The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Old 04-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #101
Daniel Thompson
Side-Kick

Default Re: Maggie Grace and Guy Pearce Cast in ‘Lockout’

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
I just thought the ridiculousness of the action and the cast having a ton of fun gave it an old school feel, cheesy (but in a good way) bad guys as well.
Well I think a sequel could be better with Jon Hamm as the villian. But I dono movie did not feel like The A-Team to me.

Daniel Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:51 AM   #102
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I would have loved a sequel with Hamm as the villain, would have been great, and personally speaking I thought the movie captured the show perfectly.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #103
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Saw this tonight, had some flaws but was quite enjoyable, mainly because of Guy Pearce. The main flaws were some effects, notably at the start, the movie was very predictable and also the action scene's werent all that memorable, not one really stood out, there were also some logic lapses in space.

But, Guy Pearce was superb in his role, really brought the character to life with his wit and sarcasm and he convinced in the action scene's as well. The story was decent they just didnt really do enough with it, the villains were a little too cliche as well, there was the odd twist, but I felt there should have been more. Maggie Grace was hot and quite decent in her role as well, but this is nothing more than a switch your brain off movie, if you like those, you may like this.

6.5/10.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #104
Blackman
C'mon Son

I saw this. I mean I didnt expect this to be that good, but if your gonna say "F*** the script. Let's just make a cool action movie" you have to put in some good action. Pearce was great, but they really shouldve put some good action in there.

Last edited by Blackman; 07-01-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:56 PM   #105
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL

kind of a disappointing film. pearce was great though.

too predictable and the story was just idiotic at times. that motorcycle chase at the start was embarrassing...looked worse than most video games.

If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #106
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

I would have liked more emphasis put on the two brothers in the prison, that seemed like a really interesting dynamic that could have made for some great characterization.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
DarkSovereignty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #107
enterthemadness
The Triumvirate

This was a good 90s feel action movie. I buy it on DVD one day. One question. Was he the only man smoking cigarettes still? He was called a relic. No one smokes cigarettes anymore.

enterthemadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:59 AM   #108
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

This reminded me of Die Hard and Escape From New York but wasn't as good as either of those movies.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #109
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I loved this movie. It was a ton of fun. Guy was awesome, the action was good enough, and there was a lot of it.

Some men just want to watch the DCCU burn.
Naked Bat is online now   Reply With Quote