and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-09-2012, 10:50 PM   #852
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread

I'd be okay with changes to Mandarin's character like that, so long as the changes work. That is the key. Changes are only good when they work.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:44 AM   #853
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Regardless of who he is playing, we know he's a great actor. Kingsley being brought on board, along with the possibility of Extremis aspects really has me excited for this film. I really liked Favreau, but feel new blood in the director chair could be good for this franchise. Looking forward to seeing what Black comes up with.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #854
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

As far as Kingsley playing a different take on Mandarin (possibly). I expect there will be some significant changes, but I'd rather not see him get his powers from Extremis. Keep the ten rings.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 AM   #855
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I guess this thread will get a visit from the thread manager in the next few hours.
And yes, a reworked Mandarin could work.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

Old 04-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #856
third3ye
Side-Kick

If the 10 Rings were in both IM and IM2, wouldn't it make sense that the IM3 villain (Kingsley or not) is either in charge or at the very least connected to the 10 Rings?

Me thinks it's an updated take on the Mandarin, probably merged with elements from the Extremis storyline. I was fortunate enough to have attended a presentation by Fiege on some of his early visions for IM3 a while back and all I can say is whoever the villain turns out to be, Tony is going need every piece of his arsenal to bring him down, so the villain has got to be someone with serious mettle.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #857
DoomsdayApex
Æzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Ghost + Stealth Armor

Please!!!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:28 AM   #858
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Ghost + Stealth Armor

Please!!!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 04-11-2012, 01:50 AM   #859
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
And yes, a reworked Mandarin could work.
Absolutely.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:26 AM   #860
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Kingsley is a quality addition. Now if they can only confirm that Rockwell's returning, I'll be 100% totally stoked.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #861
Figs
Banned User

This was posted in the Avengers thread and felt it should be in here too for those who crave more info about IM3.

http://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor...erview/158942/

Quote:
Well I’m very pleased, and on any Iron Man movie the way the script is right now and the way the movie will be then are two different things, but we’ve been working with Shane for a year already, which is astounding to me and to him. Let’s put it this way: all of these movies and the way we make these movies and the way we lay out these movies comes from a gut instinct. A gut instinct for the way we should introduce Thor to the world, a gut instinct that we’ve gotta go period with Captain America, a gut instinct of “let’s make all these movies first then do Avengers.” The gut instinct on the next phase and phase two is to not have Iron Man 3 be a pseudo-Avengers 2 just like we didn’t want Avengers 1 to be a pseudo-Iron Man 3 and now that you’ve seen it it’s not at all that. That’s feeling like the right choice.

Iron Man 3 is a full-on Tony Stark-centric movie—and I’ll tell you because you’re a good guy—is very much inspired by the first half of Iron Man 1. Metaphorically, we’re not going back to the cave there’s nothing like that, but we’ve always said let’s get Tony back to the cave, which is he’s stripped of everything, he’s backed up against a wall, and he’s gotta use his intelligence to get out of it. He can’t call Thor, he can’t call Cap, he can’t call Nick Fury, and he can’t look for the Helicarrier in the sky.

Old 04-13-2012, 12:32 AM   #862
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

That should maybe calm people a bit who are worried of IM3 being too heavy with Avengers references. Though I still hope that Coulson appears, it would feel weird without him.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #863
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
That should maybe calm people a bit who are worried of IM3 being too heavy with Avengers references. Though I still hope that Coulson appears, it would feel weird without him.
We need IRON COULSON

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-13-2012, 12:47 AM   #864
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
We need IRON COULSON

My brain would melt from the sheer epicness.

Old 04-13-2012, 01:04 AM   #865
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Just think, with his own armour suit he could watch as much Super Nanny as he wants anywhere, anytime.

Old 04-13-2012, 05:15 PM   #866
Chewy
REDACTED

So apparently Iron Man 3 is going to be co-financed by a Chinese company called DMG. Will be announced Monday.

Does that mean what I think it means?

Old 04-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #867
Chewy
REDACTED

They also put out a casting call for extras, specifically for "those of Chinese as well as Middle Eastern descents"

Old 04-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #868
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

There's a casting call here in Raleigh for this Saturday. A friend of mine is going out for it. If he gets in, I shall report!

EDIT: Here's what they're looking for...
- A set of identical twins (male or female) between the ages of 12-14
- Artsy and/or eccentric types
- computer geeks
- Professor types, business professionals (men & women)
- Upscale preppy types
- Those with unusual hair, piercing or facial hair

All ethnic backgrounds are needed.

Last edited by Crimson King; 04-13-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 08:45 PM   #869
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Actually, they're allowing you to send in your information to their email address. Done! I think I fit the part of the geek.

Old 04-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #870
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Actually, they're allowing you to send in your information to their email address. Done! I think I fit the part of the geek.
Same here. Good luck to you. Since I have to work both tomorrow and Sunday, going to the live action casting call would waste a lot of gas and aggravation on my part.

E-mailing is so much simpler.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 04-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #871
Retroman
Side-Kick

Lightbulb Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread

Not sure if this is new but i found this interview in which the veteran costume designer Louise Frogley talks about pre-production.

From Costume Designer's Guild:

Quote:
Louise Frogley:
“Iron Man 3″

By Gina Silverstein, March 26, 2012

Costume Designer Louise Frogley at Bill Hargate's preparing for "Iron Man 3"

Frogley is currently working with a much larger budget for “Iron Man 3” starring Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man and Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts. This installment is being directed by Shane Black who Frogley depicts as “so brilliant, interesting and such a great guy.” Still in the prepping stages until filming begins in May, 2012, she is unable to divulge details for the highly secretive Marvel film but during this interview, she was preparing and lining up clothing for a fitting with Downey. Since this is the first film in the franchise for Frogley, she has found Downey to be particularly helpful because he knows “so much about what he wore previously” and likes to get involved in what he is wearing. She has been putting together each change for the actor, two or three sample looks, so he gets some idea of what she has in mind. She also has help from Marvel’s costumer Timothy Wonsik.

Frogley did a quick fitting recently with Paltrow to get a “direction everyone’s happy with” but will not do a full fitting until April. In the meantime, she is sourcing and holding the items until then to ensure availability. For most of the characters, there will be a substantial amount of made-to-order and aging to be done because multiples are needed to burn, damage and blow up. Frogley reveals that she will not be designing any superhero costumes except one and that her job will not be as difficult as Costume Designer Alexandra Byrne’s upcoming “The Avengers,” which she had an opportunity to see a sneak preview of. Fan boys and girls for both films can read into that what they will.

Since “Iron Man 3” will film exclusively in Wilmington, North Carolina, Frogley will be working with both Los Angeles-based and local crew. She prefers to collaborate with the same people if she can and finds putting together a department one of the most challenging aspects of costume designing. “I think the crew part is the most fundamental and important,” she explains. “It fills me full of fear.” Already on board is Bob Moore as set costumer, who she worked with on “Constantine,” and Jeanie Baker, a local costumer who was with her on “Contagion.” Her supervisor is Cheryl Beasley who shares Frogley’s belief that the department should be “seamless, painless and harmonious with no raised voices.”

Perhaps it is one of those stranger-than-fiction moments in time for Frogley. Just as her career is hitting new heights, she is back to Wilmington, full circle to where she started her American career. “I need to stay in America because I’m an American now,” says the ex-pat. “And I can’t tell you how totally happy I am with the kind of work I’m getting and people I’m meeting. It’s just perfect.”
SOURCE Links:http://costumedesignersguild.com/art.../spotlight-on/
http://costumedesignersguild.com/art...ght-on/page-3/

Old 04-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #872
Project862006
Banned User

‘Iron Man 3′ To Be Co-Produced In China

Quote:
Shanghai/ Beijing and Los Angeles, CA – The Walt Disney Company China, Marvel Studios and DMG Entertainment today announced the intention to co-produce IRON MAN 3 in China. Under the arrangement, DMG Entertainment will make an investment in the production of IRON MAN 3, manage the Chinese co-production process, and jointly produce the film in China. The Chinese portion of IRON MAN 3’s production will run through DMG Entertainment in coordination with Marvel Studios’ production and creative teams. DMG will also distribute IRON MAN 3 in China in collaboration with The Walt Disney Company China.

IRON MAN 3 will be the third movie in the billion-dollar plus franchise from Marvel and stars a returning cast including Robert Downey Jr. (as billionaire inventor Tony Stark) Gwyneth Paltrow (as Pepper Potts) and Don Cheadle (as James “Rhodey” Rhodes). IRON MAN 3 is produced by Kevin Feige and executive produced by Alan Fine, Stan Lee, Louis D’Esposito, Charles Newirth, Victoria Alonso, Stephen Broussard and Dan Mintz. The film is being directed by Shane Black who is working on the script with Drew Pearce. The film releases in the United States on May 3, 2013, and is being distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures in all territories worldwide other than in China (which is being distributed by DMG Entertainment) and Germany/Austria (which is being distributed by the Tele München Group).

“The popularity of the Marvel franchise globally creates a huge opportunity to deliver fans yet another action packed film,” said Stanley Cheung, Managing Director, The Walt Disney Company, Greater China. “The co-production of IRON MAN 3 in China is testimony to the importance of this audience to Disney and the local industry capability to deliver a blockbuster title,” he added.
“We look forward to working alongside DMG to bring IRON MAN to the Chinese marketplace in a significant way. We are confident that Marvel’s stories will continue to be enjoyed by Chinese audiences, and adding a local flavor, and working with our new local partner, will enhance the appeal and relevance of our characters in China’s fast-growing film marketplace” said Rob Steffens, General Manager of Operations and Finance for Marvel Studios

“Our collaboration with Disney and Marvel marks a milestone in the global entertainment landscape, as this signifies the first multi-billion dollar franchise to be produced between Hollywood and China,” said Dan Mintz, CEO of DMG Entertainment. “The IRON MAN franchise has been a major success worldwide, and we look forward to pushing the series to new heights with IRON MAN 3. The movie will further build upon its compelling storyline, and feature the hottest A-list stars, and spectacular action, which will resonate well both globally and in China, the second largest box office market in the world.”

The first installment of IRON MAN lifted off with high-speed, high-flying action when jet-setting industrialist Tony Stark survives an unexpected attack and escapes by building a high-tech robotic suit of armor. When he uncovers a nefarious plot with global implications, he dons his powerful armor and vows to protect the world as Iron Man. Straight from the pages of the legendary comic book, Iron Man is a hero who is built—not born—to be unlike any other and made US$581 million at the global box office when released in 2008. Based on Marvel’s iconic Super Hero, IRON MAN 2 continued the story of the 2008 summer box office blockbuster IRON MAN, and made US$624 million at the global box office when released in 2010 Now, IRON MAN 3 continues the story with a new chapter that will deliver more heart-pounding action than ever before. Marvel Studios’ IRON MAN 3 will find Tony Stark with his back against the wall, facing his most fearsome foes yet.
Shooting is expected to commence in May in the United States and begin location filming in China in late summer 2012.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #873
Adamantium Man
Just Another Metal Person

I love all that I'm hearing about the concept to this. Tony Stark has always been at his best when he's forced to improvise, use his mind, MacGyver a suit of armor out of duct tape and a condom, stuff like that. "Getting him back into the cave" sounds awesome. I can't wait for this movie.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:37 AM   #874
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Yeah IM3 has a lot of potential.

Old 04-16-2012, 08:46 AM   #875
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

The press release about co-production in China pretty much confirms Mandarin, then, in some form or fashion. I'd say 99% likely to show up now.

Still, the press is saying Kingsley isn't playing the "main villain," so either he's not the one they've got pegged for Mandarin, or else it's more of another R'as al-Ghul/Henri Ducard switcheroo. I'm more inclined to believe the latter.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Closed Thread