The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Comic Books > Marvel Comics

View Poll Results: Who is the greater villain?
Thanos 20 44.44%
Doctor Doom 25 55.56%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2012, 04:58 AM   #151
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Default Re: Thanos Vs. Doctor Doom: Which is the greater villain within the Marvel Universe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklin Richards View Post
First of all... you're talking out your ass. You don't know who the villain will be. If Easter Eggs were proof then Franklin Richards would have been in X-Men 3.
Bumping cause... well...

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...

Last edited by Captain Marvel; 04-15-2012 at 05:02 AM.
Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #152
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thanos Vs. Doctor Doom: Which is the greater villain within the Marvel Universe?

^ Hahahahahahaha this is pretty funny

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:32 PM   #153
The Morningstar
Banned User

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So now more people have seen it, is it definitely Thanos in Avengers? What's his scene like?

Last edited by The Morningstar; 04-18-2012 at 05:43 AM.
The Morningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #154
Franklin Richards
Banned User

Nice ****ing spoiler!!

What the hell, man!

Thanks for nothing.

Franklin Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #155
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Yeah, you need to spoiler tag that, Morningstar.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:33 AM   #156
Harlekin
Business

Hello big ass spoiler.

Harlekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #157
The Morningstar
Banned User

**** sorry guys, i click new posts and i thought it was in the avengers spoiler section. and i wasn't thinking straight after munching about 6 codeine tablets due to this friggin toothache.

my apologies.

Old 04-18-2012, 05:52 AM   #158
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Heh, to be fair, after looking over this thread it really shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. I mean, if you just scroll up you'll see a bunch of pictures of an Infinity Gauntlet prop. That's a pretty damn big hint about who's going to be turning up eventually in the Avengers film franchise right there. It's certainly far more of a big deal than the Easter eggs they had in X2. There's an enormous difference between putting the name of a character like Franklin Richards amongst a couple dozen other names on a computer screen, and commissioning an FX company to make a very large prop for you. In the case of the former, it's a nice little treat for fans which costs you nothing. In the case of the latter, you're spending money on something, likely quite a bit of money on that something. And there's no way that Marvel would spend money on a prop like that unless they intended to use Thanos.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #159
KevanG
Brony

I'd love to see them put out a Thanos based movie like they did with the ultimate avengers series. If the used the Infinity Gauntlet story that would be badass.

Personally, I find Doom is overrated. He's completely obsessed and close minded about his personal obsession with Richards. He has a huge variety of resources at his disposal but he never seems to do the smart thing about it. He's proven he's smarter and more diverse in his resources, magic, his own country, time travel, near god like tech. But nothing ever changes for him.

I haven't read much on him in the last while but for the last several years it's go after someone, usually the FF, win for awhile, get over confident, one gets free, fights him off while the others get lose, kick his butt, and he winds up in jail, hell, (insert place here).To top it off it seems that he really has no friends just minions and robots.

Thanos on the other hand, he's gone from being deaths minion to being God, more than once. He's had control of a few cosmic cubes, made Mephisto his minion, took on and took down Galactus more than once. Tricked an avatar of the Elder Gods/Cancerverse into destroying themselves and then killing off the entire universe. Not to mention absorbing the entire MU when he had the HOTU and they ticked him off too much.

He's got his tail beat several times as well namely everytime he got ultimate power due to his own arrogance or feeling of unworthyness. But For awhile there he decided that he was an idiot and wanted to do better things with his life and help where he had done wrong before which lead to him beating the hell out of Galactus. He decided to be a nice guy and hung around with his self admitted only friend Adam Warlock.

That's just personally why I feel Thanos is a better character he's done more and had a wider variety of experiences.

A live action Thanos might look stupid if they don't do him right. I mean the guy is Purple with a chin like a Skrull, wears blue and gold and seems to have just have points of light for eyes. If they pull it off he'll look awesome though.

Edit: If for some reason what I said doesn't make alot of sense I'm really sick and bed ridden right now with a fever so excuse the rambling of the fevertorn.

#saveWontkinsMom

Last edited by KevanG; 04-22-2012 at 08:28 AM.
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:16 PM   #160
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

If they can CGI the hulk, Thanos will look fine.

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!
THANOSRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:30 PM   #161
Thanos
Side-Kick

Thanos.

Old 05-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #162
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Thanos I'd say. He's an intergalactic whack job that is obsessed with death. Dr. Doom has a bit more mercy when it comes to lives. He might be a dictator in Latveria, but he's benevolent towards his subjects.

- Don't let the baby face fool you.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides

Last edited by Godzilla2000; 05-04-2012 at 05:06 AM.
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #163
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

Thanos for sure. BUT, in the most evil villain category, Mephisto trumps them both.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #164
KevanG
Brony

Mephisto is, you know, THE DEVIL! He would win that contest.

#saveWontkinsMom
KevanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:51 AM   #165
The Morningstar
Banned User

Mephisto is **** scared of Thanos though, so...

Old 06-02-2012, 10:50 PM   #166
MENTALLECT
Banned User

Thanos is immortal, has greater accomplishments, personal strength and power, and more advanced technology, but both have very complex personalities and are semi-honorable. Neither are considered purely evil in the classical sense. Both murder, scheme, and possess unlimited ambition, but ultimately Thanos is the greater villain because he operates on a universal and multiversal level whereas Doom has earthbound operations.

No one was surprised during the Infinity Gauntlet run the only earthly being who tried to relieve Thanos of the gauntlet for their own personal benefit was Doom.

MENTALLECT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:35 AM   #167
Apexpredator1
Newbie First Class

I grew up with Dr Doom. He is the guy George Lucas modeled Darth Vader after and rightly so. Victor Von Doom. An intellect second only to Reed Richards. The world's greatest and foremost alchemist, blending the latest tech with the dark arts. And a very deep character. Absolutely, one of the most dangerous villains in the Marvel universe and yet such a benevolent leader and shepherd for his countrymen of Latveria (although, a recent edition of the whole Avengers vs X-Men spectacle indicates that if Doom would take the money he spends on upgrading his Doombots, he would could eliminate poverty in his country....WTF????...when did this change in Doom's personality come about???).

Incidentally, Thanos is my second favorite Marvel villain and I love that character as well. But Doom will always be first in my book.

Apexpredator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #168
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...ries-announced

Bumping to share this link.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #169
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
I was never a big fan of the nihilistic Thanos. IMO the character's best days was Infinity War and onwards, when he became this smooth-talking, manipulative wild card that entered and/or instigated conflicts for his own enigmatic purposes. And his relationship with Death didn't take a turn for the better until she started showing up in her Endless Death form and actually talked.

Saitou Hajime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #170
Thor The Mighty
Side-Kick

Neither can hold a candle too... The Kangaroo!!

Thor The Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #171
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
People know his weakness: his slavish devotion to Death.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:48 AM   #172
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Which one is better, Thanos or Doom? Just depends on your prefences. Their both good villains in their own right.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #173
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Which one is better, Thanos or Doom? Just depends on your prefences. Their both good villains in their own right.
The question isn't which is more popular, but which is the bigger threat in the Marvel Universe. Which one is Defcon 1 for the heroes of the Marvel Universe while the other is Defcon 2? Which one needs the bigger guns to be stopped? That's the question.