Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 06:50 PM   #301
Airwings
Waves of air

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
5'2 is just too short it has nothing to do with some imaginary height issue you think i have

WW is an amazon warrior
Quote:

it is the equivalent of casting a 5'5 superman or Thor

you can have all the acting in the world but you have to resemble the respective character's physical attributes

it is as simple as that

How come Tom Cruise gets away with being short in all his action films?

Oooh, I forgot. He's male, while WW is a woman.

Just cast the other characters with short actors/actresses as well, and the problem is solved. Period.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #302
roach
I am the night

size is something easily dealt with in movies...which is why RDJ wears lifts...or do you really think the hobbit actors are that small?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-14-2012, 07:04 PM   #303
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post

Just cast the other characters with short actors/actresses as well, and the problem is solved. Period.
so cast a bunch of 4'11 actors then LOL

5'2 is way too short for a damn amazon tom crusie is'nt super tall but he sure as hell aint 5'2

but i am over this debate

Old 04-14-2012, 07:11 PM   #304
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamill-Joker View Post
The way I always pictured Ares was like Darth Vader, or Sauron when he is shown in the flashback. Big demonic character in armor who's face is never seen.
I knew someone would bring up that Sauron scene. That's exactly why I pictured it not working. That scene isn't really a fight scene. It's a lot of forced perspective to create atmosphere and a couple of really powerful swings. Cause no one would actually be able to move in a fight scene wearing that get-up. Mask or not.

Heck, look at Clash and how the Gods could barely move their arms in those scene wish the glowing armor.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:17 PM   #305
ЯɘvlveR
vondruke

Quote:

someone hired tom cruise to be superman?! blasphemy!

one of those things is not like the other.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #306
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

I'm not a big fan of Ares being related to Diana via Zeus, I was always more of a fan of her being made from clay. Zeus is already the father of so many characters in Greek mythology. Zeus being her father feels too much like Hercules' origin. When dealing with Diana and her association with Greek mythology, I would like them to stay away from dealing with gods like Zeus as much as possible. Most of the information dealing with the rest of the Greek Gods other than Ares I would like them to keep a mystery.

One place I think that filmmakers need to tread lightly when dealing with Wonder Woman is the involvement of the Greek Gods unless they are going to be dealt with as possibly beings within a different dimension or something like that. Something similar to the characters in Thor rather than actual Gods.

Also, I don't think Ares' face should ever been seen if they go with the version of him in the dark armor. I think he can be a much more intriguing and terrifying character that way. It dehumanizes him and makes him more of a mystery.

Last edited by Hamill-Joker; 04-14-2012 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #307
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Quote:
so cast a bunch of 4'11 actors then LOL

5'2 is way too short for a damn amazon tom crusie is'nt super tall but he sure as hell aint 5'2

but i am over this debate
Rooney Mara's 5'3, is that acceptable?

I believe in Batfleck
Old 04-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #308
Airwings
Waves of air

Tom Cruise is only 170 cm. I am a short guy but even I am taller than that.

Alexander, Blunt, Collins, Daddario, Hathaway, Potente and Tyler are all taller than Cruise.
Good luck finding an actress at Chris Hemsworth's height... 191 cm

Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #309
Project862006
Banned User

^i am not asking for a 5'11 lynda carter type of height

i am fine with a 5'6 - 5'7 actress

actresses like atwell,artreton,blunt,alexander are more than qualified

Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #310
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComicbookKid View Post
I knew someone would bring up that Sauron scene. That's exactly why I pictured it not working. That scene isn't really a fight scene. It's a lot of forced perspective to create atmosphere and a couple of really powerful swings.
That was always my opinion on how Diana fighting Ares would go.

I'm thinking Darth Vader vs Luke Skywalker in Empire Strikes Back rather than Anakin vs Obi Wan in Revenge of the Sith.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #311
ЯɘvlveR
vondruke

Quote:
Tom Cruise is only 170 cm. I am a short guy but even I am taller than that.

Alexander, Blunt, Collins, Daddario, Hathaway, Potente and Tyler are all taller than Cruise.
Good luck finding an actress at Chris Hemsworth's height... 191 cm
XD i don't even know what any of this means. none of this has anything to do with anything.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #312
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I can see it now. Diana learns to be a great Amazon warrior through Hades her mentor. Ares kills him after Diana tries to save her mother who is being held captive in a sphere-like lair/dungeon. Diana then fights Ares in a city in the sky which leads him to reveal he is her father and destroys her bracelets. Steve and her will develop a forbidden romance which will lead her to say, "Hold me Steve, hold me like you did near the lakes of Themiscrya. Where there was nothing but our love". She will also be accompanied by a minotaur that is Steve's co-pilot and can only communicate through animal sounds.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #313
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I can see it now. Diana learns to be a great Amazon warrior through Hades her mentor. Ares kills him after Diana tries to save her mother who is being held captive in a sphere-like lair/dungeon. Diana then fights Ares in a city in the sky which leads him to reveal he is her father and destroys her bracelets. Steve and her will develop a forbidden romance which will lead her to say, "Hold me Steve, hold me like you did near the lakes of Themiscrya. Where there was nothing but our love". She will also be accompanied by a minotaur that is Steve's co-pilot and can only communicate through animal sounds.
Replace Hades with I Ching

Old 04-15-2012, 12:27 AM   #314
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

My hope/dream is that WB will see the Avengers movie do good then dust off the Joss Whedon 'Wonder Woman' script since it still holds up remarkably well today.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-15-2012, 12:33 AM   #315
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Uggghhhhh. Whedon. I mean, Avengers looks good and I liked Dr. Horrible... But ugggghhhhh.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:11 AM   #316
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

It was the BEST superhero script I've read to date. I'd align it with TDK and judging from AVENGERS reviews - that sounds just about right.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #317
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Amy Acker for Wonder Woman!

Nah...

Old 04-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #318
Project862006
Banned User

new image of palicki from gi joe she still would'nt be a bad WW if they give her a proper outfit this time

haven't seen her acting so i cant judge that

Old 04-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #319
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

I certainly wouldn't mind influences from Whedon's script being used.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 04-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #320
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Argue about height
Argue about 'the Diana look'
Argue about age
Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

On Ares:

I think he should have a human form, as well as a taller Darth Vader form, something practical, a bit of stilts, maybe a large stuntman, in fact, basically the way they did Darth Vader. Ares, in full form, should be a movie monster type, not just a glorified royal guy, like he was in Wrath of the Titans or Immortals.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 PM   #321
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

The reason why I'd rather Ares didn't have a human form is because I don't think a human face should be put with the character.

Being this faceless demon-ish character in dark armor I think dehumanizes him and it adds mystery to his character, makes him a more intriguing villain. I also think that it would make him appear untouchable, a greater threat.

Last edited by Hamill-Joker; 04-17-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:17 PM   #322
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Tricky one, I've always had issues with gods in human form, Thor got around it by virtually removing the 'god' aspect altogether and making the Asgardians almost an alien race.

Old 04-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #323
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I assume most fiction pulls that "form you can comprehend" card most of the time when it comes to gods and demons taking on human form.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #324
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

It's a simple thing to explain Ares' human form.

He's bloodthirsty, he wants to feel the heat of battle, feel his blade piercing human flesh, feel the glory of victory with his fellow soldiers. He takes on a human form to feel the most primal urges of humans, hunting and killing. To show man right in the face, how ugly and animalistc they are, which he loves.

I believe in Batfleck
Old 04-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #325
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamill-Joker View Post
The reason why I'd rather Ares didn't have a human form is because I don't think a human face should be put with the character.

Being this faceless demon-ish character in dark armor I think dehumanizes him and it adds mystery to his character, makes him a more intriguing villain. I also think that it would make him appear untouchable, a greater threat.
It adds mystery to the character, but it doesn't make him intriguing. It's him being human that makes him intriguing, the idea that he can be related to. If you make him an inhuman monster, all you get is the Parallax/Galacuts effect, where he's a one dimensional cartoon character of 'pure evil' in this otherwise two+ dimensional world.

Giving him a human form, with a great actor and using that to build the pathos and intrigue in his character, to reveal his inhumanness through a human form, I believe will be much more successful.

What explanation you choose can vary.

Closed Thread