The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #76
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 8,948
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Agree to disagree. I don't see being able to control the worlds defenses ,communications, and power grids, the goal of annihilating the human race, not enslaving them, a step down. Just the thought of seeing SHIELD helicarriers falling from the skies the world being blacked out with a snap of his fingers sounds amazing to me. I picture seeing Ultron created and being an assistant/servant with the inquisitiveness of HAL and looking up to Hank like a father figure to the point you feel bad for him once he turns at the end of an Antman movie.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #77
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

^ I agree, Ultron is definately not a step down from Loki if anything he's even more dangerous and he's a perfect choice for the main villain in Avengers 2.

I just don't see why people want to see Thanos as the villain in Avengers 2 with Ultron being the villain in Avengers 3, now THAT would be a step down.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*

Last edited by BigThor; 02-16-2012 at 02:53 AM.
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #78
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,723
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Ultron is only as powerful as the tech available to him. In the MCU that's not much. What makes him dangerous in this context? I don't see it. One move (taking power) is great for one scene.

And you can be sure that movie Thanos won't be as powerful as comic book Thanos. Omnipotence doesn't translate very well into fight scenes in films.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 AM   #79
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,580
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

The only way to know if it works is if they give it a shot. But I'll tell you what, I'd rather have Marvel than some other idiotic studio (i.e. Galactus as a frickin' cloud) try and attempt it. (the whole omnipotence thing)

As far as Tech Goes:
We only have seen what we've seen on film. With secretive agencies like SHIELD, not to mention the fact that they are introducing (aliens, gods, and machines created by Gods). Even for a casual fan of the movies, I doubt it would be so unbelievable to show that SHIELD has some pretty advanced tech we haven't seen yet. A good time to show some of that stuff would probably be against an Asgardian God and an Alien Army.

The great thing about Marvel doing their movies is they can introduce stuff that hasn't been on the films yet but its not a stretch because it is in the source material(marvel comics as a whole) therefore really, anything is possible. Pym and Stark are two of the Smartest people in the Marvel U. Bring Banner into the equation, and I'm sure a super advanced AI such as Ultron could find a way to incorporate some advanced Stark and Gamma Tech and make it even more advanced to suit his Kill all Humanity mission.

* Plus, Ultron in and of itself is highly advanced, and he is always looking to improve. If they use Ultron in A2 the tech is inherently already available by him being there, In my opinion.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #80
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Ultron is only as powerful as the tech available to him. In the MCU that's not much. What makes him dangerous in this context? I don't see it. One move (taking power) is great for one scene.

And you can be sure that movie Thanos won't be as powerful as comic book Thanos. Omnipotence doesn't translate very well into fight scenes in films.
Are you serious? Regular 21st century technology is more powerful than you think, especially when you're able to control pretty much all of the technology on earth.

Just imagine Ultron hacking every main computer system in the world, which would basically give him control over every major weapon on the planet.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:11 AM   #81
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 18,075
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

I would like to see either Wolverine or Spider-Man!

And for the villain, I would like to see Dr. Doom!

Marvel should work with Sony/Fox for the movie rights of those characters so they can appear in Avengers 2.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | WOLVERINE | PORTRAYED BY HUGH JACKMAN
"You called that a landing?" - X1
"I thought I was just an animal, with claws" - X2
"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #82
Iron-Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 53
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

I'd like the see hints of a Hydra resurgence in Cap 2, and a full blown army being led by Red Skull (with Justin Hammer as the weapons developer to replace Dr. Zola) appearing in Avengers 2. Although that setup, with a bad guy from a solo movie creating an army and invading, sounds like a basic mix of Avengers 1 with Captain America: the First Avenger, so I don't see it happening.

So maybe we'll get Avengers 2: Avengers....in space!! ??

Iron-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:30 PM   #83
DrCosmic
Professor of Power
 
DrCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: In the Moment
Posts: 5,723
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Are you serious? Regular 21st century technology is more powerful than you think, especially when you're able to control pretty much all of the technology on earth.

Just imagine Ultron hacking every main computer system in the world, which would basically give him control over every major weapon on the planet.
Is there something more powerful than nuclear missiles I'm not aware of? He blacks out the cities and blows up some other cities. That's all the story he's capable of, afaik.

Okay that's not true, he can also hack personal information from the heroes and confront them on a personal level, which would be cool.

But regardless, it wouldn't be like the comics, where there's abundant super tech to use on the heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
The only way to know if it works is if they give it a shot. But I'll tell you what, I'd rather have Marvel than some other idiotic studio (i.e. Galactus as a frickin' cloud) try and attempt it. (the whole omnipotence thing)
A good writer can recognize a bad story without having to spend a million dollars putting on a screen first.

Quote:
As far as Tech Goes:
We only have seen what we've seen on film. With secretive agencies like SHIELD, not to mention the fact that they are introducing (aliens, gods, and machines created by Gods). Even for a casual fan of the movies, I doubt it would be so unbelievable to show that SHIELD has some pretty advanced tech we haven't seen yet. A good time to show some of that stuff would probably be against an Asgardian God and an Alien Army.

The great thing about Marvel doing their movies is they can introduce stuff that hasn't been on the films yet but its not a stretch because it is in the source material(marvel comics as a whole) therefore really, anything is possible. Pym and Stark are two of the Smartest people in the Marvel U. Bring Banner into the equation, and I'm sure a super advanced AI such as Ultron could find a way to incorporate some advanced Stark and Gamma Tech and make it even more advanced to suit his Kill all Humanity mission.

* Plus, Ultron in and of itself is highly advanced, and he is always looking to improve. If they use Ultron in A2 the tech is inherently already available by him being there, In my opinion.
The movies are not the comics. The only tech is Stark's. Pym is set in the 60s and Banner is only a biologist, so there's no Pym/Banner/Gamma Tech. Derailing the character development of those characters to shoehorn in stuff from the comics that's the result of 40 years of development is not a good story/not going to happen. Don't confuse moviegoers accepting gods and aliens as having superhuman tech (or else how would they get here?) with them accepting humans with superhuman tech without sufficient development ala Iron Man. Just because they like Cheerios does not mean they'll love Tastee-Ohs!.

No matter what tech SHIELD has, it's not going to have the destructive power of Nukes. It's not going to be effective against Loki's army, or else there's not much point in having any Avengers. It's just going to be high tech gadgets we've seen before in other films with cool government agencies, and seeing as how they won't have a whole two hours to establish the move from what we know to the movie's reality, it's not going to be as advanced as Stark's stuff, either. Nick Fury still gets around in a helicopter. It's not comic books, it's just not.

But, yeah, I guess Ultron could hack Tony's armors, and use those as a fight scene, that could be interesting. You guys have won me over. It's not in duplicating the comics like you guys are suggesting, cuz there is no super-tech outside of Stark's basement, but Ultron could actually fill up a movie against 6+ combatants and make for a good story.

Still, there are problems, like Pym not being in the present day. Like most of his power and story coming from Stark or whatever SHIELD's built between Av1 and Av2, him not being a natural bridge from Loki to Thanos, and other stuff like that. But he has potential, can't deny that.


Last edited by DrCosmic; 02-16-2012 at 12:36 PM.
DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:20 PM   #84
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,580
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Well, they're drawing from material that has this stuff in existence. Did vibranium show up before Captain America, no (yes it took place in the 40s before the other movies in the mcu timeline but it still existed). Stark created a new element for pete's sake. I don't think it's a stretch at all to introduce things we haven't seen for the first time into the movies. Especially when you're facing a ridiculously dangerous threat such as this. Of course it's not going to work, you're right, that's why the avengers were formed, but should that stop them from making the attempt? I don't think it should.

As far as Ultron being the enemy, I just think having three cosmic/otherworldly threats in a row seems a bit heavy handed. The Avengers handled heavy hitters on a domestic(earthly) level too. Yes not having pym rooted in the present could be a problem, but they could find ways around that if they wanted to (I hope to god not trust me). But we can agree to disagree and move on.

What we can agree on is that this movie is going to rock and they'll give us a great sequel to boot, no matter what they do.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:37 AM   #85
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Is there something more powerful than nuclear missiles I'm not aware of? He blacks out the cities and blows up some other cities. That's all the story he's capable of, afaik.

Okay that's not true, he can also hack personal information from the heroes and confront them on a personal level, which would be cool.

But regardless, it wouldn't be like the comics, where there's abundant super tech to use on the heroes.

But, yeah, I guess Ultron could hack Tony's armors, and use those as a fight scene, that could be interesting. You guys have won me over. It's not in duplicating the comics like you guys are suggesting, cuz there is no super-tech outside of Stark's basement, but Ultron could actually fill up a movie against 6+ combatants and make for a good story.
I didn't suggest that it would "duplicate the comics", I simply stated that Ultron would make a worthy adversary for the Avengers and could provide a large scale threat.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:44 AM   #86
The Morningstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The place in between...
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Ultron could definitely be a great villain. Not just taking over the worlds technology, but building an army of Ultron's. The possibilities are endless really.

Thanos? He's not omnipotent unless he has the IG or HotU.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:39 AM   #87
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Ultron could definitely be a great villain. Not just taking over the worlds technology, but building an army of Ultron's. The possibilities are endless really.

Thanos? He's not omnipotent unless he has the IG or HotU.
I'm pretty sure he's going to come into possession of the Infinity Gauntlet whenever he shows up as the main villain in the Avengers trilogy.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:03 AM   #88
The Morningstar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: The place in between...
Posts: 10,151
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Well I hope they delve into the cosmic side of Marvel first, before they do the IG story, or the finale to it anyway.

Introduced and explain the cosmic abstracts, celestials etc. Show that it takes more than a bunch of superheroes from Earth to stop Thanos with the IG.

Plus it would give us the opportunity to see the Celestials and Thanos play a game of ping pong... with ****ing planets.

The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:23 AM   #89
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Morningstar View Post
Well I hope they delve into the cosmic side of Marvel first, before they do the IG story, or the finale to it anyway.

Introduced and explain the cosmic abstracts, celestials etc. Show that it takes more than a bunch of superheroes from Earth to stop Thanos with the IG.

Plus it would give us the opportunity to see the Celestials and Thanos play a game of ping pong... with ****ing planets.
Most definately

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:42 AM   #90
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,580
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

I wonder if they will decide after A2 if they'll go past 3 Avengers movies. If they do (and can keep the principle cast together..for the most part) You could push Thanos back towards the end as the ultimate evil they face. While I am sure we all want these avengers to be around for ever, if they continue its conceivable that they might not all be back 10 yrs down the road. Maybe make him their ultimate test.

If they went this route (which again is purely hypothetical) It'd be neat to see a thanos movie with hints of disassembled. Not in the purest sense I know, but the ultimate evil that makes them have to come together and work as a team like never before while finally driving most if not all to the edge that breaks them up. Again this is years down the road if they do more than 3, but hten you could go in other directions whether its a new avengers type approach(or even young avengers if they're established by this time) Just a thought.

I'm really looking forward to Cosmic marvel though, Can't wait.

MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #91
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

If Kevin Feige is still on the idea of there not being an Incredible Hulk 2, I say they could tie up the loose events from TIH into a sequel of the Avengers. Just push back any villain that is hinted at in a first movie and use the Masters of Evil for Avengers 2 with Leader and Abomination in with the team. And then maybe use General Ross and Betty as well. A perfect idea in tying up what happened with The Incredible Hulk if there isn't a sequel, or at least a sequel anytime soon.

Masters of Evil:
- Red Skull
- Mandarin
- Enchantress
- Executioner
- Leader
- Abomination

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:21 PM   #92
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World
 
MMMMM...Pancakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago...The Greatest City In the World
Posts: 5,851
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
If Kevin Feige is still on the idea of there not being an Incredible Hulk 2, I say they could tie up the loose events from TIH into a sequel of the Avengers. Just push back any villain that is hinted at in a first movie and use the Masters of Evil for Avengers 2 with Leader and Abomination in with the team. And then maybe use General Ross and Betty as well. A perfect idea in tying up what happened with The Incredible Hulk if there isn't a sequel, or at least a sequel anytime soon.

Masters of Evil:
- Red Skull
- Mandarin
- Enchantress
- Executioner
- Leader
- Abomination
I like the idea of Masters of Evil for the sequel, but Zemo needs to lead the team. Maybe bring back Red Skull for Cap 2 or 3.

__________________
Bears--Blackhawks--Bulls--Cubs

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
MMMMM...Pancakes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:20 AM   #93
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Baron Zemo if he's in Captain America 2, but the way they're playing on with Red Skull being in the present without having aged a day because of wherever the Cosmic Cube took him, it seems Skull could be a great member for MoE and possibly the leader as well, or co-leader with Mandarin.

But, if Zemo is introduced, then I'd agree and Red Skull can show up in Cap 3.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #94
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 882
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Am I the only one here who'd really like to have Hercules in a sequel?

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:36 PM   #95
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 8,948
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

BP or the Pyms for me , thank you.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #96
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

I'm iffy with the Pyms. It'll be great to see them, but if not then whatevs. Besides, if Wright wants to make an Ant-Man movie with Wasp in its own universe, then so be it.

Black Panther is a must though.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #97
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,580
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

I would love to see Hercules(hell, even a reference to other pantheons) in a Thor sequel before Avengers..

As for Avengers sequel.. MoE would seem to be a smart choice. It needs Zemo though, imho.

__________________
"Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove!"
MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #98
Superhero 101
DESI
 
Superhero 101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7,056
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

yeah panther would be so badass in a movie

And i love the idea of a Masters of Evil for Avengers 2 with
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Thanos
in the mix

__________________
Captain America The Winter Soldier 9/10 The Amazing Spider-man 2 8/10 Godzilla 7/10 X-Men Days Of Future Past 9/10 Dawn Of the Planet Of the Apes, Guardians of the Galaxy
Superhero 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:57 AM   #99
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
BP or the Pyms for me , thank you.
Same here, in a pefect world we'd see BP, Hank, & Jan join The Avengers and bring some Ultron awesomeness with them.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:50 PM   #100
thalidomide
The Enemy
 
thalidomide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Parts, Unknown
Posts: 1,352
Default Re: Avengers Sequel ideas?

For some reason when I read the title of this thread I feel a little nervous thinking, "how can they top the 1st Avengers movie?"

I'm not trying to be negative or anything I'm just saying

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.