Philadelphia Flyers 0 0%
Detroit Red Wings 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2012, 10:06 PM   #76
Immortalfire
The Mod of Death
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: 2011/2012 NHL Thread: Cup Quest - Part 1

Very disappointing to see the Penguins resort to such low down, dirty moves. Usually that's the Philadelphia team's role.

I'm watching the Blues/Sharks at the moment...

Old 04-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #77
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurka View Post
This about sums up how I'm feeling.

http://www.pensburgh.com/2012/4/15/2...ement#comments
I hate to say it, because I really like Bylsma, but he needs to be fired for this. He is a good coach and I am sure he will get picked up somewhere, but for this series he needs to be fired. His team was down and rather than inspiring them and getting them to stand tall and united (which is a coach's most important task), he allowed them to fall apart and become thugs. That implies to me that he has lost the locker room.

The Pens were cocky going into this series. It is that simple. They were cocky and took victory for granted. Then when things became hard, they fell apart, both on the ice and mentally. What the Penguins need right now is a strict, authoritarian coach who will make their stars work just as hard as the scrubs in practice (no exceptions), teach the team that nothing comes easily and essentially change the whole culture of the locker room.

Bylsma is the exact man that they needed in 2009. I am sure he will get picked up by a team who needs him the same way that the Pens needed him then. But right now, he is the wrong coach for Pittsburgh.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #78
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I hate to say it, because I really like Bylsma, but he needs to be fired for this. He is a good coach and I am sure he will get picked up somewhere, but for this series he needs to be fired. His team was down and rather than inspiring them and getting them to stand tall and united (which is a coach's most important task), he allowed them to fall apart and become thugs. That implies to me that he has lost the locker room.

The Pens were cocky going into this series. It is that simple. They were cocky and took victory for granted. Then when things became hard, they fell apart, both on the ice and mentally. What the Penguins need right now is a strict, authoritarian coach who will make their stars work just as hard as the scrubs in practice (no exceptions), teach the team that nothing comes easily and essentially change the whole culture of the locker room.

Bylsma is the exact man that they needed in 2009. I am sure he will get picked up by a team who needs him the same way that the Pens needed him then. But right now, he is the wrong coach for Pittsburgh.
Couldn't agree more. The power play has been horrible for the last few years too. With skilled guns like Crosby,Malkin and Neal on the team,that can't happen. I am a huge Pens fan,but I was severely disappointed with how they behaved in game 3. They are a good bunch of guys and should not be acting like that. But,it's not just the Pens. It's Nashville,Detroit,Chicago;etc,etc. Watching the playoffs this year has really made me see how little respect players have for each other. Hits to the head,using a stick to spear another players...it's getting ridiculous. The NHL NEEDS to get this under control. I would imagine they are losing fans by the minute,even as we speak.

Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 11:49 PM   #79
Yurka
Let The Games Begin!

At the very least Bylsma, Lemieux or even Granato need to issue a statement to apologize and assure the fans what happened won't happen again. If they lose the next game, so be it, but lose with some dignity and don't stoop, ever again.

FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE 'SLEEP DEPRIVED' FANS OF . .
__T_H_E__ D_A_R_K__ K_N_I_G_H_T__
Yurka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #80
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortalfire View Post
Very disappointing to see the Penguins resort to such low down, dirty moves. Usually that's the Philadelphia team's role.

I'm watching the Blues/Sharks at the moment...
Never saw the Flyers as a "dirty" team. Not now certainly, and not even in the 70's during the Broad Street Bullies days. Then they'd beat you senseless but they'd do it right to your face, there were no real cheap shots.

What Pittsburgh's done in this series, has just been downright cowardly. It's a shame too. I used to lover Aaron Asham when he was an Islander. That team's fallen a long way since the days of Lemieux, Mullen, Stevens, Barrasso, and Co.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:25 AM   #81
ih8nyy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Someone needs to make a ton of Gifs for this playoffs, I mean with Keslers dives, Crosby hitting the glove with his stick and all the fineable (thats my new word) hitsin this first round we could have some meme gold.
There is a Crosby smacking the glove away .gif already. I need to find it as I couldn't save it at work.

01', 03', 04', 04', 07', 08', 11', 13'
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
ih8nyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #82
ih8nyy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
The Pens were cocky going into this series. It is that simple. They were cocky and took victory for granted.
What amazes me is to think why they would be so cocky in the 1st place. Philly owned them in the regular season. But I for one have been shocked at how much they have come unglued.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #83
ih8nyy
Side-Kick

So how many games is Raffi Torres gonna get for that hit on Hossa?
You can't leave your feet and launch yourself into a guy with your shoulder Raffi. How there was no call on the play is ridiculous.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #84
Microchip
Gettin my applesauce back

I'll go with 5 games. Repeat offender, victim left on a stretcher, and I believe 5 games would make it the longest suspension of the playoffs so far.

Microchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #85
Immortalfire
The Mod of Death
SHH! Global Moderator

The league needs to hammer him harder than he hit Marian. I've liked Hoss since he was with the Thrashers, so I really felt bad seeing him unnecessarily clobbered like that.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:09 PM   #86
The Incredible Hulk
O AN I SEXY!

These hits would be far less bad if they'd stop letting these guys wear body armor as padding on their elbows and shoulders.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #87
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Suspended indefinitely....

I agree with TIHulk... they should go back to the old school shoulder pads as opposed to the hard plastics they use now... just a matter of time before somebody gets killed...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #88
Paroxysm
Banned User

I think he will get 4 games.

Shanny's been pretty busy lately. I haven't seen this many suspensions in the playoffs before.

I'd also think they should wear less armor, they won't check as hard and won't hurt guys when they do.

Paroxysm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #89
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Yeah let's take the helmets away too, I played with those plastic pads and they really aren't too different from the Cloth covered ones thy used to play with. The guy jumped into him, lessening the pading is not the answer. Not having players out there policing this ******** is the problem. Players like Rob Ray, Tony Twist and countless others prevented shut like this from happening.

Hush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #90
Themanofbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Yeah let's take the helmets away too, I played with those plastic pads and they really aren't too different from the Cloth covered ones thy used to play with. The guy jumped into him, lessening the pading is not the answer. Not having players out there policing this ******** is the problem. Players like Rob Ray, Tony Twist and countless others prevented shut like this from happening.
Man, you know **** about hockey gear.

The plastic should pads hit much harder than the old school softer pads... you could hurt a guy with the old pads, but you're going to see someone get seriously hurt and/or killed with this new stuff.

They are completely different, and if you think differently, then you must be playing in house league for little girls only.

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Old 04-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #91
Themanofbat

And yes... take away the instigator penalty.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:06 PM   #92
ih8nyy
Side-Kick

Seriously. It doesn't matter who win's the Pitt/Philly series, cause neither of them is making it past the 2nd round with goaltending like this. Brutal.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-18-2012, 08:07 PM   #93
nocomics
Side-Kick

Just makes you wonder is the gear keeping up with the just pure size and speed of the game? Just like all other sports, players are bigger, faster than in the past. Ya, allot of it is lack of respect for each other, is that something not being taught in college/jr's?
Has the playoffs just put in forefront what has happened all year? Or do we think this sudden rise of cheap shots just a fluke for the 1st round of playoffs? There hasn't been alot of this in Blues/Sharks series(some,but not like pens/flyers), and its been good hockey in kings/'nucks series. I haven't watched any others series so I can't say on those.

*Right now watching Pens/Flyers; no brawls just a lot of scoring,good lord!!! I have to say both teams don't have that 'it' goaltender imo.

nocomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #94
ih8nyy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocomics View Post
Just makes you wonder is the gear keeping up with the just pure size and speed of the game? Just like all other sports, players are bigger, faster than in the past. Ya, allot of it is lack of respect for each other, is that something not being taught in college/jr's?
Has the playoffs just put in forefront what has happened all year? Or do we think this sudden rise of cheap shots just a fluke for the 1st round of playoffs? There hasn't been alot of this in Blues/Sharks series(some,but not like pens/flyers), and its been good hockey in kings/'nucks series. I haven't watched any others series so I can't say on those.

*Right now watching Pens/Flyers; no brawls just a lot of scoring,good lord!!! I have to say both teams don't have that 'it' goaltender imo.
Players are definitely bigger and faster, but the equipment is a heck of a lot more solid. Esp. the caps on the shoulder pads and the elbow pads are serious weapons now. Instead of some foam and leather the elbow pads are solid plastic and do a ton of damage.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #95
Immortalfire
The Mod of Death
SHH! Global Moderator

The Penguins are destroying.

Immortalfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #96
Themanofbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ih8nyy View Post
Players are definitely bigger and faster, but the equipment is a heck of a lot more solid. Esp. the caps on the shoulder pads and the elbow pads are serious weapons now. Instead of some foam and leather the elbow pads are solid plastic and do a ton of damage.
Not unless you play in the little girl house league that Hush plays in... lol

Old 04-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #97
Yurka
Let The Games Begin!

If the Pens lose the series, I'll be content that they at least showed up for 1 game.

FOUNDING MEMBER OF THE 'SLEEP DEPRIVED' FANS OF . .
__T_H_E__ D_A_R_K__ K_N_I_G_H_T__
Yurka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #98
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Geez, I wouldn't. I'd be pretty pissed.

#saveWontkinsMom
runawayboulder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:32 PM   #99
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated

Ouch, the momentum is seriously in the Sens favor now. The Rangers could be in some trouble...

#saveWontkinsMom
runawayboulder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #100
nocomics
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
Ouch, the momentum is seriously in the Sens favor now. The Rangers could be in some trouble...
I haven't gotten to see any of the Rangers nor the Devils series. Though I've been really enjoying the Kings/Canucks series, this is how a series should be played(not taking anything from my Blues/Sharks series).

nocomics is offline   Reply With Quote