Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 06:48 AM   #151
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Default Re: Fantastic Four reborn! - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Reed and Sue are perfect counter balances because Sue is a strong woman, who has more common sense than Reed does. I'd also say in approaching these two, Sue needs to challenge Reed's hardcore logic at times, and show him the human element.
Yes! There's no reason that Sue has to be a scientist to be 'smart'. Intelligence has many different facets, and Reed and Sue should be yin and yang.

And Reed should NOT be an awkward geek. He should say things that cause awkwardness in others because, unlike Sue, he's not in touch with social niceties. He states his mind clearly and he's not embarrassed about it - even when it embarrasses others. In his mind, he's simply stating facts, and if others can't handle facts, that's their problem, not his.

He should never stutter or stammer. He should be supremely confident - even to the verge of arrogance. Doom and Reed should actually have similar personalities with the huge difference being that Reed's broad goals are for making the world a better place while Doom's ambitions are much more petty and selfish.

The charicterization of Reed as a weak geek who lacks confidence was one of the largest flaws of the first film.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:50 AM   #152
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
Yes! There's no reason that Sue has to be a scientist to be 'smart'. Intelligence has many different facets, and Reed and Sue should be yin and yang.

And Reed should NOT be an awkward geek. He should say things that cause awkwardness in others because, unlike Sue, he's not in touch with social niceties. He states his mind clearly and he's not embarrassed about it - even when it embarrasses others. In his mind, he's simply stating facts, and if others can't handle facts, that's their problem, not his.

He should never stutter or stammer. He should be supremely confident - even to the verge of arrogance.

The charicterization of Reed as a weak geek who lacks confidence was one of the largest flaws of the first film.
Agreed. This is a man who calls himself Mr. Fantastic, afterall. Reed has arrogance, which is one way he and Doom are alike.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #153
metaphysician
Side-Kick

All well and good, but you still need a decent justification for why Sue and Johnny are on the rocket.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #154
Franklin Richards
Banned User

4 keys to start a rocket. Failsafe.

Next?

Old 04-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #155
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Quote:
Agreed. This is a man who calls himself Mr. Fantastic, afterall. Reed has arrogance, which is one way he and Doom are alike.
Reed called himself Mr. Fantastic for a reason. Like most of the things he does.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #156
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:

He should never stutter or stammer. He should be supremely confident - even to the verge of arrogance. Doom and Reed should actually have similar personalities with the huge difference being that Reed's broad goals are for making the world a better place while Doom's ambitions are much more petty and selfish.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Reed was a big wuss in the FOX films.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:03 PM   #157
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
All well and good, but you still need a decent justification for why Sue and Johnny are on the rocket.
NOT if you do not WASTE time retelling the origin, a recap during the opening credits does not need to go into that sort of details.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #158
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Reed and Sue are perfect counter balances because Sue is a strong woman, who has more common sense than Reed does. I'd also say in approaching these two, Sue needs to challenge Reed's hardcore logic at times, and show him the human element.
exactly

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #159
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:

I've said this since the first movies. I totally agree.

:o
Old 04-16-2012, 03:50 PM   #160
StanKirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
I would imagine Marvel will probably be getting the rights to this franchise back within a year or two. Then, we'll probably see a reboot within the MCU phase 3 in 2016 or 2017.
Hope so. If done right there are plenty of stories to make not only one epic trilogy but several potter-like sagas.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #161
BruceWanner
Side-Kick

I have a new possible casting idea for Reed: Josh Brolin?

Old 04-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #162
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
NOT if you do not WASTE time retelling the origin, a recap during the opening credits does not need to go into that sort of details.
As much as I hate origin films.I really want to see the FF origin retold the right way.I feel robbed by the fact that we haven't gotten a proper adaptation of the shuttle launch.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:45 AM   #163
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I also would like to see the origin done right, but as big of a fan of that origin that I am I wouldn't mind seeing it told in a quick opening credits montage... like a news reel.
That way you not only show the origin, its fast, showing what was updated, and it shows that the FF are news worthy all around the world.
As for Reed, I am not sure actors with the body types of Josh Brolin and John Hamm are right for the part. John Hamm reminds me of a Superman or Captain America type, maybe to big for Reed. I don't think Reed should be a skinny Adrian Brody type, but he should be somewhat strong. Maybe like a Clooney type, or the guy who played him in the bad movies Ioan Gruffudd. Not too big, but not too skinny. But I suppose I could be wrong, I wouldn't have thought Evans could play Captain America by looking at him, but he can. And I do like John Hamm. I'd give it a shot.

I hope whoever owns the rights to the movie makes a quality movie from that property, and not just to keep the rights or own the rights to more characters by stuffing characters into the movie. I hope they hire quality writers, actors, and everyone involved makes a great film, even if its not a Marvel film or a Fox film.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:20 AM   #164
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Every time I see billy crudup on film, I think how great he'd be as reed

Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #165
ironmaidenrules
Side-Kick

whats to over think? reed has his own rocket and ben is piloting it.
he says to sue "hey wanna go to space?"
she says "ugh i gotta take my little bro too"
reed says "johnny? ok"

Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #166
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i think it'd be more daring and showing more of reed's egotistical side if his funding was about to end, and he wasn't getting the clearance for the mission, but decided to go anyway. They had to go right at that moment .. (as if someone were after them) and Sue and Johnny had to go with them at that moment (they needed 2 more crew hands or they got roped in out of quick haste).

That moment of reed putting his science before his loved ones safety.. is what separated him apart from Victor. He realized he didn't want to be like him. (id like to see something like that in the film... though id prefer it to just be a flashback)

[=]
Old 04-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #167
OsGom
Mind-Taker

I know I suggested him for Dr. Strange but how about Guy Pearce. I could see him cast as Reed Or Victor. He's got arrogance down pat.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #168
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

hes far more Victor than reed.

[=]
Old 04-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #169
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Good suggestion OsGom, I think Guy Pearce would make a great Dr. Doom.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:28 PM   #170
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

its too bad that he'd probably never do it though

[=]
Old 04-17-2012, 03:38 PM   #171
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
i think it'd be more daring and showing more of reed's egotistical side if his funding was about to end, and he wasn't getting the clearance for the mission, but decided to go anyway. They had to go right at that moment .. (as if someone were after them) and Sue and Johnny had to go with them at that moment (they needed 2 more crew hands or they got roped in out of quick haste).

That moment of reed putting his science before his loved ones safety.. is what separated him apart from Victor. He realized he didn't want to be like him. (id like to see something like that in the film... though id prefer it to just be a flashback)
A bit simplistic but gets the job done. I agree about it being a flashback.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 04-17-2012, 05:32 PM   #172
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Even if you keep the rocket launch, you'll still need to rework it from the original 60s version; space travel by itself is a little too mundane. I would suggest making it a launch of a prototype FTL spacecraft, myself, if you go that route.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #173
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Even if you keep the rocket launch, you'll still need to rework it from the original 60s version; space travel by itself is a little too mundane. I would suggest making it a launch of a prototype FTL spacecraft, myself, if you go that route.
Agreed. Test drive to Saturn and back... something like that

Old 04-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #174
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

What do you guys think about the idea of adapting the Ultimate Fantastic Four Origin?

Old 04-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #175
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

The ultimate universe is the worst thing to ever happen to the marvel universe....

Closed Thread