The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,349
Default Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Ghost Rider has had two shots at becoming a successful film franchise and both efforts have failed. So should they make another Ghost Rider movie? Also what should be done differently in a future Ghost Rider movie?

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:44 PM   #2
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,143
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Actually the first film didn't fail since it earned more than twice the amount it cost to make it, that's not even counting the dvd sales.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:56 PM   #3
Drz
Real Hero
 
Drz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 15,930
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

What the next Ghost Rider movie needs:
- Rider vs. Rider, lets keep the awesome roadie vibe.
- More visuals, what i mean is scenarios like these:

__________________
"I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!"
Thoughts & Rambles
Drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #4
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,349
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Actually the first film didn't fail since it earned more than twice the amount it cost to make it, that's not even counting the dvd sales.
It failed critically and it clearly didn't do as well as the studio hoped, hence why they didn't make another movie for 5 years and the second film having almost no connection with the first. The fact the second one is bombing is due in part to the frist one "poisoning the well".

Besides how many people would say the first Ghost Rider isn't a bad film? Most people seem to think its a pretty bad film.


Last edited by The Overlord; 02-26-2012 at 11:12 PM.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #5
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey
 
MessiahDecoy123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 14,230
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Maybe after 10 years let Marvle Studios take a crack at it.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:51 AM   #6
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,143
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
It failed critically and it clearly didn't do as well as the studio hoped, hence why they didn't make another movie for 5 years and the second film having almost no connection with the first. The fact the second one is bombing is due in part to the frist one "poisoning the well".

Besides how many people would say the first Ghost Rider isn't a bad film? Most people seem to think its a pretty bad film.
But it re-couped it's budget and made a pretty nice profit so it's not a failure by any means.

There are several films with similar critical reception that have gone on to create successful franchises, so critical consensus is not as important as some may think.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #7
The Overlord
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 7,349
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
But it re-couped it's budget and made a pretty nice profit so it's not a failure by any means.

There are several films with similar critical reception that have gone on to create successful franchises, so critical consensus is not as important as some may think.
But Ghost Rider is not a successful a franchise, the sequel did way worse and they had to slash the budget for the sequel. The first film was bad so the whole franchise gained a bad reputation with the general audiences, so the second one did way worse. The first one made money because people where curious about the concept, but when people saw the film and saw that it was terrible, if were turned off on the concept. So sure the first one made money, but it "poisoned the well" for the franchise. It seems like it would take a decade to undo this damage.

Plus again, how many people would say the first Ghost Rider movie was good?


Last edited by The Overlord; 02-27-2012 at 11:32 AM.
The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:57 AM   #8
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol
 
Midnyte_Sun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 5,210
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Sequel with Nicolas Cage again in 5 years. Budget: 50 Million.






j/k


-

Complete reboot. Get a director who can film action and horror; write a script that is Rated R; Big Budget, EPIC action every 15 minutes, enemies that don't die as easily and are as horrific as can be, supporting characters that matter, plenty of suspense, no cheesy camp.

The last fight alone should last non-stop 20 minutes and be full on GR bone-crushing bad-assery with him using his bike, hellfire, shotgun, his chains (as chain spear, chain link shurikens, and lasso), hell-fire, plenty of ass-kicking, punching, choking, running over, dismembering, impalement, beheading, busting through objects, biting, screaming, falling, flying, and it should involve an area the size of a football field being blown to bits with bad-assery.

That's all I ask for.


Last edited by Midnyte_Sun; 02-28-2012 at 01:50 AM.
Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 AM   #9
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,143
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

I really wanted to see Ghost Rider use alot more hellfire attacks than he did in this film, I wanted to see him shoot it out of his hands like a flamethrower and summon hellfire walls.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
CaptainCraig
Side-Kick
 
CaptainCraig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 517
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
It failed critically ....
Besides how many people would say the first Ghost Rider isn't a bad film? Most people seem to think its a pretty bad film.
Studios don't care about critics UNLESS the film they made was intended as Oscar bait. If studios cared about critics opinions on every film there wouldn't be Resident Evil, Friday 13th, Underworld and Final Destination type films.

Ghost Rider isn't a BAD film, the first one, it isn't a GREAT film either. It's a mediocore film with a few highlights of awesome. You hear people quickly call it bad but that is a knee jerk reaction or someone who truly hasn't seen enough films to know horribly bad from mediocore. There are not just two categories, I'd argue not even three if you include mediocore. The point is people who just go "Good" or "Bad" don't understand nuance.

__________________
Freedom is the right of all sentient beings - Optimus Prime
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CaptainCraig1
CaptainCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #11
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,143
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCraig View Post
Studios don't care about critics UNLESS the film they made was intended as Oscar bait. If studios cared about critics opinions on every film there wouldn't be Resident Evil, Friday 13th, Underworld and Final Destination type films.

Ghost Rider isn't a BAD film, the first one, it isn't a GREAT film either. It's a mediocore film with a few highlights of awesome. You hear people quickly call it bad but that is a knee jerk reaction or someone who truly hasn't seen enough films to know horribly bad from mediocore. There are not just two categories, I'd argue not even three if you include mediocore. The point is people who just go "Good" or "Bad" don't understand nuance.
Right on the money

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #12
Evil Twin
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,392
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

FYI, GR:SOV is doing very well overseas. They may come out in the black on this one too due to the overseas audience.

Evil Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
hellfiremaster
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 167
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Yes there should...

It should be rated R

It should be very graphic... I mean its only blood people...

It should take place in NYC.....

You need to have GR with the charred skull and a take off of the Ketch costume.. ala spikes...

Vengeance should be a villian...

Spidey should have a guest slot....

Hobgoblin should also get a slot....

The Scarecrow should be the other villian...

Blade can make an appearance...

There should be no mention of the deal, or the devil unless it explains Vengeance.

Leave Spidey out if spidey in an R movie is a no can do.

HFM

hellfiremaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:04 PM   #14
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,655
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Well, seeing as how Sony treated the sequel, i'm not sure I would want another from them. Having the budget less than half the first film when the first movie made its budget back domestically and did very well in DVD sales, not to mention giving it to hack directors, doesnt inspire one with confidence.

I would rather it went back to Marvel at this point but with SOV doing well over-seas they may churn out another one, we'll see.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #15
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,143
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Twin View Post
FYI, GR:SOV is doing very well overseas. They may come out in the black on this one too due to the overseas audience.
Awesome

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #16
Steampunk Ghost
"No one but a Ghost"
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 41
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
Ghost Rider has had two shots at becoming a successful film franchise and both efforts have failed. So should they make another Ghost Rider movie? Also what should be done differently in a future Ghost Rider movie?
if they do decide to make another one, they should find different directors. nuff said.

Steampunk Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 08:58 PM   #17
cryptic name
No Limits
 
cryptic name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Santa Barbara
Posts: 8,924
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

They definitely should make another one down the road. There's greatness to be found in the Ghost Rider concept, and not just because the character looks cool. If they do another one, what they really need to to is highlight what makes the character unique and celebrate the horror in the concept. Make it R-rated. Make it scary. Make the action intense. Make the drama feel real and the stakes high. An ideal Ghost Rider movie, in my very humble opinion, should be a third Easy Rider, and third The Exorcist, and a third Terminator 2. I think you'd get the most mileage out of adapting a version of Vengeance as the villain. Rider vs. Rider. Use really freakish, surreal imagery in flashbacks and nightmares, and have The Rider as an unstoppable force that just tears through evil doers until he meets his match in the adversary and it comes down to an epic clash between supernatural forces of nature with the other main characters caught in the middle.

__________________
"All I really need to know is this: Batman always comes back, bigger and better, shiny and new. Batman never dies. It never ends. It probably never will."

I believe in Batfleck
cryptic name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:12 PM   #18
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,143
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
They definitely should make another one down the road. There's greatness to be found in the Ghost Rider concept, and not just because the character looks cool. If they do another one, what they really need to to is highlight what makes the character unique and celebrate the horror in the concept. Make it R-rated. Make it scary. Make the action intense. Make the drama feel real and the stakes high. An ideal Ghost Rider movie, in my very humble opinion, should be a third Easy Rider, and third The Exorcist, and a third Terminator 2. I think you'd get the most mileage out of adapting a version of Vengeance as the villain. Rider vs. Rider. Use really freakish, surreal imagery in flashbacks and nightmares, and have The Rider as an unstoppable force that just tears through evil doers until he meets his match in the adversary and it comes down to an epic clash between supernatural forces of nature with the other main characters caught in the middle.
Agreed

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #19
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator
 
AVEITWITHJAMON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Liverpool, UK.
Posts: 24,655
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

If we do get another movie, keep Neveldine and Taylor as FAR AWAY from it as possible, there are plenty of cheap directors out there who have vision and can create a coherent story without the amount of stupid parts they had in this movie.

__________________
2014 movie ratings out of 10:

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(4)Captain America: TWS-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)WOWS-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)Sin City: ADTDF-7(15)300:ROAE-7(16)The Equalizer-7(17)Million Ways To Die In The West-7(18)47 Ronin-6(19)Monuments Men-5(20)Ride Along-5(21)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #20
Cheshire Cat
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 9
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

I think two are enough. The newest one got boring in some parts.

Cheshire Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #21
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,583
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Should there be? In the long run, yes. Under two conditions: GR first goes back to Marvel and next AT LEAST 10 years go by so we have time to get both of these piece of junk movies out of our minds. If those two things aren't met, then I hope we never get another movie.

__________________
"Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove!"
MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #22
Mace Dolex
Powerful User
 
Mace Dolex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,034
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

I hated both of them, Ghost Rider is sort of like the Punisher in which both are limited for exciting storylines and while I like Nicholas Cage he seems to ham it up a bit too much which is totally unlike the character.

If I want Marvel to waste their money on more GR movies then have them straight-to-DVD that way I don't have the impulse to see it.

__________________
There are farts that smell bad and then there are farts that smell really bad, if you have one of those real bad smelly ones then that's the first signs of diarrhea.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:06 PM   #23
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 14,183
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

How old is Johnny Blaze supposed to be?

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:29 PM   #24
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,865
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Sure, but:
-No Nicholas Cage
-Better director/writer - Guillermo Del Toro, perhaps? Someone who has a dark and unique aesthetic.
-New villains. Scarecrow, perhaps?
If Marvel reacquires the rights for the related properties, I see no reason why they cannot do a dark MCU, tying Blade, Ghost Rider, and Punisher together.
-More of Carter Slade. He was the best part of the first Ghost Rider film and was underused.

jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #25
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick
 
MarvelKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,583
Default Re: Should there be another Ghost Rider movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Sure, but:
-No Nicholas Cage
-Better director/writer - Guillermo Del Toro, perhaps? Someone who has a dark and unique aesthetic.
-New villains. Scarecrow, perhaps?
If Marvel reacquires the rights for the related properties, I see no reason why they cannot do a dark MCU, tying Blade, Ghost Rider, and Punisher together.
-More of Carter Slade. He was the best part of the first Ghost Rider film and was underused.
Hell you don't even have to tie them together. Just give them their own little 'dark corner' of the MCU. All they need is their own little niche in the larger universe. I would never expect the Avengers to encounter the Punisher, in terms of the Cinematic Universe. This way, you can have reference the larger world but keep them grounded in their own world within the MCU.

__________________
"Well, I guess the laws of physics cease to exist on top of your stove!"
MarvelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.