The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 04-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #76
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Default Re: The Night Gwen Stacy Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
Hey all, it's been a few years since I've commented on the boards, but I've kept reading them every once in awhile. But a thing in the new international trailer caught my eye pertaining to this thread. There was a brief glimpse of Gwen wearing a trench coat like she does in the comic when she dies. I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up already, but I thought it was something to take note of.
She owns the trenchcoat and will be wearing it in the second movie as well...when she dies

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:12 AM   #77
Marvel Man
Side-Kick

It would be awesome if they did a Kingpin overlapping theme for a few movies.

Marvel Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #78
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateWebhead View Post
She owns the trenchcoat and will be wearing it in the second movie as well...when she dies
Peter wears a blue shirt like he did in USM Clone Saga... Doesnt mean Gwen will turn into Carnage now does it

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #79
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I hope Gwen dies in the 2nd XD

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #80
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Peter wears a blue shirt like he did in USM Clone Saga... Doesnt mean Gwen will turn into Carnage now does it

Old 04-16-2012, 01:27 AM   #81
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
Aunt May can only be Carnage, NOT Gwen!

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:39 PM   #82
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Aunt May can only be Carnage, NOT Gwen!

Old 04-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #83
Daniel Thompson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
It would be awesome if they did a Kingpin overlapping theme for a few movies.
I would love the kingpin as a future villian.

Daniel Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #84
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It's impossible with Fox owning the rights to Daredevil.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #85
Daniel Thompson
Side-Kick

^ Yeah I forgot about all that, but he would make a good Spiderman film villian.

Daniel Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:39 PM   #86
Marjorie
Couch-potato pup

I want the death of Gwen Stacy portrayed as close to the comics as possible. However, the movie should deal with the possibility that Spidey killed Gwen by breaking her neck differently. The neck breaking sound was effective in the comic book page but wouldn't translate as well to the big screen. Let the audience believe with Spidey that he's saved her until he holds her in his arms. Just have the THWIP sound of Spidey's webbing grabbing Gwen's foot. Andrew Garfield must then effectively go from jubilation to devastation to make this scene as powerful as it was in the comics. The Goblin tells Spidey that Gwen was already dead when Spidey webbed Gwen's foot. Grief-stricken and confused, Peter Parker confronts the medical examiner, who informs him that Gwen suffered a broken neck. The ME won't be able to definitely ease Peter's subsequent guilt over Gwen's death, fueling his anger when he goes after the Goblin. Only after the Goblin's death will Peter understand that it doesn't matter whether the fall or Spidey's failed rescue attempt killed Gwen. Show Peter accepting that the true blame rests only with the Goblin, who chose to knock Gwen off the bridge, sealing her fate.

While Gwen's death would be a good cliff hanger for the second film of the trilogy, I hope that Gwen's story is finished by the second film. I don't want the Goblin carrying over as a villain into the third film. By the end of the second film, we should see the defeat of the Goblin and the introduction of MJ as a comforting friend to Peter. That allows a new villain for the third film. Also, MJ will get a chance to shine in the third film as the woman who gives Peter renewed hope for the future after the tragic death of Gwen.

Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #87
SpaceWay2009
Wall-Crawler

I wouldn't be opposed to that idea, Marjorie.

Reasons as to why TSSM was cancelled: http://www.s8.org/gargoyles/askgreg/....php?qid=14223
SpaceWay2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:13 PM   #88
Marjorie
Couch-potato pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceWay2009 View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to that idea, Marjorie.
Thanks! Would you prefer for Gwen's death to be in the third film with the audience being left with the scene of Spidey grieving over Gwen's body? My problem with that is I hate movies with sad endings. I also don't want to be left with such a bad taste in my mouth when we don't know if and when there will be another Spider-Man film dealing with the aftershock of Gwen's death. Look at what happened to the plans for Spider-Man 4. For all we know after these three films are completed, TPTB plan another reboot. Comics were a perfect medium for the death of Gwen. Readers knew that they would find out what happened to Peter in the next month's comic book. We have to wait usually three years for a movie! That's why I don't want a cliff hanger ending in the third film. If we have the bridge scene as a cliff hanger, it has to end the second film.

Marjorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #89
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Assuming that this is planned as a trilogy, I wouldn't want Gwen's death in the third film, if only so we can see Peter come back from that grief. It would work better that way in the 2nd film. That being said, I could see her death in the third film having more of an impact, since we the audience have been there with her and their relationship for 3 films.

Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:05 PM   #90
Anno_Domini
Banned User

If it's only a trilogy(which has been almost confirmed but still sucks), then I see Gwen dying in the second film.

Old 04-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #91
spida-man
THE AMAZING

this better not be a f**king trilogy, i'm so tired of the trilogy B.S that Hollywood gives us. GIVE ME AN ACTUAL EFFIN FILM SERIES. if movies like Star Wars, twilight, harry potty and the hunger games can get more than 3 friggin films, why not a super hero comic book film series?

Old 04-24-2012, 05:58 PM   #92
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spida-man View Post
this better not be a f**king trilogy, i'm so tired of the trilogy B.S that Hollywood gives us. GIVE ME AN ACTUAL EFFIN FILM SERIES. if movies like Star Wars, twilight, harry potty and the hunger games can get more than 3 friggin films, why not a super hero comic book film series?
Star Wars are two distinct trilogies and Hunger Games will probably be a trilogy, since there's only three books in the series.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:07 PM   #93
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Just because the movies you mentioned have more than three movies doesn't mean it can work for every franchise. Primarily, age is a pretty big issue, secondly, no actor really wants to be forced to play the same character over and over and over and over and over - we'd end up having another Batman fiasco. And the last thing that I want is to see Andrew pushing 40 and still playing Spidey.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #94
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Trilogies do work at best in certain scenarios, such as Nolan's Batman films, imo, so I do get why they would want just a trilogy. Plus, it's more fitting to sign a cast up for three films at a time as they did for even Raimi's trilogy.

Star Wars had two distinct trilogies.

Twilight had four books.

Harry Potter had seven.

Hunger Games has three.

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 04-25-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #95
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
Just because the movies you mentioned have more than three movies doesn't mean it can work for every franchise. Primarily, age is a pretty big issue, secondly, no actor really wants to be forced to play the same character over and over and over and over and over - we'd end up having another Batman fiasco. And the last thing that I want is to see Andrew pushing 40 and still playing Spidey.
EXACTLY!

As I said before and I'll say again. It is not a story-telling or Hollywood decision. And if it was a Hollywood decision? Anyone who knows or has worked in the industry can tell you - execs, VP, Presidents,CEOS - would be the FIRST to sign up. It's everyone else that makes it difficult.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:19 PM   #96
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Well, if they only do three movies that would put them on a schedule to release the next reboot about 10 years from now.

Old 04-24-2012, 08:41 PM   #97
Anno_Domini
Banned User

2022, 2032, 2042, 2052, 2062....you get the picture.

Old 04-24-2012, 09:20 PM   #98
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

I mean, we KNOW there will be another reboot, and another, and another....personally, after this new franchise, I would be content with a James Bond type of run for a bit. Each movie is its own entity, giving filmmakers freedom to try different things (ie: the mission impossible franchise). That way we don't have to see the origin every few years.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #99
spida-man
THE AMAZING

i'm not saying we need to have films where Andrew will be playing spidey in his 40s..i'm saying this series doens't need to be a trilogy

i mean is nobody else tired of the same ol stupid cliche with superhero films?

this series should NOT be a trilogy...it should get at least 5 or 6 films IMHO...especially since sony originally wanted to do that with the raimi films anyway.

and unless they die in the comics, the villains should not die i the films..i'm tired of that lame-ass cliche as well.

we have 50 years worth of Spider-Man comics and stories and alternate universes and u mean to tell me the only way to make a film series with him successful is to wrap it all up with a third film?

We have tons of stories from when he was in high school, when he was in college, and as of now obviously out of college.

there is no reason why this series should be a trilogy and no reason why t can't and shouldn't get more than three films.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #100
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I myself would prefer four films(but not five or six, imo...that feels like it'll be too much and the cast will be far older), but if Sony wants to only do a trilogy, then at least make it a worthwhile one.

And plus, I don't really have a problem with villains dying. This IS just a movie to feature that villain, so deaths are a finality of sorts to that villain. Only if the villain returns in a following installment, such as Scarecrow for example, would it then work. Like Shocker as a B-list villain or something that can show up later on.