The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 06:16 PM   #601
CGHulk
Green Guy

Default Re: Avatar: The Legend Of Korra

Wow that was good!

Here You can download the first two episode in HD.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season...-1/id511441792

Here you can download it in SD.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season...92?showLC=true

Or watch the first two episodes here.
http://www.nick.com/shows/legend-of-korra/

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 04-13-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:38 AM   #602
sandwraith
The Trailblazer Awakens

Hey guys/gals, hope you enjoy the latest episode tomorrow. I'm only just a wee bit sore but try enjoy it for me too eh?

Old 04-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #603
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Really enjoyed the premire, kind of made me want to go back and actually watch the first series with Aang.

Old 04-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #604
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

They had a Book Three marathon yesterday, I watched almost all of it. So good.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #605
Victarion
Cut

Was the Book Three finale a let down for anyone, was it as expected, or did it exceed expectations?

Old 04-14-2012, 06:19 PM   #606
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I can't remember what my expectations were for the finale but I can say that I still think it is awesome and I really love the Zuko/Azula showdown.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 04-14-2012, 06:35 PM   #607
kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wooden Alligator View Post
Was the Book Three finale a let down for anyone, was it as expected, or did it exceed expectations?
I absolutely loved the series finale. It was a 4 part episode and if edited together would make an incredible anime feature. The animation was amped up, the music was emotional, and everything inbetween was just EPIC. It brought tears to my eyes when I first saw it.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #608
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickass View Post
I absolutely loved the series finale. It was a 4 part episode and if edited together would make an incredible anime feature. The animation was amped up, the music was emotional, and everything inbetween was just EPIC. It brought tears to my eyes when I first saw it.
I think that was the idea for it, one of the creators mention in a behind the scenes kinda thing that they wanted the finale to be like a movie.
Would be cool to see them all cut together without the intros and what not.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 04-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #609
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

The 4 part finale was incredible.

Great moments all around. The one that sticks with me the most is a really sweet (albeit almost tragic) moment between Toph and Sokka as they're bringing down the fire nation airships.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #610
spiderbob
All Hail Britannia

Quote:
It was... alright for me.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the show. But it's conclusion wasn't as satisfying as I was hoping it'd be.

Still an enjoyable show over all, and thus far, the sequel is enjoyable over all as well.

"It's as if we're walking through a maze of sorts. There are always so many paths before us. We choose a path, then we proceed. People like you walk your paths, believing that something you desire is waiting for you. I walk it to confirm that there is nothing there." - Rau le Cruset
Old 04-14-2012, 09:42 PM   #611
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

I watched both episodes today. Korra is a pretty good avatar so far. I liked the metal bending cops and the fact that the chief is Toph's daughter. It's sad that Katara is the last surviving member of the Aang Gang. It's interesting that there are new airbenders now.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:09 AM   #612
cabel
Side-Kick

Quote:
The finale gets a solid 9/10 from me. I didn't like that Mai and Ty Lee didn't get to do anything in the finale outside of their epilogue moments. Understandably it was probably due to time constraints.

I also felt there needed to be another scene between Katara and Aang. If someone, for some reason, had watched the finale without knowledge of the series, you never would've thought they were going to end up together. The kiss was the last big emotional climax of the series, and in terms of the finale, there wasn't a lot that built up to it in my opinion.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:25 AM   #613
OsGom
Mind-Taker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge2099 View Post
I watched both episodes today. Korra is a pretty good avatar so far. I liked the metal bending cops and the fact that the chief is Toph's daughter. It's sad that Katara is the last surviving member of the Aang Gang. It's interesting that there are new airbenders now.
Who said Kitara was the last? I don't think they mentioned Zukko.

I hope Sokka's space sword shows up this series.

I need to make a GIF of Tenzen celebrating Korra's arena win. That was hilarious! Woo!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #614
OsGom
Mind-Taker

O yeah! The Avatar finale was most likely the best finale to a series I've ever had the privilege to see.

Old 04-15-2012, 04:45 AM   #615
IronGirl299
Don't let it control you

I enjoyed the finale greatly and loved how it all turned out. But as with Lord of the Rings, I enjoyed the scenes with the supporting cast more than the ones with the lead character. Sokka, Suki and Toph's bringing down of the airships was great and kicked several butts at once, and while I didn't like that Sokka had to let go of both his boomerang and sword, it meant that he was holding to something even more important. Plus the Agni Kai between Zuko and Azula was intense, escpecially with the final heart-stopping move of Katara at the end!
Aang's battle with Ozai however? Meh...:P

I am a hopeless Hiddles fangirl!

Old 04-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #616
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronGirl299 View Post
I enjoyed the finale greatly and loved how it all turned out. But as with Lord of the Rings, I enjoyed the scenes with the supporting cast more than the ones with the lead character. Sokka, Suki and Toph's bringing down of the airships was great and kicked several butts at once, and while I didn't like that Sokka had to let go of both his boomerang and sword, it meant that he was holding to something even more important. Plus the Agni Kai between Zuko and Azula was intense, especially with the final heart-stopping move of Katara at the end!
Aang's battle with Ozai however? Meh...:P
Well said.

I felt the same way. That scene definitely stuck with me the most and it resonated the most with me emotionally as it really covered the bond they had created in a single instance.

It was very beautifully done.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-15-2012, 05:29 AM   #617
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Sokka letting go or losing his boomerang/sword said that he never needed any of that to be awesome. Just like it didn't matter if he could bend or not. Or at least that's how I saw it.

Spill

Old 04-15-2012, 04:10 PM   #618
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

The first two episodes were amazing! This has the makings of another great avatar series.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:03 PM   #619
sandwraith
The Trailblazer Awakens

I'm not sure if anyone has thought about it but does anyone think this series is toyetic enough? I've been having this thought through my head and I've noticed that Avatar in general has never had any decent merchandising outside of artbooks and graphic novels.

Mattel more or less screwed the pooch on their take of an Avatar toyline but they have been known to cater to the adult collector basis with DCUC and MOTUC lines. You think they might risk releasing a couple of decent Avatar figures as a collectors line?

Alternatively, we could look Eastward and hope maybe companies like Max Factory or Bandai (of Japan) might be interested in the license and make figures in either the Figma line or the S.H. Figuarts line respectively. Pure fantasy at this point but what are your thoughts on the matter?

Do you feel TLA or LOK deserves great toys (sorry, collectible figures) to do justice to their impressive character designs?

Old 04-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #620
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Seeing as how I gave up collecting action figures (ie Marvel Legends) years ago, I really couldn't care less how toyetic it is. Avatar never caught on with toys. I remember some back during the first season of the last series and some Lego sets, but nothing more beyond that.

It has neither the popularity of DC nor the nostalgia factor of MOTU, so I doubt you'll ever see any collector type toys.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:11 PM   #621
DaveMoral
Side-Kick

Meh. I'd rather the kiddies take a kung fu class than play with toys pretending to do kung fu.

Maybe that's because I train in martial arts, one style specifically is baguazhang. I'll use Avatar to get my boys to train bagua with me.

Kung Fu Panda never caught on with toys either. And it's another example of something I'd rather be an inspiration for kids to start going to a kung fu school.

Somehow TMNT is the only thing in martial arts children's entertainment that ever caught on in the toy market. I expect the new TMNT series and toy line to do it again(man, Nickolodeon is seriously becoming my favorite kids' network with all these martial arts shows. They should just become the kids kung fu network).

Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #622
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsGom View Post
Who said Kitara was the last? I don't think they mentioned Zukko.

I hope Sokka's space sword shows up this series.

I need to make a GIF of Tenzen celebrating Korra's arena win. That was hilarious! Woo!
Katara said all her friends and allies have died. I'm sure that includes Zuko.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #623
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge2099 View Post
Katara said all her friends and allies have died. I'm sure that includes Zuko.
No, she said, "My brother and many of my friends are gone."

Old 04-15-2012, 10:44 PM   #624
Scourge2099
Nihilistic Zombie Ninja

Anyone else think that Amon might turn out to be Bumi ? It actually makes sense when you think about it. He's the only non bender in his family. His father was the avatar Aang and his mother Katara was the most powerful non avatar water bender. His oldest sister is a water bender and his youngest brother is an airbender. It wouldn't be surprising if he was jealous about being the only nonbender in his family and seeking to make everything equal.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #625
Liam_H
Side-Kick

I agree with Spidey-Bat she said "many" not "all" of her friends so that leaves open the possibilities for characters to make an appearance.

Spill

Closed Thread