The first!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #127
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
The first!
The one without the flames, just the long "devil horns"?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #128
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
The one without the flames, just the long "devil horns"?
LOL. You rearranged them again? I mean the second pic, with the flames.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:39 AM   #129
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
LOL. You rearranged them again? I mean the second pic, with the flames.
Yeah but I've got them in the order I want them now, yeah I think that's the version I wanna see as well.

He's 1000ft tall in the comics, how tall do you want him to be in the film?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #130
Neo_3
Side-Kick

1001ft. Yeah I want the 2nd pic. The video game one he just looks weird and the first without the flames is not Surtur.

Old 04-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #131
Gamma Burst
Banned User

I'd like to see something like Kronos, from Wrath of Titans. How about you?

Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 AM   #132
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I was just about to say that, yeah I definately would like to see Surtur around Kronos's height except with much faster movements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_3 View Post
1001ft. Yeah I want the 2nd pic. The video game one he just looks weird and the first without the flames is not Surtur.
Do you mean it's not a good representation of Surtur or it's another character, because that IS Surtur in the first picture as well as the others.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-14-2012, 08:23 AM   #133
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Yeah, he needs to be faster. Visually Kronos was amazing, imo.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #134
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Yeah, he needs to be faster. Visually Kronos was amazing, imo.
Yeah Kronos was awesome, he just moved and talked alot slower than Surtur should.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-14-2012, 10:07 AM   #135
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was just about to say that, yeah I definately would like to see Surtur around Kronos's height except with much faster movements.

Do you mean it's not a good representation of Surtur or it's another character, because that IS Surtur in the first picture as well as the others.
I meant for the movie I like the 2nd pic.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:31 AM   #136
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
I agree. He has to look epic and mythological, like something that makes you think the world is ending type epic lol.

I think going Surtur for Thor II might be to early though. I think they should save him for the third film, same as i'd like to see Thanos saved for Avengers III if he's in it at all.

Here is what i would like to see a version of, in concept anyway.

The destruction of the Bifrost and Loki's cavorting in the nine realms underbelly has really shook things up. Odin can no longer easily enforce his rule so fear of him has diminished. Powerful enemies are now setting power plays in motion.

A major villain (not sure who I would prefer) rises up and sets his eye on usurping Odins rule of the realms. Amora is a rogue "mole" of sorts and assists him from inside Asgard.

Loki has found himself punished severely but still loved by Odin and Thor, thus spared. He begins to understand he must stop "lashing out", bide his time, and see how things play out. He begins to wonder if there still could be a place for him in Asgard. Amora begins to align herself with Loki and Loki concedes (both are circling each other and considering each others usefulness) but there is genuing interest and understanding. Loki should get a "love interest" of sorts from this, in their own twisted way.

Amora is playing both sides should Asgard not fall in the ensuing conflict. Loki figures out something is up but is conflicted on what to do.

Much more of course but a general concept of things. I'd really like to see more Asgardians and a lot of intrigue/politics within Asgard. Baldur NEEDS to be in it.

I'd like to see the seed of a love triangle with Sif. I actually think this should be Portmans last Thor movie. They should figure out that it just can't work by the end of Thor and it should be a bittersweet moment, leaving he and Sif for Thor III (jmho).

I would also like for whatever chaos/plots are unleashed in Thor II to have unforseen implications in awakening a GREAT evil (Surtur) for the next movie.

Just ideas but I would like for Thor II to be epic and span most of the nine realms.

Last edited by WildcatNC; 04-14-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:57 PM   #137
Sif
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatNC View Post
I agree. He has to look epic and mythological, like something that makes you think the world is ending type epic lol.

The destruction of the Bifrost Powerful enemies are now setting power plays in motion.

Loki has found himself punished severely but still loved by Odin and Thor, thus spared.

I'd really like to see more Asgardians and a lot of intrigue/politics within Asgard.

I'd like to see the seed of a love triangle with Sif. I actually think this should be Portmans last Thor movie. They should figure out that it just can't work by the end of Thor and it should be a bittersweet moment, leaving he and Sif for Thor III (jmho).

Just ideas but I would like for Thor II to be epic and span most of the nine realms.
I like all of this.
I'd like to see something on the scale of near ragnarok proportions since the destruction of the Bifrost is one of the first things to happen that lead to ragnarok. Something similar but not exact, just big on that kind of scale.
The family drama.
The politics of Asgard.
And yes I agree Sif ftw. She is supposed to be his wife in myth and in a few comic books so you know, out with Foster and in with Sif.

Old 04-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #138
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I like the Simonson Surtur the best. without horns.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 04-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #139
Gamma Burst
Banned User

Quote:

I think going Surtur for Thor II might be to early though. I think they should save him for the third film, same as i'd like to see Thanos saved for Avengers III if he's in it at all.

The destruction of the Bifrost and Loki's cavorting in the nine realms underbelly has really shook things up. Odin can no longer easily enforce his rule so fear of him has diminished. Powerful enemies are now setting power plays in motion.

A major villain (not sure who I would prefer) rises up and sets his eye on usurping Odins rule of the realms. Amora is a rogue "mole" of sorts and assists him from inside Asgard.

Loki has found himself punished severely but still loved by Odin and Thor, thus spared. He begins to understand he must stop "lashing out", bide his time, and see how things play out. He begins to wonder if there still could be a place for him in Asgard. Amora begins to align herself with Loki and Loki concedes (both are circling each other and considering each others usefulness) but there is genuing interest and understanding. Loki should get a "love interest" of sorts from this, in their own twisted way.

Amora is playing both sides should Asgard not fall in the ensuing conflict. Loki figures out something is up but is conflicted on what to do.

Much more of course but a general concept of things. I'd really like to see more Asgardians and a lot of intrigue/politics within Asgard. Baldur NEEDS to be in it.

I would also like for whatever chaos/plots are unleashed in Thor II to have unforseen implications in awakening a GREAT evil (Surtur) for the next movie.

Yes to all of this.

Old 04-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #140
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:

I agreed

Executioner can also be brought along so Thor would have someone to "spar" with and he can even have his classic "last stand" against Hel's legions.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #141
Aeltri
Elf in Training

This is my favorite design for Surtur (with much shorter horns):

It's true to Simonson's version without being too cartoony.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:21 AM   #142
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

What's that from?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #143
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Damn that's an awesome picture of Surtur, I'd just tone the the horns and remove the lava cracks so he looks less like Kronos in WOT.

That's bring up another point, I hope they differentiate him enough from Kronos in WOT so most of the GA won't see him as a rip off.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #144
Godzilla2000
The Black Blur

Quote:
Damn that's an awesome picture of Surtur, I'd just tone the the horns and remove the lava cracks so he looks less like Kronos in WOT.

That's bring up another point, I hope they differentiate him enough from Kronos in WOT so most of the GA won't see him as a rip off.
I'd give him thick, curled, ram horns. Of course despite Surtur predating The Lord of the Rings, you may get some people comparing him to the Balrog.

I think if they ever have Surtur in the movies he'll look like this:
http://holdyourfireal.smugmug.com/Bo...r-Marvel-L.jpg

- Natural or not at all. I believe in effortless beauty that requires no work at all.

- The chill of Winter is easier to deal with than the chill of some people.

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 04-15-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #145
catgirl18
Side-Kick

Kevin Feige Talks About Loki's Status in Thor 2 (SPOILERS)

Will he be the villain?

Marvel Studios Production President Kevin Feige recently spoke about Thor 2 including Loki's status and more. Check out the highlights:

On Loki's status in the film: "Loki has a part, but there will be a different villain, another big villain. But you can't do a Thor movie without Loki."

On Thor's development as a character: "Well it's sort of the crux of the whole sequel and it's what [Chris] Hemsworth is most excited about diving into, and it's what is the heart of story; it's Thor and Jane, to continue that dynamic. Really they were only together for three days, and do they love each other? Do they like each other? Do they know each other? We're acknowledging that that love story in the first movie was sort of a quick crush, essentially, over the course of three quick days in the middle of the desert. And [the heart of the movie is also] the relationship between Thor and Odin, which does change drastically as it did over the course of the first movie, and picks up and continues from there."

On how the timing works out for the characters in regard to The Avengers: "Look, the way The Avengers is constructed, not a lot of time passes over the course of the movie and whether it's Cap or Thor on the ground in the States here in modern day, they don't have a lot of time to deal to deal with their own stories, they've gotta deal with the stories of The Avengers. So while the relationship between Loki and Thor certainly has changed and has progressed, a lot of Thor 2 is picking up where it left off in terms of Jane … and also what's been going on in the Nine Realms without the Asgardians being able to use the Bifrost? I will just say it's not good."

Chris Hemsworth on the film: "I have read a script and we start shooting in August. I met with [director] Alan Taylor a couple of months ago and Natalie Portman and I and Alan and a couple of Marvel guys and it was hugely exciting. Ken [Branagh] did such a wonderful job and, with scheduling or what have you, he didn't end up doing this one, but I'm a big fan of the Game of Thrones series, which is Alan's latest work, and I think that is what's exciting about the second one: making it sort of more tangible and having a more organic feel to Asgard and that world. I think the science fiction element to Thor… the danger is it falls a little bit into the world of it's 'tough to throw a light to.' I think of big waterfalls and mountains and a Viking influence, where the Norse mythology kind of grew from. Having that in Asgard is going to make it all the more special and that's what Alan wants to bring to it. I think that would be the new aspect to this one."

Old 04-15-2012, 02:18 PM   #146
04nbod
I need to debrief you

As long as they take that 'quick crush' in the direction the first hinted at then all will be well. I'm glad Chris is excited about that aspect of the film most. He said elsewhere that he thinks the most satisfactory thing would be to see Thor and Jane happen and he's right.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #147
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

The romantic aspect of the next movie could either be Sif or Jane--don't care--but I really hope it's not the central story. Not every superhero movie has to have a love angle in it. I'm not against romance in general, but I feel like it's taken too central a role lately.

Old 04-15-2012, 02:34 PM   #148
WildcatNC
I'm on a BOAT ***** !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeltri View Post

That looks ****ing awesome.

Ymir could also be an option, awakened by the destruction of Jotenheim.

Old 04-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #149
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeltri View Post

This looks really good and could definitely be a good base for a film version of Surtur.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #150
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
The romantic aspect of the next movie could either be Sif or Jane--don't care--but I really hope it's not the central story. Not every superhero movie has to have a love angle in it. I'm not against romance in general, but I feel like it's taken too central a role lately.
Agreed, Thor's sequel should be about delving into his universe and telling a truely epic story so any "romance" should come second to that.

I'm not against romance either, but I feel thatit's taken too central of a role in cmb films as well.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Closed Thread