Gauntlet to be on the lam and whatnot.

I think I heard mention that Thor 2 will have more to do with some of the other realms so you may get a little of your adventure type film though.

I did mean Foster lol....

I don't know too much about Thanos but it would be kind of neat if we could use Thor 2 as a device to get the IG out into the open (like the ring in LOTR) so that Thanos can get it at the beginning of A2.

Like Thor chooses to destroy the Gunatlet with his Hammer at the end of the movie, but it just shatters so they hide the pieces all around the 9 realms....but between the end of T2 and the beginning of A2 Thanos has completely rebuilt the Gauntlet or is searching for the final piece (which happens to be hidden in Earth or with SHIELD or what not and that is the first half of the movie, protecting that piece and the 2nd half is trying to stop Thanos

idk sounds like a good movie to me. A) I don't remember enough about Thanos/Gauntlet to know if this is possible (can the Gauntlet even be broken or seperated like that?) B) I'm sure it will never happen

DMB #41
L0ngsh0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:35 PM   #260
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Well the Gauntlet has individual Infinity Gems, but I'd assume anything with the Gauntlet though would have a full compliment of Gems already with it.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:15 AM   #261
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Which one of these looks do you guys want Surtur to have whenever he makes his appearance?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #262
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind seeing emilia clarke for enchantress:

Maybe tricia helfer for hela:

Either way Luke Goss would be a great edition to the cast!! Good Call whoever suggested him! (Malekith!!!!!)

BigThor, I like the middle one but I would guess that they'd go with the first one. It seems closer in feel, to the design of frost giants in the first movie. Probably a bit cheaper to produce than a guy constantly surrounded by flames on his head.

Last edited by Guerrilla; 04-14-2012 at 12:45 PM.
Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #263
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ I'd be okay with that, that design is still a pretty cool take on Surtur even without the flaming head.

Luke Goss as Malekith and Tricia Helfer as Hela would be awesome, but Amanda Seyfried is probably my top choice for Amora.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #264
Aeltri
Elf in Training

Let's see, they both are elven princes with a grudge against humanity. Their look is vaguely similar...let's cast the same guy from HB2. That would be a monumentally bad idea because despite the few things they do have in common Malekith is a completely different character from Nuada. The more and more I look at casting suggestions the more Benedict Cumberbatch seems like the best choice. There were rumors a while back of him being considered for a role in an upcoming Marvel film. Dr. Strange isn't due to come out any time soon so everything points to Thor 2.

Aeltri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:45 AM   #265
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I want either Enchantress, Ymir or Surtur! I'll be happy when I see one of them in Thor 2.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:10 AM   #266
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I want either Enchantress, Ymir or Surtur! I'll be happy when I see one of them in Thor 2.
Same here and you can't have Enchantress without Executioner.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #267
TotalN00b

I'd like to see Enchantress & Executioner feature for sure
BUT I'm pulling for a Surtur vs Thor/Odin/Loki finale, I mean who isn't right? xD
That would be amazingggg

TotalN00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #268
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalN00b View Post
I'd like to see Enchantress & Executioner feature for sure
BUT I'm pulling for a Surtur vs Thor/Odin/Loki finale, I mean who isn't right? xD
That would be amazingggg
Yeah I want that scene to be saved for the third film, along with Surtur himself.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #269
antonydelfini
Did I get You?!!

Thinking of Enchantress and Executioner for the sequel is giving me goosebumps.

Thinking of Odin/Thor/Loki vs Surtur in part 3= i can't explain the feeling.

Surtur should be the main villain in part 3, but he should be introduced in the sequel. It will make the wait for part 3 very painful.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:08 AM   #270
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ Once again, I agree with you

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-02-2012, 04:20 AM   #271
Avenger
Earth's Mightiest Fanboy

I like Enchantress & Executioner for Thor 2. Surtur definitely makes the most sense for Thor 3 IMO, if for some reason it's the final movie then it needs a big (literally and metaphorically) villain.

I love the idea of Thor/Odin/Loki vs. Surtur in the third movie.

Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #272
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't read Thor's comic books. Is Surtur the X-Men's Apocalypse of Thor?

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:16 PM   #273
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't read Thor's comic books. Is Surtur the X-Men's Apocalypse of Thor?
Yeah except he's alot more powerful, he's even far more powerful than Thanos minus the Infinity Gauntlet.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 05-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #274
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Surtur has to be left for Thor 3 IMO, Enchantress/Executioner all the way I would accept Malekith as well , first time back here since creating this thread lol, Now that Avengers is done I'll be here alot more

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #275
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Surtur has to be left for Thor 3 IMO, Enchantress/Executioner all the way I would accept Malekith as well , first time back here since creating this thread lol, Now that Avengers is done I'll be here alot more
I agree, I'm also glad you created this thread because Thor has an awesome rogues gallery.

Spider-Man - Hear what?